The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 27th, 2011, 01:44 PM
SV
It was justified

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I honestly can't wait to try this, it seems like a good one.
Old March 27th, 2011, 04:43 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert View Post
I mean.if you insert a new tree,insert everything you would want in that pal.
(trees,grass,flowers,that kinda stuff)
Easer said then done, but if you feel you can prove me wrong. I can email you my hack(for your eyes only) To see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
Are those seashells from Link's Awakening? Ah, memories...

Overall, I like the tile choices. Usually when people try to use a combination of FR/LG tiles and custom tiles, the clash in style is very apparent but you make it look good. Keep up the good work.
Well as a legend of zelda addict lots of my tiles came from their series. Thank you very much, your compliments way heavily. I will continue to try my best, and create a hack worthy of all of your compliments. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri-tje View Post
This really sounds cool!

If it's a Fire Red hack will it be playable on the VBA?
Or will it only be for the DS Emulators
(I hate those things and can never get them to be fast)
Um, It's a GBA hack, so yes it would be playable on VBA (A GBA emulator) Or any other software that plays GBA Games.
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:33 AM
r0bert
Quitifyingly awesome.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
Easer said then done, but if you feel you can prove me wrong. I can email you my hack(for your eyes only) To see what I mean.

Well as a legend of zelda addict lots of my tiles came from their series. Thank you very much, your compliments way heavily. I will continue to try my best, and create a hack worthy of all of your compliments. :D

Um, It's a GBA hack, so yes it would be playable on VBA (A GBA emulator) Or any other software that plays GBA Games.
I'll prove you wrong.That's what I do. [email protected]
also:ZELDA RULEZ!!!!
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:58 AM
zZJoennZz
What da!?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to zZJoennZz
The story is interesting and I would like to play this game if this outs.

And about the textbox, the content look bit dark, I mean th backgorund and the tiles was good and very well with FR/LG default tiles.

...mehehehe
Old March 28th, 2011, 10:20 AM
E.C.

Nature: Bold
Quote:

i noticed that you had some zelda tiles on your hack, and since you say that you are a zelda addict, i posted a whole tileset of zelda tiles on the rom hacking resources thread...i'm just letting you know..
Old March 28th, 2011, 11:50 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
I rip my own tiles or I use sprite-resorces. But I will check it out, thanks for the sugestion.
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:07 PM
More4Life
Advanced Mapper

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to More4Life
Awesome graphics! The story is also really well done, can't wait to play this!

Comming soon to PokemonCommunity. Please stay tuned!
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:11 PM
BringYourOwnKites
Seriously. These are mine.

Nature: Calm
This looks pretty awesome. Nice job!
Old March 30th, 2011, 02:20 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
I really love the sand grass with the shadow under it.
Old March 30th, 2011, 03:32 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Thanks, the shadow for the grass is the leftovers from the shadow's of the beach umbrella. =D
Old April 9th, 2011, 05:40 PM
DreadWaffle
LOVE AND PEACE!

LOVE AND PEACE

are we allowed to see stated fakemon that are not showin up?
Old April 9th, 2011, 06:43 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nope, I sprited them myself there for, I got the basic concept down, but they are not professional enough to be inserted into my hack. This hack really can use a talented spriter (chibi robo I'm looking at you.) When this hack get a talented hacker then we will fix the fakemon, and post them.

UPDATE:
It's been a while since I added screenshots, so I thought I would update my hack, and show my followers that this hack is constantly being worked on.

This screenshot shows you, where you obtain your starter pokemon. It also indicates that you would have more then the normal 3 choices. I have chosen to allow the player a choice of 12 starter pokemon (Every starter from Gens 1-4).

Showing off the stage I made.

This screen shot was taken to show that you name your rival in game.
Credit: Jambo

This is the new bridge I have been working on. It is appose to be a huge bridge made of brick. This is just a small section of the bridge that I completed, there is more screens to come from the bridge.

Also a big shot out, and thanks to Diegoisawsome, for his 3 layer hack. These latest screenshots would not have been possible without that hack. So please check out his hack too; it is very well done. I beta tested it myself, and the new beta is at the 3rd gym.
Old April 10th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Quote:
Nope, I sprited them myself there for, I got the basic concept down, but they are not professional enough to be inserted into my hack. This hack really can use a talented spriter (chibi robo I'm looking at you.) When this hack get a talented hacker then we will fix the fakemon, and post them.

UPDATE:
It's been a while since I added screenshots, so I thought I would update my hack, and show my followers that this hack is constantly being worked on.

This screenshot shows you, where you obtain your starter pokemon. It also indicates that you would have more then the normal 3 choices. I have chosen to allow the player a choice of 12 starter pokemon (Every starter from Gens 1-4).

Showing off the stage I made.

This screen shot was taken to show that you name your rival in game.
Credit: Jambo

This is the new bridge I have been working on. It is appose to be a huge bridge made of brick. This is just a small section of the bridge that I completed, there is more screens to come from the bridge.

Also a big shot out, and thanks to Diegoisawsome, for his 3 layer hack. These latest screenshots would not have been possible without that hack. So please check out his hack too; it is very well done. I beta tested it myself, and the new beta is at the 3rd gym.
Nice updates. I was planning to do that too to have all starters from every region available for choosing at the start..haha..
And the bridge look nice, love it, hope i can see abit more of the bridge, want to see how it really looks like.
And what do you mean by Diegoisawsome 3 layers hack? was just curious.

Old April 10th, 2011, 08:00 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Yeah the bridge's arches are my favorite part
You know how a tile has 2 layers. (Bottom and top) in advance map. Well with diego's hack I can now have tiles with 3 layers.
Old April 10th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Charizard06
Beginning Trainer

cool this seems like a great hack, cant wait to play it. i wish u the best of luck on it.
Old April 10th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest

I just wanted to point out that since this is a FR hack, shouldn't the text be coloured?
Otherwise it's pretty obvious that this is a script from a signpost/tile/level script.

Oh, and I notice that you made a custom cave entrance for the mountain. It's really cool, and it blends in perfectly with the Fire Red style. :3
Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Oh, and it's pretty cool that we have a wide range of starters. Since most games only give you a choice of three, if you pick the wrong one, you're screwed. However, there's a lot more choice here, and I love it. :3
Old April 10th, 2011, 06:53 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Thanks pokepal, I usually don't change the text unless to emphasize something. But I will start doing so, and try adding it to other scripts. (It's a Level Script)
Thanks I made the entrance myself.
Yeah I also thought the same thing, I'm glad your in coherence with me. :D
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:33 PM
mkc90
Togepi

How much longer naruto actor? ? Lol I really want to try this hack looks amazing ..hopefully u finish it n make it super hard! !!!!
Old April 10th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Meinfoo
Spelling error? Spelling win!

This is looking really promising! I think I'm going to enjoy playing this if it gets finished. Your custom graphics are really nice and things are looking pretty unique overall. Great work so far and keep going!
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:31 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

I appreciate both your comments. The hack is progressing nicely, and I project to get a lot of work done over spring break. Also if you guys are not aware, Pokemon Light, has been nominated for HOTM. This is my first hack nomination, and I hope it goes well. Lets all root for Light. :D
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:38 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

A question to all hackers. I have been working on my bridge, and I was spriting the rails when I couldn't decide between two styles. So I will like to know from the masses which one looks better.
Type A or

Type B

(I am leaning on type B myself only because it flows better)
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:53 PM
ChaosJester083
You Hack It, I'll Play It

Nature: Lax
The bridge tiles look amazing, the storyline's pretty good, and the hack in general is looking great.
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:55 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Thanks I'm glad to hear that, but you didn't post your choice. xD
Old April 12th, 2011, 01:33 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Type A do looks unique since the rail do changes when going down which really shows the change of direction of the rails..
type B is much better looking yeah i know, but i should agree with A since the concept there is better but you could edit the thing making it look much better..xD

Old April 12th, 2011, 07:09 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Thank you for your opinion, CS; I will take your words into consideration.

I am still waiting to hear form more people, so hackers please post your opinions.

Small Update:
I am showing off my favorite park of the bridge, the arches. Hopefully you'll like them as much as I do. :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here