Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 11th, 2011, 04:06 PM
The_Noob
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
This challenge is impossible. Don't even bother making a thread for it. Nobody can complete it.
I've deleted the rule that makes it far too hard for any mortal man. I also changed the rules so that they are far less astringent on anyone with the patience to survive to the 8th Gym.

Noob out.

Last edited by The_Noob; April 11th, 2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old April 11th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
The challenge doesn't really seem all that good. The only thing I can see about it that really makes it a challenge, is that you have to only use Pokemon from the first route in the game, which is essentially the Second City challenge, which is kind of pointless.

Maybe something else for that dream themes challenge. I'd call it the Rainbow challenge. Essentially, you'd play the game like a rainbow.
- You must have six Pokemon in your team. They must all be Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple.
- You must catch them in order of the rainbow.
- - - If, for some reason you can't find a red Pokemon early in the game, you can choose another colour to start with, such as blue, but it must still be in order (so if you start with blue, you must go purple, red etc.)
- One of your Pokemon must be able to learn Rain Dance or Sunny Day via level.
- - - If you're playing R/B/Y where weather didn't exist, then two of your Pokemon must be able to learn Ember and Water Gun.
- In addition to the colours, 1 of your Pokemon must be in the Plant type Egg Group.
- Heavy fire type moves (base 80+) are banned from this challenge. You don't want a heat wave during the rainbow, do you?
- Ghost/Dark types are banned from this challenge, as they will darken the rainbow which you have created.
Old April 11th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Brewds567
I'm dancing, I'm dancing!

Nature: Jolly
You should probably post that in the dream theme challenge thread as well so that Laure has a higer chance of seeing itand apporiving it

Pokemon X FC: 5343-8192-6778

Last edited by Brewds567; April 11th, 2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old April 11th, 2011, 07:07 PM
The_Noob
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
The challenge doesn't really seem all that good. The only thing I can see about it that really makes it a challenge, is that you have to only use Pokemon from the first route in the game, which is essentially the Second City challenge, which is kind of pointless..
I see. So perhaps this could be a more of an extremist version of the second city challenge. Except... It's really not. Meh.

Noob out.
Old April 12th, 2011, 02:10 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
That sounds like a really fun challenge. I'd probably do it too. One question though, do you only have your "king" when it is fully evolved? Or do you have a king from when you catch the first form of it? Because that would make castling a little tougher.
You got me there, but just for the sake of the challenge I would say it is the King when you first capture it, that way people can't smack an Everstone on it until the Elite Four to make it immune to Check/Checkmate.
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:08 AM
LaureTheLoner

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to LaureTheLoner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
The challenge doesn't really seem all that good. The only thing I can see about it that really makes it a challenge, is that you have to only use Pokemon from the first route in the game, which is essentially the Second City challenge, which is kind of pointless.

Maybe something else for that dream themes challenge. I'd call it the Rainbow challenge. Essentially, you'd play the game like a rainbow.
- You must have six Pokemon in your team. They must all be Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue and Purple.
- You must catch them in order of the rainbow.
- - - If, for some reason you can't find a red Pokemon early in the game, you can choose another colour to start with, such as blue, but it must still be in order (so if you start with blue, you must go purple, red etc.)
- One of your Pokemon must be able to learn Rain Dance or Sunny Day via level.
- - - If you're playing R/B/Y where weather didn't exist, then two of your Pokemon must be able to learn Ember and Water Gun.
- In addition to the colours, 1 of your Pokemon must be in the Plant type Egg Group.
- Heavy fire type moves (base 80+) are banned from this challenge. You don't want a heat wave during the rainbow, do you?
- Ghost/Dark types are banned from this challenge, as they will darken the rainbow which you have created.
If you did want to toss this one my way I'd add it to my forum, but it's pretty unique and challenging at that. At first I thought it'd be another simple color clause that always plaque me, but the fact that it has to be done in order definitely limits team choices making it a challenge.

>: I almost wanna do this on a R/S/E team, but than i'd be stuck with an N/F/E Wurmple

So the Weather Water Gun/Ember thing they just have to be a learnable move, or are they required to have it in their sets

Oh also am in love with the Chess idea D:

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644

Last edited by LaureTheLoner; April 12th, 2011 at 05:22 AM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I wouldn't go as far as adding it into your sets, but I guess that could be an extra rule if you wish to restrict yourself more. It should be added that two Pokemon must be able to learn the seperate moves.

Maybe Castform can be the Rainbow King/Queen, and thus can be a wildcard for any Pokemon. :)
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:55 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

I like the chess idea (Maybe just because i'm a chess freak) and if its here when i get home for my vacation, i'll do it.
Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:09 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

I made the thread like 5 mins after my last post here. So I can't wait until Sydian approves it!
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:13 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
I made the thread like 5 mins after my last post here. So I can't wait until Sydian approves it!
Good! I want to do it soon.... except i already have 5 challenges, with im now finishing 1 by 1 first. but i'll participate when I've got the time
Challenges:
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:26 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
It sounds like a good challenge. I might participate when I have finished some of mine.
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:03 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Yeah, there's a lot of really good challenges that are coming up nowadays. It helps me, because it makes me finish my monos so that I can get to those other challenges that seem so fun.
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:46 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
I'm getting close to finishing Black so I can revamp the Favorite Challenge. Already wrote my new list of favorites...gunna require lots of transferring and trading though, depending on the types I'm assigned. So idk HOW this will work for others, cause I've figured out how I'mma do it. But there will be an alternate way to participate. :x But it limits you to just Unova Pokemon and only listing 1 Pokemon in each type. It shouldn't be too bad though. Also gotta write in a new rule for Rotom, since it's now more than Ghost/Electric. I'm thinking that if it's assigned as an Electric, you will be allowed to change forms, but if it's assigned as a Ghost, you can't, since now it loses its Ghost typing upon form changing. And then Arceus won't be allowed to form change, on the off chance someone gets it...

Off topic but I just wanted to let you know I love The Mars Volta. That is all. okgobye.

paired to crono & moderator of 3 & 5
Old April 12th, 2011, 04:11 PM
LaureTheLoner

I really wanna compete in the Chess one but it will have to wait until after I beat Trio species, which might take a while because this team kinda sucks. Breloom does all the work carrying these suckas :p

I feel guilty about my Dream Theme challenge as though I beat some sort of system by having challenges within a challenge D: so I will strictly stay to themey things and stay away from number limit thingys. That and now I feel like it's my job to complete all the challenges in that thread, and this will take a while

;_; hopefully the badges system will make it awesome and fun though cause that is more about what themes are rather than struggle

Oh, and 8 days til I get a DS and Laure is rocking 4th and 5th gen again D:

I still have my eyes on starting that egg challenge as well

Old April 12th, 2011, 05:02 PM
Exile
blvck haze 2001
Community Supporter

Wow, Chess Challenge does seem quite fun, ngl. Anyhow, I saw a bit of dicussion about emulators on the previous page and the thought of hacking tools came up. So, have you guys ever used a hacking tool to complete a challenge, and if so, which ones? I've used YAPE and the 4th/5th Gen Evolution Editor to evolve things like Gigalith, A-Starter for a Larvitar solo run, and A-Map, as well as the Advanced Series, so that I could use a Sandile in FireRed.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:30 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpman View Post
Wow, Chess Challenge does seem quite fun, ngl. Anyhow, I saw a bit of dicussion about emulators on the previous page and the thought of hacking tools came up. So, have you guys ever used a hacking tool to complete a challenge, and if so, which ones? I've used YAPE and the 4th/5th Gen Evolution Editor to evolve things like Gigalith, A-Starter for a Larvitar solo run, and A-Map, as well as the Advanced Series, so that I could use a Sandile in FireRed.
I use Pokesav mostly when I need to evolve stuff in HG/SS or D/P/Pt that require trades, although I haven't done it for a while. That last time I did that was for a Bug run on Platinum when I evolved Scyther into Scizor once I got the Metal Coat.

What does YAPE do, and where can I get the evo editor?
Active Challenges:

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
thenickel09
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
I use Pokesav mostly when I need to evolve stuff in HG/SS or D/P/Pt that require trades, although I haven't done it for a while. That last time I did that was for a Bug run on Platinum when I evolved Scyther into Scizor once I got the Metal Coat.

What does YAPE do, and where can I get the evo editor?
YAPE is basically a 3rd gen Pokemon editor (e.g. edits evolution methods, level up moves, Pokedex entry, etc.).

There's a 4/5th Gen Evo Editor 0_0........want :X

I also saw something while skimming through this thread about a tournament planned for the summer?

Count me in ^-^
Completed Challenges:
Duo-Species Challenge
Nidoking/Gardevoir, Ninetales/Kabutops, / (Ruby)

Syddy Claus' Challenge
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:31 PM
LaureTheLoner

Is their a Pokesav equivalent for the gba games. Gameshark annoys me D:

I'm about to complete my fairy challenge going into the Pokemon League. This one was pretty easy because Clefable is an awesome Special Attacker and Butterfree is just a pimp

Old April 12th, 2011, 10:15 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaureTheLoner View Post
Is their a Pokesav equivalent for the gba games. Gameshark annoys me D:

I'm about to complete my fairy challenge going into the Pokemon League. This one was pretty easy because Clefable is an awesome Special Attacker and Butterfree is just a pimp
Not for editing save files. I know there's a Pokemon Maker thingy for the Gen III games (although you almost have to make eggs so the IDs match), but Pokesav is for Gen IV and V games only unfortunately.
Active Challenges:

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:13 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

I use PokeGen....alot.

When ever I want to do a happiness evolution I just put it's Happiness at max so I won't waste time, I mean it isn't cheating, because if it was on a DS I would have done 30,000 laps around Hearthome anyways.

I also do challenge revolving around PokeGen like a Nuzlocke where I have to have a RNG'd Team of GenI Pokemon,GenII Pokemon,GenIII Pokemon, GenIV Pokemon, Gen V Pokemon, and Legendary. Then if one dies I have to RNG another one for it's region, oh and no cross gen evolutions like Scizor or Mamoswine.

Also, I want to post my Chess Updates so bad, but I'm the thread owner, and no one posted yet, and you can't double post on PC unless your Sydian so yeah I'm dissapointed.
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:17 AM
LaureTheLoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
I use PokeGen....alot.

When ever I want to do a happiness evolution I just put it's Happiness at max so I won't waste time, I mean it isn't cheating, because if it was on a DS I would have done 30,000 laps around Hearthome anyways.

I also do challenge revolving around PokeGen like a Nuzlocke where I have to have a RNG'd Team of GenI Pokemon,GenII Pokemon,GenIII Pokemon, GenIV Pokemon, Gen V Pokemon, and Legendary. Then if one dies I have to RNG another one for it's region, oh and no cross gen evolutions like Scizor or Mamoswine.

Also, I want to post my Chess Updates so bad, but I'm the thread owner, and no one posted yet, and you can't double post on PC unless your Sydian so yeah I'm dissapointed.
Gah I can't resist don't worry I'll post now even though I have no clue what game I'm going to use yet. Probably stick to my computer though D: man I'm addicted to the spacebar when using GBA despite how much I love being away from the computer and just lounging around using my iPhone as a gba

Man I can't wait til I get a DS ;_;
and hit those garage sales where I find all the older Pokemon games a dime a dozen

but spacebar I will miss you

Old April 13th, 2011, 02:20 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

I use YAPE and Advance map for 3. gen games, Advance map for getting the pokemon early, and YAPE to edit evolution methods. Other things aren't really needed for challenges
Challenges:
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:39 AM
LaureTheLoner

I post cool challenges from here on Tumblr sometimes to try and get my friends to come here and join, so I don't look like a loser on Twitter anymore, and I think one of my friends might wanna play Chess

He said something about how cool it would be with B/W Pokemon, not Gen 5 but the actual colors, but I don't think there is enough to ever pull that off for a Chess theme lol, like if 3 had to be black and 3 white

Old April 13th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Alpha_Spike
Alpha Trainer

Hmm has anyone created a "Purity Monotype Challenge" yet? By this I mean monotype but no dual types are allowed? Cause I think this would be interesting

Creator of the Triple trigen monotype master challenge(PM for details if you want to know more)

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.

Game: Pokemon Y
Name: Lycos
Friend code: 1306-6972-7386
Old April 13th, 2011, 03:11 AM
mondays suck
:)

Stop the racism against dual-types, all they want is to coexist!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links