Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2011, 08:55 PM
ArchsageX
The greatest sage.

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Download (Release #1)

What is Elibian Nights?

Elibian Nights is a fan-made "sequel" to Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword (released as just "Fire Emblem" in the United States and Europe). The game follows the stories of Blazing Sword's cast between the end of Blazing Sword and the beginning of its Japan-only sequel, Sword of Seals.

The game is centered around "tales," which are like your standard Fire Emblem chapter. The main difference, however, is that each tale is completely independent. The cast of the first tale will not carry over into the second, and the stories, while some do link together (for example, Tales 1, 2, and 3 provide the backdrop for Tale 5's events), the plots are independent of one-another.

After a tale is completed, the player will be transported to the "Tale Select" screen. At this hub, you can select the next tale you wish to play, choose to replay any of the tales you've completed, and view your Achievements. If you're familiar with the XBOX360, you'll recognize the concept of "Achievements." The game features a total of 20 Achievements to unlock! The game will feature a total of 13 scenarios, with 7 in the current release.

What's in this release?

The first release covers Tales 1 - 4, and all of the gaiden tales. Please note that you should keep this save after playing, since all future releases will simply build off of this release. Consider this to be a "baseline" release, and the only further additions will be the implementation of the remaining tales (which will be released on a per-tale basis).

Check out Elibian Nights, a fan-made sequel to Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword!

Last edited by ArchsageX; July 2nd, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:34 PM
hithere1
Beginning Trainer

Oh my gosh! Arch, you're now on this forum to, it's like you go everywhere! But you know it's good to spread your hack around considering it's like one of the Fire Emblem hacks out there. Good luck I guess!
Old April 26th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Hmm... never actually played fire emblem only watched gameplays of it
But if i find a ro i'll play this hack :3 nice work
gone.
Old April 26th, 2011, 04:08 AM
Ninjutsu95
Bad decisions = Good stories

Nature: Modest
Fire emblem is one of the greatest games i have ever played in my whole entire lives. er... life. xD
This hack is amazing and GREAT WORK! I love it! WOOOOT! Gotta tell this to all my friends because this is awesome!!!!!!!!

.. have i mentioned that i like this hack?
Thought provoking quotes:
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Non Pokemon hacks need more love here. Good job dude.
Check out my Youtube channel. All about ROM Hacks, Indie Games and more!

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Old April 30th, 2011, 07:22 AM
ArchsageX
The greatest sage.

I'm glad to see that people are interested my work :).

This branch of the Elibian Nights advertising was created long after the project was first announced (obviously), so I haven't been able to obsessively update it like the other topics. This "update" may not be anything new to anyone who has followed my work in the past, but let's get pokecommunity up to speed.

I've been working on the next three tales for release v4. Here's Tale 3 pt. 2 screenshots.

Old April 30th, 2011, 12:08 PM
zealot
The King of Fail

Nature: Relaxed
Very excellent, I've become quite fond of Fire Emblem hacking. Let's see, is that a female druid animation? Very nice. And the legendary bow is obtainable at some point...

And Erk is a Mage Night/Valkyrie???

Old April 30th, 2011, 03:27 PM
ArchsageX
The greatest sage.

Yes, Erk became a Mage Knight. I wanted more class variety, so Mage Knights, Great Knights, and Halberdiers have entered the Elibian universe.

Oh, I took a look at your username and thought you might enjoy these (screenshots from Tale 7):

Old April 30th, 2011, 06:26 PM
zealot
The King of Fail

Ahaha! Maybe he won't suck in this game! I assume that you'll be using something similar to the one Blazer is using in TU for the Halberdier?

Old May 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM
Alomar
Follow me on Twitter @Daubs

Nature: Lax
Looks like this will be a great hack to play for all emblem lovers, I've always wanted to work on one of these myself but never got around to it.

I'm a huge medieval fan too so if you want some suggestions for characters I got plenty.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 09:59 AM
ArchsageX
The greatest sage.

@Zealot: The idea is that this tale takes place while Zealot is in his prime. So yeah, definitely no suckage allowed.

Also, the Halberdier animation I use is not the same Blazer uses for TU. I've got the good fortune of using Mage Knight 404's Halberdier, made for his hack A Sacred Dawn.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:10 AM
Poke2011
Beginning Trainer

I'm actually a fan of the game Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and i liked the story and the gameplay but this looks like this hack could even be better than that!

btw will this hack make available the class of Myrrh?
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:25 PM
DonMoosavi

Wow excellent! I haven't played Fire Emblem in many years, I look forward to playing this hack!

Although I must admit i was slightly disappointed at first because the second I saw your post here I assumed an epic amalgamation between Pokemon and Fire Emblem...

Either way looks great!
Old May 6th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Poster
Will pixel art for pizza

Inb4 Ninja Caterpie.
Amazing job, I knew that there are still FE hackers out there! I admit that I like your concept, which makes already existing characters blend well with new ones. That way you're not getting bored while playing it and at the same time you have less work to do (obviously, since not 100% of the characters are going to be custom).

I'll be following this closely.
  • Outdated
Old May 6th, 2011, 07:09 PM
zealot
The King of Fail

Good deal then, no sucky Zealot! And you're using MK404's, that one is also pretty good.

Old May 20th, 2011, 03:42 PM
ArchsageX
The greatest sage.

~Just keep workin', just keep workin'.

Last edited by ArchsageX; May 20th, 2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old May 29th, 2011, 09:03 PM
NTA
Where?

A Fire Emblem hack!!
Love the screenshots and the gameplay :D

What was your incentive?

Old June 6th, 2011, 05:55 PM
ArchsageX
The greatest sage.

My incentive is just that's it's a hobby and I enjoy writing and sharing stories.

Anyways, here's one of the hack's more unique features (to the FE series at least): ACHIEVEMENTS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNHogGzdl2I

The hack will feature 20 achievements total (17 with hints visible at the achievement room, 3 hidden).
Old June 7th, 2011, 12:59 AM
payas0
Beginning Trainer

why is it in UPS format?

can you please make one in IPS format? please?
Old June 7th, 2011, 06:48 AM
ArchsageX
The greatest sage.

The Fire Emblem community has jumped over to the UPS format, which was designed as an improvement to the IPS system for hackers (since IPS wasn't originally made for hacking anyways).

This is a UPS patching tool made by a personal friend of mine. I can't make an IPS patch because the ROM is expanded over 16MB (one of those limitations with IPS patches), and I don't like using stealthpatch's icky and buggy dual-patch system (which is, to my knowledge, the only way for IPS patches to work on files over 16MB). Sorry for all this hacking wonk stuff, but it's hugely beneficial for me to just use the UPS format (heck, it's useful for any hacker, I've got no idea why the archaic IPS is dominant around here). I hope you'll take a moment, download NUPS and then proceed to enjoy the hack :).
Old June 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
ThisOrTheApocalypse
Bananas

This looks awesome, downloading it as I type this! We seriously need more hacks outside of the Pokemon World.
"The wind... it is... blowing..."
Old July 17th, 2011, 12:55 PM
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nice. Plan to do a Pokemon hack; since you are pretty good?
Old July 18th, 2011, 07:35 PM
ArchsageX
The greatest sage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvpski3 View Post
Nice. Plan to do a Pokemon hack; since you are pretty good?
I've dabbled in Pokemon hacking before, but I'm probably going to retire after I finish this hack. Life, college, and all the rest are catching up fast!

Anyways, I haven't updated this topic for a while, but I've got a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G9koFvCPHY

The next release (v4.0) is coming soon to a computer near you!
Old July 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Vittorini
Expert Trainer

Nature: Quiet
This is excellent. I would definitely like to see more hacks of Blazing Sword or Sacred Stones. Downloading now!
Old February 12th, 2012, 06:35 PM
ButchTheCanadian
Beginning Trainer

This is one of the best fire emblem hack i've ever played!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here