Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index



Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation
Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Post Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1301    
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:57 AM
A_Creative_Name
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male

Advertise here
Um... Is it okay if I wasted my Master Ball (the one I got from Silph) on the wild Snorlax, or do I need it for something else?
  #1302    
Old March 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Red1530's Avatar
Red1530
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New York State
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Creative_Name View Post
Um... Is it okay if I wasted my Master Ball (the one I got from Silph) on the wild Snorlax, or do I need it for something else?
I would not use it on the Snorlax because it has a higher catch rate then the legendary Pokémon.



Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
  #1303    
Old March 29th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian
But you're still hungry.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
I would save it for a legendary dog (depends on who your starter is). One of them will roam Kanto after you beat the E4, but it runs when you find it, so the Master Ball would be good for that.

paired to crono
  #1304    
Old March 29th, 2011, 02:40 PM
A_Creative_Name
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1530 View Post
I would not use it on the Snorlax because it has a higher catch rate then the legendary Pokémon.
Oops. Well, that's what a first playthrough is for, I guess.
  #1305    
Old March 30th, 2011, 05:36 AM
SonicTH's Avatar
SonicTH
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to SonicTH
Guys,help me please...I can't save my LeafGreen game...

What I have to do?
-they are so cute together)



-welcome to my and my friend's site!
  #1306    
Old March 30th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Hoenn's Avatar
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTH View Post
Guys,help me please...I can't save my LeafGreen game...
What I have to do?
What happens when you try to save?
  #1307    
Old March 30th, 2011, 06:01 AM
SonicTH's Avatar
SonicTH
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to SonicTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post


What happens when you try to save?
Save error,and...Nothing...
(((
-they are so cute together)



-welcome to my and my friend's site!
  #1308    
Old March 30th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Perrie ✿'s Avatar
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTH View Post
Save error,and...Nothing...
(((
Since this is an emulation question in a way, I don't think it's aloud ;o;

But I'll answer anyway; Open up VBA, go to,

Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Click 128K or something, it should be under 64. It should save then.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
  #1309    
Old March 30th, 2011, 05:18 PM
A_Creative_Name
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Or just use VBA's save states which work much better anyway.
  #1310    
Old March 31st, 2011, 08:56 AM
SonicTH's Avatar
SonicTH
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to SonicTH
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Creative_Name View Post
Or just use VBA's save states which work much better anyway.
I wanted to play with my friend (VBA Link),but this ver. can't read save files from another VBA...(Emulator save files).That's why I want GAME save file.

Quote:
Options -> Emulator -> Save Type -> Click 128K or something, it should be under 64. It should save then.
I tried ... It does not help
-they are so cute together)



-welcome to my and my friend's site!
  #1311    
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Perrie ✿'s Avatar
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Well then it's the actual ROM, download a new one and move on.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
  #1312    
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:47 AM
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian
But you're still hungry.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
Okay guys, seriously. If someone's having trouble with emulators or ROMs, please refer them to the Emulation forum where they can probably get better and quicker help.

paired to crono
  #1313    
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:01 AM
Yoshimad123's Avatar
Yoshimad123
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Nature: Naive
I'm trying to hatch a shiny Shuppet in Ruby.
If the egg only has one step left until it actually hatches, can I soft-reset and keep taking that one step until it hatches into a shiny, or is the shininess determined from when you first get the egg?
  #1314    
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:31 AM
Ursula's Avatar
Ursula
have we got a deal?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: texas
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Ursula Send a message via Skype™ to Ursula
I'm pretty sure it's determined when you get the egg.
JOIN THE CHAT!
Paired with Hiroshi Sotomura and Cherrim
  #1315    
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:22 AM
Azure Rathalδs's Avatar
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
In the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald, are pokemon over level 50 downgraded to level 50 or are they just plain not allowed?

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
  #1316    
Old April 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM
Sydian's Avatar
Sydian
But you're still hungry.
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Alabama
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Nature: Timid
They'll be elegible for open battle, iirc. But they won't be allowed in the level 50 ones, no.

paired to crono
  #1317    
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:33 PM
PokeMasterLM's Avatar
PokeMasterLM
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Manto Region
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshimad123 View Post
I'm trying to hatch a shiny Shuppet in Ruby.
If the egg only has one step left until it actually hatches, can I soft-reset and keep taking that one step until it hatches into a shiny, or is the shininess determined from when you first get the egg?
It is when you first get the egg.
save it before you get the egg from the,
old man. make sure you have empty boxes.
and keep hatching till you get a shiny
  #1318    
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:01 AM
SpeedzSterzz's Avatar
SpeedzSterzz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
I'm playing saphire version and I am going to start my first ever form of EV training.

Can somebody just give me a quick rundown of how to EV train effectively on pokemon saphire?

Can I EV train any low level pokemon or do I have to breed and start at level 5? And when do you stop EV training on a pokemon? How do I know that my pokemon are gaining EV's after a battle?

Some help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys.
  #1319    
Old April 13th, 2011, 03:06 AM
PlatinumDude's Avatar
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Canada
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedzSterzz View Post
I'm playing saphire version and I am going to start my first ever form of EV training.

Can somebody just give me a quick rundown of how to EV train effectively on pokemon saphire?

Can I EV train any low level pokemon or do I have to breed and start at level 5? And when do you stop EV training on a pokemon? How do I know that my pokemon are gaining EV's after a battle?

Some help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Basically, when you beat a Pokemon, you get an EV based on its strongest stat; for example, if you beat a Zigzagoon, you get 1 Speed EV.

It's best to EV train a Pokemon as soon as you obtain it it, at any level, regardless if you caught it in the wild or if you hatched it from an egg. You won't know if a Pokemon gains EVs right away; you'll know when it levels up and you see a huge increase in the stat you're training at. Since the summary screen doesn't show the Pokemon's EVs, you'll have to keep track of them yourself.

There's a girl in Slateport City who'll tell you if your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out or not. If they are, you'll get the Effort Ribbon.

You stop if your Pokemon gains 510 EVs.

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml Here's a list of the places in the Gen III games where you can EV train.

  #1320    
Old April 13th, 2011, 03:51 AM
SpeedzSterzz's Avatar
SpeedzSterzz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
Basically, when you beat a Pokemon, you get an EV based on its strongest stat; for example, if you beat a Zigzagoon, you get 1 Speed EV.

It's best to EV train a Pokemon as soon as you obtain it it, at any level, regardless if you caught it in the wild or if you hatched it from an egg. You won't know if a Pokemon gains EVs right away; you'll know when it levels up and you see a huge increase in the stat you're training at. Since the summary screen doesn't show the Pokemon's EVs, you'll have to keep track of them yourself.

There's a girl in Slateport City who'll tell you if your Pokemon's EVs are maxed out or not. If they are, you'll get the Effort Ribbon.

You stop if your Pokemon gains 510 EVs.


http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml Here's a list of the places in the Gen III games where you can EV train.
Thanks mate, I really appreciate the feedback.
  #1321    
Old April 14th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Liquid Halo's Avatar
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Age: 27
Gender: Female
Nature: Lonely
Hi PC
So I have started a Leaf Green ROM file, and all my pokemon have poor defense so I want to gameshark some iron into the mart. Does anyone have a working gameshark code for buying any item in a mart?

I have already googled, and only one place I found has one, suoercheats, but it doesn't work.
I used to be Tears in the Rain
actual join date: Nov 2009
"This is not a gift! It's an infection, a disease!"

My screenshot album
http://pinterest.com/darknesswithin/pokemon-games/
  #1322    
Old April 16th, 2011, 12:19 AM
jamsoolee
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Hey guys!
I've played Pokemon for years and just now decided to get back on it.
For some reason it just got hella popular among high schoolers in my area.
Anyways, my normal lineup:
- Charizard: Flamethrower, Rock slide, Metal Claw, Wing Attack
- Pidgeot: Ariel Ace, Fly, Wing Attack, Steel Wing
- Garydos: Dragon Rage, Surf, Water Pulse, Bite
- Nidoking: Surf, Strength, Counter, Poison Sting
- Alakazam: Psychic, Psybeam, Future Sight, Shockwave
- Jolteon (Just evolved): Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Helping Hand, etc...

Anything I should change?
I was thinking about putting in Lapras...
  #1323    
Old April 16th, 2011, 01:25 AM
Perrie ✿'s Avatar
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Halo View Post
Hi PC
So I have started a Leaf Green ROM file, and all my pokemon have poor defense so I want to gameshark some iron into the mart. Does anyone have a working gameshark code for buying any item in a mart?

I have already googled, and only one place I found has one, suoercheats, but it doesn't work.
Were not aloud to give out AR codes here, your best bet is to just Google it. \:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsoolee View Post
Hey guys!
I've played Pokemon for years and just now decided to get back on it.
For some reason it just got hella popular among high schoolers in my area.
Anyways, my normal lineup:
- Charizard: Flamethrower, Rock slide, Metal Claw, Wing Attack
- Pidgeot: Ariel Ace, Fly, Wing Attack, Steel Wing
- Garydos: Dragon Rage, Surf, Water Pulse, Bite
- Nidoking: Surf, Strength, Counter, Poison Sting
- Alakazam: Psychic, Psybeam, Future Sight, Shockwave
- Jolteon (Just evolved): Quick Attack, Sand-Attack, Helping Hand, etc...

Anything I should change?
I was thinking about putting in Lapras...
Your team seems pretty balanced, but Gyarados does get shafted a bit since most of his moves are special, so his amazing attack can't take advantage of it. I'd switch for Lapras If I were you.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
  #1324    
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:39 AM
jamsoolee
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post


Were not aloud to give out AR codes here, your best bet is to just Google it. \:



Your team seems pretty balanced, but Gyarados does get shafted a bit since most of his moves are special, so his amazing attack can't take advantage of it. I'd switch for Lapras If I were you.
Thanks for the advice!
So I switched Lapras in for Gyarados.
I'm also thinking about these switches...
Pidgeot for Aerodactyl and Jolteon for Arcanine.
I'd be losing my only electric type.
Or Dragonite... Who is a pain to train.

Current:
Charizard
Nidoking
Pidgeot
Lapras
Alakazam
Jolteon

Thinking about:
Charizard
Nidoking
Aerodactyl
Lapras
Alakazam
Arcanine

Last edited by jamsoolee; April 16th, 2011 at 12:00 PM.
  #1325    
Old April 16th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Perrie ✿'s Avatar
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: England
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamsoolee View Post
Thanks for the advice!
So I switched Lapras in for Gyarados.
I'm also thinking about these switches...
Pidgeot for Aerodactyl and Jolteon for Arcanine.
I'd be losing my only electric type.
Or Dragonite... Who is a pain to train.

Current:
Charizard
Nidoking
Pidgeot
Lapras
Alakazam
Jolteon

Thinking about:
Charizard
Nidoking
Aerodactyl
Lapras
Alakazam
Arcanine
Your newer team is actually a lot better than the original, since Lapras can learn Thunderbolt and Thunder, it's not losing much, however, I do think that Arcanine can be done without, maybe replace for a Grass type? Vileplume, Victreebel etc, it'll give you more coverage.
✿ trade thread✿
1349 6159 4149
Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 01:33 AM.

About Us
© 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com. Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.

Copyright
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com. PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator. Header artwork by Jordanice of deviantART.

Social Media
If you would like to stay up-to-date with us on the go, when we're down, or other such things, follow us on social media sites--most notibly Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus--by clicking on the links provided.

Design presented by Peitharchia. Special thanks to Hiroshi Sotomura and Ausaudriel.