Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:29 PM
E.C.

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoActor View Post
Thank you for your opinion, CS; I will take your words into consideration.

I am still waiting to hear form more people, so hackers please post your opinions.

Small Update:
I am showing off my favorite park of the bridge, the arches. Hopefully you'll like them as much as I do. :D
type b goes better with the rest of the bridge ( which is really cool btw) and the arches are awesome as well, i have never seen this in another game, so ill make sure to test this game out when there is a beta.
Old April 12th, 2011, 07:32 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
Thanks, I am glad I am getting positive feedback, for I have been putting in a lot of time with this bridge.
~There are those people who understand hex, F the rest
Old April 12th, 2011, 10:03 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Quote:

I am still waiting to hear form more people, so hackers please post your opinions.

Small Update:
I am showing off my favorite park of the bridge, the arches. Hopefully you'll like them as much as I do. :D
The arches look weird because of the camera angle. The normal tiles, such as the mountain tiles, are viewed at an angle while the arches are seen straight on, as if the observer was looking along a plane parallel to the ground. The problem is that everything else is being seen from a downward angle from above, if that makes any sense.

Brother of Vrai
Old April 12th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Quote:

Small Update:
The thing idea is great but colcolstyles said is true.the angle is diffirent from other tiles, does the bridge have different angle as well?

You should resprite it to fit with the other tiles since it look out of
place.

Old April 13th, 2011, 03:40 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Send a message via AIM to NarutoActor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NarutoActor
arh okay, I am going to try hard to fix the angle to make it flow better, thank you all for your comments.
Old April 15th, 2011, 08:41 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Aside from the angles which everyoen seems to be focused on, it seems to me that the colors of the mountain and the bridge clash horribly. Besides that the bridge tiles don't look all that Pokemon styles and so they don't work too well with the default FR tiles.
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
Old April 15th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
Aside from the angles which everyoen seems to be focused on, it seems to me that the colors of the mountain and the bridge clash horribly. Besides that the bridge tiles don't look all that Pokemon styles and so they don't work too well with the default FR tiles.
I did say it look out of place
anyway,
Like i said before it is out of place and also the angle but the concept you have of it is really great so i really want to see how it goes..xD

Old April 18th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Charizard06
Beginning Trainer

both look great i would go with b. just looks better. cant wait to try tje game out. keep the great job up. do u know when u will rlese a beta or demo
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:15 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

UPDATE:
Okay for those who said the colors where clashing. I can understand where your coming from, because you can't see the whole bridge. But the brick changes pallets nicely.

Also I will like to thank everyone who posted their opinion on choice A or B. And with much consideration, I have made a new choice. C. Which incorperates both A and B (And is my new favorite)

Easter Egg! This date has signifigance, I am wondering if any of you addict pokemon players can figure it out.

Just so you guys know I have been working on this hack like a madman. Even though I had a 6hr work day I manidge 13 scripts :D (Some were cpu scipts for the towns.)

Has anyone noticed that in FR when you get into a trainer battle, the trainer walks up to you, and the battle starts. You don't turn to look at them. This is not a problem in ruby, I think gamefreak did this to mirror red, and blue. Well thanks to Jambo, the player now turns to face the trainer before the battle.
Old April 18th, 2011, 11:09 PM
E.C.

Quote:
UPDATE:
Okay for those who said the colors where clashing. I can understand where your coming from, because you can't see the whole bridge. But the brick changes pallets nicely.

Also I will like to thank everyone who posted their opinion on choice A or B. And with much consideration, I have made a new choice. C. Which incorperates both A and B (And is my new favorite)

Easter Egg! This date has signifigance, I am wondering if any of you addict pokemon players can figure it out.

Just so you guys know I have been working on this hack like a madman. Even though I had a 6hr work day I manidge 13 scripts :D (Some were cpu scipts for the towns.)

Has anyone noticed that in FR when you get into a trainer battle, the trainer walks up to you, and the battle starts. You don't turn to look at them. This is not a problem in ruby, I think gamefreak did this to mirror red, and blue. Well thanks to Jambo, the player now turns to face the trainer before the battle.
hmm... february 27 1996.... the day red and blue were released???? am i right or no?
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:51 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Wow good job. That was the official release date in Japan.
Old April 19th, 2011, 08:41 AM
E.C.

Quote:
Wow good job. That was the official release date in Japan.
OH YEA BABY! ! ! xD
what do i win?
how about more easter eggs?
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Pokepal17
More cowbell~

Nature: Modest
Quote:
UPDATE:

Nice work on the trainer facing.
I think the bridge would look better if you use the same kind of floor tile throughout it, even when its angled. :3
Pokémon Stardrop
Old April 19th, 2011, 07:36 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

That was actually my original idea, and it looked a lil odd, but to satisfy myself, there is a section of the bridge where it is like this. (I am still working on that pacific area) In the center of the bridge there is an opening to the north, with two statues on both sides. One being a dialaga, and the other a palkia. It leads to the a small island, with a bakery/ synthesizer.
Old April 28th, 2011, 08:27 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

UPDATE:
yay, this update is all my work I was able to accomplish over spring break. I was hoping to release this information earlier...

This pic introduces one of the main characters, your cousin. Who is different depending on your gender. (So there wnt be two guys, or two girls) also the scripts are different too.

Mugshot hack was implemented thanks to the work of Jambo51.
This hack allows for any battle I chose to display a the mugshot with any pallet I chose.
This happens for important battles, and the colors will be consistent.
i.e Purple is only for battles with your cousin.

Outside the bakery/ Synthesizer. (You give two items and they morph into one. Iam still working on the script and item fusing list xD)

Now where inside.

The useful cell phone makes a return in pokemon light. You can re-battle trainers or just hear conversations if your bored.
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:56 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Hey, Naruto Actor, do you still remember me?
I am Ruka Prince with a changed username.

May I apply as this Hack's grammar corrector/spelling mistake corrector?
I am now an anime dubber, cover singer and a fan of anime. I can still apply as a translator and grammar corrector, though.
Old April 29th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
D: This hack look so awesome ;3
I've also noticed the name of the professor ... Layton xD Professer layton is awesome :D
And the zelda tiles and the bridge is awesome :D This is defanatily a hack worth playing when it is released :3
gone.
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:06 AM
Meri-tje
Cute Pokémon FTW!

Nature: Hasty
I checked this thread a couple of times before
And I keep checking back on it because it really looks interesting!

The new stuff looks great too!, but I didn't expect anything else =)
Hope to see a release soon for this!
Keep at it!
Supporter of:

~~Pokémon Lapis Lazuli~~
Pokémon Shattered Dreams
__Pokémon Tropical Blue__

Ongoing Challenges:

Elimination challenge
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:29 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Hey, Naruto Actor, do you still remember me?
I am Ruka Prince with a changed username.

May I apply as this Hack's grammar corrector/spelling mistake corrector?
Yes, and since I already know your reliable, I don't need anything. I will edit the first post later. Welcome in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
D: This hack look so awesome ;3
I've also noticed the name of the professor ... Layton xD Professer layton is awesome :D
And the zelda tiles and the bridge is awesome :D This is defanatily a hack worth playing when it is released :3
Thanks, Im glad you get some of the references, there are many others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri-tje View Post
I checked this thread a couple of times before
And I keep checking back on it because it really looks interesting!

The new stuff looks great too!, but I didn't expect anything else =)
Hope to see a release soon for this!
Keep at it!
Thank you. Im glad you like my hack
Old May 2nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

I like the cell phone addition

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old May 2nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Darkerm
Darkness is Not always Evil

Nature: Gentle
Wow, This hack improved a lot. I like the cellphone.
I would be great if you change some tiles like trees and some house cuz FR tiles not good enough.
Good luck

"My Hack"

Banner By "YAS"
Old May 2nd, 2011, 04:58 PM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Thanks Im glad you like it. Hmm I am trying my best to make the hack maintain it's firered roots, while creating the atmosphere of a new hack.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:15 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

I would have to say congrats on the HotM,
even though you didn't win, your votes were almost near to the winner which shows how your hack is look upon by most people so yeah congrats on that man, there is always a next time..
anyway i love that you using the fire red tiles so well and other few tiles, and i certainly love the features you put in, like the cellphone!..haha,
anyway, even that, i still want to see more screenshots contributing to the storyline of the hack..haha,
so yeah looking forward to more updates..

Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:41 AM
NarutoActor
The rocks cry out to me
Community Supporter

Thanks and I also plan for more features. Yeah I want to too, it's just the storyline is still in the 'beginning of the game' if you know what I mean.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:47 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Quote:
Thanks and I also plan for more features. Yeah I want to too, it's just the storyline is still in the 'beginning of the game' if you know what I mean.
I know what you mean..haha,
But i certainly can't wait to see more from you..haha

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here