Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets
Notices

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

Old March 31st, 2011, 01:48 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
My Subway team is a Tyranitar, Exedrill combo. I'm having trouble with finding a third man. Exedrill is amazing but the shared weaknesses with Ttar are killing me. What is the best third man for this combo? Needs to hit Water type, Dragon Type, and idealy resist Earthquake.

Garchomp was strong but the shared weaknesses were too much. Reuniclus is preety good, but I'm not 100% on the moveset. I need a third man that can KO water and dragon pokemon.

Tyranitar@ Lum Berry
Adamant - 252 atk, 252 speed
Crunch
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Fire Punch

Exedrill@ Air Balloon (to swich in to EQs aimed at Ttar)
Adamant
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Sword Dance
Rapid Spin

Reuniclus @ Toxic Orb
Bashfull 252 Hp, 252 SpDef
Psychic
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Recover
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:37 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
(note: Garchomp doesn't share a weakness with either Tyranitar or Excadrill - it still has difficulty beating things that beat those two, though)

I'd suggest Virizion as your potential partner. While it does lack a bit as far as physical defense (meaning you can't really switch it in on Earthquakes all the time), it's very fast and gets decent coverage with its moves. At the very least, it smacks the two types of Pokemon you want gone.

Virizion @ Life Orb/Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~ Giga Drain
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Calm Mind

If you can't RNG for Hidden Power or soft-reset or simply search the forums for one, then you might have to run something like Haxorus - it smacks everything really hard with its Outrage (even steel-types), though it is outsped by Salamence, Flygon, Garchomp, Lati@s (though I don't think they're allowed but idk) and Hydreigon. You could possibly run a Choice Scarf Haxorus if you would want. However, Outrage hits so hard that it can 3HKO Ferrothorn counting Leech Seed recovery (with Choice Band) - which is an amazing feat.
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here