The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design > Competitions

Notices

Competitions My pixels are better than yours.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 18th, 2010, 03:46 AM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

I am very much happy with this weeks outcome alright :]
Voting starts tomorrow, I shall post a thread most likely tonight though as I won't be around much tomorrow, and I'll start next week's SotW also which will be theme based which will render me unable to enter. At any rate, Deva needs to post a stock, I did VM them but seems they haven't been online.

About stocks though guys, make sure you upload them some place where they'll be visible to all that can see them, notably www.tinypic.com as for me personally, I can never see renders which are linked at planet render even though I'm a member there. But in the one case where that happend this week, they vm'd me the stock. So yeah, just watch out for that one guys.

/dissapears
Old June 18th, 2010, 04:06 AM
moments.
{quixotic}
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Yay for voting. Someone be the tenth entry. DO IT!

Old June 20th, 2010, 11:17 AM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Sorry guys, I wasn't around yesterday, the voting thread shall be up momentarily along with this week's theme.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Dukey
oh.my.gaskarth.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dukey Send a message via Skype™ to Dukey
Hey guys, some of you have probably noticed I've been pretty inactive around here lately.

I don't want to announce a leave or anything because I'll still venture to pc every now and again, but right now it's just not entertaining me so I'm probably not going to be here much.

So anyway, I'm gonna pass the icontest over, to anyone really, not the first in best dressed. Y'all should discuss who you think would do a good job.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:33 PM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Well I wouldn't mind taking it over. I already run SotW though so it wouldn't be too fair. So I guess, if there's no takers, I wouldn't mind hosting it. Otherwise someone claaaaim :]
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
It's times like these where I would've loved to have a DSLR. We're not allowed to blur a background to add depth of field if our camera is only digital? ._. Damn what a disadvantage! If we're allowed to change the levels, why would adding depth of field be bad?
Do you mean no splicing stuff together?

I feel like anything should be allowed. If it's done tastefully.. why not? Why not be able to super-impose things together? If Man Ray could do it.. why can't we? If I take a photo of the sky, and someone looking like they're lying on a cloud.. why not? If someone truly has an artistic eye.. it can make or break the photo.

My two cents. lol.. I guess you can't have my two cents without a complaint in there.

Either way, I'm actually gonna try for this! But I'm totally going to take it with my Palm-Pre (phone) to give myself an artistic challenge >DDDD
Old September 19th, 2010, 01:54 AM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
It's times like these where I would've loved to have a DSLR. We're not allowed to blur a background to add depth of field if our camera is only digital? ._. Damn what a disadvantage! If we're allowed to change the levels, why would adding depth of field be bad?
Do you mean no splicing stuff together?

I feel like anything should be allowed. If it's done tastefully.. why not? Why not be able to super-impose things together? If Man Ray could do it.. why can't we? If I take a photo of the sky, and someone looking like they're lying on a cloud.. why not? If someone truly has an artistic eye.. it can make or break the photo.

My two cents. lol.. I guess you can't have my two cents without a complaint in there.

Either way, I'm actually gonna try for this! But I'm totally going to take it with my Palm-Pre (phone) to give myself an artistic challenge >DDDD
If you edit it with levels and the likes, that's legal. But, this is a Photography contest, not a graphics contest, so it boils down to that. So long as you just keep it looking natural there's no way we can tell but, don't go wild on editing.

Moved your post on into the Q/A
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:58 PM
moments.
{quixotic}
Community Supporter Tier 5

This weeks SoTW better get me back into graphics, I haven't done anything in ages... See if I can dig up my knack for abstract tags.

Old September 20th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Ayselipera

Okay so about the "Sky's the limit" photography contest... when is the absolute last day you can enter a photo?

Sorry if I missed it. :/
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:16 PM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Two weeks from the posting date. So that's what, 11 or 12 days still? Not sure, but you have plenty of time.
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:54 PM
Gummy
by fire be P U R G E D
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Naughty
And so it begins.

I haven't touched Photoshop in ages. That icon took a lot longer than it should due to me having to pretty much reteach myself. D:

Monotype Fire Challenge
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:22 PM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Any objections to holding off SOTW for a few weeks? I'm seeing a total downfall in activity when it comes to it, so I'm thinking I should just let it take a break. IOTW will continue as normal however.
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:04 AM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Good luck to everyone :3
Stunning pictures you guys!
Old November 21st, 2010, 02:52 PM
Silver
Kyle

Damnit Fabio, that's what I was going to do for this. XD Now I have to think of something else. Also I love that shot.
Old November 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver View Post
Damnit Fabio, that's what I was going to do for this. XD Now I have to think of something else. Also I love that shot.
Haha, no reason you can't do something like it, unless it is exactly the same thing, then it is a bit strange. Haha.Loads of different types of pictures you can do with that light stream style.

And thank you :3. I look forward to seeing your entry.
Old November 21st, 2010, 03:50 PM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Guys, seriously, the PotF thread is for entries, this thread is for discussion. So in future, post here please. Furthermore, Fabio, this is the second post of yours today I've put in here so be more vigilant in future. Thanks guys.
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:36 PM
mzmingle
Okay What?...

Nature: Relaxed
i'll enter, but the only thing i don't understand on these is the pixel limit. how do i know if it is 100x100?
Old March 4th, 2011, 11:44 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
@above
I guess ure using paint?..
image - attributes - 100 x 100
if its photoshop/gimp
file - new - put in your image size. not too hard.

Ill try to enter, cant wait

reserved post

Old March 5th, 2011, 02:50 AM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Guys, I moved your posts in here since this thread is for discussion, questions and answers. The threads are there for you to put your entries in. This thread serves all other purposes.
Old April 5th, 2011, 12:29 AM
mzmingle
Okay What?...

i am using MS paint soo....
any help?

also, are there any threads about making icons?
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Anastasia.R
Time Gear Thief

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Anastasia.R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia.R
Posted the new Icontest up.

Sorry it took so long, I didn't know it just wasn't being post while my laptop is getting fixed. It's not completely finished, and I am very sorry for the long wait, everyone. -..-;

I'm also getting #39 IOTW poll up, so, stay tuned for that!
Old April 19th, 2011, 03:02 AM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzmingle View Post
i am using MS paint soo....
any help?

also, are there any threads about making icons?
I would advise getting either GIMP or Photoshop, then learning a bit more about what goes into icons. So google some tutorials on improving images and using the programs you download. I will have a look for some icon tutorials, take a look on Deviant Art. Here is a tutorial I made.

I would also like to note that I have opened the new IotW, which you may find here, this week's theme is Celebrity. However, SotW is going to be on hold until the activity in G&P rises again, or at least in the summer as very few people have been entering. Also note that I have added some rules to IotW, so take a look at them. Have fun guys!
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:30 AM
Arlen
I heart ROBOT

Nature: Adamant
I'm sad about SOTW going down the drain

Though I never imagined it to get this far (I was the one who created it on my old account /Circa)

I'm glad that it sparked so many other competitions though and that it really livened this section up ;D

Did anyone ever continue any Hall of Fames or Winners?
Old April 25th, 2011, 10:11 AM
abnegation
adventure
Community Supporter

There was one. Though I think it would be a nice idea to start a new one, which I think I might do actually.
Old April 30th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Decypher
Craig Marshall

I think restarting the SOTW would be a really good idea, I used to enjoy taking part in it.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links