The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2011, 03:56 PM
jamsoolee
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Your newer team is actually a lot better than the original, since Lapras can learn Thunderbolt and Thunder, it's not losing much, however, I do think that Arcanine can be done without, maybe replace for a Grass type? Vileplume, Victreebel etc, it'll give you more coverage.
Okay, so replace Pidgeot with Aerodactyl. and replace Arcanine with a grass type... Which do you suggest? Vileplume or Victreebel?

EDIT: Did some research, Vileplume has better SP. DEF, SP. ATK, and DEF, but Victreebel has better speed, ATK, and HP. And how would Exegguctor do?

Last edited by jamsoolee; April 16th, 2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Were not aloud to give out AR codes here, your best bet is to just Google it. \:

First of all please read before you respond, I DID google.
Second, yes you are people have given me cheat code help here before without complaining. And I am not looking for AR I am looking for Gameshark, once again please read.

My screenshot album
http://pinterest.com/darknesswithin/pokemon-games/

Last edited by Liquid Halo; April 19th, 2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Sydian
revolution

Nature: Timid
Quote:
First of all please read before you respond, I DID google.
Second, yes you are people have given me cheat code help here before without complaining. And I am not looking for AR I am looking for Gameshark, once again please read.
Look, how about you read instead. I know it's kinda off that the rules are in PGC, but they cover this whole board (General Pokemon Gaming Discussions). So I don't know who gave you AR/GS codes before, but they were breaking the rules and should have been reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGD Rules
Do Not Ask For Or Give Out Action Replay/GameShark Codes
- Once again, please use Google for codes. We're not gonna risk messing your game up. Discussion on the use of AR/GS and opinions are perfectly fine, provided that no one is giving out codes.
If you need to read more, please refer here. But just know, dragonomega was not in the wrong here, so no need to get upset with him. Like I said, whoever gave you AR/GS codes before shouldn't have done that.

Play the game to change the game
Old April 20th, 2011, 02:09 AM
SonicTH
Crazy Sonic and Poke-fan

Send a message via Skype™ to SonicTH
Guys, what trick can be done in Emerald ver. without cheating? I heard it from my friend

-welcome to my and my friend's site!
Old April 20th, 2011, 04:29 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTH View Post
Guys, what trick can be done in Emerald ver. without cheating? I heard it from my friend
One that I can think of is when you put a Pokemon in the Day Care and then go to one of the sand hills that you need the Mach Bike for and then go to it so you can get up and fall down again. You then way down the up button on your game so it goes up and down automatically. Because each time you go up is a step, your Pokemon get raised in the Day Care. It works in R/S but I'm not 100% about Emerald.
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:43 PM
SpeedzSterzz
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quiet
When you finish EV training ( 510 all up ) are you allowed to train on pokemon trainers? Or do trained pokemon give away EV's too?

Thanks guys.
Old April 20th, 2011, 10:55 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedzSterzz View Post
When you finish EV training ( 510 all up ) are you allowed to train on pokemon trainers? Or do trained pokemon give away EV's too?

Thanks guys.
Once your Pokemon has all its EVs you can battle any Pokemon and not get anymore, so yes you can train on other trainers.
Old April 21st, 2011, 08:28 AM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Nature: Impish
Dark-type moves are counted as physical, right?
Old April 21st, 2011, 09:12 AM
Sydian
revolution

Nope, they're special in this generation.

Old April 21st, 2011, 10:59 AM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Nature: Impish
D: So...are there any Pokemon that give out Special Attack EVs in the beginning of the game?
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:13 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Hi, my apologies because this is kind of a stupid question but it's been quite a long time; in Leaf Green/Fire Red on the S.S Anne where is there a room for healing?

My screenshot album
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Sydian
revolution

First level of the boat, in the umm...well, there's a girl in there who will rest them for you. I want to say it's the room directly in front of you when you walk on board. If not, I think it's to the left or that room. /fuzzy memory

Old April 24th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Halo View Post
Hi, my apologies because this is kind of a stupid question but it's been quite a long time; in Leaf Green/Fire Red on the S.S Anne where is there a room for healing?
There's a woman on the first floor that will heal all your Pokémon to full health. She's in the second room. I don't really have a map on me right now, so I can't really tell you anything further from that, but I'm sure you'll be able to find her...

@Neiko Star:

In Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald? Well, there are Ralts...But good luck training off those rare fellows... Oddish give out Special Attack EV's too. But uh, that's pretty much in a long shot.
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

@Neiko Star: On Route 116, out of Rustboro City's East exit, Abra have a 10% chance of appearing, and they give 1 Special Attack EV.

That's the most reliable early one (6% higher chance than Ralts xD).
Old April 24th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrodkirby86 View Post
There's a woman on the first floor that will heal all your Pokémon to full health. She's in the second room. I don't really have a map on me right now, so I can't really tell you anything further from that, but I'm sure you'll be able to find her...
I have thank you very much.

My screenshot album
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:50 PM
ausnick
Beginning Trainer

quick question,

I just wanna know if theres any GBA hacks for remakes of Gev IV games? like black/white for example.

I'd really like to play 5th gen poke-games but using GBA/VBA format... I hate DS.
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Sydian
revolution

Sorry, but this thread is for asking for help with RSE/FRLG games. You'll just have to check the Hacks Showcase in the Emulation forum if you wanna find some hacks.

Old April 25th, 2011, 06:42 PM
ausnick
Beginning Trainer

ty dragonomega.

and lol @ my epic romannumerical fail
Old April 25th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Sydian
revolution

Quote:
First of, Generation 5 is V in Roman numerals. :(

Secondly, there is none on this site. There maybe a few Gen V Pokemon inserted into random games, but unfortunately there is no full on Gen V hacks.

Sorry. :x
Just wanna point out that after I've stated that this is the wrong thread to ask where to find hacks, you shouldn't come in with an answer like this. I understand you were trying to help, but it was more like you were overriding what I've already said, and thus people will assume it's okay to ask about hacks if people are going to answer over what I've stated already.

Old April 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM
ManuMaster654
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
Hi people.

I wanna know:
¿Is possible to travel to Kanto in Pokemon Emerald? ¿Or to other place, apart of the Battle Frontier?
Old April 26th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuMaster654 View Post
Hi people.

I wanna know:
¿Is possible to travel to Kanto in Pokemon Emerald? ¿Or to other place, apart of the Battle Frontier?
Nope, only HeartGold and SoulSilver allow you to travel the Kanto region as a huge add on brought from GSC. Unfortunate to your luck, the only other place you can travel to in Emerald is the Battle Frontier really. :c

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old April 27th, 2011, 11:12 AM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
I recently got the dreaded "internal battery has run dry" message on my Sapphire Version. I was planning to play through it again sometime soon and would like to know if anyone had the full list of "time based events" which are affected by the fact that there is no longer a running clock.

Old April 27th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Sydian
revolution

-Shoal Cave tides
-Berry growth
-Department store sales
-Berry man in Lilycove
-TM man in Pacifidlog
-Berry girl in Sootopolis
-Basically anyone that gives you a Berry or something daily, lol

I think that's most of them.

Old April 28th, 2011, 01:53 PM
xelliotx
Beginning Trainer

I have fire red for DS, well I play it on a DS, how can I trade pokemon with leaf green to evolve them as there's no wireless?
Old April 28th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Unfortunately, you can't do any multiplayer functions for Game Boy Advance games using the DS. Here's a statement Nintendo.com released about it in their FAQ:

Quote:
  • What it can play:
  • Game Boy Advance games in single-player mode only
  • Game Boy Advance videosWhat it cannot play:
  • Original Game Boy or Game Boy Color games
  • Game Boy Advance games in multi-player modeWhy there are limitations:
    There are two main reasons that the Nintendo DS is not compatible with older software. For one, the system is designed for wireless play and lacks a link cable port. Because older games aren't designed to use the wireless features, they can't communicate for multiplayer games.
    Also, the Nintendo DS lacks the special processor that is required to play these games. Because of the age of the processor, and the difficulty in adding that processor to an already highly complicated architecture, the processor was not included in the final design of the DS.
And the source. http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sys...aq.jsp#gameboy

Sorry about that!

If you still want your Pokémon to evolve or something, you can always migrate them over to a Diamond/Pearl game. Of course, this unfortunately doesn't help you in your situation of having them on the Pokédex in FireRed/LeafGreen, nor having them at all, really...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links