The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, hens return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 3rd, 2011, 04:38 PM
ceremony
rah rah

Nature: Bold
Two questions:

1) If I wanted a Seismitoad with the Poison Touch ability, does he need to know Hydration as a Tympole?

2) Is EV training for a level 100 only possible for one that hasn't had their EVs maxed? I don't want to EV train to worry about having its EVs changed later on.

Black = 3310-4621-6704
Diamond = 1292-3359-4411
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:42 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceremony View Post
Two questions:

1) If I wanted a Seismitoad with the Poison Touch ability, does he need to know Hydration as a Tympole?

2) Is EV training for a level 100 only possible for one that hasn't had their EVs maxed? I don't want to EV train to worry about having its EVs changed later on.
1. That's correct. If it know Swift Swim, it will keep it all the way through.

2. Right, EVs don't change once they're maxed.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:53 PM
BBladem83
Beginning Trainer

How do you obtain a Light Orb in B/W? I think you can in the dream world, but how/where?
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBladem83 View Post
How do you obtain a Light Orb in B/W? I think you can in the dream world, but how/where?
you get it in the museum after the relic castle in black

::EDIT::
you did mean the resherim stone right?
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:56 PM
Efosa13
Beginning Trainer

Can anyone transfer a pokemon with Pokerus to me?
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:00 PM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efosa13 View Post
Can anyone transfer a pokemon with Pokerus to me?
the quick trade thread would be more helpful for that
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:05 PM
BBladem83
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
you get it in the museum after the relic castle in black

::EDIT::
you did mean the resherim stone right?
No I mean the Light Orb, the item that raises Pikachu's Sp. Atk and is the key to getting Pikachu Volt Tackle.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:13 PM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBladem83 View Post
No I mean the Light Orb, the item that raises Pikachu's Sp. Atk and is the key to getting Pikachu Volt Tackle.
doh! forgot about that, either the dream world or someone with a cheating device would probably be your only chance
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
doh! forgot about that, either the dream world or someone with a cheating device would probably be your only chance
Indeed... Though it doesn't seem like you can get the Light Ball in the Dream World yet, since there's no Pikachu nor Light Ball released at this time. :/

Unfortunate. I would have really thought that the Treasure Hunter in Route 13 would be able to give you a Light Ball, but sadly, he doesn't.

If you're using the Light Ball to get a Pichu with Volt Tackle, you might as well do all the stuff in a Gen IV game and then transfer the baby over. Otherwise, if it's for making a pumped up Pikachu, then I guess you're out of luck legitimately for the moment.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:35 PM
TimeforTravel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrodkirby86 View Post
You can't do anything like transfer your own Pokémon over until you did defeat the Elite Four, but at least you can trade with a friend that already did defeat the Elite Four and have access to 3rd Generation Pokémon.
Thanks!, But I don't understand this part. What's the difference between transferring your own Pokémon (not possible) and trading with a friend (possible)? Is it some new feature in gen 5 or something?

Sorry about the spam message above here. It was a test message and I thought it didn't post because the site server was slow, else I would've edited it with the message I posted just now.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeforTravel View Post
Thanks!, But I don't understand this part. What's the difference between transferring your own Pokémon (not possible) and trading with a friend (possible)? Is it some new feature in gen 5 or something?

Sorry about the spam message above here. It was a test message and I thought it didn't post because the site server was slow, else I would've edited it with the message I posted just now.
When I say transferring your own Pokémon, I mean the whole migration/import-your-past-gen-Pokémon thing. xD The only reason why you're unable to do it right now is because, well, you haven't completed the main story yet, so you're unable to get to the PokéTransfer Lab since the route it's on is right now inaccessible to you.

You can simply get around this if you have a friend that did go through the main story, since that friend will be able to access the PokéTransfer Lab, migrate your Pokémon for you, and then trade it over to your game without any limitations.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Arlen
I heart ROBOT

Do the EV stats actually show up at any point, or do they remain hidden?
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
Do the EV stats actually show up at any point, or do they remain hidden?
EV stats are never visible in-game. I believe using a cheat device a la Action Replay you're actually able to see these values, but I've only read such a thing and have not seen visual evidence.

You can still find out if your EV stats are maxed out though by talking to a woman in Opelucid City.

Hopefully you have kept tally of all the Pokémon you battled with that fellow.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 10:59 PM
adadrian
old pokemon trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to adadrian
which pokemon should i use it on? or just keep it?i've used masterballs for all my elite pokemon zekrom,thunderos etc etc.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:04 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by adadrian View Post
which pokemon should i use it on? or just keep it?i've used masterballs for all my elite pokemon zekrom,thunderos etc etc.
Questions like these belong in Quick Questions, which is what this has been merged to, incase anyone has further input.

Not really sure how many masterballs you have, since it sounds like you've got many, but my best suggestion is to use masterballs on roamers like Thundurus, cause they're time consuming and annoying. :(

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old May 3rd, 2011, 11:52 PM
Arlen
I heart ROBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrodkirby86 View Post
EV stats are never visible in-game. I believe using a cheat device a la Action Replay you're actually able to see these values, but I've only read such a thing and have not seen visual evidence.

You can still find out if your EV stats are maxed out though by talking to a woman in Opelucid City.

Hopefully you have kept tally of all the Pokémon you battled with that fellow.
I haven't started EV training yet, need to make sure I don't make any mistakes

Does the lady tell me in which stat it's maxed or just if I've reached the total max?

I'll probably count the EV's in the process though.
Old May 4th, 2011, 12:22 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlen View Post
I haven't started EV training yet, need to make sure I don't make any mistakes :P

Does the lady tell me in which stat it's maxed or just if I've reached the total max?

I'll probably count the EV's in the process though.
The lady tells you when you've reached the total max.
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:00 AM
koji8123
PKMN Collector

Is Entralink local wireless or is it wi-fi? Cause all my people from white forrest left (except one stubborn girl) and I seriously need more people. If it is Wi-fi is there anyone with black version who will let me get more people from their black city ._.?
Zoroark lv89 bashful- Foul Play, Night Daze, Focus Blast, Flamethrower
Victini lv89 Modest- Phychic, Flamethrower, Searing Shot, Thunderbolt
Samurott lv89 Mild- Ice beam, Surf, Blizzard, Scald
Kyurem lv89 Serious- Fly, Outrage, Phychic, Ice beam
Zekrom lv89 Quiet- Thunderbolt, Fusion Bolt, Crunch, Outrage
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by koji8123 View Post
Is Entralink local wireless or is it wi-fi? Cause all my people from white forrest left (except one stubborn girl) and I seriously need more people. If it is Wi-fi is there anyone with black version who will let me get more people from their black city ._.?
Nope, it's only local wifi, sorry. :(

It'd be easier if it was Nintendo wifi though.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old May 4th, 2011, 01:59 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

What do i do after i catch all the sages?
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

In terms of what you can do story wise? Nothing. There's really nothing involving the plot after you find all seven sages. It's over. All that there is left for you to do is battle NPCs and maybe over wireless, participate in Musicals or the Subway, train and Pokemon, explore every inch of Unova, or if you really wanted to, restart over. That is, if you haven't already become Champion.
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

Yah i guess it done and done well TIME TO EV TRAIN 9 diff teams in a row PS: were is a link to a thread about the 3rd game to black and white i cant seem to find it

Last edited by hiff8; May 4th, 2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Poke Mitchell
Beginning Trainer

How can i get celebi without cheating/event. Anyone have one they are willing to trade?
And i caught an axew at level 30, trained it to 36, evolved it, and it seems very week. i was told to make an egg of it a train the level 1 all the way to what i wanted.. Should i do that or just keep training it?
I have been giving it as many minerals as possible but idk if its working that well...
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:26 PM
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Mitchell View Post
How can i get celebi without cheating/event. Anyone have one they are willing to trade?
And i caught an axew at level 30, trained it to 36, evolved it, and it seems very week. i was told to make an egg of it a train the level 1 all the way to what i wanted.. Should i do that or just keep training it?
I have been giving it as many minerals as possible but idk if its working that well...
You might want to go to the quick trade thread for that first one and the second one you might have a bad nature heres a list of the natures
http://www.serebii.net/games/natures.shtml
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:31 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiff8 View Post
Yah i guess it done and done well TIME TO EV TRAIN 9 diff teams in a row PS: were is a link to a thread about the 3rd game to black and white i cant seem to find it
The only thread on the third game is the speculation thread. Since the game hasn't been announced yet, that's all there is to do involving it: speculate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Mitchell View Post
You can try the Quick Trade thread in the Wi-Fi Center to see if anyone is willing to trade you a Celebi.

As for your Axew, personally, I would say train it from level 1. That way, the Pokemon will gain more EVs from battling than the one you caught at level 30. Then there would be a 37 level difference to gain experience and EVs than the 8 level one for the wild Pokemon.

How is your current Fraxure weak? Perhaps you have a bad nature for what you want it to do in battle.

Sponsored Links