The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 25th, 2011, 11:04 AM
FREEFIGHTER07
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
Is it possible for me to battle someone via an emulator online when they're on a different computer?
No saddly, I already tried that. There is absolutly no way to battle and trade on emulators, do to the lack of any emulator being that smart.

___________________________________________________________________Check out A BO$$ HACK OF RUBY AT Pokemoncobalt.webs.com With 200-300
All new fakemon, plus a new region.
Old March 27th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Tetra
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Ok, so when I finshed playing a game on VBA, I saved it With the VisualBoyAdvance Save file option. And when I wanted to play it again, It said: Unsupported VisualBoyAdvance save game version 0. Can someone help me?
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:49 PM
notcrazy_iminsane
Manga Artist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to notcrazy_iminsane
I've got a question pertaining to hacking and i can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

I would I go about inserting a pokemon into Pokemon Red? I wanted to edit one of the Missingno slots into a new pokemon, and how to edit the Pokedex to allow an added Pokemon?

---------

Kadabra Mewtwo Typhlosion Raichu Lugia Heracross Houndoom Celebi Togetic

'Cause changing up the Silver and Crystal team is fun
Old April 10th, 2011, 09:48 AM
SupahNinja
Scripting Ninja

First of all, I'd like to put this in the Beginner's Lounge, but when I start a thread I get the
Quote:

Access Denied.

SupahNinja, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
    Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. Your account hasn't yet been activated.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. You may activate your account here.
message. But back to my question.
I was wondering if there was a way to link two DS games, or one DS game and one GBA game.
I know from reading the FAQs that we can do it with two GB/GBC games, but I saw nothing about DS games.
I'm trying to get every legendary with no hacks, and transfer them all into Pokemon Black.

My feelings on
ROM hacking:

-I like scripting a lot.
-Mapping is almost as fun.
-Hex editing isn't bad at all.
-I do NOT enjoy spriting.
-I've been meaning to start learning ASM for a while, but I don't ever seem to have enough time.

Favorites:

-My favorite color is green.
-My favorite type is fire.
-My favorite Pokémon are:
Growlithe, Charizard, Mew,
Giratina, Haxorus, and Aggron.
SupahNinja

Last edited by SupahNinja; April 16th, 2011 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Typo.
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahNinja View Post
First of all, I'd like to put this in the Beginner's Lounge, but when I start a thread I get the
message. But back to my question.
I was wondering if there was a way to link two DS games, or one DS game and one GBA game.
I know from reading the FAQs that we can do it with two GB/GBC games, but I saw nothing about DS games.
I'm trying to get every legendary with no hacks, and transfer them all into Pokemon Black.
You cannot access that page because it is in the process of being removed.

Anyways, you cannot link 2 DS roms, but with some emulators, you can insert a GBA game in the slot-2.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:31 AM
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Well I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this kind of problem, but I'm not really sure what is causing this so this is where I'm posting it. (Sorry in advance if someone has already asked this or this isn't the place.)

So I'll try to explain what happens. Basically, the problem is, in one portion of my map, after I encounter a Pokemon, the game glitches and the player loses control of his sprite and takes the form of a glitched one (off tot he side.) I've tried to re-point the wild pokemon data (No avail), I've removed scripts (No Avail). I'm not sure the issue here, possibly something with a script offset? I'm in desperate need of help here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a video of what happens;

*Skip to 0:41 for the glitch.

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old April 18th, 2011, 09:13 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamb241 View Post
Well I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this kind of problem, but I'm not really sure what is causing this so this is where I'm posting it. (Sorry in advance if someone has already asked this or this isn't the place.)

So I'll try to explain what happens. Basically, the problem is, in one portion of my map, after I encounter a Pokemon, the game glitches and the player loses control of his sprite and takes the form of a glitched one (off tot he side.) I've tried to re-point the wild pokemon data (No avail), I've removed scripts (No Avail). I'm not sure the issue here, possibly something with a script offset? I'm in desperate need of help here so any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a video of what happens;

VIDEO

*Skip to 0:41 for the glitch.
My understanding (which I gather from this and my own, independent research) is that if an NPC has the behavior '0xB', upon returning to the overworld the player will assume control over that NPC. So if that trainer has the behavior "Look down", then that's likely the source of the problem.

For future reference, questions like these should go in the Simple Questions Thread over in ROM Hacking.

Brother of Vrai
Old April 19th, 2011, 04:55 PM
MegaKuriboh

Nature: Adamant
How do you use .rar files? Like how do you patch them to roms?
Old April 19th, 2011, 04:59 PM
shenanigans
in rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Kevin View Post
How do you use .rar files? Like how do you patch them to roms?
You don't use a .rar file as a patch. .rar is an alternative to .zip files, and they can be opened with software like WinRAR for PC or Stuffit Expander for Mac.
Old April 19th, 2011, 06:56 PM
adamb241
Pokémon Raging Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
My understanding (which I gather from this and my own, independent research) is that if an NPC has the behavior '0xB', upon returning to the overworld the player will assume control over that NPC. So if that trainer has the behavior "Look down", then that's likely the source of the problem.

For future reference, questions like these should go in the Simple Questions Thread over in ROM Hacking.
That did it thanks, I didn't know there was a separate one. Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience.

\-Pokémon Raging Fury-/
+A new project from Dark Steel Productions+
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:18 AM
Stunna
Hungry Boy

SOMEONE HELP.

I downloaded Pokemon White, but is says "Application not found".

I got WinRAR, but it asks for some password, and gives me a link. I follow the link, but the download for the password is blocked by a survey that ISN'T A SURVEY.

HELP.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
pokemon6949
Beginning Trainer

each time i play a hacked pokemon rom on visual boy advance every so often a bunch of pictures of the game are saved on my desktop help me it keeps saving what do i do?
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:52 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon6949 View Post
each time i play a hacked pokemon rom on visual boy advance every so often a bunch of pictures of the game are saved on my desktop help me it keeps saving what do i do?
Kinda stupid question, but have you patched it?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 24th, 2011, 10:04 AM
pokemon6949
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
Kinda stupid question, but have you patched it?
yes up to the final version, but i dont know why like 30 pictures are saved to my desktop it gets annoying
Old April 24th, 2011, 11:48 AM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon6949 View Post
yes up to the final version, but i dont know why like 30 pictures are saved to my desktop it gets annoying
Perhaps your key configuration is set up so that you are accidentally pushing the key assigned to "Take Screenshot"?

Brother of Vrai
Old April 24th, 2011, 04:03 PM
spasticbuddha
"You can't ignore my girth"

Can someone please tell me if you can play Ruby Destiny on an android phone? I really want to play Ruby Destiny, and there are GBA emulator apps on the android market, but since RD is a hack,will it play them? and if so,how do I open the rom once it' s downloaded? don't ask me to just play it on my PC, as it is currently not connected to the internet I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, but yahoo answers has failed me Ans I don't know where else to go.. P .S. my specific phone is the Samsung Galaxy S, if that helps
Old April 24th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Darthatron
巨大なトロール。
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by spasticbuddha View Post
Can someone please tell me if you can play Ruby Destiny on an android phone? I really want to play Ruby Destiny, and there are GBA emulator apps on the android market, but since RD is a hack,will it play them? and if so,how do I open the rom once it' s downloaded? don't ask me to just play it on my PC, as it is currently not connected to the internet I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to post this, but yahoo answers has failed me Ans I don't know where else to go.. P .S. my specific phone is the Samsung Galaxy S, if that helps
It should play perfectly on any emulator. I can't see it being a problem. Just patch the ROM and then send it to your phone.
Old April 26th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Gerbilslayer900
Beginning Trainer

i want to find out my secret id in platinum but i dont have an action replay so im wondering can i use my platinum and change my id number to what it shows on my real game and then find my secret id like that or no is that just troll logics?
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM
xxMasterxx
Beginning Trainer

I can't see the moves my pokemon do? What's the prob? I'm using Desmume.
Old May 1st, 2011, 11:35 AM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMasterxx View Post
I can't see the moves my pokemon do? What's the prob? I'm using Desmume.
Are you sure you haven't turned battle animations in the Options menu off?

Brother of Vrai
Old May 1st, 2011, 01:17 PM
xxMasterxx
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
Are you sure you haven't turned battle animations in the Options menu off?
Where can i find it lol.. I mean i tried everything, but they're still not visible.

EDIT: Thanks alot, i fixed it.. Much love <3 ;D

Last edited by xxMasterxx; May 1st, 2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old May 4th, 2011, 08:37 AM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I'm trying to play pokemon red on my Nintendo ds lite with a super card. Can someone help me by controlling my desktop for help? Thanks If you can help pm me with your msn messenger. In return I'll give you a shiny pokemon for helping.

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old May 4th, 2011, 09:31 PM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
I'm having trouble with my Pocket Monsters Yellow version. It's supposed to be in Japanese but every Rom I download keeps on showing it in crappy English. And I've been to over 50 sites and I still get the same thing. How do I get the Rom to display in it's true Japanese format?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:01 PM
mymemorial
Beginning Trainer

Hello all! =)

I just have a little question, and since I couldn't find the answer on the web, I decided to check here in case someone could help me :

I'm playing Pokémon Yellow on DS thanks to the LameBoy emulator.
I'd like to know if we can hear Pikachu's voice on the Pokémon Yellow Rom ?
Because I tried several Yellow's roms and no one displays Pikachu's sounds.

Is there any fix or something you have to do ?

Thanks in advance for your help~

PS : I know you can hear Pikachu's voice on the original GameBoy cartridge, I'm talking abour the ROM file for emulators, since I see a lot of Youtube videos from emulators with Pikachu's voice.

PS2 : Sorry if this question has already been asked before! xD
Old May 16th, 2011, 10:23 PM
pokemon6949
Beginning Trainer

help again lol someone each time i try to ips patch a clean rom each time i load up the rom its a white screen, yes i did flash 128k and i havest the newest visual advance game boy 1.8 version
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links