The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games > Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Want to showcase yourself playing a game? Want to write a guide on how to beat the hardest levels of a game? Or maybe you want to give your review of a game you have? If so, this is the place for you!


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old April 14th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
The best Civilization game in the series IMO.

I've got the fifth installment but I've yet to play it D;
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old April 14th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Yuoaman's Avatar
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The best Civilization game in the series IMO.

I've got the fifth installment but I've yet to play it D;
I have, it's a decent game but doesn't feel quite right when compared with past games in the series. It also plays a hell of a lot slower than IV ever did, like crazily slow. You won't be able to build roads until like half an hour in at earliest, and your second city won't be built for like forty-five minutes. It's crazy stuff, man.

Though I do like the use of ancient ruins instead of goodie huts - you can't disturb angry villagers now.
__________________

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter


83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old April 14th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Yeah, it sounds quite slow I'll give it a try considering I got it for my birthday but I think I'm going to stick with BTS.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old April 14th, 2011, 12:31 PM
mondays suck's Avatar
mondays suck
:)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D
I borrowed Civ V from a friend who got it a few months ago, I wasn't too impressed either and sticked with Civ IV. Once that gets boring I might try out V again, maybe. Should be better than the original release was by then, I hope.
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old April 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Yuoaman's Avatar
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
I borrowed Civ V from a friend who got it a few months ago, I wasn't too impressed either and sticked with Civ IV. Once that gets boring I might try out V again, maybe. Should be better than the original release was by then, I hope.
Yeah, Civ IV is definitely going to remain the better game, at least until some expansions and **** are relased for V.
__________________

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter


83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old April 14th, 2011, 05:24 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
I played some more on my shadow game....
880 AD, Saladin is now...
Spoiler:

dead. Been expecting anything else? I killed off Napoleon, tried going after Joao again, but he had just such a lot of slowing terrain, once again I took a city and a stalemate ensued. So I went for Saladin instead. My version Russia now looks like this:

Still a lot of space to fill out, I also might consider a maces or knights war against Joao or Genghis, the two are still at war with each other and I haven't checked the tech screen, but I doubt they are doing well. Pacal I only met recently (looks like is spawn really screwed him), he is far, far behind without any hopes to catch up. Meeting the other continent(s) might make the tech situation look ugly though.
By the way, have you met this guy yet?

No matter what I do, HE JUST WON'T DIE. The age of Chariots as actual threats on the battlefield has been over for at least 2000 years, and he's still doing well. My Horse Archers should be obsolete by now as well, but they still work just fine for me, except against that damn Joao and all his unchopped forests... If I just were Kublai Khan and not Peter...

My plans for the near future look kind of boring: Economy, teching, etc. Either go for Liberalism () or attempt getting to Guilds before Joao or Genghis get to Feudalism. Hopefully they'll stay at war some more and pillage each other's cottages...
Spoiler:
You should really focus on teching up for meeting the other continents.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Ugh if my Netbook didn't hang all the time I'd probably play a shadow game too. :/

Still building lots of city is good no?
Sucks for you.

Yeah, though the maintenance costs can kill ya if you expand too fast. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
The best Civilization game in the series IMO.

I've got the fifth installment but I've yet to play it D;
I tried the demo, and though I quite liked it, I don't wanna go out and actually buy a video card for my system quite yet so that I can play it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
I have, it's a decent game but doesn't feel quite right when compared with past games in the series. It also plays a hell of a lot slower than IV ever did, like crazily slow. You won't be able to build roads until like half an hour in at earliest, and your second city won't be built for like forty-five minutes. It's crazy stuff, man.

Though I do like the use of ancient ruins instead of goodie huts - you can't disturb angry villagers now.
It reminds me more of 3 than of any other past game from the series in terms of feel and game pace. It's also quite a bit more of a resource hog, so that time delay could just be your system taking longer to process the game than it takes with 4?

I like the addition of city-states and the return of barbarians to little villages like they had in 3. Though I would like to see some different tribes of barbarians and them eventually being able to have their own "civilization" of sorts and evolving into another entity to interact with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Yeah, it sounds quite slow I'll give it a try considering I got it for my birthday but I think I'm going to stick with BTS.
Some of that could be your system as well. The graphics are intense when compared to Civ IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
I borrowed Civ V from a friend who got it a few months ago, I wasn't too impressed either and sticked with Civ IV. Once that gets boring I might try out V again, maybe. Should be better than the original release was by then, I hope.
I actually liked the removal of religions from the game. It was too necessary a win condition in IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
Yeah, Civ IV is definitely going to remain the better game, at least until some expansions and **** are relased for V.
Some of IV's mechanics bug me, though.

----------------------------------------------------

No update tonight. Busy with homework and such, so I don't wanna expend the effort to post one. I'll see about getting one up on Monday.

EDIT: Got bored of that, so quick update:

Game 1 Update 10:

Spoiler:



I think it's time to get some defense up in this place.


Let's build a lighthouse here! (in hindsight, this wasn't a very good idea)


I don't like you! No Open Borders for you! >:(


Time to build us a monastery! (in hindsight, also not a very good idea)


Let's spread this to our newest city!

End Update 10
__________________

Last edited by donavannj; April 14th, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:34 AM
mondays suck's Avatar
mondays suck
:)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D
Get some Open Borders already, it does no harm unless that person is someone's worst enemy. Even then, friends are not a bad thing. The Khan and Napoleon are the only two other jewish nations, befriend them. Bribing Napoleon into war with someone else after opening borders should be worth it, it will keep him busy. That would certainly be expensive and risks one AI defeating another and becoming a superpower, but buying time is worth it. If you see either Napoleon or his victim (this would require you opening borders with said victim, so it's unlikely) going down, quickly build some troops, join the war and grab at least some of the cities. A long stalemate in an AI war, like the Portugal vs Mongolia in my game is favorable as well, it utterly ruins the involved civs tech positions.
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Playing it now (:


__________________



Last edited by Azure; April 16th, 2011 at 08:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old April 16th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Netto Azure's Avatar
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Holy Temple, Kingdom of Forgotten Sound
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
@ Suicune: I find it funny how in the Historical context your researching Fission while using Chariots. xD

@Don: Convert teh heathens!
__________________
Elmairy Leaf
Class: Leaf Knight
LV. Moderator








“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old April 16th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
Yeah, I know that was just before I got war declared on by 3 AI's. I've got Musketmen & Rifflemen now
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:18 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
Get some Open Borders already, it does no harm unless that person is someone's worst enemy. Even then, friends are not a bad thing. The Khan and Napoleon are the only two other jewish nations, befriend them. Bribing Napoleon into war with someone else after opening borders should be worth it, it will keep him busy. That would certainly be expensive and risks one AI defeating another and becoming a superpower, but buying time is worth it. If you see either Napoleon or his victim (this would require you opening borders with said victim, so it's unlikely) going down, quickly build some troops, join the war and grab at least some of the cities. A long stalemate in an AI war, like the Portugal vs Mongolia in my game is favorable as well, it utterly ruins the involved civs tech positions.
Yeah, I didn't act quickly enough to distract Napoleon. I've had two wars so far with him, and have been lucky to survive so far. ;( (you won't see the final results of the first war until next update or the update after, though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Playing it now (:

o_o;; Chariots, Pikemen, Longbowmen, and Swordsmen while researching Fission?! Upgrade those units! It's a wonder you're still alive (unless you're playing on Settler or Chieftain for your difficulty)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
@ Suicune: I find it funny how in the Historical context your researching Fission while using Chariots. xD

@Don: Convert teh heathens!
Teh heathens will be hard to convert. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
Yeah, I know that was just before I got war declared on by 3 AI's. I've got Musketmen & Rifflemen now ^^
If you can research Fission, you should totally have the technology for infantry and tanks right now. :\

--------------------------------------------

Updating because I don't want to do my homework.

Game 1 Update 11: No Offense, but I Hate You.

Spoiler:

You're too close to me, so I'm gonna have to refuse. >:(


Yes! A Settler!

... FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. Who declared war on me?! pleasenotnapoleonpleasenotnapoleonpleasenotnapoleonpleasenotnapoleonpleasenotnapoleon


****. YOU. ARE. AN. *******. THIS IS WHY I HATE PLAYING AGAINST YOU.


NOOOOOO! NOVGOROD! ;____;


Oh, look, I got a technology! I think it's Theology.


Yep, it was Theology.


Now then, Horseback Riding so we can storm Napoleon's lands!


And I have another city! Let's build a Granary, since this city probably won't see any war action.


BATTLE TIME! Let's crush that warrior!


And now we have an Archer! Let's build another!


Oh, goodie! A Great Merchant! Exactly what I need!


I'm gonna have to build a temple here otherwise there'll be riots. :(


I'm gonna try to go for something more long term. This wonder has some cool benefits. n_n


We'll build a Monastery here since this city takes a long time to build units.


I don't care. You're smallfry compared to Napoleon. >:(

End Update 11.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old April 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Captain Fabio's Avatar
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: London, UK
Age: 24
Nature: Lax
"You founded Christianity" 8D!
You should try and get some video entries going if you can!

Keep it up!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38    
Old April 17th, 2011, 01:38 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Fabio View Post
"You founded Christianity" 8D!
You should try and get some video entries going if you can!

Keep it up!
But videos take effort. ;;

----------------------------

Updating since I'm up so late anyways.

Game 1 Update 12: Holding Our Ground! Kinda.

Spoiler:



We have Horse Archers now! :D We'll go for Code of Laws next, for them Courthouses!


Let's build a monastery. We'll need those missionaries after the war.


I quite like this deal!


Being assaulted by the French.


Cleaning up the last of the French in this first round of invasions.


No Open Borders! >:(


Got a Great Prophet! \o/

****. A stack of doom. O_O;;


And I'm building the Church of the Nativity anyways.


Being assaulted again.


And I fall flat on my face assaulting the French invaders.

End Update 12.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39    
Old April 17th, 2011, 07:37 AM
mondays suck's Avatar
mondays suck
:)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D
In [whatever political system you are using right now, probably tsarist] Russia, France invades you! Sorry, couldn't resist these two overused jokes.


You're playing with combat animations on? I only did that in, like, my first two games ever, couldn't stand them.

By the way, why are you building a monastery in Rostov? I prefer ruining the economy in a victorious total war over losing cities while building infrastructure. Also, build some Horse Archers already, Napoleon might have Spears but except in the cities you can just run away from them and leave them to the supporting axes. Reclaim Novgorod and then take Paris - or raze it as it's one tile off the nearby river, in my shadow game I only kept it because it had the Pyramids in it.

EDIT: And then I realized I forgot once again you actually already played more than you posted. But at least it's what I probably would have done at that point.

Last edited by mondays suck; April 17th, 2011 at 07:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40    
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:34 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
In [whatever political system you are using right now, probably tsarist] Russia, France invades you! Sorry, couldn't resist these two overused jokes.


You're playing with combat animations on? I only did that in, like, my first two games ever, couldn't stand them.

By the way, why are you building a monastery in Rostov? I prefer ruining the economy in a victorious total war over losing cities while building infrastructure. Also, build some Horse Archers already, Napoleon might have Spears but except in the cities you can just run away from them and leave them to the supporting axes. Reclaim Novgorod and then take Paris - or raze it as it's one tile off the nearby river, in my shadow game I only kept it because it had the Pyramids in it.

EDIT: And then I realized I forgot once again you actually already played more than you posted. But at least it's what I probably would have done at that point.
Yeah, I kinda am way ahead. Last I played was last weekend, though, so I've been working on getting this caught up. *goes to check last screenshot* When I finally get this caught up, it will be at turn 227.

Also, 15 turns is way too long for a military unit.

-------------------------------------------

So here's an update. It's a pretty big one at 20 images.

Game 1 Update 13:

Spoiler:



Having failed to slow the invasion, we are going for Construction to research Catapults.


And now Rostov is being invaded. :(


No Gandhi, no.


As you can see, I lost Rostov. I then bought myself peace with several technologies.


This city shall build a Lighthouse.


I should expand while we have peace with Napoleon.


Fine, Joao. If only because you're pretty menacing in your own right.


Time for a change in civics.


But you won't care enough to declare war on me. Chicken.


And back to wonder accumulation I go.


This wonder will help greatly in the event of another war with Napoleon.


And I think we'll need some production benefits for the long term here.


And I think we'll try for Aesthetics for the sake of trying for the Shwe****n Paya.


Figures I get outvoted. At least I know I am an impediment to any sort of diplomatic victory with the number of votes I possess.


Oh, and I've founded my newest city for my iron source here.


No, no, no, no, no, and even if you ask a million times, the answer will still be no!


That Great Library could prove beneficial if I build it.


Oh, look! A Great Prophet! My cities are pretty much churning these things out like candy.


You're puny and insignificant, so no.


Just... NO.


End Update 13.


You see why the subtitle contains misadventures now? ;)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41    
Old April 18th, 2011, 02:55 PM
mondays suck's Avatar
mondays suck
:)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D
Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
Also, 15 turns is way too long for a military unit.

These people are your friends when regular production means fail.
Reply With Quote
  #42    
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:02 PM
Azure's Avatar
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hoenn ☆
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
When starting, I always go for the highest ones like Horseback Riding & Metal Casting, puerly because turns go so quick with only one city then the rest are mere 1-3 turns
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #43    
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:56 AM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post


These people are your friends when regular production means fail.
I've always had bad luck with adopting slavery. My cities would revolt way too often. :x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
When starting, I always go for the highest ones like Horseback Riding & Metal Casting, puerly because turns go so quick with only one city then the rest are mere 1-3 turns :)
I usually go for a religion first, myself, and then go military if I fail to get Hinduism, Buddhism, or Judaism, because a religion is pretty much required to win on higher difficulties (you'll go bankrupt if you don't have the revenue a religion brings in from having it's holy building built).


---------------

And a quick 5 pic update:

Spoiler:



Researching Civil Service for those macemen in the event of another war with my insane neighbor.


And I guess I'm quite a small civ by this world's standards. Well, in terms of land area, that is.


I don't give away freebies. >:(


And I've founded myself another city.


And we'll end this update with an awesome random event. ^_^

End Update 14.
__________________

Last edited by donavannj; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Update
Reply With Quote
  #44    
Old April 22nd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Netto Azure's Avatar
Netto Azure
<<38th Generation Leaf Knight>>
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Holy Temple, Kingdom of Forgotten Sound
Gender: Male
Nature: Gentle
Don't worry. I hope you get to become a big boy later on. *shot*
__________________
Elmairy Leaf
Class: Leaf Knight
LV. Moderator








“Sun, are you really all right? Does it hurt? Do you need help? Are you sure?”

Reply With Quote
  #45    
Old April 23rd, 2011, 10:28 AM
mondays suck's Avatar
mondays suck
:)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D
Finally got around to continue my shadow game a bit...


In 1310, after an estimated 1500 years of war...
Spoiler:
Genghis Khan has finally managed to capture one city from Joao . Meanwhile, I've been stagnating for centuries, nothing at all apart from me founding a few more cities happened. Economy is still trash, but Joao and Genghis are hopelessly behind and Pacal is only catching up slowly and mainly pursuing cultural techs - while he has 2 cities and 3 are needed for a cultural victory. More good news is that there still is no contact with any other civs, they can't be a lot more advanced. Still I am probably going to lose Liberalism, oh well. So, the plan is to sit on my land, build infrastructure ad nauseum and eventually win space. Yawn. Well, I don't feel like conquering Genghis and the jungles he is drowning in or Joao and his cities that are mostly on hills and having walls or even some person on another continent, the map is just too big for that. Once I've finished expanding I'll be at 40 cities, that'll be far, far more than enough.
Sooo, here we have Russia East...

...and Russia West.

Maybe I should build wealth and research in my cities to get out of the tech hole, but now that Horse Archers are obsolete (then again, Joao, isn't even close to Feudalism yet...), these buildings became are sooo shiny

By the way, I'm pretty sure I've never seen such a religion spread pattern before. Usually everything can spread anywhere, but here that clearly isn't the case. Well, disregarding Paris at least.

Last edited by mondays suck; April 23rd, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #46    
Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:01 PM
Roxanne Rosie's Avatar
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lavaridge Town
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
I always wanted to try this game, but I kind suck at the Manage-Your-Own-Family/City/Empire games. Sometime I'll try it out, hopefully soon.
__________________


pairs!
wac!

Reply With Quote
  #47    
Old April 30th, 2011, 07:27 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Don't worry. I hope you get to become a big boy later on. *shot*
With any luck, I will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
Finally got around to continue my shadow game a bit...


In 1310, after an estimated 1500 years of war...
Spoiler:
Genghis Khan has finally managed to capture one city from Joao . Meanwhile, I've been stagnating for centuries, nothing at all apart from me founding a few more cities happened. Economy is still trash, but Joao and Genghis are hopelessly behind and Pacal is only catching up slowly and mainly pursuing cultural techs - while he has 2 cities and 3 are needed for a cultural victory. More good news is that there still is no contact with any other civs, they can't be a lot more advanced. Still I am probably going to lose Liberalism, oh well. So, the plan is to sit on my land, build infrastructure ad nauseum and eventually win space. Yawn. Well, I don't feel like conquering Genghis and the jungles he is drowning in or Joao and his cities that are mostly on hills and having walls or even some person on another continent, the map is just too big for that. Once I've finished expanding I'll be at 40 cities, that'll be far, far more than enough.
Sooo, here we have Russia East...

...and Russia West.

Maybe I should build wealth and research in my cities to get out of the tech hole, but now that Horse Archers are obsolete (then again, Joao, isn't even close to Feudalism yet...), these buildings became are sooo shiny

By the way, I'm pretty sure I've never seen such a religion spread pattern before. Usually everything can spread anywhere, but here that clearly isn't the case. Well, disregarding Paris at least.
Spoiler:
Religion spreads in quite unusual ways in the game.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyskitty View Post
I always wanted to try this game, but I kind suck at the Manage-Your-Own-Family/City/Empire games. Sometime I'll try it out, hopefully soon.
I'd start at Settler difficulty if I were you, then.

----------

Anyways, update time!

Game 1 Update 15: Shweda
gon Paya

Spoiler:



This southern city sorely needs production.


And I have this wonderful building.


This is for those who didn't know what this building does. It's pretty cool. B)


And we'll go straight for the Moai Statues to preemptively give Moscow the extra production speed it'll sorely need later.


I think this was a vote to stop trading with Joao.

End Update 15.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48    
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:11 AM
mondays suck's Avatar
mondays suck
:)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: D
Land > Wonders
Napoleon still can't be trusted, so going for a cultural victory would be heavily relying on luck. Meanwhile, Gandhi sits on your border with probably a horribly insufficient military and enjoys his pretty good land. If you would have invested these wonder hammers into units, either Gandhi would be toast or your western territories could have been reclaimed.
Reply With Quote
  #49    
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:31 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondays suck View Post
Land > Wonders
Napoleon still can't be trusted, so going for a cultural victory would be heavily relying on luck. Meanwhile, Gandhi sits on your border with probably a horribly insufficient military and enjoys his pretty good land. If you would have invested these wonder hammers into units, either Gandhi would be toast or your western territories could have been reclaimed.
I do play way too passively, but those wonders are so shiny and interesting!

And there are still 69 more turns left before we catch up, so I'm going to be grouping "updates" together at times to catch up faster.

----------------------------------

Doing a double update for fun:

Game 1 Update 16: Chichen Itza
Spoiler:



I have completed another wonder.


Yeah, this should help against Napoleon.


Interesting offer, against my better judgement, I'll take it. I could always use more gold and those plantations will come in handy.


My primary goods from the deal.


Interesting offer. What else ya got?


Nothing of interest. I'll go for your original offer.


This will help out economically.


My cities spawn these guys like crazy.


And here's my newest city.


Oh, look, Judaism spread again.

End update 16.


Game 1 Update 17: Technological Acquisitions
Spoiler:



And now the Moai Statues have been completed.


This technology is important. It leads to Liberalism indirectly.


First, though, let's get us a religion.


Now to build an Archer.


Vladivostok will need plenty of culture to pressure any French cities.


How about no?


I think I took this deal. I have a fascination with building Forges.


And now I need to spend time building an Aqueduct in Moscow because of that green face.


And we'll finish off this update with a refusal of Open Borders.

End Update 17.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50    
Old May 9th, 2011, 02:56 PM
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Minny, Minny, USA
Age: 23
Yes, this is an intentional double post to keep the page from loading too slowly.

I'll get an index of "Updates" up in the first post ,within the next week or so.

--------------------------------------

Game1 Update 18: Hagia Sofia! Oh, and an overview.

Spoiler:


South Russia.


North Russia.


West Russia.


Got that Aqueduct done... now what else to build here?


A Colosseum looks like what we need with all that unhappiness.


Now that we have ourselves a Monastery, we should build a Monument to put more cultural pressure on Gandhi's young cities.


And there's another wonder for the wonder tally.


Trust me, this will come in handy.


Now let's get that military built up.

End Update 18. 51 turns until we are caught up.


Game 1 Update 19:
Spoiler:



What the hell is wrong with you?


Fine... I'll give you what you want... this time.


Got an Archer.


Cultural pressure generation?


I think we'll actually just build another Archer.


And now we have a Colosseum in Moscow.


Let's start pumping out some missionaries.


Let's produce yet another Archer.


And now this is up for vote again. I'll vote for myself even though it's not likely I'll win.

End Update 19. 49 turns left to catch up.


We're slowly catching up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:40 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.