• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Goals v. 3.0?

Years
So this is a thread I've posted twice before, and it's pretty simple. (Think of me what you will, but I like your answers!) But I do have an extra question this time! If you were around a little over a year ago, you might have a post in that thread you can use for reference. Even if you didn't post in that thread, chances are you can still answer.

What are your PC goals?
How have your PC goals changed over the years? Have you succeeded in reaching any of them?

As for me:
What are your PC goals?
As of right now, I don't have many. Just don't get in trouble and keep on posting. :) Oh, and contribute to PC to the best of my ability. I don't feel like I'm doing enough these days.

How have your PC goals changed over the years? Have you succeeded in reaching any of them?
From the last thread, they haven't changed very much. They really haven't lately, to be honest. I've been here a long time, and I've experienced so much, that honestly I feel I don't really have much to reach for anymore. The things I can go for, either I'm not interested or I don't feel it's within the realm of possibility. I can always improve, and I probably don't try hard enough, but I still do. Some places I still falter; I still don't post near enough polls here in OVP.
That said, in the past, I did once say I wanted to put more thought in the answers of my polls, and I'm confident I've improved since I set that goal... in 2005. And I did get re-modded here since the last poll. Although at the time I wasn't too serious about getting re-modded, tbh. Maybe. :p

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
Years
Hm.. meet new people, and help new people get acquainted. I really think the more warm welcomes someone gets, the more likely they are to stick around. That's my tiny way of contributing. Post around more. Stay this time instead of leaving. Hopefully make friends but I don't know, I tend to be bad at that.

Over the years, I'm not really sure what my goals were. I remember back then I wanted to follow a certain someone's footsteps, become a better moderator, and talk to certain people more.

Of course, all of that is null now.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My current goal is to be as helpful as I can on PC which sometimes leads me to thinking "am I doing too much... should I just do less" lol :( I also want to make the B/W forum even better than it is now, and continue to hold events whether well, PC wide, or just B/W specific. Since reaaallltyyy I just want to make everyone happy here. XD

Now to the other thread... lolwhat@mypost. My PC goals have changed a lot, really. For a long time I kind of wanted to just prove that there was more to me than an annoying noob, which kinda relates to everything throughout my PC life, even if at some points I wanted to prove myself in bad ways :( Buuut yeah when that thread was posted based on my reply I think all I wanted was to mod OVP, which changed two months later when I wanted to mod B/W. And now I do, so that's one goal I achieved.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
What are your PC goals?
My goal is just to be a good little boy. Keep posting my fanfiction, and stay around for a good while.
Specifically, I'd like to have a fanfic of mine become the most viewed/replied to topic in the FF&W forum. Shattered made it onto the second page of the forum for both, but I'd like Champion Game to go all the way. I think it could, if I just keep up with it.

Back when I was a little nublet, I used to think how awesome it'd be to reach 1,000 posts. That was my ultimate goal for a while, but then I realised it didn't really matter how many posts I had. And now look - I made my 3,000th post last night.

Also, I made a goal to stick around for two years, and I reached that anniversary in January this year.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
The only real goal I have now is to reach 5,000 and then 10,000 posts. XD

It'd be nice to be modded, but given my track record with having power in the past, it rarely ends well. XD

Guy

just a guy
Years
Back in 2009, I had a goal to become a mod. I achieved that goal in 2010 even though it didn't matter to me if I made it as one or not when the opportunity came knocking. After that, a few months down the line, I wanted to mod the Pokémon Anime forum and make it a much better place than it was. I would like to think I made a big change to the forum during the short time I modded it and looked over it. I can't say I actually had any goals to become a Super Moderator at the time (I do recall saying I would like to become one after one whole year of being a mod), but it seems six months was good enough. XD

I guess my main goal now is to become more active on PC again. Lately, I feel that I haven't been up to par on where I used to be when I used to post more frequently, get more involved in events and thread discussions, and overall give more contribution to the forum, and I miss that about myself. I guess it's a lack of motivation and interest, but I'm really working to get back there.

Next to that, I want to make a good example out of myself to other members, but I guess that would go hand in hand with bringing back my activity.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
What are your PC goals?
Pretty much what I posted in the previous thread. Since, as you can see, I haven't been successful in achieving either.

Well seems they haven't really changed much in a year. But as for the future, I'll just figure out for myself. The goals I had around when I first joined PC are a secret. I've met some cool people. But there are still approximately 15 whole years til I start earning money.. c'mon I'm only 7. .___.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
Years
What are your PC goals?

To reach...

- 1000 posts
- 10000 profile visitors (or visits)
- 50 alts before my birthday.

cant answer that question coz I joined 3 months agoo, lollll.

marcc5m

what
Years
What are your PC goals?

To become a moderator of the Emulation section /un-original
To reach 5000 posts
To give PC money

Doubt any of these will happen xD

Honestly it wasn't until about January this year that I had any goals. And from December '09 - March '10 I just wanted to be the best hacker ever xD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I didn't post in the other thread(s). Which I guess is a nice segue way into my answer for the other question.

My main goal is to get out into the community more. I don't want to just stay in my section and only post there. Really, what I want to do is post where I can, helping out people, gaining more of a knowledge of how PC as a whole works.

And if along the way I too (like Hiiro) can become more of a good example for members, it's all good.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
What are your PC goals?
The biggest goal I have for PC is to improve the quality and quantity of discussion in Culture & Media: so, be a good mod, essentially! I wanted to be part of this before I became a mod, what with the 30 Day Song Challenge and all... which is now taking over PC - and, in all honesty, I wasn't expecting to be considered for modship at all - but now I have slightly more power/authority to do stuff that I feel will help the forum, which is good for the whole goal-achieving thing. Post count goals don't really interest me... but it would be nice to get to 5 figures, eventually. Just being a nicer member, helping out more: generic platitude-ish goals like that!

In my first time on staff, I was pretty power hungry and wanted nothing less to be pretty much running the whole forum like Stalin on a power trip. Now that I'm older and - slightly - wiser, I'm not so nakedly desperate for more power: especially at the moment what with all my exams and stuff.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
What are your PC goals?

Well, when I first joined, I guess I just wanted one of those..."blogs" So I wanted to get 5000 posts... n___n;

Nowadays, with me not caring as much about it, I gues smy main goal is to be a good PC role model...I guess. Also, to welcome a bajillion trillion new members, which I should get back to, I just never do because I've been feeling reallllly lazy at the moment. n___n;

Okay, that can be a goal; to be less lazy. :3

Eh, well, being a moderator for Pokemon General is quite the pleasant experience. :3 I haven't quite fufilled my welcoming as of late~

Years
What are your PC goals?
Well, since being promoted recently, my main goals are for Video Games. I have always wanted to improve that board and get the activity up; bring it back to the active days. So, what am I looking to do?
- Get more events going
- Rewards normally mean more activity, so I will be looking into different ways to do this.

With other boards, I am looking to be as active as possible in Graphics & Photography, mainly the photography side. With the opening of the photography school, I hope to help more members develop a passion for photography and to develop their skills to the best of my ability.
As well as this, just to be a better member every day and help out as much as I can.

Well, becoming Video Games moderator was a big goal for me and I really didn't expect to be promoted when I did. I am just happy that I am now, since I have more flexibility and power to do the things that I feel will help the board.

I am not finished yet though. As long as I am a member on PC, I will push myself to be a better member all the time.​

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
What are your PC goals?
To reach 5,000 posts so I can have a blog.

Well, I used to want to become a moderator or NU/W and/or Emulation, but now I don't want anything to do with the staff.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
My only long-standing goal for PC is to gain respect and recognition as an artist. It's more for my ego than anything else, though. In all honesty I feel I'm still in the same place I've been in for years in terms of making a mark here. Not true in other places like dA, though, thankfully. PC is very specialized, though, and a lot smaller.

Hitting that first 1000 mark in terms of post-count will be nice, too.

It's not so much a goal as just a practice or habit, but I also like to make it a point to write well-thought out posts that actually contribute something to a given topic. A goal of sorts that ties into that is just generally to be a good influence on others here and offer wisdom and stories of experience.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
My PC goal is, and always will be, either being a supporter or just get 5,000 posts. I'll be happy by then. ;D

Years
My PC goal is to support everybody else with their own goals. I've had my time on PC as both a moderator and as somebody who had a lot of interest in the forum in general. Now my only intention is to be by my friends and their allies should they ever need a guiding hand. If there's ever a goal out there that can be given the extra push, I would do everything in my power to help that person get exactly what they've always strived for.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Well, I haven't really set a PC goal when I joined. :| Let's see.. I'm a Tier 5 supporter, I'm paired, I have 1000 profile visits, 1000 posts... I'm missing something here.

*5 minutes later*

Ah, yes, I do have a goal. My goal is to be a moderator become a Tier 6 supporter. As soon as I became Tier 5, I later hear about achieving Tier 6 status. And it's going to be a while for me to achieve it.

Other goals would include being a good mentor to new members who join this amazing community.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Only goal at this time would be to (maybe) get a blog that I could call my own going. But I need a higher post count or supporter status of some kind.

Got no credit card.
Got no PayPal.
Guess I'm bum out of luck (for now).

Wonder if my other PC username/account can be 'merged' with this one?
If so, be nice to scrap THAT name nand keep THIS name.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
What are your PC goals?
My goals would be to:
- Keep out of trouble (to not get an infraction or warned for anything)
- Be helpful to the newer members
- Try and achieve at least 5,000 posts by the end of the year
- Be more active
- Take part more in the forum activities.
I've achieved the 1,000 posts goal I wanted to beat and I have also become a Supporter too.
Still need to upgrade to a Supporter tier 5 though

Back