• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon Obsidian Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

19.png

- Pokémon Obsidian Version -
Developed in RPG Maker XP
By Atomic Reactor

Introduction
Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to look at the thread for my game. My name is Justin, or known as my online alias of Atomic Reactor. I have developed 2 Pokémon games before this, but never had the ambition to finish them. I believe that I will be able to finish this game though... but if not, I know for a fact I will have a demo done!

14.png

Region of Evoran!

Story

You, Your father, and family friend Phil, have been asked to go around the region of Evoran to find and artifacts and fossils that could somehow help with the study of this region. Professor Tamarack, who as asked you to go on this expedition, will give your group 3 Pokémon that he has found in remote places of Evoran.

As you journey the region, you start to find clues and artifacts that indicate... there may be a completely different dimension similiar to ours. When a clan of sketchy men dig deeper into this legend, you end up getting involved in some pretty serious stuff! Could this alter dimension hold the possibility of absolute power falling into the hands of just one person? And what happens if this persons intentions are not safe? You will have to do all you can to try and make sure he doesn't get his hands on it, otherwise... The world as you know it could cease to exist.

Features

A few new Pokémon
New region
Pokémon may actually die
New graphics in general
New storyline
Re Battling of Gym Leaders

start_zpsa2d2884b.png

The New starters!

Screenshots

11.png

12.png

13.png

111.png

17.png

18.png

Demo
Link 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BX3hx8vkxE

Walkthrough

Support Banners

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250466"][IMG]http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad141/justinpw93/banner1.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250466"][IMG]http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad141/justinpw93/banner2.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=250466"][IMG]http://i930.photobucket.com/albums/ad141/justinpw93/banner3.png[/IMG][/URL]
Team

Atomic Reactor - Main Developer
tImE - Graphics
Aquakip - Story and Graphics

Credits

Poccil
Minorthreat
Calis Projects
Alucus
Alistair
.FL
Maruno
BurstShadow
Vampire://Krimm
Dewitty
Lighterzein
Abnegation

If I'm forgetting someone, just let me know!

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Custom graphics and the world map look very good.

so tempted by the alternate universes. can you elobrate a little bit. are they like alternate timelines, where small stuff change, or a total different dimention?

Atomic Reactor

It will be known as the Lost Zone. It's an alternate dimension to ours, in the story (and of my own imagination) it will be the dimension that Pokémon first existed. But it has to do with the deeper plot that I don't want to give away yet. It will be revealed in later updates and such.

I got the Lost Zone name from the card game, that's also where I got the bad guys names, the Seekers. Haha.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Like I've told you plenty of times, this all looks amazing, man.
The only thing that doesn't really fit well, or at least in my opinion, is the circle under the trees. They seem a little too dark. They should blend with the grass more.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Oh! This is looking really good my friend! It's good to see old faces here xD. Also a new game in the area will make the section more active than it is currently, at least I hope so ^^. If you ever need any help, feel free to ask to me!

Atomic Reactor

@Cilerba: Thanks man, And as for your concern, it has been fixed! :D

@JV: Thank you very much for those kind words :)

Here's an image I'll leave for tonight! Just the different battle scenes at different times of day!
111.png

Years
@Cilerba: Thanks man, And as for your concern, it has been fixed! :D

@JV: Thank you very much for those kind words :)

Here's an image I'll leave for tonight! Just the different battle scenes at different times of day!
111.png

Yay, a game that is being made with tilesets other then dewittys, alucus or whatever :D
i love your battle backgrounds did you make?

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2011
Love it already from the screenies!
Is there an ETA on the demo, or maybe, y'know, a list of the new pokemon to appear and basic info about them? I don't like to jump into a pokemon game without knowing what I'm gonna find, and what types they are.
I don't want to assume a pokemon is one type and have it turn out to be another, see? That could lead to say, using Thunderbolt on a Swampert.

Atomic Reactor

@ProdigyX: Haha thanks man, that was one of my driving forces haha. I hated seeing all the games using the exact same tiles lol. And the original battle background are from the rpg maker for the gameboy advance. I just edited them by putting a battle base on, then made the night and evening edits.

@thepowerfulone: I don't want to do an eta on the demo, and then be wrong. But it shouldn't be to long of a wait, because I plan on releasing it as soon as im done with the first gym.
As for the Pokémon, the starters are the only new pokemon to make an appearance. Later there will be new legendaries. But that's it.
The types after fully evolving will be.....
Grass/Fighting
Fire/Psychic
Water/Dark
(It's a super triangle haha)

@Tropical Sunlight: Haha thanks man! I'll put it in the first post now :)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
:O Wooaahhh
THIS...IS...SO...AWESOME
Damn It's got everything to be a new Pokémon game!
I'll play when it's released. :)

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I think is a promising project. I'm really fond of your battle GUI, I think it looks very polished. My only C&C would be that (1) I don't like the style of the regional map and (2) the tileset seems a little out of date (unless you're specifically going for an RSEFrLg feel). Good work, keep it up :)

P.S. I'd really like to hug your grass starter, it's simply adorable.

Atomic Reactor

And as far as style goes, I was aiming for that 3rd gen feel, but with my custom feel haha. Hope that doesn't keep you from playing it D:
Thanks for the feedback :)
Oh and the grass starter was made by Riceeman :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Been waiting on this 4 years now.
Finally Justin puts out what he's been waiting to do.

Loving it all so far.
Fakemon look great and custom tiles suite well.
I'm excited to support you through this bro.
Don't sleep on this project.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
What about he map don't you like?
And as far as style goes, I was aiming for that 3rd gen feel, but with my custom feel haha. Hope that doesn't keep you from playing it D:
Thanks for the feedback :)
Oh and the grass starter was made by Riceeman :)

The map style feels a little too.. amateur? In comparison to the rest of the project. I think a more sophisticated style, either one of the 4th gen map styles or a better custom style would look much more impressive visually. I hope that makes more sense & I will be looking forward to playing it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen May 10, 2021
Rossay

Im pretty sure he mentioned in the first post that he didnt wanna use 4th gen tiles.
He probably doesnt want to look like a clone of all the other fan games out there.

Atomic Reactor

Are you talking about my mapping, or my tile graphics? Lol.
I don't quite follow.
But as I stated, I don't want to use 4th or 5th gen tiles, because I don't want to look like all the other projects I see now days. I want mine to be distinguishable from all the others.

WAIT! You're talking about my world map! Haha jeez I feel dumb XD
Well, I do really love the custom look... I don't want to use the 4th gen style, cause that's what everyone does... so I don't really know what else to do .. :/

I will leave everyone with these screenshots for tonight!
17.png

Last edited:
Years
Map style?
Are you talking about my mapping, or my tile graphics? Lol.
I don't quite follow.
But as I stated, I don't want to use 4th or 5th gen tiles, because I don't want to look like all the other projects I see now days. I want mine to be distinguishable from all the others.

WAIT! You're talking about my world map! Haha jeez I feel dumb XD
Well, I do really love the custom look... I don't want to use the 4th gen style, cause that's what everyone does... so I don't really know what else to do .. :/

I will leave everyone with these screenshots for tonight!
17.png

Again really nice screens, will all building light up like that at dark?
Also having another look... i just realized how well designed your over worlds are! Really looks nice.
Also, about this map argument.. it was the first thing that crossed my mind when i saw this game... But all i have to say that it looks really nice, better then the ones made today... alot

One more thing.. by judging the screens, do you get to pick your Pokemon by actually going up to its overworld while on some land and choosing it.. because there is a screenshot showing you on land with two of the starter overworlds right next to you?

Atomic Reactor

@ProdigyX: No not all buildings will light up like that. People do actually lock there houses at night haha. So buildings that aren't important to the plot won't light up at night.
And yes kind of, you go up to the overworlds, and take a look at them. And then you go tell the professor which one you want. so it's nothing to crazy haha.
Thanks for all the nice comments :)

@Tropical Sunlight: Don't make me blush :3 haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back