The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2011, 06:27 AM
PokemonHacks4VBA
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Oh yes.. This hack looks VERY promising.. If you need a beta tester ill join the team
Pizza delivery -> AWESOME
Any fakemon?

Last edited by Black Mage; March 26th, 2011 at 07:44 AM. Reason: No asking for release dates
Old March 26th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest

Bird Catching Contest

So this is like the bug catching contest from G/S/C, but with birds instead. Ignore the master ball in the video; it was only for test purposes. And ignore the tile errors as I've fixed them all. :3

The wild Pokémon encounter ratio is the same as it is for any route. This is a timed event so you won't be able to participate whenever you want. And I'm not going to reveal where this is, but this will be available in the beta.

As for prize-winning Pokémon:
First prize - farfetch'd
Second prize - natu
Third prize - fearow/noctowl/pidgeotto

I'm not going to spoil what the prizes are so you'll just have to be happy or disappointed when you receive them. :3
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
I've been watching the progress since you've announced this game, and it is a very decent game. I am very much anticipating Beta 1's release. Good luck to you!
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Poster
Will pixel art for pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokepal17 View Post

Bird Catching Contest

So this is like the bug catching contest from G/S/C, but with birds instead. Ignore the master ball in the video; it was only for test purposes. And ignore the tile errors as I've fixed them all. :3

The wild Pokémon encounter ratio is the same as it is for any route. This is a timed event so you won't be able to participate whenever you want. And I'm not going to reveal where this is, but this will be available in the beta.

As for prize-winning Pokémon:
First prize - farfetch'd
Second prize - natu
Third prize - fearow/noctowl/pidgeotto

I'm not going to spoil what the prizes are so you'll just have to be happy or disappointed when you receive them. :3
This is WICKED. Even though you can't raise my interest any more, for a moment I think you did. Great job buddy! Also, farfetch'd deserves some love. And you gave it love. Woosome. I'm so eager to play it! ;D
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poster View Post
This is WICKED. Even though you can't raise my interest any more, for a moment I think you did. Great job buddy! Also, farfetch'd deserves some love. And you gave it love. Woosome. I'm so eager to play it! ;D
Thank you. :3
Farfetch'd FTW!

Nina's Event

This is an optional event in the upcoming beta (but mandatory in the beta after). You have to help Nina return to her human form. And it isn't as simple as it is with Bill in FR. :3

Fossil Reviving

After the Team Rocket event is cleared in Spring Town, you can talk to this guy to revive any fossils you have. Unlike the other games though, you can't just walk out of the room and he'll have finished. This time, the revival will take time. :3
Pick a berry and you'll have you wait even longer. <:
Old March 28th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
With each update I love this more and more! I'm super stoked for the next release! I'm especially excited about the bird catching contest, something I wish I had thought of first =/
Old March 29th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
With each update I love this more and more! I'm super stoked for the next release! I'm especially excited about the bird catching contest, something I wish I had thought of first =/
Thanks.
I'm hoping to get the beta released on the weekend as I'm now starting beta testing. :3
Old March 29th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Looks really good (and intresting!) I'll download this tomorrow and try it out, nice job ;D

Old April 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

New Hero

Yeah, I tried to do some spriting and came out with this. :3
I hope it looks okay as I had a bad headache and should have been resting so I hope I didn't go through all that pain for nothing. :3
Old April 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
I like the OW, now I'm curious as to what the in-game sprite looks like. Also do you have an OW/concept for the heroine?
Old April 3rd, 2011, 12:47 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
I like the OW, now I'm curious as to what the in-game sprite looks like. Also do you have an OW/concept for the heroine?
I'm wondering what the in-game sprite looks like too. :3
Too bad I won't find out until a later beta. lol

Heroine

This wasn't what I had planned, but I like the way it came out. She's smaller than most teenage/adult npcs, but that's because she's a little younger than the hero. While the hero is on his journey because he wants to be, she's on battling gyms and stuff to prove she's not just a little kid. :3

Oh, btw, I'm delaying the beta because I have one last feature to implement. How long it takes though, I don't know. :3

Last edited by Pokepal17; April 3rd, 2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old April 5th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Barker
I'm drifting in deep waters..

Nature: Quiet
I really hope this isn't too general of a comment under the "rules of commenting", but everything looks amazing, and I'm really impressed at how professionally it's presented.
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Crimson5M
Please call me Crimson
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quiet
Delayed? Delayed?
My life has no meaning anymore.
Seriously though, this hack just gets better and better every time I see it. All of the little side-quests and stuff seem really amazing and inventive.
Looks like I might have to play this. And I rarely play many hacks.

Because it should've won HotY.
Pear
Frodo Baggins
Twitter
Youtube
CBC
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireworks View Post
Delayed? Delayed?
My life has no meaning anymore.
Seriously though, this hack just gets better and better every time I see it. All of the little side-quests and stuff seem really amazing and inventive.
Looks like I might have to play this. And I rarely play many hacks.
Yush, delayed. This new thingy's main script is almost complete (over 400 lines too), but I still need to map it and put in all the other necessary scripts.

I have to study for two tests today, but I have Friday off so if all goes well, the beta should be released on the weekend. :3
Old April 6th, 2011, 05:06 PM
aasherknight
W/E

I really hope that should I chose to make another hack, after my "remake" of blue, it could be on a team with you! This looks amazing can't wait for the Beta.
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Chiar

Congrats on HOTM! You really deserved it! [/delay]
Well, I don't have to say anything more. This hack is just perfect.
Everytime I see more updates, I get a happiness and impatience attack. Seriously can't wait to play the beta!
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:00 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiar View Post
Congrats on HOTM! You really deserved it! [/delay]
Well, I don't have to say anything more. This hack is just perfect.
Everytime I see more updates, I get a happiness and impatience attack. Seriously can't wait to play the beta!
Thanks.
Oh, and for those who want to know, this special, upcoming feature just needs to have a few scripts put in place, have a map done, be tested, and then the beta will be released. :3
This feature will not disappoint. <:
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:46 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

The Thingy in the Spoiler

Spoiler:

Just because I spent a day week working on this, I'm going to make this sound like an epic thing, even though it's not. I've had to remake this three times for the beta so I'm very surprised that I haven't gone bald from stress.

Now on to the actual thing. This time, there are two factors that limit how long you can play for. One is the strength of the tool you use. The other is the time limit. If you move about and not hit anything after hitting a load of stuff, there should be a recovery in the tool's strength. However, moving about only means that you're running out of even more time.

Every prize has an item graphic. :3
The stuff you can find it split into three categories: common, rare, and OMG FOSSIL!!!!!!!11111????????111111
All fossils can be revived by the guy in Spring Town. Obviously, the fossils are going to be a lot harder to find, but because I'm statistically challenged, that may not prove to be. >:

If this post sound dumb in anyway, it's because it's almost 1am, and I need some serious sleep. >:

Oh, and yeah, you get to control the tile you want to hit instead of the player. I really didn't want to make custom overworlds for this.
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Quote:

The Thingy in the Spoiler

Spoiler:

Just because I spent a day week working on this, I'm going to make this sound like an epic thing, even though it's not. I've had to remake this three times for the beta so I'm very surprised that I haven't gone bald from stress.

Now on to the actual thing. This time, there are two factors that limit how long you can play for. One is the strength of the tool you use. The other is the time limit. If you move about and not hit anything after hitting a load of stuff, there should be a recovery in the tool's strength. However, moving about only means that you're running out of even more time.

Every prize has an item graphic. :3
The stuff you can find it split into three categories: common, rare, and OMG FOSSIL!!!!!!!11111????????111111
All fossils can be revived by the guy in Spring Town. Obviously, the fossils are going to be a lot harder to find, but because I'm statistically challenged, that may not prove to be. >:

If this post sound dumb in anyway, it's because it's almost 1am, and I need some serious sleep. >:

Oh, and yeah, you get to control the tile you want to hit instead of the player. I really didn't want to make custom overworlds for this.
This looks cool..even though you posted at 1 am, i does not sound dumb..xD
This is the first time i view this hack thread..lol
The mining thing is a good one for side games when nothing to do..haha
anyway congrats on the HotM,
i will view the other info on this hack and give a more detail comment later on.

Old April 8th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
Too awesome
What happens when the Hiker lends the Hammer to someone else?
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Too awesome
What happens when the Hiker lends the Hammer to someone else?
Basically, it just means that you have to wait a while before you can play again. like every fun thing in the game
Old April 9th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Quote:
Basically, it just means that you have to wait a while before you can play again. like every fun thing in the game
Ah... How much time is that?
Old April 9th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Shadowbane92
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
This looks pretty good. The story is definitely one of the best i've seen. I'll download it and tell you what I think.

"Stranger, go tell the Spartans
That we lie here
True, even to the death
To our Spartan way of life."
J Rufus Fears' translation of the Epitaph of Simonides

My Challenges:

-- Blue -8/8, 5/5- -- Crystal -6/16, 0/5- -- Ruby - 0/8, 0/5 - --
--Platinum -0/8, 0/5- -- Black - 0/8, 0/5- --

Ultimate Solo Challenge: Houndoom
Fire Red -- Liquid Crystal -- Emerald -- Diamond -- Black
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Dragon Type
Fire Red -- Liquid Crystal -- Sapphire -- Platinum -- Black
Trio-Species Challenge: Glaceon, Empoleon and Garchomp
Diamond
The Favorite Challenge V.2:
Black

The Nuzlocke Challenge:
Ruby

Completed Challenges:
Leaf Green Solo Challenge - Tiburon (Walrein)
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Sunlight View Post
Ah... How much time is that?
The same amount of time things take in Shiny Gold, Liquid Crystal, and Fire Red. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowbane92 View Post
This looks pretty good. The story is definitely one of the best i've seen. I'll download it and tell you what I think.
Thanks. :3

Azure Foothill... Again

Well, I'm never content with my mapping so I'm going to be remapping stuff before the beta comes out. :>
Here's the new Azure Foothill. :3
Old April 9th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Quote:
The same amount of time things take in Shiny Gold, Liquid Crystal, and Fire Red. :3
But how much time is that...? XD

Sponsored Links