• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Developing] Pokémon: Thanatos Version

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Okay guys!

As promised, I have now posted my sketches on deviantART. Now, I shall post them here! Feel free to keep making suggestions! :D

Spoiler:

Oh, and in the coming days, I shall be revealing the starters! :D Here is a small in-game shot of what I have. And no, I am NOT mixing 4th generation characters with 3rd generation tiles. All of the tiles are merely placeholders until I get my tileset put together.

hurrhurr.png

Years
Thanks man for the font look neat, gonna be using it in a school assignment hehe...
Anyway is there any chance you can also tell me the pattern overlay you used for this?
If you wanna keep it private i understand dw.. but ill very much appreciate it..
Anyway great luck with project looking great, and looking forward for updates.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
@ProdigyX - I've got no set one. I just pick on that looks nice; it's in the default patterns, I believe.

General Update

Okay all, thanks to Kuroda-Taiki of deviantART, I now have a sprite for the rival of this game! I'd like you all to meet Flaire!

Flaire is daughter of the professor's assistant, and she's quite the character. She's very rude, and she considers all those around her trash. She doesn't care for much, or you, for that matter. The only thing that matters to her is her beloved Pokémon, Lavapho. As her name suggests, she is a fire-type enthusiast and she will pick the fire starter, Lavapho, regardless of what you pick. Flaire can be very shady at times, which tends to rouse many suspicions.

NOTE: Since I'm too lazy to upload the sprite itself to Photobucket, I'll update the main post later on.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Hey there, guys!

I must say, I am quite proud of the support that this game has gotten! You all have given me the inspiration back I once lost! In return, I hope to make a promising, and very exciting game! The starter Fakémon are, still, in the process of being sprited; however, I've kept you all in the shadows enough! I'll reveal them on the next major update, I promise.

Now, here is a small list of things I HAVE completed.

• All old maps have been redone.
  • The tileset has been improved/highly modified.
  • New maps have been created/worked on.
  • The rival has been mostly completed. (The sprite, mug plus the sequence, and the music have all been done. All that's left is the overworld.)

Now, here's a list of things to come.

• Custom Battle System ( I've been playing with mock-ups for a while; none seem to please me. And no, I'm not going with the Black/White battle system.)
  • Unique Gyms and Gym Leaders ( Gym Leaders, for the most part, will stay in their Gyms. There are some where you may need to travel around to look for them. You will be rewarded for seeking them out, so, it won't be a waste.)
  • Elite Four ( There is no room for the Elite Four anymore. These members are spread far and wide throughout the region. You must look for clues from the citizens and take in their type affinity. Some members are obvious, and will be in obvious locations. Others, not so much.)
  • Fakémon Sprites
I'd like to thank you all for staying with me on this! Keep those Fakémon suggestions comin' I could use some inspiration.

Last edited:

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
This game looks amazing, I can't wait until this game is complete. Keep up the good work. The Fakemon are also really great. It's nice to see Fakemon that are of really good design.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Thanks, Psy!
That means a lot to me~

Minor update this time guys, the next one will probably be a major as I'm getting some things in place and prepared for the debut of many characters. As per usual, I'll be listing the things that have been implimented first and those to come will be listed last.

UPDATE

• Ben. is in the process of spriting the heroine and the rival's overworld!
• Dewitty has also kindly offered to sprite two of the starters. Keep an eye out, you know they're going to be awesome!
• The first two Gym Leaders have been fully evented and are ready to be battled!

Oh, and thanks to NikNaks, this game now has it's region map completed~!
Say hello to the Armonia region!

mapf.png

Now, here's a list of things to come.

• Custom Battle System ( I've been playing with mock-ups for a while; none seem to please me. And no, I'm not going with the Black/White battle system.)
• Unique Gyms and Gym Leaders ( Gym Leaders, for the most part, will stay in their Gyms. There are some where you may need to travel around to look for them. You will be rewarded for seeking them out, so, it won't be a waste.)
• Elite Four ( There is no room for the Elite Four anymore. These members are spread far and wide throughout the region. You must look for clues from the citizens and take in their type affinity. Some members are obvious, and will be in obvious locations. Others, not so much.)
• Fakémon Sprites

Electric and Grass Fakémon suggestions are going to be highly appreciated. I.. have none. :|

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
For grass pokemon, there haven't been any melon based Pokemon, or fruit in general. Closest we got was Tropius, but he's more of a dinosaur. Maybe make a Pokemon that starts out as grapes and evolves into wine, or a Pokemon that starts out as a kiwi and evolve into horned fruit. I dunno. Try that.

For electric, I don't think anyone has come up with the idea of an electric eel. It could be water/electric.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
For grass pokemon, there haven't been any melon based Pokemon, or fruit in general. Closest we got was Tropius, but he's more of a dinosaur. Maybe make a Pokemon that starts out as grapes and evolves into wine, or a Pokemon that starts out as a kiwi and evolve into horned fruit. I dunno. Try that.

For electric, I don't think anyone has come up with the idea of an electric eel. It could be water/electric.
i agree with psy, you should make fruit pokemon, i have an idea for one, basicly you have a little pokemon, who's eye's are showing through the fruit, and its evolution has its head outside the fruit, but the main body is still inside.

as for electric, an electric eel, has already been done, not just as a fakemon, but as a real pokemon, in bw. but i have no idea's right now. peace.
flamemaster~

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Thanks both Psy and flamemaster!

I took your suggestion to mind, and I chose a watermelon as the fruit. Thanks to hourglasshero, it along with its evolutions look awesome! Once the sprites have been completed, I'll post them. However, let's get on to their PokéDex descriptions!

Mischeed Grass/Dark
Prankster Pokémon

Mischeed's are devious little Pokémon that enjoy playing harmless pranks on humans and fellow Pokémon alike. They have been known to launch a powerful Bullet Seed attack when threatened.

Bloomvil Grass/Dark
Punk Pokémon

Bloomvil, the evolved form of Mischeed. These creatures are nothing but punks who steal what they want. While they do not look fast, nor are they, they use their root-like arms and tail to trip up its victim.

Thievelon Grass/Dark
Robber Pokémon

This Pokémon is a notorious thief. It uses its natural appearance as camouflage then, when opportunity presents itself, it strikes! It has been known to consume children by accident.

Last edited:

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Have I told you? You're a great sense of inspiration for me? I love what you've got so far, especially your story and the Characters and Pokemon I've seen you come up with.

I can't wait to see some other stuff come out of your magic hat.

It's been a good 5 months since I've been on here and the first amazing game I see is this one. Keep it up! I'll help in any way I can :3

Years
Wow ^^ after reading FMP comment i decided to actually read the story and study this game my self...
And i am impressed, didn't know this game was this amazing.
Good luck, i and a lot of people are also looking forward to this progression!

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Have I told you? You're a great sense of inspiration for me? I love what you've got so far, especially your story and the Characters and Pokemon I've seen you come up with.

I can't wait to see some other stuff come out of your magic hat.

It's been a good 5 months since I've been on here and the first amazing game I see is this one. Keep it up! I'll help in any way I can :3

Oh!!

Thank you so much, <~F.M.P.~>, you have no idea as to who much that means to me!
It means quite a lot that someone like you would post such a comment. <3

Your words have inspired me to work even harder on this game and now, you have my eternal love. <3

Wow ^^ after reading FMP comment i decided to actually read the story and study this game my self...
And i am impressed, didn't know this game was this amazing.
Good luck, i and a lot of people are also looking forward to this progression!

Thank you too!

Such kind works are really uplifting, and now, I think I'll go ahead and give you all what you've been waiting for~

Meet Purleaf!
Sprited by the adorable Dewitty~
Untitled-1.png

This little guy is the first of the starters of the Armonia region! These creatures are very playful and won't turn down a chance to run around.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
screenies.png

In the second picture the word League is spelt Leauge :/
Fix it :D
This looks good anyway
my only other problem is the GBA tiles mixed with the DS overworlds :/

Years
screenies.png

This looks good anyway

It actually is League.. and the tiles are place holders.

And with the sprite, amazing nice work dewitty! very talented artist

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
screenies.png

This looks good anyway

It has been fixed, I haven't updated the screenies.

If you would have read the entire first post, you would've seen this little comment of mine..

Note: I know some tiles don't match or are oddly placed... I'm working on those! Plus, I'm also working on the OverWorlds and other things... and no, Team Rocket isn't permanent. They're merely placeholders until I get Team Triodrax's sprites and OWs.

It actually is League.. and the tiles are place holders.

And with the sprite, amazing nice work dewitty! very talented artist

Thanks Prodigy~ :3
And yes, Dewitty is a very talented spriter~

Back