The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets

Notices

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

Advertise here

Old April 20th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here

Team Beta!

As you all will know by now, I fail at titles, u_u This team focuses on switching in on certain moves to power up themselves. Credits to the amazing .Aero for the amazing CSS. <3

Building Progression

So, I wanted a decent lead without many weaknesses, that could use Stealth Rock and could toss a status effect around? Who can do this? Bronzong! Gyro ball can cut through lead Tyranitar's. Plus he can survive a Crit Fire Blast from the wannabe Dino.

I had been wanting to use a more bulkier Zapdos for a while now, so I thought why not use it in this team, sure it worked out Ok for a few battles, but after a while, it was shut down too easily, and I decided to change it to the Life Orb set, which now has more use. Heat Wave deals with Steel, Grass and Ice types, the last of who would maul Zapdos

Now, I had a lead, plus a special sweeper, but with Bronzong taking damage from Fire attacks, I wanted a Pokemon who could eliminate that threat. I give you, Jellicent.

Now, I wanted even more Fire cover after running into more Fire moves, so I decided on the Flame Charge Heatran set, switching into a Fire move and raising his own Fire power, then using FC to raise it's mediocre speed, it turn's him into a fierce sweeper.

I now noticed that after playing around with this team that Jellicent was a lightning rod, which was bad, because I had Starmie's, Rotom and other electric beasts zapping me, I decided to take an interesting approach and stuck in Motor Drive Electivire, who has proved useful time after time.

Finally, I decided that after having my ass handed to me by a choice specs Porygon - Z that I would try it out, it was a nice addition and had a few wins under it's belt.

After playing around with my new toy, I found that he was smacked down by Fighting moves, Jellicent already being damaged from previous moves, I decided upon another ghost, but not any ghost, a fast, powerful ghost, Gengar.

A Closer Look

Description

Bronzong honestly can take a beating, surviving SE crits from his threats and then bouncing right back with Earthquake is beast! :3 Also being a nice Fire lure for Heatran isn't bad either. He isn't around for long though, usually lasting about 3-4 SE hits and 2 SE Hits (If the first was a Crit) Hypnosis is just for fun so I can switch safely.

Bronzong@Leftovers
Sassy Nature [+SpD; -Spe]
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 80 Atk / 92 SpD / 0 Speed Iv's
- Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Gyro Ball

Description

Zapdos is my lil' Sweeper, destroying anything that doesn't resist Electric moves with Thunderbolt, Dragon & Ground types fall to HP Ice, Scizor, Ferrothorn and other Steel types die to it's Heat Wave attack, Roost to heal of damage, and also screw's with Rock and Ice moves who think there gonna get a SE hit on it, without knowing it loses it's flying type.

Zapdos@Life Orb
Timid Nature [+Spe; -Atk]
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Description

Jellicent is one hell of a special wall, as anyone who has ever used a Jellicent will know, anyway. It can switch in on Water moves directed at Heatran and can shut down Rotom - W It think's it can slip in an electric attack, and bam, Electivire switches in. Will-O-Wisp can cripple physical sweepers who think they can target it's weak defense, which is backed up by a mountain of HP. Recover to shake any crap I take of, Shadow ball to mess with other Ghosts who try to break my Special defense, and for Psychics. Surf for a nice STAB and to hurt Ground/Rock types. I may consider using Taunt over SB but it's been working fine.

Jellicent@Leftovers
Bold Nature [+Def; -Atk]
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 SpD
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Surf
- Will-O-Wisp

Description

Heatran, part two of my switch in team, taking the fire moves that are directed at Bronzong, and charging himself up, I decided to go for the Flame Charge set, since Heatran is one of my main sweepers, he needs all the help he can get, losing a slot for a Flame Charge wasn't that bad. I also use him for a Switch in on Electivire, Ground moves won't hurt him. I decided to use Heat Wave over Fire Blast for the accuracy increase, and the burn increase.

Heatran@Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Flame Charge
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Description

The final part of the switch in trio. Taking the Electric attacks that are directed towards Jellicent and taking them for it's own speed raising abilities. After a +1 He can out speed his main threats such as Garchomp (None-Scarfed) and strike back with a 4x Effective, Expert belt boosted Ice Punch, Electivire isn't a top tier OU Pokemon, but by any means is he Low tier. Fire Punch is to deal with steels that get in my way, namely Scizor and Ferrothorn. Cross Chop was for Rock types and Heatran, who would receive a boost from Fire Punch, Wild charge is for a huge STAB that Electivire desperately needed.

Electivire@Expert Belt
Jolly [+Spe; -Spa]
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop
- Fire Punch

Description

Gengar; who was originally Porygon - Z adds more help to the switch in trio, providing more ground resistance for Electivire. Standard LO set with a few moves changed around; Shadow ball for a huge STAB. Focus Blast for Steel types, Thunderbolt for Water and Flyers, and Psychic for Poison types. With his huge speed he can outspeed many Pokemon, I was thinking a Choice scarf would do good for him, but LO has provided better support, although it does take away health.

Gengar@Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here