The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 10th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation
Quote:
Originally Posted by phosphate5 View Post
Thanks for all the info... I think I pretty much have the hang of it now :D

Except, one question: What exactly is an "Oren berry"? I used one, but nothing happened :/
Oren berries were introduced in PMD2 Sky, along with other 'lookalike' items. Instead of healing you by 100 HP, it damages you by 10 HP. Lookalike items basically do the opposite of what item it's based from, so be careful
Old April 14th, 2011, 03:28 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Oh
One other question: Are abilities implemented? If not, will they be? (It'd be cool if there was some way to get dream world abilities)

Just to make sure... how does Budew evolve in this game?
Old April 14th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Oh
One other question: Are abilities implemented? If not, will they be? (It'd be cool if there was some way to get dream world abilities)

Just to make sure... how does Budew evolve in this game?
I don't think abilities are implemented yet. Dream world abilities would be pretty cool, but that's a lot of abilities on a single Pokemon (in Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon have both abilities).

And for Budew, I'd say that it evolves by IQ, but I don't think it's implemented either. So it probably only needs the Sun Ribbon to evolve.
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Meh... I asked around on global chat, and apparently the Sun Ribbon is unobtainable... as is the Soothe Bell. Well, that sucks.

A few more questions ( )

1. First of all, is it like in PMD where most moves do the same base damage? As in, do water gun, bubblebeam, surf, etc. have the same power, just different effects?

2. Also, if there's an event (e.g. for Easter), where will the special dungeon be located?

3. How does item trading and stuff work?

4. So far, all the quests I've seen give money as a reward. Will I eventually get quests that give items I need (like evolutionary items)?

5. Some relatively new guides seem to say Ancient Relic no longer exists... if so, what's the final goal in the game that's implemented so far?

6. If Bronzors, Sneasels, or Smoochums are still obtainable, where can they be found?

7. What's Staff Garden?

I'll probably ask more questions as I think of them.

----
Right now, my team is:
Poliwag lv. 26
Mudkip lv. 16
Rattata lv. 19
Oddish lv. 12
(Weedle lv. 10)

Depending on how much the obtainable pokemon have changed since the guides I looked at were made, my plan for a final team could include stuff like:
Houndoom
Breloom
Smoochum/Jynx
Magneton/Magnezone
Bronzong
Sneasel/Weavile

Suggestions?
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Meh... I asked around on global chat, and apparently the Sun Ribbon is unobtainable... as is the Soothe Bell. Well, that sucks.

A few more questions ( )

1. First of all, is it like in PMD where most moves do the same base damage? As in, do water gun, bubblebeam, surf, etc. have the same power, just different effects?

2. Also, if there's an event (e.g. for Easter), where will the special dungeon be located?

3. How does item trading and stuff work?

4. So far, all the quests I've seen give money as a reward. Will I eventually get quests that give items I need (like evolutionary items)?

5. Some relatively new guides seem to say Ancient Relic no longer exists... if so, what's the final goal in the game that's implemented so far?

6. If Bronzors, Sneasels, or Smoochums are still obtainable, where can they be found?

7. What's Staff Garden?

I'll probably ask more questions as I think of them.

----
Right now, my team is:
Poliwag lv. 26
Mudkip lv. 16
Rattata lv. 19
Oddish lv. 12
(Weedle lv. 10)

Depending on how much the obtainable pokemon have changed since the guides I looked at were made, my plan for a final team could include stuff like:
Houndoom
Breloom
Smoochum/Jynx
Magneton/Magnezone
Bronzong
Sneasel/Weavile

Suggestions?
I'm gonna try my best to answer some of these questions the best I can:

1) I'm pretty sure that moves work exactly as they do in PMD, with the power and accuracy rated in stars.

2) I've overheard people taking about that dungeon and that it would probably open on Easter. I think I saw the special dungeon during my explorations. There was a place with a statue that was blocked off with rocks. If so, it's somewhere to the right of Grassroot Town.

3) I think there's a command for trading, but I don't know the specifics.

4)I'm not sure about requests, seeing that I've only done like 5 or so =/ I personally think that the center is too far from the town to repeatedly make visits D=

5) Not sure about that question. Although I'm curious about what happens with that Eevee XD

6) I'm gonna guess that since most of those Pokemon are mountainous in location, that they would be located somewhere in Winden.

7) No idea

For a team, I'd reccomend having the leader as a Pokemon with high HP, and a Pokemon that can walk on water. For example, I sometimes set my Bibarel as leader, and my Wingull can fly across obstacles such as water and lava. Besides that, just carry whatever you'd like, preferably a team with diversity
Old April 29th, 2011, 06:29 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Thanks for the tips

Just wondering... for the Easter event dungeon, what floors are Torchic, Ralts, and Riolu eggs available on?
(I asked on there last week and people told me to find out on my own, but seeing as I'm only allowed to play on saturdays, and for a limited time, it'd be good if someone could tell me first.)
Old April 29th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Thanks for the tips

Just wondering... for the Easter event dungeon, what floors are Torchic, Ralts, and Riolu eggs available on?
(I asked on there last week and people told me to find out on my own, but seeing as I'm only allowed to play on saturdays, and for a limited time, it'd be good if someone could tell me first.)
I'm not really sure. I remember obtaining 4 Mystery Eggs with a friend of mine while in Holiday Cave (although I fainted in Floor 29 ) One hatched into a Pichu, and three became Bad Eggs, which brought up a notice that they would be removed next time I logged in. Not really sure how eggs work.
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Magicsaur
Code Hero

I tried this awhile ago, and I was surprised at how well this is done. Awesome job!

• PROJECT AXIS •
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:53 AM
renekokkie
Dragon Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
i like your idea to create a online game
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:46 PM
Charticuno

PMU is an AMAZING MMO, I have been playing for about 9+ months, and I absolutely love it!
The community is very helpful (staff are there constantly), plus the game itself is very well put together.

I hope you all take a chance and try out the game~
Old June 23rd, 2011, 11:34 AM
Acealo
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Acealo Send a message via Skype™ to Acealo
wow after just reading this i really want to play it. one question, can we form teams with other members, or will be be making teams with npcs.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acealo View Post
wow after just reading this i really want to play it. one question, can we form teams with other members, or will be be making teams with npcs.
You can recruit team members just like you do in the real games. However, you can also team up with other people playing the game and go through dungeons together.
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:28 PM
Ankoku Flare
Artsy Dragon

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ankoku Flare Send a message via Skype™ to Ankoku Flare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsaur View Post
I tried this awhile ago, and I was surprised at how well this is done. Awesome job!
Thanks, I'm glad we ended up with such a wonderful team. Have to admit it was rough at first...

Blog |Deviant Art | YouTube
Old July 30th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Wigeon
Beginning Trainer

I would love to play this!
Unfortunately... every time I try to install it, I get the attached error message. What should I do?

BTW, a thought: maybe give us a single-player option? That would reduce the dependency on the server and allow us to play even when the server is acting up. I don't need the other players (sorry folks), I just want my PMU...
Attached Thumbnails
pmuerror.PNG‎  
Old August 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
AcidicSubstance
Resident Megalo Maniac

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via AIM to AcidicSubstance
at the risk of sounding like an idiot, how do i get the game started? i've installed it, run all the updates and created an account, but no matter what i do, i can never get out of the main menu and into the actual game. clicking the enter button just tells me im already playing
Old August 8th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Joalsses
Beginning Trainer

Hello!
I played MU a long time ago,and I love it.
My only complain is on the movement of the pokémons,you only used one of the 3 poses for walking,and that make us walk in a weird way.But I don't play it for a long time so,maybe
you already changed that

And,Im having trouble downloading the setup,it stopped at 59%

Old August 8th, 2011, 11:52 AM
H i l d a
S p r i t e r

PMU is a great game ~ I've been playing for over 2 years. (:
I don't play much anymore because I'm not the biggest fan of PMU7, and 99% of the old players don't go on much, so I kind of lost motivation to go online. PMU7 is fantastic, but I miss old PMU6.
Thank you for making the game. Over the past couple years, I've met a lot of great friends, and PMU created a lot of unforgetable experiences for me.

If anyone's interested, I'm Appa on PMU.
National Dex///246 - 37 Caught
I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Light/// Zwelious - F - LVL 60
Slither /// Serperior - M - LVL 54
Burn /// Darmanitan - F - LVL 52
Splash /// Simipour - M - LVL 50
Moon /// Absol - F - LVL 50
Spark /// Togekiss - M - LVL 48
x x x x x x x x x x
(From Pokémon Black & White)
Old August 9th, 2011, 01:35 PM
Anuhrima
Darkness and Rebirth

Old August 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Charticuno

@Everyone
Sorry I could not answer all of your bug problems, but the best I can do is redirect you to the PMU forums where you can report your problems. Good Luck~ (Link in my signature).

@Wigeon What kind of error message were you getting?
You can always try reporting the error at the PMU Forums.

@AcidicSubstance
That was a recent bug we were having;I think it should have been fixed by now. If not you can report the problem on forums~

@Joalsses
Lol, I think they walk pretty normal now, but I might be mistaken.
But PMU does have a spriting group working on editing all the walking/idle sprites so they look good! So if they look bad now; they will be edited in the near future.
Sometimes when downloading you have to try a few times. Hopefully it will work soon. D:

@H i l d a
Ohai Appa! Apparently you're famous! xD (you're name came up the other day). But the community has grown exponentially again and is active and thriving. I think it has changed a lot since the beginning of PMU7.
Its true a relatively large group of people didn't return,but there has been a trickle of people returning. OwO
I hope to see you online some time~

@Anuhrima
From the Dojo in town you can get to the Arena, where you can then battle other players!

Last edited by Charticuno; August 9th, 2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: error
Old August 13th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Queefed in yo mouth
Booted out - don't be like me!

Wow, I must say, this game is truly amazing!
The amount of effort that was put in to this game is obvious. Fantastic work!

Some critizism: *The spelling and grammar really needs some work.
*There should be some reminders of what your mission is (like where you have to go to, etc. and maybe some hints.) There were times where I was stuck because I had forgotten where I had to be and was forced to walk through the entire game world to pick up where I had left off.

All in all, the best fan game I've ever tried, and possibly the best there is!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is to the message board designers:

**** you Pokecommunity for making me register just to read the damned Pokemon Raptor EX Walkthrough!!! What the **** is up with that? I should not be forced to sign up just to read a walkthough.

I'm sure someone is probably thinking about writing a lame and indifferent smug little comentary that goes something like this: " It was made by a member of the forum" or "if you don't want to register to read the walkthrough, don't do it!"

Here's why it's retarded: It makes people who are not interested in joining the messageboard fill the member list and the forum with **** like this and/or inactive users.
All it does is piss people off.

And yes, I want to read the walkthrough, ill register to do it ( I have as you can read), all Im saying is that it's a face-in-the-******* tactic to get more members.
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Charticuno

I am glad you have enjoyed the game thus far!
I have to agree, the staff works day and night to fix any problems and to keep the game constantly updated.

I had noticed some grammar/spelling before, but they fixed it when reported. If you could post on the errors on forums they could fix it up,
or you can private message them to me and I will pass it along to some story writers. (They write almost all of the dialogue).

Sorry about your problem with missions; a map is under construction for PMU, but if you go to jobs/missions in your menu it should tell you where that mission is located.
If you have any questions on locations later on, ask in town or in global, someone is usually happy to point you in the right direction.~

Happy playing! =D
Old August 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Uchiha20XX
Swag.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Uchiha20XX
I've been playing this game for a week, and I'm quite satisfied!

I have a question though; is it supposed to autorun every time I turn on my computer? And how can I disable that, because I share a computer with my family, and they don't like having to wait for the game to load and then having to exit out.
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Charticuno

I am glad you are enjoying it! ^-^

I do not believe it should autorun every time you turn on your computer...
I have the game downloaded on 2 of my computers, and it does not autorun.
Maybe check the settings?
If the problem continues you can make a post in the bugs section of the PMU forums~
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Charticuno; August 24th, 2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Double post
Old August 26th, 2011, 04:50 AM
mew²
Helix 4 President!

This looks really amazing o: I have to try it out when I get a new keyboard. c:

Pokemon X - Ricky `~`
FC: 4871 4170 6707
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:43 PM
C0de
Beginning Trainer

Um, for whatever reason when I start out the game, as I attempt to choose a starter my character freezes and refuses to move. No commands work whatsoever on my keyboard and I just end up stuck in a room.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links