The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Lax

Do you own/wear gaming related clothing?

I thought of this today, as I got two free gaming t-shirts from a gadget show I went to the other day.

We all see some people wearing obviously gaming and geeky clothing, but are you one of those people? If you wear a band t-shirt, people don't really look twice, but if you have a Pokemon t-shirt on, you get strange looks, maybe. Why do people get these looks? It is just another form of media, but that is not the question I want to ask.

Do you have any gaming based clothes? If so, which ones? Do you openly wear them or do you feel like it is a little too geeky? Do you wear some subtle clothing or do you not care and have obvious t-shirts/socks/jackets/whatever?

Old April 16th, 2011, 04:43 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I don't have any gaming shirts. I tried to get a black ops one but I didn't win it.

I am more of a collector so anything that is a giveaway I go for anything that is commercial I don't really care about.
Old April 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Jak
where the fairy flies

Nature: Timid
I have a Kingdom Hearts shirt, Halo 3, and a Zelda shirt. I personally think gaming shirts are pretty awesome. I don't like the ones that say generic things or silly puns though. I prefer a shirt to show your love of a game. I looove my Zelda shirt<3 I've gotten tons of compliments on it too.
Old April 16th, 2011, 06:51 PM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter Tier 2

Don't have any gaming shirts, hell I even only have one band t-shirt and I hardly ever wear it anymore... though that's because it doesn't really fit anymore lol. I'm not one to usually wear them. I wouldn't mind it, but I don't actively seek out gaming shirts and whatnot. Come to think of it, all my stuff tends to be pretty plain or design-less.
Old April 16th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Timbjerr
Poison Jab!

Nature: Timid
I have one gaming-related T-shirt...and it pertains to Super Paper Mario, a game I've never played. XD

It was a gift from someone that knew I was a dedicated Nintendo fan so I can't really fault them. XD

Platinum Supporter Timbjerr

"It has a poison sac at its throat. When it croaks, the stored poison is churned for more potency."

Toxicroak

Old April 16th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Akeraz
Winning is Magic

Nature: Calm
I used to have a bunch, but oh well.

I've had my eye on some of the minecraft shirts for a while though...
I want that goddamn creeper t-shirt...

"It's like I'm watching you fly through a window"
Old April 16th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Yoshimi
Good Vibrations

I don't have any clothing related to games as far as I know, and it'll probably stay that way. Geek chique is generally embarrassing, and the only thing I could probably get away with in real life without being called a ♥♥♥ is something with the Gears of War cog on it(strangely enough).
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.

Nature: Modest
I really want to hit the the Valve Merchandise Store, but postage is going to be astronomical. So if anyone knows of an outline in Australia, let me know. Thanks. :cer_nod:
Old April 17th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
I have one with the Guitar Hero logo on but I never wear it.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Nature: Careful
I only wear them if they're actually attractive pieces of clothing. I don't wear things just because they're related to a game I like, I wear them because they're nice clothes.

Which to be honest doesn't happen very often with video game related apparel, but there have been some. I have a nice Brotherhood of Nod shirt, and for some reason girls really seem to like it.
Old April 17th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Dave_
Beginning Trainer

I have a lot of Retro Gamin underwear/socks
Pacman/Space Invaders/Donkey kong, I wear it with pride godammit! =D

Old April 17th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Team Fail
Let It Burn

Nature: Brave
Someone gave me a Castlevania: Portrait of Dawn t-shirt, but I don't have that game. I wear it like all my other clothes, but there are some that I do want, like a Minecraft shirt or a Nintendo-oriented shirt.

Platinum Supporter Team Fail

"It is said that Charizard's fire burns hotter if it has experienced harsh battles."

Charizard

Old April 17th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Kenpokid
Soldier From the Surface

Nature: Adamant
I own both the T-Shirt AND the hoodie for the "Don't make me go Zelda on you" design, and I have several Super Mario Bros. tshirts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane250
I really think the [ROBLOX] admins are not satisfied with breaking the game, they intend to break reality itself.
Old April 17th, 2011, 05:23 PM
Zet

Nature: Jolly
I have a Halo Reach shirt from pre-ordering it but it reminds me more of Assassin's Creed.
Old April 17th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Ambellina
Psychedelic Psychic

Nature: Bashful
Ah, the perks of working at gamestop! I have tons of gaming shirts & even a few from my gears of war clan tourneys! If they're not official shirts, I don't bother with them.
✘Daughter-xxkaylabby
✘Yappy Grandson-The Last One
twitterRaptr
Old April 17th, 2011, 09:29 PM
razzbat
dancer

no but i stick quite a few badges about games on my bag. but there not really noticeable so no one really sees them in public. i get strange looks all the time anyway though, dont know why...

raspberrybat
BLACK FC: 0132 0783 1389
SOUL SILVER FC: 5414 0665 8930

Old April 17th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I want some of the L4D clothing that Valve's made (like a hoodie or something) but it's sooo expensive to ship that I never end up buying. :(

I have a few Pokémon shirts. A general one that I never wear because it looks a bit cheap/bootleg and it embarrasses me a bit but I totally wear my Pikachu shirts all the time. I have a white one with several Pikachu on it and a black one with just a big Pikachu and I'm actually wearing that one right now. :D Aside from these, though, I don't think I have any other VG shirts. Most of the time they tend to be really tacky or lame looking.

I'd have to get fan-made designs to feel not like a douche in public, haha, since those tend to be more tasteful or even more abstract. The abstract ones are excellent because usually they make for a cool shirt regardless of where you are and if there happens to be a fan of the series, it's still recognizable. :D

But I guess mostly all I'd wear are Pokémon shirts lol. I really want the Pikachu shirt they have at Nintendo World right now with Pikachu's face on the front and tail on the back. SO CUTE. ;~;

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Naya Rivera
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter Tier 3

I have a Mario T-Shirt that doesn't get worn much, I don't really like to wear them.

I do however own underwear to, which I do wear, I would post pictures of my beauties but ho ho ho ;)

Team Rocket!
blasting off at the speed of light! surrender now or prepare to fight!
meowth that's right!
wobbuffet!!!

Old April 18th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Xyrin
Furret

Nature: Jolly
I did have a Pokemon shirt once. I was like 6 though... I do have a Sonic the Hedgehog shirt. But I did have a weird experience because this guy was being weird. I also have a lego shirt. I'm thinking about getting a Minecraft T-shirt and a Black ops one.

Furret

The Creeper Hub ~ x - Icons by Anastasia - My Twitter ~ x
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Speed
Skyward

Nature: Quirky
I came into this thread thinking that there was certain clothes to wear while gaming now. xD

I own a Sonic shirt, and a Snowwood hoodie (Earthbound), and I wear them usually. I actually like a lot of the Earthbound clothes on the internet, they look really good, I wish I could buy some more. D:
Old April 18th, 2011, 04:09 PM
institutions
ain't that a kick in the head?

I'm wearing my only gaming-related shirt right now; the Minecraft Creeper one :D

Anyways, I don't try and hide it or anything. I don't care much about my appearance or what people think of me.
Old April 18th, 2011, 06:49 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter Tier 3

I have a jacket with Charizard on the left sleeve, a Pacman shirt,a Sonic shirt, a Sonic hat,and a Mario 3 hat. And I wear all of them regulary (except the Charizard jacket since there's been a lot of warm weather lately).

Old April 18th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Åzurε
Shi-shi-shi-shaw!

Nature: Calm
I don't own any gaming/nerdy t-shirts, but I'd like to have a couple.
As for the "loudness" of the shirts, I prefer subtle or stylized references. I don't like the "walking billboard" stuff. At the very least, it should be funny. Because there's no place like 127.0.0.1.
Old April 20th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Polizard
Awesome Trainer

Nature: Bold
I have a halo Jumper and im not a fan of the series it is just really warm in winter. I have a plain Black jacket with a Charmander patch that covers most of the back, and i have two of the Nerd Shirts from the NERD MACHINE the shop that Zachary Levi Runs. There not really gaming attire but i thought i should mention them.

Pokémon Friend Code: 3754-6716-8065
Not Sure of the Pokémon in my friend Safari.
Old April 20th, 2011, 05:48 AM
.EJ
Arrow<3
Community Supporter Tier 1

I only have one gaming t-shirt xD

It's one of the shirts that show a stick figure playing a game and it says "Not now, I'm busy"
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links