The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Research & Development

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed. The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Old February 13th, 2011, 08:19 AM
pokewalker
If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch

Nature: Jolly
I couldn't find a thread about this so created one.
Here, you can share all the discoveries you made in Pokémon Black and White's roms. For example, post the location of the fonts & type logos: (I found this today) a/1/5/9. I found it quite odd that I was using a Jap. Rom but also the type logos of the French, Italian, German, English and Spanish were also in there So, share the locations so we can make a full hacking guide!

Hacking Guide:
Spoiler:
Fonts & type logo's: Root/a/1/5/9
Trainer data: Root/a/0/9/2
Trainer poke: Root/a/0/9/3
Game's logo: Root/titledemo

More coming soon.

If someone wants to make a tool with this information, feel free to. And credit goes to Magius, thanks to him I know the location of the trdata and the trpoke!
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Sora's Nobody
The Official Roxas

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokewalker View Post
Here, you can share all the discoveries you made in Pokémon Black and White's roms. For example, post the location of the fonts & type logos: (I found this today) a/1/5/9. I found it quite odd that I was using a Jap. Rom but also the type logos of the French, Italian, German, English and Spanish were also in there So, share the locations so we can make a full hacking guide!

Hacking Guide:
Spoiler:

More coming soon.

If someone wants to make a tool with this information, feel free to. And credit goes to Magius, thanks to him I know the location of the trdata and the trpoke!
Yes, of course the logo's where there. They have to provide things like that. They're not providing a service by releasing it internationally, it's business. Who else was gonna do it. And i'll look at things.

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Old February 14th, 2011, 03:11 PM
Team Fail

Nature: Brave
I have a thread on BW hacking. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232199

I found some unused graphics. They are in that said thread.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old February 14th, 2011, 03:30 PM
metalflygon08
BIG PECKS

Utuber of Youtube, iirc, once mentioned he found the location of the sprite data, or whoever ripped the moving parts, they should know where it's located.

Current Fakemon Creation
Old February 15th, 2011, 07:11 PM
ChimeraReiax
Beginning Trainer

You're talking about Utuber6061, the same guy who says he exports his remixes/songs with a plugin that doesn't exist that can loop the music.

I don't generally trust him although he is pretty good at making music, and he does seem to have hacked a bit of data (his latest video shows), but he's being obscure about his findings, so either he's going to work on a project he's developing independently or just making things, showing them off and not saying how he did it or giving any proof-of-concept releases or anything.

I dunno, I look into things too much :V

Now, if only we could find the map data and somehow crack the format in order to actually modify it :E
Old February 19th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Hi-Techneon
Trainer

Nature: Rash
Has someone found the location of the maps?

VDex:
White:
Old April 30th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Hikamaru
impossible don't exist

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokewalker View Post

Hacking Guide:
Spoiler:

More coming soon.

Can you give me instructions please?

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links