The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 18th, 2011, 12:06 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne
Oh, Alan Rickman~ <3

I mean, they got Dan, Rupert, and Emma, who even normally look(ed) very much like their characters. Why not other people? :/

Dan Radcliffe looks like a butch woman, Emma Watson is wayyy too perfect, and Neville (while rather sexy) did not grow up to be how I imagined Neville.
Yes. 'Nuff said. XD

I like Tom Felton more now than I did before. He's such a nice guy.

He looks pretty sharp in other movies. Not a bad guy either, but I didn't like how he was getting all the love and Rupert Grint wasn't sharing that spotlight with him. I think he was really ignored in the middle of these films (prior to Movie 5).

Luna Lovegood was pretty unique. It was a pet peeve of mine to see her and Harry get together.
Spoiler:
They looked so adorable during the Slug Christmas party. And the way she was so excited to be going with Harry because she was pretty much a loner. Made me feel sorry for her. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy
I personally was a Harry x Hermione fan right off the bat. I was saddened that they didn't end up together.
Ah, really? :/ I suppose Harry and Ginny is okay (but I just find it too similar to James and Lily which is why I was not wholly supportive of this ship) Definitely was a Harry x Luna fan.

Quote:
He is an Auror, so is Ron. But I wish they tell his adventures as being an auror. You know, a spin-off or something?
Isn't the the life of an Auror like being a government law enforcement agent in the real world? Nothing much to do there other than tracking down fugitives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning
idk, I don't think Rowling was that good at actually writing relationships because they ALL felt so stale in the books. xD; Especially Harry/Ginny which came out of nowhere and never made any sense to me uugggh.

I was really disappointed that Harry actually settled down and had kids in the end though. D: He always seemed liek the type who wouldn't be able to sit still for long--always traveling, defeating evil, visiting people he's met from all over, etc. The idea of him just settling down is still foreign to me haha.
Aah…may have to disagree with you there. There were definitely a lot of hints you could call real solid canon (unlike canon you hear or see from the Pokemon anime). She was very careful in her choice of words, and the smarter readers picked up on that.

Well if you do think about it Harry wanted this peaceful life. It's been said over and over that he wanted to pursue it, be happy with people, enjoy, have a laugh. He was sick and tired of fighting, losing people, friends, and family whom he loved. Not exactly the sort of hero everyone expected him to be. Just a normal kid, that's what he wanted. An average kid with a um…scar on his forehead. That changed his life. Literally.
Old April 18th, 2011, 03:21 PM
BlooMilk C.
Donator Tier 3

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post
I don't think being an Auror would be very interesting in such a peaceful time. :<
Actually, I believe that a quote from the books says that evil is like a Hydra, once you cut off one head, more than one grows back, so this might actually be a hint to something that will happen later if there is another book, but maybe I'm just paranoid.
Old April 18th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Its not always that peaceful, is it? There will always be a time that something exciting would happen. ;;
Old April 19th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyJB88 View Post
Aah…may have to disagree with you there. There were definitely a lot of hints you could call real solid canon (unlike canon you hear or see from the Pokemon anime). She was very careful in her choice of words, and the smarter readers picked up on that.

Well if you do think about it Harry wanted this peaceful life. It's been said over and over that he wanted to pursue it, be happy with people, enjoy, have a laugh. He was sick and tired of fighting, losing people, friends, and family whom he loved. Not exactly the sort of hero everyone expected him to be. Just a normal kid, that's what he wanted. An average kid with a um…scar on his forehead. That changed his life. Literally.
It's been a while since I read them but I don't remember many relationships described (either blooming, well-established, or behind-the-scenes) that I really... felt anything from, if that makes sense. :(

As for Harry, I know he wanted a peaceful life but heroes in fiction never seem to settle down after their journeys. Especially near the end after spending so much time just hopping from place to place for the sake of staying hidden... I think that would really take a toll on someone mentally/emotionally and I imagine that kind of habit would stick for a while. But I tend to read too far (mentally) into characters sometimes. xD;

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 19th, 2011, 07:19 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Send a message via AIM to RubyJB88 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to RubyJB88
Quote:
As for Harry, I know he wanted a peaceful life but heroes in fiction never seem to settle down after their journeys.
Is this the norm? Does every fiction follow this? What if JKR wanted it differently?
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Felly
The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to Felly Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Felly Send a message via Yahoo to Felly Send a message via Skype™ to Felly
What house are you in?: Gryffindor, obviously.
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Maple, 10 inches, dragon heartstring.
We solemnly swear that we are up to...: everything that is no good. ;D
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Zeffy

Oooh, we're becoming quite big right now. Anyways, we never know what Rowling has in mind unless we can use Legillimency so we don't really know what she wants to do.
Old April 20th, 2011, 04:27 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Heh, I was hoping when other fellow Gryffindors show up---when I first saw this thread I was like, no this can't be true, more Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs? :P
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Zeffy

Quote:
Heh, I was hoping when other fellow Gryffindors show up---when I first saw this thread I was like, no this can't be true, more Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs? :P
Gryffindor gets the glory most of the time. What about Ravenclaw? ;A;
And other houses for that matter. xD
Old April 21st, 2011, 02:45 AM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): [insert wand here]
We solemnly swear that we are up to...: NO GOOD.

I'd like to join, please! xD;
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:15 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy
Gryffindor gets the glory most of the time. What about Ravenclaw? ;A;
And other houses for that matter. xD
Well, about that. On a test I took long time ago, I was borderline Ravenclaw-Gryffindor. So I would still be happy being in Ravenclaw, though I'm not really that clever.

I notice that Gryffindor and Slytherin are the two extremes of the spectrum, while Ravenclaw tends to side with Gryffindor and Hufflepuff sides towards Slytherin. Further proof: note the locations where the dormitories are. Two towers; dungeon and kitchen.
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:04 PM
Felly

Send a message via AIM to Felly Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Felly Send a message via Yahoo to Felly Send a message via Skype™ to Felly
As much as I love Gryffindor, they do get too much glory. The other houses need some love too! Whenever I RP on Harry Potter RP forums, my characters are usually in one of the other three houses. (Although on the one I'm on now, one of my characters is a Gryffindor alumni, but she fits in Gryffindor more than any other house.)
Old April 21st, 2011, 07:13 PM
Seungri
Victory 승리

What house are you in?: Slytherin
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core):10" hawthorn wood, with a dragon scale core.
We solemnly swear that we are up to...: no good. :o
Old April 22nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

The reason why Gryffindor gets so much glory may be that it's in their blood. Descendants have that in them. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be Gryffindors, now would they?
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Sophie_Smith
Beginning Trainer

The first harry potter was the best the firts movie
Old April 24th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Felly

True, but wouldn't every student and alumni have pride for the house they're in (or were once a part of in the case of alumni)? Gryffindors may have glory in their blood, but everyone has pride.
Old April 24th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Zeffy

Quote:
The reason why Gryffindor gets so much glory may be that it's in their blood. Descendants have that in them. If they didn't, then they wouldn't be Gryffindors, now would they?
No. Just...no. That would just contradict the fact that there are 4 houses, of which all founders have their own glory. ;A;
Old April 25th, 2011, 01:18 PM
RubyJB88
The Runway Trainer

So if every house has their pride and glory, are you saying that Gryffindor is biased to get most of it?
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Zeffy

Quote:
So if every house has their pride and glory, are you saying that Gryffindor is biased to get most of it?
Gryffindor just gets most of the glory in the books/movies, yes. Harry Potter is in Gryffindor so its kind of obvious that its a bit biased.
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I think it's more like more individuals from Gryffindor get the glory, and therefore collectively they are more glorified by others than the rest of the houses.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 25th, 2011, 06:51 PM
~Ryukaa
//fennekin
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ryukaa Send a message via Skype™ to ~Ryukaa
I should actually post here for once. :V
Yeah, it's more based off the individuals in Gryffindor. Especially Harry Potter. He WAS the Boy who Lived, so yeah. xD;
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:14 PM
Zeffy

Before the events in the books, Slytherin always won the house cup though. So that proves the Harry Potter biased thing. xD
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

The House Cup isn't necessarily a matter of glory, though. I mean, it's not won by glorification. And the Slytherins weren't even really glorified after they won at all either, from how I understand it.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Zeffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmartOne View Post
The House Cup isn't necessarily a matter of glory, though. I mean, it's not won by glorification. And the Slytherins weren't even really glorified after they won at all either, from how I understand it.
But it still contributes to the topic that it becomes biased to Gryffindor because of Harry Potter.
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Anna
"it has no brakes"
Community Supporter

This is probably true, although that... was mostly Dumbledore's choice in the first book. Redeeming him in the eyes of his peers and all.

{ Pairs + Family }
{ Clubs + Theme }

Connection
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here