The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:55 PM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
VERSION 1.3.1 RELEASE (25/03/2011)

Mediafire Download

This version has all of the previous errors corrected, including no sound, no windowskins and no ability to save xD

In other words, fully functional (AT LONG LAST. PERIOD.) xD
Old March 30th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Echidna
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
genious work..loving the graphics and the storyline, and the fact that gym badges and elite four are not obligatory for the stoyline, oh and sweaaatttt fakemon dude !!!

gd luck on this
i'm definately visiting again...

Old March 31st, 2011, 07:42 AM
PaulUrchin
Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.

Nature: Bold
Hmm, nice work, but i'm getting problems with the battles, whenever My beloved... Psychic thing, takes damage the game crashes with this error message:

Script 'PBDebug' line 24; Errno::ENOENT occurred.

No such file of directory - Data/debuglog.txt

-

So err... is this a known issue?
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:43 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEDRO12 View Post
genious work..loving the graphics and the storyline, and the fact that gym badges and elite four are not obligatory for the stoyline, oh and sweaaatttt fakemon dude !!!

gd luck on this
i'm definately visiting again...
Thanks a lot! I thought it was time we broke the mold, so in order to complete the storyline, you don't need to defeat the gyms at all. Of course, if you want to fight the E4 after the main story, you'll need to defeat either Gyms or Colosseums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUrchin View Post
Hmm, nice work, but i'm getting problems with the battles, whenever My beloved... Psychic thing, takes damage the game crashes with this error message:

Script 'PBDebug' line 24; Errno::ENOENT occurred.

No such file of directory - Data/debuglog.txt

-

So err... is this a known issue?
[Un]fortunately, it is. I'm working on fixes for this; I would recommend you to try the first demo out meanwhile, since the new new one only has simple graphic updates.
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:31 AM
PaulUrchin

hmm maybe I could mess about with the files if the first one works?

I'm thinking it just crashes cuz there ain't a debug.txt file, but I could (and probably am) wrong.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 04:49 AM
Onmi
Unhatched Egg

Okay so I open up 1.3.1, get my first pokemon, head out to battle and fight a wild Fakemon, no problems so far. Fight a Pidgey and the game crashes.

Going to reboot and see if turning off Battle animations helps

EDIT: And I'm fairly sure I took damage in the first battle.

Error the Second, related to this PC only. the game doesn't save. I mean it does save and displays the save message but exiting and entering doesn't change the fact there is no save file.

I originally thought it was because of the crash, and Switched it off after getting the starter, but it didn't take. However on my netbook (where the former error occurs, but not the latter. However it's slow as ****) it saves fine.

Last edited by Onmi; April 2nd, 2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 05:18 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
hmm maybe I could mess about with the files if the first one works?

I'm thinking it just crashes cuz there ain't a debug.txt file, but I could (and probably am) wrong.
Thing is, there IS a debug.txt in the folder, but for some reason, encrypting the data messes it all up. I'm going to try and see if I can do something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onmi View Post
Okay so I open up 1.3.1, get my first pokemon, head out to battle and fight a wild Fakemon, no problems so far. Fight a Pidgey and the game crashes.

Going to reboot and see if turning off Battle animations helps

EDIT: And I'm fairly sure I took damage in the first battle.

Error the Second, related to this PC only. the game doesn't save. I mean it does save and displays the save message but exiting and entering doesn't change the fact there is no save file.

I originally thought it was because of the crash, and Switched it off after getting the starter, but it didn't take. However on my netbook (where the former error occurs, but not the latter. However it's slow as ****) it saves fine.
As I thought, there're incompatibility errors depending on what you're using. I'm trying to get this fixed. Try version 1.0 and see if the same happens, since it was the one that reported the least incompatibility. Thanks for reporting in.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 05:53 AM
PaulUrchin

If combat in the first version works, (Still to try V1) then, couldn't I just move the debugtxt from V1 to V3?

I'll give it a shot and see what happens...

EDIT: V1 combat doesn't function either I'm afraid.

Last edited by PaulUrchin; April 2nd, 2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 06:26 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
If combat in the first version works, (Still to try V1) then, couldn't I just move the debugtxt from V1 to V3?

I'll give it a shot and see what happens...

EDIT: V1 combat doesn't function either I'm afraid.
It's incompatibility, then, because it works perfectly for some people (someone's even done a Let's Play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boAHDxp6eN8), while for others it doesn't.

I'm probably going to change from Essentials to another one soon anyways, so I'll be sure to see it so that these incompatibility errors don't happen again.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 08:58 AM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Okay, D. Lawride, I had a similar problem. It comes up enoent or whateever it was when playing the actual game (not debug mode) during situations when the file its referring to is out of date.

I had a problem earlier with it having the same problem with 'trainers.dat' for me. When I looked it up, the fix was simple as downloading the latest essentials and replacing the file with the new version.

Maybe custom scripts could be making it not work, but otherwise that should fix it, unless I'm really overlooking something.

Old April 2nd, 2011, 09:20 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx_theo View Post
Okay, D. Lawride, I had a similar problem. It comes up enoent or whateever it was when playing the actual game (not debug mode) during situations when the file its referring to is out of date.

I had a problem earlier with it having the same problem with 'trainers.dat' for me. When I looked it up, the fix was simple as downloading the latest essentials and replacing the file with the new version.

Maybe custom scripts could be making it not work, but otherwise that should fix it, unless I'm really overlooking something.
Hm, the enoent part is the one referring to the battles. So you mean that downloading the latest version Essentials and replacing a file is the solution, but what file do you mean? debuglog.txt or something else?

As for custom scripts, I don't have any, so I think that's ruled out.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 10:20 AM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Its what fixed the problem for me, but if the difference between the errors proves to make yours not fixed by it, I would suggest upgrading.

Old April 3rd, 2011, 04:09 AM
mantle101
Oh, It's The Great Ape o_O

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mantle101
My game crashed after the first battle with Raina D:
Old April 3rd, 2011, 04:20 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by lx_theo View Post
Its what fixed the problem for me, but if the difference between the errors proves to make yours not fixed by it, I would suggest upgrading.
Yup, which is probably going to be my next step.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantle101 View Post
My game crashed after the first battle with Raina D:
Unfortunately, I'm aware D:

There seems to be some kind of incompatibility error going on with Essentials, because it works for some people, and for others, it doesn't.

I'm already working on a fix for this.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 06:07 PM
oldsnake90
Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze

Send a message via Skype™ to oldsnake90
Looks good. Graphics look good keep it up!

Pokemon Glacial Freeze Project on Facebook
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnake90 View Post
Looks good. Graphics look good keep it up!
Thanks!

So, after a while without updates, I decided to drop by and prove we're still up and running by putting up a couple of maps I recently redid as an attempt to make them look better and make more sense:

Route 233

Vagalume Town

As you might have guessed by now, the two maps fit with each other.

I'm working on other stuff too, such as the errors in the recent demo(s).
Old April 18th, 2011, 04:41 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Your mapping looks really nice, i think
Old April 18th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
I'm impressed with the mapping and the work overall...Nice!

I'd like to point out that the top-right corner of Vagalume Town and the bottom-right corner of Route 233 don't exactly correspond to each other very well. Past the mountain land mass, the maps are pretty much different. I don't think it'll matter so much if the camera doesn't really hit on them, so I don't think anyone would notice unless they saw screenshots like this side-by-side. xD

Again, keep up the good work...!
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:38 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
Your mapping looks really nice, i think
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrodkirby86 View Post
I'm impressed with the mapping and the work overall...Nice!

I'd like to point out that the top-right corner of Vagalume Town and the bottom-right corner of Route 233 don't exactly correspond to each other very well. Past the mountain land mass, the maps are pretty much different. I don't think it'll matter so much if the camera doesn't really hit on them, so I don't think anyone would notice unless they saw screenshots like this side-by-side. xD

Again, keep up the good work...!
Holy snap, it doesn't D:

<.<
>.>

...delete your comment so nobody sees that. jk

But you're right, nonetheless; I'll get to fixing that sometime, since it's not really a big thing. xD

Thanks a lot!
Old May 2nd, 2011, 01:33 PM
D. Lawride

So, since it's been a while since I've put anything up, I'll leave two videos for everyone who's interested in seeing some progress:

Video 1

Video 2

Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:08 AM
Quaresma.pl
Togepi

Nice video,graphic but we sow your pokemon on 21 lvl and he has just 3 atacks? how it's possible? xD

Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:45 AM
MilesG170
Team Enigma Founder

I am in love with these maps. They are so vibrant and awesome. Great tiles as well. Everything seems to connect so well. Good job.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:30 PM
PokemonTrainerd
Trainerd

I was reading through the main post and i was like "oh this looks pretty cool" and then BAM, right there: "Sird" And I just jizzed in my pants. I LOVE SIRD. I hope she has a large role

deviantart - twitter
Old May 4th, 2011, 09:47 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaresma.pl View Post
Nice video,graphic but we sow your pokemon on 21 lvl and he has just 3 atacks? how it's possible? xD
Hum, let's just say I did some cheating... xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesG170 View Post
I am in love with these maps. They are so vibrant and awesome. Great tiles as well. Everything seems to connect so well. Good job.
Thanks a lot! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokemonTrainerd View Post
I was reading through the main post and i was like "oh this looks pretty cool" and then BAM, right there: "Sird" And I just jizzed in my pants. I LOVE SIRD. I hope she has a large role
Oh, you bet she does xD
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:32 PM
DarkDoom3000
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
No HMs?

Thank god. HMs are such a limiting and archaic mechanic.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here