The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:20 AM
Pokemon Trainer Touko
春野サクラ ♥

Who is your favorite Pokemon League Champion? Why?

League Champions:

✩ Cynthia
✩ Blue (aka rival)
✩ Lance
✩ N
✩ Alder
✩ Steven
Wallace
✩ Red
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Dave_
Beginning Trainer

Red, because when i faced him I was all like.. You're only there cos I got you there ¬_¬

Old April 19th, 2011, 05:00 AM
The Sly Fox
Community Supporter

I like Lance the best because he was a challenge for me, mainly because I suck at fighting dragon types.
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:02 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
Out of those, I liked Red, N, Alder and Cynthia the most.
Red, Alder and Cynthia were a refreshing challenge, and N is just cool. xD;
Old April 19th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Cynthia and Steven for me. Cynthia for the reason that she is the only female champion and also has a lovely design. :p Steven's Steel type Pokemon are just plain awesome. I tend to forget that Red is a champion too; I think of him only as R/B/Y's protagonist. XD;;
Old April 19th, 2011, 06:45 AM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Cynthia, without a doubt. Yes, her design is awesome and she's the first female champion... but I also love that the character is interested in myths and legends. I also like that it's implied she started her journey as a Pokedex holder, and helped Rowan in the same fashion the main characters do.

Alder is a close second. He's got a really cool design, kinda looks like an "old man who knows of many things" haha. With all that history behind him, it sounds like he's probably got quite an interesting past that I'd love to hear about (especially his deceased Pokemon partner.)
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:12 AM
Black Mage
Master of the Elements
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
Red, because when i faced him I was all like.. You're only there cos I got you there ¬_¬
This response is almost as cute as you. :3

And my favorite Champion will always be Cynthia. She's smart, cool, collected, awesome Pokemon and nice design.

Moving this to General Pokemon Gaming though since it doesn't really encompass all aspects of the franchise.
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Anna
Mad Queen
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I totally always adored Steven, even though I never faced him as Champion. He's... pretty badass.

- Aquacorde Themes -

- Aqua/Magma Fanclub -

- RT/AH Fanclub -

- RWBY Fanclub -

- Watch-Along Club -

- Pairs - Family - Lovelies -

- Theme - Av Art - Sig Gif -

The Choice Is Made
The Task Is Set
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Edsbob
TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE

Nature: Relaxed
I liked Red, because you always got that rush of nostalgia when fighting him. +EXP
I liked Blue a lot too. You knew that you were three minutes away from becoming the Champion and shutting him up for good when you fought against him as the Champion. +EXP
I also liked Cynthia because of her character (though her talks could sometimes become lengthy, she always had a point to what she was talking about), and the fact that she gives you a Togepi for your dex.

As for Lance, he's my favourite because of the annoying dragons that would prompt you to teach your Pokemon ice moves, the flowing cape, his facial expressions in Pokemon Stadium 2 ("Dragonite for the win!") and...
"DRAGONITE, HYPER BEAM!"
I'm surprised the guy in Mahogany Town still had a face after that.
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:37 AM
PuntingYoshi
Squirtle>Mudkip

Definitely Red.
Just because as a kid, my friends and I were never able to beat him. It was always so fun to get together, and get everyone to go at him at once, to see if one of us would beat him. Eventually, we did, as we grew older, and knew more.
Does anyone else think it would suck to be Golem? He starts off as Geodude, with no legs, then evolves into Graveler, gets legs, AND another set of arms. Then, some jerk trades him, and he loses two arms. That would suck.
Old April 19th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
My favorites were Lance and Steven. They had the most badass Pokémon at the time and I always found it to be kind of a challenge to beat them. Plus they both fought alongside you kinda at one point, which was awesome and I wished it happened more often with important non-rival characters. :C
Old April 19th, 2011, 10:36 AM
NamelessGuy
<Insert Witty Title Here>

I'd say it's a three-way tie between Cynthia, Alder, and Lance.

Cynthia is awesome because she's undeniably beautiful.

Alder reminds me of Chuck Norris. Therefore, he automatically gets high creds.

Lance... uses Dragon-types. That gets him brownie points as well.

White Friend Code: 1162-9972-8722

Proud creator of Divinity and Dissonance: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249951

Proudly involved in:
The Semi-Centennial Grand Tournament
Realm of Darkness
Divinity and Dissonance
Pokemon: Perfect Being Delta

~Happily paired with DarkAngel91~
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:06 AM
ElectricPrincess
Electric Lover

Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom (Proud to be Scotish & British)
I personaly liked Cynthia for being the only female champion and I like Lance a lot because I just like the idea of Dragon-Types being the hardest type to beat and thus the Champion should use them. I also love N, he's just so sweet and cool.
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Kip
Highpaw!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Rash
Red.

I mean... wow. After all those smarmy, wimpy trainers that spout many words at you about winning, losing, giving you annoying advice about life, the universe and everything, here comes a guy that says nothing and proceeds to systematically pummel you.

Just because he is pure epicness. You know when that music starts, you're in serious trouble. Even if you have Lv. 100's there is still a chance he'll beat you.

"In America, Red beats you.
In Soviet Russia, Red still beats you."

Although, when you play as Red, then it has to be Blue (sometimes known as Gary Motherf**kin Oak - "Kanto has 8 badges - he has 10".). Again - the music is pretty epic, more epic than Red's unfortunately (since I think GameFreak messed up a little on the HG/SS remix). The FR/LG remix of the Champion theme was superb for a GBA game.

Last edited by Kip; April 19th, 2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Steven for me. I like both his design as well as his team: a challenging battle and a trainer worthy of Champion status. I've never really been bothered about the 'storyline' of the games so much, so other Champions' involvement in that doesn't really bother me that much, to be honest. If I played DPPt, I might have said Cynthia, as from what I've read of her team on Bulbapedia, she seems like a real tough cookie!
Old April 19th, 2011, 01:07 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
N is Champion? I searched it on Bulbapedia and he is not shown under Champions. Sure he beat Alder, but I don't think it was for the Championship title, but more to show everyone his power so they would release their pokemon. And even if he was Champion heck no his philosophical bs is so annoying.

As for my favorite Champ it would be Red(former Champ upon facing him) for Nostalgia sake. Guy has all 3 Kanto starters! And Uberchu what is not too like.

Also topic needs moar poll.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old April 19th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Seeds Horizon
Gotta love that feeling~

Nature: Naughty
Torn between N and Lance. N I loved because of his ideals and how he went through fire and brimstone for everyone to know of his ideals and to go by the, how he stood up for what he believed in..And how easy he was XD. Lance because Dragon types are my second favorite pokemon, behind Grass types <3 Just gotta luuuuurve how overpowered they seem and how they can easily 1HK0 you if your not careful, and he was quite a challenge to beat as well..Plus Dragons look sick (most of em at least) <333.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
N is Champion? I searched it on Bulbapedia and he is not shown under Champions. Sure he beat Alder, but I don't think it was for the Championship title, but more to show everyone his power so they would release their pokemon. And even if he was Champion heck no his philosophical bs is so annoying.

As for my favorite Champ it would be Red(former Champ upon facing him) for Nostalgia sake. Guy has all 3 Kanto starters! And Uberchu what is not too like.

Also topic needs moar poll.
(Sorry for double post..T_T)

N was a champion, he DID beat Alder, albeit not being champion for very long, yet he still WAS champion, and im pretty sure the game even said it..Just because some stupid FAN made website says doesnt means its true. . Sorry again for double posting..

Ultimate Monotype Challenge- Electric
Yellow/ Crystal/Emerald/Diamond

Last edited by Seeds Horizon; April 19th, 2011 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Steven, if only because of his little Sandstorm/Spikes strategy that I have often emulated in the days since.

I swear that Skarmory of his is what instilled my current hatred of the annoying metal bird into me...and don't even get me started on his Metagross. D:

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
pokehearts
I like trains.

Nature: Naive
Blue
I haven't faced him yet, but the video's I've seen are awesome. When I heard his theme was in B/W I listened to it, and it ROCKED!

Friend Codes:
White 2: 2538 1585 2551

The unofficial Train Master of the Pokecommunity
Old April 19th, 2011, 02:44 PM
ISA56 2.0
The one and only!

Nature: Jolly
Cynthia is the best Champ ever! Her teams in D/P/P and B/W are awesome, not to mention her ENTIRE FREAKIN' TEAM has 31 IVs in EVERYTHING. She also is one of the few Champions who actually knows stuff about the Teams and Legendaries, even knowing a little bit about freaking ARCEUS, supposedly the God of Pokemon.

Her design is awesome, too. She's even wearing a Badass Longcoat!
Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Old April 19th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Did it ever say Champion N in his title? No it said Team Plasma N, and him being Champ(even if he is considered officially Champ) is instantly devalued even if he was official since he used a Legendary of the caliber of Zekrom/Reshiram against Alder(imo). Blue just got done beating Lance, but he was still titled Champion Blue, so if N was Champ for the slightest time I think he would have the title of Champ.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old April 19th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Maggazone
Shiny Collector

Nature: Brave
Thats hard but i'd have to say N because he's awesome, i mean who doesn't like green hair?
Old April 19th, 2011, 10:26 PM
syotipoke
Nub3r Whatever

Nature: Rash
Umm, I'd say Steven and Red. Red's team is just awesome. Steven's team of Steel-types justs appeal to me somehow.
Old April 20th, 2011, 04:45 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I wouldn't count N as a champion because even though he beat Alder, he didn't do it in an offical League battle.

Anyway, Cynthia is my favorite champion because she appeared in 2 generations in a row. Alder comes in a close second because of his Yugi Muto-esque hair.

Old April 20th, 2011, 04:55 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Cynthia. She's the first female champion and (especially in Platinum) she has an extremely balanced team.

Steven also gets props because his team has tons of resistances. And Lance gets points just because he sports a cape.

Most of the rest are meh, but Red (and me considering him a "champion" is really stretching it) was the least impressive of the lot. His strength only comes from Rare Candy abuse.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP