• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon: Glaucous Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo-Spriteman

or goloog. that works too.
Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Pokémon: Glaucous Version: Postponed until further notice

Welcome to the Pokemon: Glaucous Version Thread!
Information
Neo-Spriteman
Author
Team Alpha
Team
Venom12
Scripting
Beta release soon.
Releases
Intro
First off, I would like to say that this is a Fan Game; Not a hack. This is totally non-profit, and I am in no way affiliated with Nintendo or Game Freak. My name is Justin, or Neo-Spriteman, and I have wanted to make a game for 2 years now. I've been fiddling around with RMXP for that time period, and I think I'm ready to make a game! So without further ado, I present Pokemon Glaucous!

Special Features

Fakemon
New characters
Return of Team Galactic
New Fakedex
New Mini-Games
Some Pokemon have different typings and movesets.
Tons of custom scripts
Lots more!

Story

Enter the region of Alpha, where you, an average schoolboy lives. A mysterious group called "Team Plasma" have begun running amok and have separated the two Yin-Yang dragons. But, All hope is not lost, and the no longer dormant Kyurem has selected you to re unite Reshiram and Zekrom so that the world may be at peace again.

Quests

Quests are available after the first Gym Leader id defeated. Quests allow you to obtain rare Pokemon that could never be caught in the wild.

Alpha Region

The Alpha Region is a grassland like region with many caves that sprawl around. It is to the north of Unova.

You live in Saplef Town, where the trainer school is located.
Images

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Characters

Protagonists

Terrance.png
Male Hero.
Selelna.png
Female Heroine.

Antagonists

Team Plasma​
Progress

Storyline: 30%
Maps: 5%
Fakemon: 10%
Trainers: 80%
Over worlds: 25%

Team

Spoiler:

Credits

Tiles: EpicDay
UltimoSpriter
BoOmxBiG
Spaceemotion
Kyledove
Scripts: -FL-
CSS: Pichuichu
Recruiting

Idealist
Concept Artist

Spoiler:

Last edited:

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
so your the guy, xxDarkDrakkenxx is helping, out.
could you explain this text to me "new pokemon and old flames" old flames?
what does that mean, just asking, so anyways, your game seems pretty good so far, you've got nice clean maps, the screen where oak, is calling you a paperboy, made me lol so hard.
so far good game dude, i cant say much more, cause i cant see much, keep up the good work.
flamemaster~

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Really nice-looking! The fakemon in the intro and the hero are well-sprited. The plot seems pretty bland and predictable, though, which is disappointing.

I advise you to get a scripter soon, or teach yourself, because it's extremely difficult to make a game without one!

Also: please give credit for your CSS. Thanks. ;D

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
so your the guy, xxDarkDrakkenxx is helping, out.
could you explain this text to me "new pokemon and old flames" old flames?
what does that mean, just asking, so anyways, your game seems pretty good so far, you've got nice clean maps, the screen where oak, is calling you a paperboy, made me lol so hard.
so far good game dude, i cant say much more, cause i cant see much, keep up the good work.
flamemaster~
Okay, This means that Team Galactic is back. They are old flames.

looks good. I can't wait to see your female heroine.
Thanks. I've got her design done. I'm working on the sprite.

Really nice-looking! The fakemon in the intro and the hero are well-sprited. The plot seems pretty bland and predictable, though, which is disappointing.

I advise you to get a scripter soon, or teach yourself, because it's extremely difficult to make a game without one!

Also: please give credit for your CSS. Thanks. ;D
Thanks for the comment and advice!

Last edited:

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Story is decent in my opinion. I really like the sprite of the Fakemon, though.

The only real problem i see is that the trainer sprites don't look good. They aren't bad, just not what I'd call good. No offense to the spriter.

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Story is decent in my opinion. I really like the sprite of the Fakemon, though.

The only real problem i see is that the trainer sprites don't look good. They aren't bad, just not what I'd call good. No offense to the spriter.
Any ideas on how to make it look better?

lx_theo

Game Developer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Any ideas on how to make it look better?

Well, the main issues I see are some of the proportions and shapes seems a bit off.

Like the legs for the main protagonist seem a bit small and thin for him, and the head and legs of the first Galactic sprite on other ends of too small and too big respectively. Those are the biggest ones I noticed

If you/whoever sprited them scratched sprited the first one, I do give major props. I don't scratch sprite, instead, in order to keep structure proportional and looking good and real, I usually combine official sprites and edit them to no end until I get what I want. Yours here looks good, but also not quite styled like pokemon imo.

Any problems I see and mentioned are things that I see as just off. If those could be worked out, then the sprites (especially the main character sprite) could look great.

Last edited:

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Well, the main issues I see are some of the proportions and shapes seems a bit off.

Like the legs for the main protagonist seem a bit small and thin for him, and the head and legs of the first Galactic sprite on other ends of too small and too big respectively. Those are the biggest ones I noticed

If you/whoever sprited them scratched sprited the first one, I do give major props. I don't scratch sprite, instead, in order to keep structure proportional and looking good and real, I usually combine official sprites and edit them to no end until I get what I want. It looks good, but also not quite styled like pokemon imo.

Any problems I see and mentioned are things that I see as just off. If those could be worked out, then the sprites (especially the main character sprite) could look great.
Thank you for the tips. And yes, xxDarkDrakkenxx did sprite the protagonist from scratch.

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
Really? That's everything?

Sheesh, woulda thought I'd get more feedback.

Really? That's everything?

Sheesh, woulda thought I'd get more feedback.

Last edited:

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
you've got to be patient about these things, you have'nt shown usmuch game, and this part of the forum, isnt that active.
so keep on trucking.
all i've got to say is your story is very generic, "eval team wants to get legendary pokemon, so they can rule the world, and you set out on journey and fight them with pogeymans." tthats all i gotta say
flamemaster~

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
That fakemon looks really good. Looks like an official nintendo one. (it might me, i don't know, don't pay much attention to new generations)

I don't know what to think about Retyping old pokemon... Seems like you're making a lot of them half fighting. and some of the choices don't make sense-

like octillery, it only learns one psychic move, but thats psybeam. octilery learns beams of all kinds, including singal beam(bug), bullet seed(grass), aurora and ice beams(ice), even rock blast(rock). giving it a half psychic typing makes no sense.

Neo-Spriteman

Years
  • Age 26
  • MD
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
you've got to be patient about these things,Very true. you have'nt shown us much gameWill be updated shortly., and this part of the forum, isn't that active.Also true.[/B
so keep on trucking.
all i've got to say is your story is very genericWorking on that., "evil team wants to get legendary pokemon, so they can rule the world, and you set out on journey and fight them with pogeymans." tthats all i gotta say
flamemaster~

That fakemon looks really good. Looks like an official nintendo one. (it might me, i don't know, don't pay much attention to new generations)Yeah, Veenerick is an amazingly talented spriter.

I don't know what to think about Retyping old pokemon... Seems like you're making a lot of them half fighting.Noticed that. Will reconsider them. and some of the choices don't make sense-

like octillery, it only learns one psychic move, but thats psybeam.Octillery wasn't my wisest choice. octilery learns beams of all kinds, including singal beam(bug), bullet seed(grass), aurora and ice beams(ice), even rock blast(rock). giving it a half psychic typing makes no sense.

Thanks for the criticism, everyone. Comments in bold.

zZJoennZz

What da!?
Years
I like the characters but the boy trainer's left leg kinda out of place, it's too thin compare to other but I like your idea so keep it up.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
The sprites look really good, it's a bit of a shame to see that the story is bland and unoriginal.

Also I'm not to fond of the type changes you've made. Some are okay like changing Ninetales to Fire/Psychic. But giving Sandslash an additional steel type and changing Lopunny's type to normal/Psychic? That doesn't make much sense, at least not to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back