Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:03 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
Does anyone have a picture of the English BW Pokemon summary screen? Alternatively, can someone please tell me what the "Location Data" says for PokeShifted Pokemon and Unova-native Pokemon? I.e., things like "Met at ROUTE ____"; "Sinnoh/Johto", etc. Thanks!

(if someone manages to snag a Pokemon from Dream World later on; the "Location Data" of that Pokemon would be helpful, too. My guess is that it's probably "Fatefully Encountered", but idk...)
[2011 HIATUS] Will be on PokeCommunity intermittently in 2012 2013 2014.
Visit the Crowning Remix of Awesome HERE and HERE
Old April 12th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Woobat
Koromori

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenyx4 View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the English BW Pokemon summary screen? Alternatively, can someone please tell me what the "Location Data" says for PokeShifted Pokemon and Unova-native Pokemon? I.e., things like "Met at ROUTE ____"; "Sinnoh/Johto", etc. Thanks!

(if someone manages to snag a Pokemon from Dream World later on; the "Location Data" of that Pokemon would be helpful, too. My guess is that it's probably "Fatefully Encountered", but idk...)
I can't answer your first question, but here's the answer to your second.

The text for Pokeshifted pokemon from 3rd gen is:
(Date Transferred)
Hoenn/Kanto
Apparently arrived at Lv. XXX after a long journey through time.

4th gen:
(Date Transferred)
Sinnoh/Johto
Apparantly arrived at Lv. XXX.

Pokemon caught in Unova:
(Date Caught)
(Location)
Met at Lv. XXX.

White Friend Code: 2666 1388 1594
Heart Gold Friend Code: 1334 5421 2854
Trade Thread

Old April 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:

Dream World Pokemon say "Entree Forest" and "Met at Lv. ___", because you actually physically catch it in Entree Forest in the Entralink.

I tried to take a picture of my summary screen but my phone's camera isn't good enough to take such a close picture, sorry :/
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Azure Revolver
HONK HONK

Nature: Jolly
So quick question. Where can I see trapinch? I don't want to have to use Entralink to get the person to come, so I just want it in my pokedex so I can look up the damn thing in the pokedex.

Also, this is retarded. You can't try to search for a pokemon you haven't seen yet. So if that pokemon has no chance of being caught or seen, you're screwed and won't be able to search for it in the GTS. That just annoys the crap out of me. I'm not even allowed to take the lazy route out and try to look it up on GTS.

Old April 12th, 2011, 07:10 PM
justinlittle18
Beginning Trainer

Is there a place I can buy Elixers or Ethers or something that does the same?

And how do I get into the inner cave of the Giant Chasm to catch Kyurem?

One more question: what's the point of Honey in this Pokemon version?

Name: Justin
White FC: 0905-2291-6452

Last edited by justinlittle18; April 12th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Clairissa
Shining brilliantly!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Clairissa Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Clairissa Send a message via Yahoo to Clairissa Send a message via Skype™ to Clairissa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Revolver View Post
So quick question. Where can I see trapinch? I don't want to have to use Entralink to get the person to come, so I just want it in my pokedex so I can look up the damn thing in the pokedex.

Also, this is retarded. You can't try to search for a pokemon you haven't seen yet. So if that pokemon has no chance of being caught or seen, you're screwed and won't be able to search for it in the GTS. That just annoys the crap out of me. I'm not even allowed to take the lazy route out and try to look it up on GTS.

I hate it too, and as far as I can see there is no one with Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon to see them and get the 'dex sighting from in Black, as for White, someone enables it to be caught, no idea who, they really screwed the pooch with the GTS, horrible system, you could always see if someone would be willing to trade on via Wi-Fi in that area of the forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlittle18 View Post

Ethers and Elixers are limited, Elixers can be found through Pickup.
When you walk into the entrance of Giant Chasm, you have to walk to the left and around to eventually get to the other side and climb down and enter the next area, it's rather straight forward once you go around it.

Kanto - Johto - Hoenn - Sinnoh - Unova
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Azure Revolver
HONK HONK

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlittle18 View Post

One more question: what's the point of Honey in this Pokemon version?
No you can not and have not been able to since the first generation.

For Giant Chasm, head forward when in the main area. Jump down the ledge and head right, around in a spiral so to speak. Just keep looking around until you find what appears to be a large pit and you hear Kyurem cry. The whole area becomes covered in snow and you can head up the stairs to the area Kyurem is in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairissa View Post
I hate it too, and as far as I can see there is no one with Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon to see them and get the 'dex sighting from in Black, as for White, someone enables it to be caught, no idea who, they really screwed the pooch with the GTS, horrible system, you could always see if someone would be willing to trade on via Wi-Fi in that area of the forums.
Yeah, I guess that's the only option. I might just resort to trying out the Entralink though. Thanks for the response.

Old April 12th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
For Giant Chasm, head forward when in the main area. Jump down the ledge and head right, around in a spiral so to speak. Just keep looking around until you find what appears to be a large pit and you hear Kyurem cry. The whole area becomes covered in snow and you can head up the stairs to the area Kyurem is in now.
To expand on this, because it wouldn't have helped me too much when I was looking for mine because I was so lost:

Spoiler:

The bottom map, where the star is, is where you need to go. You'll know how to continue once you get there because of the snow.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:23 PM
PikachuGuy
THOSE CHU'Z

Does anyone know what would be best for the Elite 4 in Pokemon White version? My problem is, I only have 4 good, high leveled Poke's. Which are:

Victini Level 49
Boldore Level 48
Serperior Level 50
Gurdurr Level 48

I am surprised that I made it through all 8 gyms with only 4 Poke's. I am thinking of getting a decent Flying type and a Water type, but I just don't know. Does anyone have any tips?
Black 2 FC: 2667 2474 4965 (5th Gen)
Pokemon Y FC: 0834 1145 0815
My Trade Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318726
My Trade Review: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318949
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:26 PM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Community Supporter

Hey I can't seem to get my Eeveelution in the DW. Anyone know how to? I played the minigame and got Espeon, btw.
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Oryx
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PikachuGuy View Post
Does anyone know what would be best for the Elite 4 in Pokemon White version? My problem is, I only have 4 good, high leveled Poke's. Which are:

Victini Level 49
Boldore Level 48
Serperior Level 50
Gurdurr Level 48

I am surprised that I made it through all 8 gyms with only 4 Poke's. I am thinking of getting a decent Flying type and a Water type, but I just don't know. Does anyone have any tips?
I wouldn't go for those types. The Elite Four (trying to spoil as little as possible here) uses the less traditional typings, as in, not grass or water or normal. One of the most frustrating things I found in the Elite Four was that I trained my Pokemon to handle the Gym Leader's typings, and then when I hit the Elite Four, I wasn't ready for any of their typings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokewalker View Post
Hey I can't seem to get my Eeveelution in the DW. Anyone know how to? I played the minigame and got Espeon, btw.
They're not released yet. Nice choice on Espeon though, that was mine as well.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:38 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woobat View Post
I can't answer your first question, but here's the answer to your second.

The text for Pokeshifted pokemon from 3rd gen is:
(Date Transferred)
Hoenn/Kanto
Apparently arrived at Lv. XXX after a long journey through time.

4th gen:
(Date Transferred)
Sinnoh/Johto
Apparantly arrived at Lv. XXX.

Pokemon caught in Unova:
(Date Caught)
(Location)
Met at Lv. XXX.
Does the summary screen still say anything different for Distant Land Pokémon, or is it just Hoenn/Kanto?

Old April 12th, 2011, 09:44 PM
PikachuGuy
THOSE CHU'Z

Thank you Tourjours, I just went to serbii and found out that a few of the E4 use some types that are a disadvantage to mine. I've also found out that I've got some TM moves that have the advantage over most of them, so I'll just grind up a bit and go from there. I'll still go catch some other Poke's so I'll have a full team of 6 instead of 4, better to have more than less, right?
Black 2 FC: 2667 2474 4965 (5th Gen)
Pokemon Y FC: 0834 1145 0815
My Trade Thread: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318726
My Trade Review: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318949
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Azure Revolver
HONK HONK

So I just tried out the Entralink with my brother's Black version. I went to Black City, but the person I wanted to come to mine wasn't in his nor mine. (Pkmn Ranger Eliza, the one that is tied to Trapinch, and another one that is tied to Ralts)

So, am I screwed out of not getting these at all? Will new people eventually appear, or do I have to find people who do have said people in their Black City and get them to migrate to mines. I'm really frustrated.

So if you don't have all the people, but you want other new people to come to yours, will that ever happen without migrating someone else's who has it?

Old April 12th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
So if you don't have all the people, but you want other new people to come to yours, will that ever happen without migrating someone else's who has it?
You'll just eventually lose all your people. Only way to get new people is to either restart the game, or just extralink. D:

Either way, the dream world should have a trapinch anyway, since most Pokemon can be found there...I think yeah.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Azure Revolver
HONK HONK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

You'll just eventually lose all your people. Only way to get new people is to either restart the game, or just extralink. D:

Either way, the dream world should have a trapinch anyway, since most Pokemon can be found there...I think yeah.
No, I mean, for example, I already have like 6 people in my White Forest and my brother has 10 in his Black City. But neither of our games has the two trainers I am looking for. If they are not in either game, is it possible to get new trainers without Entralinking with a third person to get the trainers desired?

As in, is it possible to receive a specific trainer if you did not have the trainer in the game ever?

I can also rule out Dream World as an option as when I tried today, I was unable to even use it as I needed an update to Flash Player. It never installs properly because the damn school laptop which is my only internet access blocks me from installing ANYTHING, including said needed update.

Old April 12th, 2011, 11:22 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Um...is the Honey of Generation 4 obtainable in Unova somehow? If not, WTF is up with Teddiursa's Dream World ability? Thanks in advance for responding...
[2011 HIATUS] Will be on PokeCommunity intermittently in 2012 2013 2014.
Visit the Crowning Remix of Awesome HERE and HERE
Old April 13th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Maninder
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Maninder Send a message via Yahoo to Maninder Send a message via Skype™ to Maninder
Sorry everyone I went to some next place, finally at Relic Castle, there is an entrance place and one of your friends stops you and says something about somebody went on ahead, so I went thorugh the entrance and...
I dunno where to go, on the north-west side, there is a Sand thing which blocks your path so U get sucked, there is someone on the right of that and I talked to her and she gave me a fossil, I went outside but my friend still was outside saying the same thing, so I went to the Gym Museum and they collected it and gave me a pokemon, I went to Tubeline Bridge but it's still blocked by the 2 Team Plasma geezers...
So have I missed something?
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:24 AM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maninder View Post
Sorry everyone I went to some next place, finally at Relic Castle, there is an entrance place and one of your friends stops you and says something about somebody went on ahead, so I went thorugh the entrance and...
I dunno where to go, on the north-west side, there is a Sand thing which blocks your path so U get sucked, there is someone on the right of that and I talked to her and she gave me a fossil, I went outside but my friend still was outside saying the same thing, so I went to the Gym Museum and they collected it and gave me a pokemon, I went to Tubeline Bridge but it's still blocked by the 2 Team Plasma geezers...
So have I missed something?
Look, man, I've told you this already and you're clearly not listening. I'll lay it out nice and easy for you.

1. Go to Relic Castle. Go inside.
  2. See that cone of quicksand?
  3. WALK across it.
  4. DO NOT RUN. DO NOT BIKE. DO NOT TOUCH THE CENTRE TILE.
  5. There you are. Go down the stairs, and follow onwards. You'll meet Team Plasma, rah de rah de rah.
  6. You'll have to fight your way through lots of grunts.
  7. Use a bit of trial and error, and a bit of common sense, to work out which sandpits you need to cross and which you need to fall down.
  8. Eventually you will reach the bottom floor (or near enough) which is where stuff goes down.
Capiche?

Last edited by Misheard Whisper; April 13th, 2011 at 02:40 AM. Reason: double post derp.
Old April 13th, 2011, 05:43 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

Quote:
Um...is the Honey of Generation 4 obtainable in Unova somehow? If not, WTF is up with Teddiursa's Dream World ability? Thanks in advance for responding...
I know it's obtainable but I can't find where exactly either. The item information exists in Black/White so it's definitely in the game. I think maybe the dowsing machine will help you out on your search.
Old April 13th, 2011, 05:57 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
It is, you can get it with a Pokemon that has the ability Honey Gather like Teddiursa or Combee. You can still use it like you would Sweet Scent.
Old April 13th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Azure Revolver
HONK HONK

Nobody answered my question still. D:

Old April 13th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Clairissa
Shining brilliantly!

Send a message via AIM to Clairissa Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Clairissa Send a message via Yahoo to Clairissa Send a message via Skype™ to Clairissa
Quote:
Nobody answered my question still. D:
If the person isn't in either game, you'll need a game where someone does have it to recruit them...
It's too bad I can't use wi-fi, I have the ranger on my black game...

Kanto - Johto - Hoenn - Sinnoh - Unova
Old April 13th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Azure Revolver
HONK HONK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairissa View Post
If the person isn't in either game, you'll need a game where someone does have it to recruit them...
It's too bad I can't use wi-fi, I have the ranger on my black game...
Damn. I might have to keep restarting the game until I get it then.

Old April 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Maninder
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Maninder Send a message via Yahoo to Maninder Send a message via Skype™ to Maninder
Pokemon White:
I need help: 4 of my Pokemons are between 20 - 30. 1 of them is Level 41 and 1 of them Level 62. The trainers pokemons and wild Pokemon are way higher than my bottom 4 Pokemon and my Level 38 Druddigon doesn't do much, gets killed easily in one go so I am using my Level 62 Emboar which when I win Trainer and Wild Pokemons I get only 1000 Exp and on my Exp meter it hardly moves, I am in the Victory Road.
Any tips and hints?
Should I start my game again and next time equally train each Pokemon?

Last edited by Maninder; April 13th, 2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Mistake
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here