The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Since this is a 3DS Discussion thread, I may as well discuss some games as well.

My mum also pre-ordered me OOT:3D, despite it coming out in several months, which has made me even more hyped for it. XD

Also, I didn't know how amazing the graphics are going to be in comparison to the original. I mean, I know they were going to be a better, but I'm shocked at how much.
For example...:
Spoiler:
compared to
Spoiler:

I know graphics don't make the game, but it looks amazing! :D Yeah. I can't wait. XD
The graphics are brilliant on the 3DS, the cutscenes on PES look exactly like the 360 ones but smaller.
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I certainly am impressed with the graphics on the 3DS. I do love the analog stick, it just feels smooth and natural; I was worried that it would be just an after thought.
Old March 29th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Sora's Nobody
The Official Roxas

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
So yeah, got the 3ds a few days ago. Am pretty dissapointed to say the least. It was all fun, but when i realized how freaking much that thing cost. It was really not worth it. I think i'll devise a plan to take it back for a refund (even thought it's been open)

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Old March 29th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Pera
I'm sooo excited!!

Nature: Quiet
The moment I heard 3D in the 3DS I said I wasn't getting one.

Somethings wrong with my eyes and I can't see anything in 3D, which kinda makes me sad after hearing my friends talk about the awesomeness of 3D.

Join PNY on WarOfNinja.com - Your #1 Online Multiplayer Ninja Game
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:23 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

Sora's Nobody, you realize that there are a TON of great games coming out in the next few months. Ocarina of Time is coming in June, Kid Icarus comes later this year, and we still don't have dates for Mario Kart, Star Fox, Paper Mario, Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, and a ton of other games. You're just going to turn around and spend $250 on another one when it gets some games you want (I don't expect a price drop anytime soon) so why not just keep it now? At least you have the system and can concentrate on just buying the games for it as they come. All systems have disappointing games at launch, that's the penalty of being an early adopter...but you're not going to save yourself anything by returning it and buying it again later. :/

And Pera, honestly, the 3D is the feature I care least about. I'm more impressed with the improved specs, the analog pad, and the games they've already announced to be releasing in the next year or so.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of patchisou yutohru
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old March 29th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Fenrir Reki
Guardian of Destruction

Nature: Calm
I just recently got my 3DS (on the release day at gamestop) and well, I like it sort of. The 3D is nice but it seems like it strains your eyes too much so I usually leave the effect off whenever I play 3DS games. It's boring for me to play at the moment only because there is almost no good 3DS titles out yet.(which is understandable) But the game I want to get the most is Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D because I always loved playing Mercenaries in Resident Evil, and being able to play it on the go with decent graphics, improved gameplay, and more characters is just awesome. The AR games is interesting too even though I don't play it that much, and there is one thing I noticed about the 3DS, it seems to have slightly lower quality pictures than the DSi. (unless its just me. They both take low quality pictures anyways)

(Working on a better signature + avy)

Old March 29th, 2011, 02:46 PM
cullen95
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Exactly Morkula.

And the deal with the fuzzy ds games doesn't bother me. I got used to it
Old March 29th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Shadow
Eeyah hah hah!

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shadow Send a message via Yahoo to Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
I certainly am impressed with the graphics on the 3DS. I do love the analog stick, it just feels smooth and natural; I was worried that it would be just an after thought.
This is something I've not heard enough people praise.

The analog stick feels really nice. It is easier on the thumb than the PSP's and it seems more fluid and seems to have more of a radius.

My only complaint on it is that my thumb naturally goes to it instead of the D-Pad due to the D-Pad being shifted down. I just need to get used to it.
Old March 29th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

This is something I've not heard enough people praise.

The analog stick feels really nice. It is easier on the thumb than the PSP's and it seems more fluid and seems to have more of a radius.

My only complaint on it is that my thumb naturally goes to it instead of the D-Pad due to the D-Pad being shifted down. I just need to get used to it.
Yeah, I agree on this, it's nice and smooth and feels soft on your thumb I really like the analouge stick it's a great new addition

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old March 29th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

The only complaint I really have on my system is the fact that they put a power button back on its face, my finger keeps wandering in that area looking for Start/Select. Also I don't see the stretched DS games being a big deal, starting them with the Start/Select trick makes them even smaller than they were on my DS Lite, so it's kind of annoying.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old March 29th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
The only complaint I really have on my system is the fact that they put a power button back on its face, my finger keeps wandering in that area looking for Start/Select. Also I don't see the stretched DS games being a big deal, starting them with the Start/Select trick makes them even smaller than they were on my DS Lite, so it's kind of annoying.
That's exactly what I'm doing, in the middle of a game and I want to pause, my finger goes to where the Start/Select buttons used to be but is now where the power button is and I lose control of what game I'm on. I guess it's something I'll have to get used to.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old March 29th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
You'll get used to it in time I guess.

Also, I like to think I struck lucky with this. I just found out today that I can get a brand new 3DS from EB Games for only $175, but it means I'll have to trade in my DSi for it. considering this is half price, is this completely worth it, to trade in the DSi for something awesome and new, or not?
Old March 29th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Eon-Rider
An "Original" PC Supporter

Nature: Quirky
For anyone in Australia who's still looking for a cheap price on the 3DS, you can get on for $199 today on catchoftheday.com.au saving you $150. They're only doing it for an hour so be ready like I am.

EDIT: Nevermind.. They were sold out within a minute. I put in my details and their website had crashed and they were sold out by the time my order was processed.

ANYTHING works in-game

Want a free PokePark Meowth?

If you think my posts are rude then you can't handle the truth.

Last edited by Eon-Rider; March 29th, 2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora's Nobody View Post
So yeah, got the 3ds a few days ago. Am pretty dissapointed to say the least. It was all fun, but when i realized how freaking much that thing cost. It was really not worth it. I think i'll devise a plan to take it back for a refund (even thought it's been open)
Why did you even buy it?

Christ.
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora's Nobody View Post
Have you got another console (PS3, 360, etc)? If so, I am sure you paid around about the same price, if not more for those.
There are so many games coming out for it that I am sure you will like at least a few of them.

May I ask, why are you disappointed? Is it JUST because of the price?
Old March 30th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I don't think the 3DS is disappointing yet, but it has the potential to become one of the greats! Sure, the steep price will keep people away for a while, and so will the lack of games, but once those good games come out, you'll probably love it. I'm talking Zelda, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario and games like those, which will actually make the 3DS a lot better than they actually are.

Hopefully if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get my hands on one next week, which will be awesome. So I present a question. What colour should I get? I was aiming for Black, but Captain Fabio's pictures of the Aqua colour makes me want to get that instead. Will they have a different feel to them, like is the texture of both colours different?
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Virgilia
Chronos.

Nature: Timid
I haven't got my hands on a copy yet, but I've played my friend's and it's amazing! He had Rayman and I thought it was so awesome! I'm definitely gonna get Rayman, and maybe Nintendogs and Cats, since the better games come out later on in the year. :3

And yeah, I'm gonna get the aqua colour. It looks a lot cooler than the black. xD

Signature by TerBss on DA.
"As they didn't notice... Seasons changing in the breeze."
Time Hollow~
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
I don't think the 3DS is disappointing yet, but it has the potential to become one of the greats! Sure, the steep price will keep people away for a while, and so will the lack of games, but once those good games come out, you'll probably love it. I'm talking Zelda, Kid Icarus, Paper Mario and games like those, which will actually make the 3DS a lot better than they actually are.

Hopefully if I'm lucky, I'll be able to get my hands on one next week, which will be awesome. So I present a question. What colour should I get? I was aiming for Black, but Captain Fabio's pictures of the Aqua colour makes me want to get that instead. Will they have a different feel to them, like is the texture of both colours different?
My friend has the Cosmo Black and I am trying to steal it off him to I can picture it for the front page for you guys, so I hope that should be up in a few days for you guys to compare at your lesure.
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:47 PM
arceus123shiny
pkmn 4ever

Send a message via Yahoo to arceus123shiny
I looked up the internet browser for the 3ds and it said that it wont be avalible till late may. All this time I've been trying to get online on my 3d.
white fc: 1334 8461 6247Anne
nintendo 3d fc : 5241-1928-8415 name dawn
platinum fc: 2365 4547 4140 mari
Old March 30th, 2011, 04:06 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

"Nintendo has confirmed that the digital online store and internet browser for the 3DS will be up and running by the time the system launches."

Woops! XD
So much for that then. I only just found that quote, oh well, nothing that can be done about it now.

I guess I would rather have the browser not finished than them putting the whole console back till it is actually completed.

Last edited by Alinthea; March 30th, 2011 at 04:57 PM. Reason: fail
Old March 30th, 2011, 04:16 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
My friend has the Cosmo Black and I am trying to steal it off him to I can picture it for the front page for you guys, so I hope that should be up in a few days for you guys to compare at your lesure.
I can just take pictures of my black one, if you want?

I really wish the launch lineup wasn't so... bleh. I got Ridge Racer, Super Street Fighter IV, and Samurai Warriors. Samurai Warriors is actually my favorite, though it's only because Ridge Racer makes me nauseous sometimes and I've been playing SSFIV on the 360 for over a year now. XD

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old March 30th, 2011, 04:50 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

I got this urge to go get one right now but I kinda want to hold off.

I have the money but I dunno....I'm not feeling it.
Old March 30th, 2011, 04:57 PM
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Paid for mine but have to wait for delivery because I went with that option (Cheaper! Savings!). It should have come today but it seems the only thinkgsent out is the game. =/ Ah well - I actually do not mind the delay seeing I am good at waiting for stuff and have a rather busy weekend as it is... Certainly am looking forward to it when it does come though.
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old March 30th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parallelzero View Post
I can just take pictures of my black one, if you want?

I really wish the launch lineup wasn't so... bleh. I got Ridge Racer, Super Street Fighter IV, and Samurai Warriors. Samurai Warriors is actually my favorite, though it's only because Ridge Racer makes me nauseous sometimes and I've been playing SSFIV on the 360 for over a year now. XD
I know. I didn't get any games for it when I bought it. The only reason I bought the console on the release date was because my mate was working there, so I could get the discount.

I am looking forward to some of the releases though. Shame LoZ is a while away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .EJ View Post
I got this urge to go get one right now but I kinda want to hold off.

I have the money but I dunno....I'm not feeling it.
Don't blame you. I think it has had mixed responses, but people are still buying it anyway! XD

I am sure there will be offers on with games that you like in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Paid for mine but have to wait for delivery because I went with that option (Cheaper! Savings!). It should have come today but it seems the only thinkgsent out is the game. =/ Ah well - I actually do not mind the delay seeing I am good at waiting for stuff and have a rather busy weekend as it is... Certainly am looking forward to it when it does come though.
Let me guess, you are going to be checking the post every single morning? XD
I always do that when I am waiting for something to be delivered.
Old March 30th, 2011, 05:09 PM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

I'm completely interested in the Professor Layton/Phoenix Wright crossover, the new Kingdom Hearts game, the LoZ: Ocarina of Time remake, etc...

..but shelling out $250 always stings xD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links