The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted April 21st, 2011 (08:20 PM).
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Deinos appear inside the caves of Victory Road, the 1st and 3rd floors to be exact. For max results with level, have your lead Pokemon with Hustle so the level will be pleasantly high (most of the time). Though really, you probably don't need a Hustler in the lead since the only Deino you'll be seeing are 38-40.

And if you have a Heart Scale to burn, then I'd say do it. Quiver Dance is a really awesome stat-up move. It doesn't really matter if all the Pokemon you encounter with it just die anyway in one hit, but Quiver Dancing's really powerful if it's used nicely. xD Heart Scales shouldn't be too hard to grab, since there's plenty of opportunities with the TM girl and the Sweet Hearts trader.
Old Posted April 21st, 2011 (09:47 PM). Edited April 21st, 2011 by justinlittle18.
justinlittle18
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I got another moveset question, about my Krookodile. It currently knows:
Toxic
Crunch
Earthquake
Outrage

What should I replace Toxic with? I thought about Brick Break or Swords Dance, but I'm not sure.

Name: Justin
White FC: 0905-2291-6452
Old Posted April 21st, 2011 (10:32 PM).
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Swords Dance isn't a bad idea.

You can also try using Bulk Up to get your Krookodile even more impervious to anyone using Physical attacks. That'd work wonders if it's paired with Intimidate.

With Moxie, things will be awesome if you got your Krookodile sweeping the floor against your opponent's Pokemon. You won't be needing to set up as much ~
Old Posted April 21st, 2011 (11:06 PM).
justinlittle18
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrodkirby86 View Post
Swords Dance isn't a bad idea.

You can also try using Bulk Up to get your Krookodile even more impervious to anyone using Physical attacks. That'd work wonders if it's paired with Intimidate.

With Moxie, things will be awesome if you got your Krookodile sweeping the floor against your opponent's Pokemon. You won't be needing to set up as much ~
Hm.. it has Intimidate, but I think I'm gonna go with Swords Dance thanks

Well, it can't use Swords Dance lol. So I guess I'll go with Bulk Up

Old Posted April 21st, 2011 (11:09 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlittle18 View Post
Hm.. it has Intimidate, but I think I'm gonna go with Swords Dance thanks
IIRC, Krookodile can't learn Swords Dance. You'll have to use Bulk Up (or Hone Claws if you have an inaccurate move)

Old Posted April 21st, 2011 (11:17 PM).
justinlittle18
Beginning Trainer

I think Bulk Up would be best.

There's something I've been kinda confused about for a long time.. Vitamins. I know they raise Effort Values up to the first 100, but what does that mean? What's the first 100? Does that mean that you can only use 10 vitamins on each stat?

Old Posted April 21st, 2011 (11:21 PM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinlittle18 View Post
I think Bulk Up would be best.

There's something I've been kinda confused about for a long time.. Vitamins. I know they raise Effort Values up to the first 100, but what does that mean? What's the first 100? Does that mean that you can only use 10 vitamins on each stat?
Basically, you can use up to 10 of the same vitamin on a Pokemon. But if your Pokemon already has accumulated EVs of a certain type, and they're not up to 100 EVs, you can still use vitamins, but they won't work anymore if that stat has 100 EVs or more. If your Pokemon has, say, 64 Attack EVs, you can only give it 4 more Proteins before you can't give anymore..

Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (01:59 AM).
Apex
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Brave
Can someone help with dream world because every time i try and get and account where it says enter where your from and your DoB. i do it then click continue and it puts me on the same page? help it keeps happening :/

- Apex -
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (02:23 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Okay, this is a complex question:

I have no saved data on Pokémon Black (No "Continue" option on the main menu). I went onto the main menu and downloaded the current Mystery Gift event (Liberty Ticket).
If I select "New Game", and start playing, will the delivery man appear in the Pokémon Center, or would I then have to re-download the event?

Please, make sure you actually are certain of the answer to this before answering, as today is the last day the event is available, but I do not want to play Black at the moment, I'll probably start again in May, when it'd be too late.
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (02:34 AM).
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
If you download the Liberty Ticket event, the man will be there in the Pokemon Centre. You can't actually use it until you get to Castelia, but you can get the ticket off him and hang onto it.
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (02:36 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Even though I don't currently have save data?

I think you probably mean that, but I just want to be absolutely certain.
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (02:39 AM).
Kratosx
Flareon Master

Nature: Modest
Im 100% certain you can download the ticket to the game that has no saved file, I started a new run yesterday and downloaded the ticket before starting the new game and could pick it up at the poke center just make sure to delete the old save file 1st then download the ticket

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (03:18 AM).
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
I'd recommend starting the game now, going to the first Pokemon Centre and grabbing the ticket, just in case. You can always pick the game up later and do the actual event, but I'd play it safe on the actual getting of the Liberty Pass/Ticket/Billete/whatever the hell it is I don't remember.
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (03:38 AM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Cool4Mewtwo View Post
I have a panpour that I used to defeat the 1st gym... is it worth keeping for E4?
Besides Oshawott (which you don't have access to anyways) Panpour/Semipour is the BEST Water type in the game, sure it starts to lack around the 2n gym but once it get's Scald and the Water Stone, it starts to pick up some weight. It can also get neat Water / Grass Coverage with Grass Knot, and belive it or not it can learn the alimighty Acrobatics, argueably the best move In-Game. It also get's Focus Blast to deal with pesky Steels and Darks. Semipour may not what it takes Type Wise, but it makes up for it with awesome coverage.
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (07:58 AM).
Molts
Novice Breeder

Nature: Modest
Do anyone know if the Pokemon you put to sleep for the dream world changes the Pokemon you meet? Like with the pokewalker's effect that when your Pokemon is super effective type wise, you have reduced steps to find the rare Pokemon?
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (08:42 AM).
Tek7

I'm still learning the complexities of the Pokemon Dream World and would like some help choosing which Pokemon to take "home."

Here are my choices today:
  • Rattata - Male - Hustle
  • Nidoran - Male - Hustle
  • Surskit - Male - Rain Dish
  • Mareep - Female - Plus
  • Nidoran - Female - Hustle
  • Farfetch'd - Male - Defiant
I'm guessing I should take one of the Nidorans?

Also, if the experts could share advice on how to best select Dream World Pokemon, I would appreciate it and I imagine others would, too.

I know that females are typically preferable to males since they can pass on abilities, but, beyond that, I'm all but clueless.
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (08:53 AM). Edited April 22nd, 2011 by TechnoSparkX.
TechnoSparkX
Beginning Trainer

iv been trying for 4days i can defeat N but i allways get stuck on ghetisis hydrogeidon
it allways kills my pokemon with dragon pulse and i have a lv55 haxorus

iv been trying for 4days i can defeat N but i allways get stuck on ghetisis hydrogeidon

thread sig points
win free event pokemon ;D
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthr...67#post5548967
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (09:04 AM).
NamelessGuy
<Insert Witty Title Here>

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoSparkX View Post

A Beartic or a Cryogonal can be your best friend. Just watch out for Flamethrower (it isn't STAB-ed, so it won't do very much damage, but still).

White Friend Code: 1162-9972-8722

Proud creator of Divinity and Dissonance: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249951

Proudly involved in:
The Semi-Centennial Grand Tournament
Realm of Darkness
Divinity and Dissonance
Pokemon: Perfect Being Delta

~Happily paired with DarkAngel91~
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (09:08 AM).
TechnoSparkX
Beginning Trainer

i have a beartic but its only lv37 so i will have to give it loads of training its currently in the day care

thread sig points
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (09:11 AM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Quote:

Hydreigon, surprisingly, doesn't weild a Dark move, so you can actually use something like a Reuniclus and hit it back with a Focus Blast. You can also use a "Cursed Body" Jellicent to wall the Hydreigon, and stall with Potions against the Hydreigon's Dragon Pulse util it get's Disabled with Curse Body, then it can't touch you for Neutral/Super Effective Damage. Then you can use Toxic / Will-O-Wisp to then stall it out.

Trust me it works, on my 2nd Run through Black I used a Eviolite Frillish (which isn't as bulky as Jellicent since it's lacking Base HP) to take care of that threat.
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (09:12 AM).
NamelessGuy
<Insert Witty Title Here>

Quote:
i have a beartic but its only lv37 so i will have to give it loads of training its currently in the day care
You have two options: Victory Road w/ Lucky Egg, or Audino grinding w/ Lucky Egg. I'd suggest Victory Road, it doesn't take as long. Train up to level 50, at least.

White Friend Code: 1162-9972-8722

Proud creator of Divinity and Dissonance: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249951

Proudly involved in:
The Semi-Centennial Grand Tournament
Realm of Darkness
Divinity and Dissonance
Pokemon: Perfect Being Delta

~Happily paired with DarkAngel91~
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (09:18 AM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Going by my Reuiniclus / Jellicent advice, Jellicent can take 3 Dragon Pulses at Lvl 46, and Reuniclus can take 3 at Lvl 48, cut's some grinding in half, but Beartic is still a solid option aswell.
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (09:22 AM).
TechnoSparkX
Beginning Trainer

okay last thing what would be a good moveset for my beartic and a braviary

i have
lv55 haxorus with dragon dance,dragon claw,x scissor and rock slide
lv51 zoroark with aerial ace,punishment,shadow ball,agility(might change to grass knot)
lv52 carracosta with aqua jet,rock slide,crunch,shell smash
lv53 victini with zen headbutt,flame burst,wild charge,reversal
and a rufflet lv47 deciding on moves at the moment it has
sky drop,crush claw,shadow claw,air slash

thread sig points
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (09:47 AM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Rufflet isn't really a good Pokemon, even more so against Ghetsis, though an ideal move set would be (if it has the ability Sheer Force):
Crush Claw, Fly, Shadow Claw, Rock Tomb
Old Posted April 22nd, 2011 (09:50 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek7 View Post
I'm still learning the complexities of the Pokemon Dream World and would like some help choosing which Pokemon to take "home."

Here are my choices today:
  • Rattata - Male - Hustle
  • Nidoran - Male - Hustle
  • Mareep - Female - Plus
  • Nidoran - Female - Hustle
  • Farfetch'd - Male - Defiant
I'm guessing I should take one of the Nidorans?

Also, if the experts could share advice on how to best select Dream World Pokemon, I would appreciate it and I imagine others would, too. :)

I know that females are typically preferable to males since they can pass on abilities, but, beyond that, I'm all but clueless.
The Pokemon you pick can be picked for any reason. Because the ones that you can get at first aren't that great (not until you get about 10,000 points), I usually go with ones that I can never get ingame outside of White Forest, but that's because I'm trying to fill my Pokedex.

Put it this way - if you Dream World enough, you'll have no problem getting any of those Pokemon again.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links