The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted April 2nd, 2011 (07:57 PM). Edited April 2nd, 2011 by pokemonseablueversion.
pokemonseablueversion
Pokemon Addict

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to pokemonseablueversion Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonseablueversion
Quote:
Originally Posted by desbrina View Post
Teach me to work at night when i'm supposed to be in bed.

New versions of them (with bourndary trees to prevent seeing the black edges)

Pallet Town

Route 1
Well, there's something wrong with the stairs at the edge of the cliff. One block of it is hidden by the trees. You should move it on block to the left, or somewhere except the current position. ^.^
Just helping you out.

Quote:
Teach me to work at night when i'm supposed to be in bed.

New versions of them (with bourndary trees to prevent seeing the black edges)

Pallet Town

Route 1
Pallet Town---
It's great!! An HGSS feel of Pallet Town from Kanto.

Route 01---
Well, there's something wrong with the stairs at the edge of the cliff. One block of it is hidden by the trees. You should move it on block to the left, or somewhere except the current position. ^.^ If you like it that way, disregard this post. ~^.^~

Just helping you out.
Old Posted April 3rd, 2011 (07:56 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Nature: Quiet
Actually, if you look at the original maps for route 1 on hg/ss then you'll see that the two stairs are covered slightly by the trees, which is why they are on mine. Just the slight differences in the posistioning on the tilesets means that they overlap more.

Viridian city is mapped but not evented yet.

The online event systems works, as the new screenshots in the first post show. Am thinking about doing an gts type thing, but not 100% on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemonseablueversion View Post
Nice game, so far.
My only advice is that you should take screenshots when it is daytime.
That way, the screen will look clear.
And, about your doors in the houses, it will be better if you download the door animations. I'll provide an attachment. But, credit Curt's Region Starter Kit for the door animations!

I know i should do screenshots during the day, i just tend to work on it most in the evenings/at night

As for the animated doors, they are animated
Old Posted April 3rd, 2011 (05:20 PM).
pokemonseablueversion
Pokemon Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to pokemonseablueversion Send a message via Skype™ to pokemonseablueversion
Quote:
Actually, if you look at the original maps for route 1 on hg/ss then you'll see that the two stairs are covered slightly by the trees, which is why they are on mine. Just the slight differences in the posistioning on the tilesets means that they overlap more.

Viridian city is mapped but not evented yet.

The online event systems works, as the new screenshots in the first post show. Am thinking about doing an gts type thing, but not 100% on it.

I know i should do screenshots during the day, i just tend to work on it most in the evenings/at night

As for the animated doors, they are animated
Alright. It's your game anyway. If you intend to work on it when it is night, you can just adjust your computer clock and after taking some shots, return it back to normal. Can't wait for the demo!!!! ^.^
Old Posted April 4th, 2011 (04:29 PM).
xCalierz
Don't look, it kills the irony

Nature: Naive
I have but one question.
Why are you a rocket grunt?
Old Posted April 4th, 2011 (11:34 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

It's a placeholder till I get the proper sprites sorted
Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (12:31 PM).
Alexblueblood
Beginning Trainer

This is a great idea!
Hope it get's finished
Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (02:53 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Thanks, i've updated a bit more on the Mystery Gift type system. The two screenshots in the first post reflect this. You may have to refresh to get them to change to the new versions. The delivery man can be found in any PokeCenter. The item the Pichu is carrying in the new screenshot is used later in the game once you beat it
Old Posted April 5th, 2011 (05:29 PM).
pokemonseablueversion
Pokemon Addict

Quote:
Thanks, i've updated a bit more on the Mystery Gift type system. The two screenshots in the first post reflect this. You may have to refresh to get them to change to the new versions. The delivery man can be found in any PokeCenter. The item the Pichu is carrying in the new screenshot is used later in the game once you beat it
Wow! The updated screens look cool! Hope to see more from this game soon!
Old Posted April 6th, 2011 (08:13 AM).
LePoisson
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
If you want I can help with music. Here is a few samples on the few things I have been working on atm... Only if you want it though, I am sure there are many people here who are much better and practiced at this stuff than me.

mediafire (dot) com/?gskkxat3jh1i2f5

I would offer to help with scripting but I am still in the very early stages of learning. :D
Old Posted April 7th, 2011 (12:44 AM).
xCalierz

How do you obtain the mystery gift's ingame?
Old Posted April 7th, 2011 (01:50 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

You see the delivery man in the pokemon centers. If there's a new gift he gets it for you
Old Posted April 7th, 2011 (02:52 AM).
xCalierz

Ahh, so it updates through the internet?
Great idea.
Old Posted April 7th, 2011 (03:02 AM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Yeah. It connects to a database on the Internet which has the pokemons info in it. It then downloads the info and creates from that
Old Posted April 7th, 2011 (03:42 AM).
xCalierz

That's really awesome!
Now I'm looking forward to playing this even more
Old Posted April 9th, 2011 (03:34 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Screenshots updated in first post, but here they are anyway.

Demo comming soon once i've got up to Pewter Gym done

SS:

Getting Oak's Parcel

Can't leave yet

Also maps for Viridian City and Route 2 are available in the first post
Old Posted April 9th, 2011 (04:10 PM).
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Updated graphics nice looks much better
Old Posted April 10th, 2011 (04:14 AM).
xCalierz

One little recomendation for the parcel script.
You should make the player walk up to the cashier to obtain the package instead of just getting it from afar
Old Posted April 11th, 2011 (07:14 AM). Edited April 11th, 2011 by desbrina.
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

The parcel event now takes you to the desk to collec the parcel.

Beginnings of Viridian Forest.

Going to take a while since i can't find a tileset for it so and having to make my own

New completed version of Viridian Forest
Here

As well as a couple new screen shots

Viridian Forest

Should i or shouldn't i?
Old Posted April 11th, 2011 (05:15 PM).
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
I'd have Missingno only if you have it appear the same way as it did in Pokemon Blue. Having it crash your Hall of Fame and all.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old Posted April 12th, 2011 (01:52 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Dunno about crashing the hall of fame the same way it does in R/B/Y, it'd be kinda hard to do. I was just thinking of adding it either as a event or catchable like it was originally, since it was originally in the games.

Another update anyway
Pewter

Pewter Gym Entrance
Old Posted April 12th, 2011 (02:12 PM).
IceGod64
My imagination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
I'd have Missingno only if you have it appear the same way as it did in Pokemon Blue. Having it crash your Hall of Fame and all.
Okay, no. Not crashing the hall of fame, that's just silly.

But I'm all for having random things cause by catching missingno, like making a useless NPC say "̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̔̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̕̚̕̚ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏\
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏", or something like that.

Old Posted April 12th, 2011 (02:25 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

its easy enough to make it cause problems with npcs text if you have caught it
Old Posted April 13th, 2011 (03:16 AM).
xCalierz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceGod64 View Post
Okay, no. Not crashing the hall of fame, that's just silly.

But I'm all for having random things cause by catching missingno, like making a useless NPC say "̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚̕̚̕̚ ̔̕̚̕̚ερ҉ ҉̵̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̿̿̿̕̚̕̚͡͡҉҉ ̵̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠͇̊̋̌̍̎̏̿̿̿̚ ҉ ҉҉̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚ ̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̡̢̛̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̚ ̡̢̡̢̛̛̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̖̗̘̙̜̝̞̟̠̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̊̋̌̍̎̏̐̑̒̓̔̕̚̕̚ ̔̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̕̚̕̚ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏\
̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏ ̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏̏", or something like that.
You just blew my mind o.0
Old Posted April 15th, 2011 (01:08 PM).
desbrina
Lightning Yellow Creator

Update: Pewter Gym finished

Old Posted April 15th, 2011 (01:17 PM).
venom12
Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to venom12
Wow amazing, but why pikachu dont following you its yellow remake so pikachu should follow you. And now when you have done pewter you will relase demo?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links