• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x01 goto $done
message $talk
$talk 1 = I got you an Eevee for your\n birthday. Be responsible!
boxset 6
givepokemon 133 5 0x8B
setflag 0x1200
setflag FR_PKMNMENU
setflag FR_POKEDEX
applymovement 1 $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x12 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000

I'm kinda newbie. KINDA.
But that's the only script I can't get right. Do I have to put in boxset or something?
What script compiler are you using? XSE?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
#org $script
lock
faceplayer
checkflag 0x1200
if 0x01 goto $done
message $talk
$talk 1 = I got you an Eevee for your\n birthday. Be responsible!
boxset 6
givepokemon 133 5 0x8B
setflag 0x1200
setflag FR_PKMNMENU
setflag FR_POKEDEX
applymovement 1 $move
$move 1 ; #binary 0x12 0xFE
pausemove 0x0000

I'm kinda newbie. KINDA.
But that's the only script I can't get right. Do I have to put in boxset or something?

Try and replace FR_PKMNMENU with 0x828 and FR_POKEDEX with 0x829.
Hope it works

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
You know in Pokemon emerald where you get to choose the time

What command allows you to choose the time on the clock

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I think that it's maybe some ASM scripting that activates it, but I don't know it, so you shouldn't jump to conclusion yet.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2011
EDIT: Oh thanks, I'll try it now.

BTW, can't download XSE from hackmew's stuff.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years

I think you should use 'special 0x9D'. If my memory serves me, '0x9E' is for viewing the clock and '0x9D' is for setting it.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Darthatron said:
You can only use one palette without hacking the games engine with ASM. Needless to say, it's no easy task. Though it has been done before. I think it was colcolstyles, though I don't think he will give out the code.

Ok...I just thought of this:

Can I edit the tall grass animation to be another normal grass animation except with another palette? Or do both the normal grass and the tall grass use the same palette? It doesn't need to be one animation with multiple palettes, I just want a snowy one and a green one...

Will that work, or am I not making any sense?

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
Heya,why do people keep skipping me?
But on to my question(please don't skip me again)
the pewter city tileset has gone completely blank,the effects are FF FF FF FF,what happened and how do I fix it?(I know FF is free space,but I'm afraid that when I overwrite,my hack will crash.)

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Quick question hopefully someone can answer :)

In my hack, routes have been replaced by a dungeon system like PMD's (except there's no randomness involved). The problem with this is that Pokemon Ruby has a limited number of flight positions, which means that as of now, my hack is forced into being supremely unforgiving of players dying in dungeons - they're forced back into town and have to start the dungeon all over again. I know you can add more flight positions into the game and then repoint the flight table; but I don't know where to find said flight table in Ruby. ^^' Does anyone know at what offset it starts and ends?

Thanks so much in advance :)

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I'm trying this question again, as I got no answer.

I know this probably isn't very simple if possible, but is there any way to edit the battle animations in Ruby? Mainly, I want to edit signature moves only used by one Pokemon which, in my hack, have been replaced. I already know how to edit everything but the animations. Specifically, I want to edit the animations for Mist Ball, Luster Purge, Doom Desire, and Ice Ball.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Heya,why do people keep skipping me?
But on to my question(please don't skip me again)
the pewter city tileset has gone completely blank,the effects are FF FF FF FF,what happened and how do I fix it?(I know FF is free space,but I'm afraid that when I overwrite,my hack will crash.)

This happened to me once, I think. First you should save a backup of your rom. When adding tilesets, you don't want to extend it past the max # of tiles it allows, and you want to make sure to "load new blocks" before adding new tiles, because sometimes A-Map is a little glitchy with that, and it will seem you have space for new tiles when you don't - you should especially do this any time you change the amount of blocks that will be in your tileset.

With that said, just try redrawing your tilesets, or if you have a backup of your rom, save the good tileset from the backup and insert it into your current rom and see what happens. As long as you have a backup rom, you don't have to worry about screwing something up, because you can start over again if you do.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
Can someone help me, please?

Hello Everybody.. I got this problem with vba-dsl-h.. everytime i tried to use that, the VBA crush =/.
This is what cmd.exe says
Spoiler:

and i let you 2 images too.

I really hope you can help me, please =(

PS: sorry for my bad english =/

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2012
blank ROM?

is it possible to found blank ruby or emerald rom? Where you need to make your own maps, no story line and other things. Now is bad thing. Pokenav. Sometimes other trainers calling. But i dont want it... Or i can somehow delete other callings? When how?

Sorry. My english is bad...

Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2014
Does anybody know if there is a tool to easily edit ability effects? If there isn't do you know what the offsets for the effects are, so as to edit them using hex or ASM?

Frozen2Dream

Unknown
Years
First, can I find a blank ruby patch? As in, a patch that erases every script, map, and fills it with FF? If not, how can I do this manually?

Second. How can I skip the part in Birch's intro where he activates a pokeball to show a pokemon? The whole intro is okay, I just dont want him to activate a pokeball/show a pokemon. (I know I can use IntroED(I think?) to edit it so he doesn't spawn a pokemon, but it still shows the flash animation of him trying to do so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back