The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 25th, 2011 (12:27 AM).
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothitelle. View Post
If I were to replace Emolga, who would ine recommend I use? I already Gothitelle who knows Thunderbolt and Volcarona who knows Fly. (but I wanna keep em together).
Imo best Unova electric type is Eelektross. You don't have to worry about ground attacks (like with Emolga) it has great stats even though you'd need to work on its speed.
So I think Eelektross would be suitable for you

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 25th, 2011 (12:30 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
I want to try the dream world so I went to the pokemon website and created an account. I login go to the global link then try to go to the dream world. it says I need a trainer account and tells me if I already have one then I have to log in from the main page. I do and return to the global link just to start all over again. wash rinse repeat, what the hell? am I missing something? I was going to post this in the main forum but I figured it would just get directed here with a warning anyway.
Good idea posting here :)

On the left side, if you wait a bit (kinda loads slow), you'll see a menu that appears, which lists "type your username" and password, or something along those lines (this is in global link btw), and login from there, you'll be auto-logged into the DW for that session. Kinda confusing but yeah :(
Old April 25th, 2011 (02:20 AM).
moon_light
Beginning Trainer

I'm fighting litwick (gives 1 special attack EV) to increase my solosis' special attack stat, but its not strong enough to defeat litwicks on its own so I gave it an exp share and fought using dewott. Do both dewott and solosis receive 1 EV or do they receive 1/2 each? Also if I DON'T have exp share and I switch pkmn in the middle of the battle do both receive full EVs or split EVs?
Old April 25th, 2011 (02:23 AM).
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Your Dewott and Solosis will get 1 Sp. Atk EV each for each Litwick (and Elgyem, btw) you defeat while Solosis is holding the Exp. Share. It's the same with switching out afaik.
Old April 25th, 2011 (02:35 AM).
LuckyLux
Look at my glowing eyes......

Nature: Quirky
I'm not sure if this question has already been asked, but, is it possible to migrate 5th gen pokemon to a 4th gen game? I read somewhere it was.......but wouldn't a 4th gen game not have the data of 5th gen pokemon?
I'm confused....... Thanks =)

Please message me and we can chat!
My old account was *Vulpix09*.....lost the password waaah!

I have Diamond, Platinum, Soulsilver and White.
Teams coming soon!
Old April 25th, 2011 (02:37 AM).
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLux View Post
I'm not sure if this question has already been asked, but, is it possible to migrate 5th gen pokemon to a 4th gen game? I read somewhere it was.......but wouldn't a 4th gen game not have the data of 5th gen pokemon?
I'm confused....... Thanks =)
Nope, sadly it's impossible. :x It only works from gen 4 > gen 5.
Old April 25th, 2011 (11:01 AM).
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Anyone know where I can buy a National Pokedex book for the games? I got the special edition guide book but it only has the generation 5 Pokemon in the Pokedex. I need a book that shows locations of the other Pokemon. I know I need to beat the Pokemon League first, but I need to know where there all at after I beat the league.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old April 25th, 2011 (11:11 AM).
Gothitelle.
<3;

Nature: Adamant
Another question (sorry if I have too many questiuns)

If I were to battle the Champion with my new team (I can't now because I have two that are not at level 70 yet) and he brings out his Volcarona and I brought out my Hydreigon.. who would go first?

I ask because with my old team, I was able to beat it with my Sesmitoad with surf. But when I did him again, it actually BEAT me. and I'm WATER! It's always beaten my Semsitoad mostly because of speed and stuff and I always have to switch to Emboar to finish the job.

For me new team, I don't want a repeat of what happens to my water Pokemon. So I won't bring out Jellicent but rather Hydreigon since I was able to beat Cheren's Haxous with her because she was faster. But I want to know if Hydreigon's speed is better than Volcarona's. If it is.. then I have a better chance of OHKOing it.

Old April 25th, 2011 (11:16 AM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothitelle. View Post
Another question (sorry if I have too many questiuns)

If I were to battle the Champion with my new team (I can't now because I have two that are not at level 70 yet) and he brings out his Volcarona and I brought out my Hydreigon.. who would go first?

I ask because with my old team, I was able to beat it with my Sesmitoad with surf. But when I did him again, it actually BEAT me. and I'm WATER! It's always beaten my Semsitoad mostly because of speed and stuff and I always have to switch to Emboar to finish the job.

For me new team, I don't want a repeat of what happens to my water Pokemon. So I won't bring out Jellicent but rather Hydreigon since I was able to beat Cheren's Haxous with her because she was faster. But I want to know if Hydreigon's speed is better than Volcarona's. If it is.. then I have a better chance of OHKOing it.
Hydreigon has a base speed of 98, while Volcarona has a base speed of 100. Have you been EV training your Hydreigon in speed, or just treating him like a normal Pokemon? I'm not quite sure how trainer EVs work, but I suspect that if you have it EV trained in speed it will go first despite the 2 point difference.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 25th, 2011 (11:18 AM). Edited April 25th, 2011 by FangedFreak.
FangedFreak
Ace Trainer

Nature: Jolly
I was in Dream World the other day, and when i quit i sent Mareep to Entralink, i went in but he wasn't there. Today i got Nidoran (Male) and just sent him to Entralink, Nidoran is there, but mareep still isnt.. What's wrong?

Mareep is showing up as sent in my DW House on the Board
Thanks

EDIT: Thanks Toujours but yeh i checked every "room" so to speak.. still nothing
Old April 25th, 2011 (11:23 AM).
Gothitelle.
<3;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post

Hydreigon has a base speed of 98, while Volcarona has a base speed of 100. Have you been EV training your Hydreigon in speed, or just treating him like a normal Pokemon? I'm not quite sure how trainer EVs work, but I suspect that if you have it EV trained in speed it will go first despite the 2 point difference.
I didn't know about EV training until yesterday but I have been grinding it. I looked it up now and at level 79 it's speed is 226. I don't know what that translates to. As long as I go first before the Volcarona does then it's fine since my Hydreigon has Earthquake.

Old April 25th, 2011 (11:37 AM).
Negative-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
Anyone know where I can buy a National Pokedex book for the games? I got the special edition guide book but it only has the generation 5 Pokemon in the Pokedex. I need a book that shows locations of the other Pokemon. I know I need to beat the Pokemon League first, but I need to know where there all at after I beat the league.
well, you could use serebii, bulbapedia, or veekun instead of a book. i dont think there is a book with the locations for the national dex, especially since most of the pokemon from other regions need to be transferred through dppt or hgss. i think the first edition book shows the available pre-unova pokemon on the after-E4 routes.
Old April 25th, 2011 (12:20 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangedFreak View Post
I was in Dream World the other day, and when i quit i sent Mareep to Entralink, i went in but he wasn't there. Today i got Nidoran (Male) and just sent him to Entralink, Nidoran is there, but mareep still isnt.. What's wrong?

Mareep is showing up as sent in my DW House on the Board
Did you check all the rooms in the Forest, not just the first? That's all I can think of.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old April 25th, 2011 (05:41 PM).
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
I asked Ms. Forever this, but she redirected me here.

So I've been searching for Dream World Exclusive abilities as well as a few choice Dream World Abilities and ran into a slight dilemma. Specifically I am looking for either Seedot or Sneasel or any of their evolutions, but they are not listed in any of the three Dream World Isle locations, the forest being the obvious location for them. Same can be said for some Cave dwelling Pokemon. They aren't listed in any Dream World information on fan based sites such as Serebii or Bulbapedia.

My questions are are there Pokemon that can't be caught in the Dream World yet? In no, then where are the missing Pokemon? If yes, have you heard anything about new Dream Isles to correct this? Or is there maybe going to be a Promo for them?
Old April 25th, 2011 (05:45 PM).
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderO View Post
I asked Ms. Forever this, but she redirected me here.

So I've been searching for Dream World Exclusive abilities as well as a few choice Dream World Abilities and ran into a slight dilemma. Specifically I am looking for either Seedot or Sneasel or any of their evolutions, but they are not listed in any of the three Dream World Isle locations, the forest being the obvious location for them. Same can be said for some Cave dwelling Pokemon. They aren't listed in any Dream World information on fan based sites such as Serebii or Bulbapedia.

My questions are are there Pokemon that can't be caught in the Dream World yet? In no, then where are the missing Pokemon? If yes, have you heard anything about new Dream Isles to correct this? Or is there maybe going to be a Promo for them?
The Pokemon that are not listed in the Dream World isle's are the Pokemon that are yet to be released, so Pokemon like Seedot, Sneasel, Litwick, Jynx etc... have yet to be released.

No one know's if they will ever be released, but they were given a Dream World ability so most likely they'll be released one day.
Old April 25th, 2011 (07:39 PM). Edited April 25th, 2011 by Virtual Headache.
Virtual Headache

I just want to ask this to be sure:
If I have a White version in German on a 3DS (which will be German so the game will run on it) and a Black version in Japanese on a normal DS, will there be any problems (concerning the language or the system) if I want to visit the Black city/White forest of the other player?
Old April 25th, 2011 (08:06 PM).
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Seeing how Pokémon does rather well with the GTS and other international things this generation, I don't really think there would be any problem among the games...

The 3DS is region-locked, if I remember right, so if it's a non-German 3DS then this shouldn't work. But otherwise, the best I can say is to try it yourself!
Old April 25th, 2011 (08:22 PM).
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

And please tell us, I have a 3DS too so I'm interested in knowing .

Old April 25th, 2011 (08:34 PM).
Virtual Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrodkirby86 View Post
Seeing how Pokémon does rather well with the GTS and other international things this generation, I don't really think there would be any problem among the games...

The 3DS is region-locked, if I remember right, so if it's a non-German 3DS then this shouldn't work. But otherwise, the best I can say is to try it yourself!
Okay, I should have mentioned that I would have a German 3DS. Getting the game to work on a 3DS is not what interests me, I'm interested in whether the interaction of two foreign language games who are also on different systems will work
I personally can imagine that trading would work, but visiting someone's Black city/White forest seems a bit different.
Old April 25th, 2011 (09:18 PM).
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Yeah, but I'm still thinking things will be fine...

I mean, it's not like the maps really changed or anything. I'm able to visit my friends' Black Cities and White Forests (albeit, they're American like I am), and I don't really think they removed anything in any particular translation. :v Only the text strings would be different, and Pokémon has the possibility of using international characters so it should be able to handle any foreign symbols (For instance, in someone's name).

If there's a concern about whether the dialogue sent is going to be odd, I think they'll just correspond to their own respective languages, only translated to their thing.

Of course, I'm only making an inference here. I don't want to be insistent, but you should try it out. xD The worst that can happen is the game not being able to do the Entralink stuff, right?
Old April 25th, 2011 (10:15 PM).
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
how do I get to the rest of Mistralton Cave? I'm trying to collect all the TMs in the game
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old April 25th, 2011 (10:21 PM).
King Gumball
Haven't been here for ages...

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Gumball
Quote:
how do I get to the rest of Mistralton Cave? I'm trying to collect all the TMs in the game
I cant find you a map of the cave but you need Strength and Flash to get through it. Just follow all the stairs and doors and you know you have reached the end when you find Cobalon.

EDIT: there are three floors in the cave.

Old April 25th, 2011 (10:25 PM).
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Quote:
All I can recall when venturing through Mistralton Cave is Surf (to get to the cave :V), Strength, and Flash. :/

The only TM there is TM80, Rock Slide, which is at the Northwest corner of the 2F. It's a Strength puzzle...?

I don't really have the clear directions anymore, but Marriland to the rescue on that!

Quote:
Head south, push the boulder into the hole, but grab the Ultra Ball hidden in the nearby rock first. There's also a Hyper Potion hiding in a rock on the other side of the hole on your way west. Climb the steps, head east, then head south and around the southern perimeter until you reach a Hard Stone, an item that powers up the bearer's Rock-type attacks by 20%.
Now head north and push that next boulder into place, but before you head across it, swing north some more and keep going around the northern perimeter of the cave to find TM80 (Rock Slide), a great, staple Rock-type attack with 80 power that hits for Physical-based damage. It has a good chance of inflicting flinch, plus it also hits two opponents in a double battle. It's a very handy TM to have at your disposal!
You can also slither on through the narrow chasm on the floor, heading around and picking up the Iron, along with a PP up hidden in the western side of the room.
There is a ledge you can jump down if you're feeling gutsy, but you should just go back to that boulder now. Go ahead and push its brother into place, too, so you'll have better access for later. Then, head up the stairs, leading you into somewhere new!
Old April 25th, 2011 (11:27 PM).
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Hey, I have a question:

Can you communicate with a friend over WiFi and partake in the Battle Subway Multi Train?

3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu

Old April 26th, 2011 (10:12 AM).
Hildevg
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Ahhh, I don't know where to put this! I'll just put it here, if it's wrong, someone please move it!

I’m having a lot of trouble with Nintendo Wi-Fi Club on Pokémon White… I can connect and get into the room but no one appears and it doesn’t connect to anyone, so I can’t trade/battle/do ANYTHING, I can just walk around the room, talk to the screen and that's it… Does anyone know how to solve this? It’s got me rather cranky, rofl.
It used to work fine until a few days ago... My Palpad also removed all my friendcodes!

Sponsored Links