The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2011, 07:35 PM
All Seal
Beginning Trainer

By the way when you start the game it still says oaks parsol not major but the little things count. Thought i would let you know
Old March 6th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosJester083 View Post
Bela what do you think about having someone do a let's play of your pokemon rose because if you want me to I will.
I have no problem with anybody making a playthrough video series of my hack. You're free to do so! =)
Old March 7th, 2011, 08:16 PM
ChaosJester083
You Hack It, I'll Play It

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela View Post
I have no problem with anybody making a playthrough video series of my hack. You're free to do so! =)
I start it as soon as I finish Lilac
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

This is already present in Beta 1, but here's an explanation of how this object works.

The Trash Bin

In certain places in Centiq, trash bins can be found with Pokemon hiding in them.

Using Tackle, you knock over the trash bins and a wild battle is triggered.

Route 665 Recycling Center

Consider 665's Recycling Center, one such place where these trash bins can be found. Wild Pokemon that can be encountered at this spot include Caterpie, Spinarak, Metapod, and, if you're lucky, Houndour.

May this tidbit of information help you in your playthrough!
Old March 25th, 2011, 09:34 PM
xx_mcawesome_xx
Beginning Trainer

hey um question? are there any 4th gen pokes in this game?
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

I do have plans for 4th and 5th Gen Pokemon to be available, but I will not remove any of the first 386 Pokemon to do so. This will come to pass when I finish this hack (which is really Pokemon Rose I), and work on future hacks (II and III) where these Pokemon are part of the story.
Old March 26th, 2011, 12:25 AM
cr4y
Beginning Trainer

That trashbin seems fun, it looks pretty cool! :]
Old March 29th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

I added a more lengthy introductory story in the first post for those who wish to read it; you can also read it here:

Spoiler:
The Centiq region is an area rich in history and complex affairs. Plagued by various evils, a great Creator was once said to have bestowed upon Hermes Trismegistus an artifact known as the Emerald Tablet, said to contain both sacred knowledge of the world and a great power. This legendary tablet has been sought by many over the course of Centiq’s history, but it has never been found...

Aster is a 15 year old boy living in Springate Town, a small quiet village on the southern seashore of Centiq. Professor Larch has returned from a trip far away, where he spoke with one of his colleagues. He has brought back some special Pokemon and might just give one of those to you! Aster leaves his house after talking to Mom and heads for Professor Larch’s laboratory.

But before he gets far, Aster sees a strange man speaking with the professor outside! Hurrying over, Aster sees a tall, blue haired man in a black cloak. What does he want with the Professor?

“Tell me everything you know regarding The Emerald Tablet!” the man shouts. Clearly he is not a friendly person! Running to the Professor’s aid, Aster is given three Pokemon by Larch in order to fight the mysterious hostile man. Defeating his Shelgon, Pupitar, and Metang, Aster succeeds in protecting the professor from further harm. Seemingly indifferent to his loss, the strange man simply states, “We shall meet again, Professor Larch,” before taking his leave. As he does so, a large blue cross is seen on the back of his cloak. Who was this strange person?

The Professor thanks Aster and offers him one of the Pokemon he received from his colleague while traveling abroad. Aster’s long-time childhood friend, Allen, had been waiting inside the Lab during the ordeal outside. The two have their first Pokemon battle, now that they both have their very first Pokemon. Allen and Aster decide to compete to see who can get to the Pokemon League first, with Allen taking the lead.

Will you make it to the Pokemon League before Allen, Aster?

After running an errand for Professor Larch, Aster arrives at his first new destination: Elderoak Town! This small forest village has a large retirement community, as well as a school taught by the town’s elder, simply known as “Granny” to everyone. Unaware of Granny’s temperament, Aster casually walks inside to find out more about Pokemon, taking a seat at an empty chair in the schoolroom.

“Is everybody here? Well then, let’s get started!” declares Granny. Aster, realizing a mistake has been made, tries to sneak out of the classroom before he’s noticed. He doesn’t know about Granny’s adept hearing, hearing his pitter-patter of feet.

“Stay in your seat!” the little old lady exclaims at Aster, who in a shock immediately complies. He has been mistaken for one of her students! Granny begins to play a video for the students, designed to teach them how to catch Pokemon. Aster, having already known long ago how to do this and has seen Professor Larch do it many times, tries to take advantage of the situation and leave once more.

“You again!” Granny bellows. This time she begins to walk over to you! “Do you think you know it all?” she asks inquisitively. “How about I give you a test in a Pokemon battle?” Quickly, the teacher sends out a Spearow with a menacing look, certainly used to giving that look as if it were to intimidate small misbehaving children.

But Aster has his own Pokemon, too! Sending out the Pokemon you received from Professor Larch, you quickly dispense of the sparrow Pokemon, apparently only good at using its Leer attack to frighten Pokemon and students alike. Granny comes to the realization that you are not, in fact, one of her students. Just then, the teacher’s son, a grown man himself, walks in with a small boy under his arm. Evidently this was the missing student whose chair you had sat in.

“I saw a big yellow Pokemon run past here!” the boy shouted. Clearly he was troubled by something he saw outside. It could have been the reason he skipped class. What was this big, yellow Pokemon he spoke of? What kind of big, yellow Pokemon are capable of running around in the Centiq region? Could it have been the crystal beast...Raikou?

Thinking nothing of it now, Aster continues on his journey so he can face his first gym battle in Bloomful City. To get there, however, Aster must travel across a field full of grass Pokemon. This shouldn’t be much of a problem, since Aster’s Pokemon is much stronger than most of the grass Pokemon around.

After battling a few trainers on his way to the next town, Aster is soon approaching the end of the grassy field. With only a little way left to go, and the buildings of Bloomful near on the horizon, Aster is swiftly met with a shocking site.

“Finally we have caught up with you, Raikou,” stated a man dressed all in black, with a large red “R” on the front of his outfit. Two more men in a similar outfit are standing next to a big, yellow Pokemon that has become immobilized by traps that have been dug into the ground. “It appears the snares we set have done their job!” The crystal beast growled in anguish. “You will now become a prize for Team Rocket!” shouted the man, throwing a purple and pink Pokeball at the legendary creature. The Pokemon is instantly caught without any resistance. Was that a Master Ball that they just used? One of the two men who were standing next to the legendary Pokemon retrieves the Pokeball and stores it away. “Our client will be pleased that everything has taken place without incident,” the man who threw the Pokeball muses.

Aster approaches the three men, who have recognized that they are being watched. “Hey, you there kid! You didn’t see anything, did you? Well, I’ll have to take care of that!” the man who threw the Pokeball shouts. Sending out a Zubat, the Team Rocket grunt is poised to take you on, while his fellow grunts have escaped. Aster sends out his Pokemon and defeats the flying bat Pokemon! The Rocket grunt is distraught that a mere child could be capable of beating him. “You better stay out of our business!” he shouts at Aster. “And our client’s as well!” Who would Team Rocket’s client be?

Unbeknownst to Aster, and indeed much of the Centiq region, a mysterious organization named Thrasher is secretly working to collect many powerful legendary Pokemon, as well as be the first to have ever found the legendary Emerald Tablet. But for what purpose? Who is their Leader? Could it be the strange man in blue, who demanded that the good professor tell him about the Tablet? Their goals, their influence, their leadership, their very existence… all things about Thrasher are shrouded in secrecy.

Last edited by Bela; March 29th, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:01 PM
More4Life
Advanced Mapper

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to More4Life
Awesome story, I really like it. Your are a very talented writer! Your game looks amazing, your tiles fit very well into the game and make it look awesome. I like the idea of the trash can, very creative!

Comming soon to PokemonCommunity. Please stay tuned!
Old March 30th, 2011, 11:04 PM
heroicraptor
Unhatched Egg

The three pokemon you get in the first battle have movesets that are just atrocious.
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:22 PM
KurcioDurcio
Attempting something new

Sometimes the trash bins can cause crashes to the game and it freezes.
Old April 2nd, 2011, 11:38 PM
Aurora Vulpix
Vulpix FTW

Holy...this game looks amazing! It's so creative!
I love the tiles, the maps are epic, the characters are well thought out, the region itself is amazing, I love your creativity, and if I could play it, I would!

This has inspired me so much, Bela! It shows no matter if its a first hack or something of the sort, it doesn't stop it from being brilliant!

I really mean all of this! Keep up the good work and don't let this awesome hack die!
Old April 14th, 2011, 12:46 PM
eragon_1121
Unhatched Egg

I love this hack! The story is very interesting, the scripts are really good, and the maps are great! Wish you the best of luck for the future!
Old April 15th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Mattxy8
Beginning Trainer

Nice beta
Can't wait for the rest of it!
Old April 19th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Pokemon Trainer Kevin

Nature: Adamant
Hey just gotta say amazing hack man I'm enjoying it
Just one question: Why is Marvelight city all gitched up? Some people I talk to battle me with Lv 30some Ghost Pokemon. I tried repatching but it didn't work is this the end of the beta or something?
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:58 AM
ErickAutumn
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Impish
Hey there! I'm loving this hack right now.
I just wanted to report a glitch...
After I defeated granny in the trainers school, I talked to the boy who was skipping and the game froze.

Old April 23rd, 2011, 08:06 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

For the glitches you guys are experiencing, try re-downloading the patch. It may be an issue with the patch you downloaded.

For questions regarding the end of the beta, it is in fact Marvelight City. The second beta will also have more things to do in the city.
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:38 PM
BlooMilk C.
Donator Tier 3

Nature: Impish
This hack looks great, and I'm looking forward to play it in the near future. Also, I'm learning scripting, so if you'd like me to do some short things for you, that's fine. You can just PM me here or on IRC.
Old May 10th, 2011, 01:52 PM
solrecon111
Didn't do nothing...... yet

Nature: Brave
I would like to help with the script for the game and if you need any help with the maps i could help (probably not though).

love the beta so far.
Also, you know you have 4 maps that can be edited, i think you can take advantage of that and make the other regions, like Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, possibly even Sinnoh or Unova (again, probably not)
I't looks like to me that your making tackle an HM(not really and hm) for the garbage can (genius btw). sorta like dig.
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Trifindo
POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR

I love that map is very good.
I just think you should put more modern tiles.
GOOD LUCK.
Old June 11th, 2011, 02:56 PM
SMA_H
The Dark Victini in Disguise

Nature: Quirky
Very Very Very Nice. Da Dark Victini likey.
Typhlosaur: To denounce the evils of truth and love,
MissingNo.:To extend our wrath to the stars above,
Typhlosaur: The Fiery Destrover, I'm Typhlosaur!
MissingNo.:And the Ultimate ThunderGlitch, I'm MissingNo.!
DarkVictini:The Cloned Shadow, I'm Dark Victini! And now...
All:We invite all to gather under the name of Team Genetic!!!
I, The DARK VICTINI, support:

(I made ^this^ banner myself! )
Old June 11th, 2011, 03:32 PM
Bela
Pokémon Rose Creator
Community Supporter

With it being summer now, I have more time to work on this.

@ solrecon111: You never know, it is entirely possible that I include a different region for fun
Old June 13th, 2011, 05:42 PM
regimeen
Alt + F4 user

Nature: Brave
i love this hack so far and im really really hoping you can finish it. the idea of any starters is a very nice touch and i love the little demo battle in the beginning too

Old June 29th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Viet Joker
Beginning Trainer

I hop you can finish this hack ! This hack is very very nice !
Old July 11th, 2011, 09:32 AM
xX13LoneWolf13Xx
The Pokemon Master

Nature: Lonely
Everything seems absolutely amazing! I wish this was a legit thing they would sell in stores! I would buy it! I'll also show support by using one of your banners! I am also doing something like this! Wish me luck! Also I'm trying out the first beta release right now! Super fun!

Sponsored Links