The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:33 PM
voodoocakes
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
Where are all the rage candy bars located so I can get a zen mode darmanitan?
And also, cand I breed a zen mode darmanitan to get another one?

Old May 4th, 2011, 02:37 PM
FalconsDrummer
Why yes, I have an Octillery.

Nature: Relaxed
A female Pokémon with a Dream World ability (like a Darmanitan with Zen Mode) has a chance of passing on the ability when you breed it. Only females, not males. As for the Rage Candy Bars, you can get one from a house in Icirrus City, and another from Prof. Juniper post-game. After that, the only way to get them is by beating all the trainers on the Royal Unova on a Saturday.

Pokémon Black Friend Code: 1420 7172 7783
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Mitchell View Post
How can i get celebi without cheating/event. Anyone have one they are willing to trade?
And i caught an axew at level 30, trained it to 36, evolved it, and it seems very week. i was told to make an egg of it a train the level 1 all the way to what i wanted.. Should i do that or just keep training it?
I have been giving it as many minerals as possible but idk if its working that well...
You can technically see if your Fraxure has low initial stats, or anything that's rather sub-par. Go to the Battle Subway and talk to the Ace Trainer you see near immediately at the entrance. If Fraxure is as bad as you think it is, he'll probably say something like it being so-so or decent.

Also, it gets phenomenally powerful once it reaches Haxorus, so it might just be seeming to be weak because right now it's just a mere Fraxure. Training my Zweilous was a little difficult because it wasn't very outstanding and got hurt a lot fighting Pokémon around or higher of its level range. Once it evolved to a Hydreigon though, I was able to have a much easier time wiping enemies out.

Leveling up a Pokémon from 1 up doesn't necessarily mean that you'll get a better Axew or anything. It's all random again, and it's luck to you on whether certain marvelous initial stats of the parents get passed down to the offspring. There's ways to influence it though with certain items, but it's all up to the parents' own stats once more.

Finally, as hiff said, it might just be a hindering nature. You can look at the link he provided to see all the natures, but if you want to see what particular stat is growing or hindered, you can actually check your Fraxure's status screen. The stat with a subtle highlight in red is the helping one while the one stat highlighted in blue is the hindered stat.

Minerals? Vitamins, you mean? Proteins and Carbos can help, but it only goes so much, you know.

I feel like you were expecting an amazing Pokémon, but right now you're a little disappointed that it doesn't seem as marvelous as the hype was. But as I said again, perhaps evolving it to Haxorus will show you the awesomeness that this dragon holds.

By the way, Dragon Dance is an awesome thing for Fraxure. It helped me train the fellow quite quickly.
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:57 PM
Poke Mitchell
Beginning Trainer

Isn't Iron & Calcium considered a mineral?
But I am evolving him soon sense he is level 47 now hopefully that works.
Ill check in trade if someone will trade me a Celebi, but I dont really have any good pokemon to trade at the moment since i just got the game last weekend ^.^

Another Question:
If I battle a friend, and they have a pokemon I havent seen, ex. Celebi., Will it show up in my pokedex so I cant get one in the Global Trade?

Thanks for the help
ps
I cant find my fraxtrues nature?
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:26 PM
adadrian
old pokemon trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to adadrian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post

Questions like these belong in Quick Questions, which is what this has been merged to, incase anyone has further input.

Not really sure how many masterballs you have, since it sounds like you've got many, but my best suggestion is to use masterballs on roamers like Thundurus, cause they're time consuming and annoying.

oops i mean i've used ultra balls on most of my pokemon like thundurus and zekrom

whats the best pokemon to use the masterball with? or shoulud i just keep it? seeing i've used a ultraball with thundurus
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Molts
Novice Breeder

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by adadrian View Post
oops i mean i've used ultra balls on most of my pokemon like thundurus and zekrom

whats the best pokemon to use the masterball with? or shoulud i just keep it? seeing i've used a ultraball with thundurus
There is no "best" pokemon to use the master ball on. I personally always use it on roaming pokemon because catching them normally is a massive pain. If you already have the roaming one, just use it on a common pokemon for giggles, as there's no other reason to use it on anything else since ultra balls can catch any other legendary in a reasonable time span.
Old May 4th, 2011, 04:09 PM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Err..yeah. Are location eyecatches still present in Black and White? AKA, those images present in FR/LG and HG/SS that appear when you first enter an area. I have a sneaking suspicion that those were removed as well. >.<

Thanks in advance for clarifying this.
Old May 4th, 2011, 04:14 PM
FalconsDrummer

Nope, there aren't any eyecatches.

Old May 4th, 2011, 04:20 PM
Starrodkirby86
Das Kirby

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Yahoo to Starrodkirby86 Send a message via Skype™ to Starrodkirby86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke Mitchell View Post
Isn't Iron & Calcium considered a mineral?
But I am evolving him soon sense he is level 47 now hopefully that works.
Ill check in trade if someone will trade me a Celebi, but I dont really have any good pokemon to trade at the moment since i just got the game last weekend ^.^

Another Question:
If I battle a friend, and they have a pokemon I havent seen, ex. Celebi., Will it show up in my pokedex so I cant get one in the Global Trade?

Thanks for the help
ps
I cant find my fraxtrues nature?
Well, true, they're metals in the Periodic Table, but they're also daily supplements we need in our nutritional diets, which is what Pokémon was basing things off of. They're certainly shaped like pills, after all.

Multiplayer battles do not affect the Pokédex, if I recall correctly. Someone correct me on this, but I believe this is the case.

As was mentioned before (I think?), you can ask someone to trade you a Celebii over in the Quick Trade topic in our Trade Corner board. Go to the Wi-Fi Center board, then to the Trade Corner here.

Check the Summary screen of your Pokémon. I believe it's the first flap.
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoocakes View Post
Where are all the rage candy bars located so I can get a zen mode darmanitan?
I have the same question. I used a Rare Candy Bar by accident on a Zen Darmantian and I then I killed x_x

So yeah, are there any more Rare Candy Bars?
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:26 PM
FalconsDrummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I have the same question. I used a Rare Candy Bar by accident on a Zen Darmantian and I then I killed x_x

So yeah, are there any more Rare Candy Bars?
I already answered this up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconsDrummer View Post
A female Pokémon with a Dream World ability (like a Darmanitan with Zen Mode) has a chance of passing on the ability when you breed it. Only females, not males. As for the Rage Candy Bars, you can get one from a house in Icirrus City, and another from Prof. Juniper post-game. After that, the only way to get them is by beating all the trainers on the Royal Unova on a Saturday.

Old May 4th, 2011, 06:39 PM
ceremony
rah rah

Nature: Bold
Which Darumaka here looks like it has the most potential? I don't really understand the IV calculator...

Both are just hatched.

Adamant, Likes to fight
Hidden Power=Ice
12/12, 7,5,4,5,5

Adamant, Likes to thrash about
Hidden Power=Water
12/12, 7,5,4,5,6

I'm looking to EV train it in Attack and Speed. The rest in Defense.

Black = 3310-4621-6704
Diamond = 1292-3359-4411
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Theobald
<-

@ceremony

The second one.

Old May 4th, 2011, 06:47 PM
ceremony
rah rah

Why so? When I put them in the calculator they turned out the same, even though they look different to me

Black = 3310-4621-6704
Diamond = 1292-3359-4411
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Theobald
<-

Well, first of all, assuming they're both level one, the second one has higher speed.
Second, the characteristics for the second one are seemingly better.

"Likes to thrash about" gives the Pokemon a potential 31 IVs in Attack and other stats, whereas "Likes to fight" only gives them potentially 28. Of course, it's possible that the second one only has 25 Attack IVs, and not 31.

To be sure, I would go to the Subway Judge in the Battle Subway, if he says something along the lines of "Can't be better" for the second one, then it has 31 IVs in Attack.

Old May 4th, 2011, 08:47 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Today while in the dream world, I kept getting "data processing" or "invalid access" errors when trying to do plant berries or befriend Pokémon. It's been happening after almost every other time I play a minigame (and I don't get the Pokemon...). I've also been getting strange errors with Japanese text. This is the first time I've ever experienced these errors. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

Old May 5th, 2011, 09:46 AM
OneofFour
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéSwimmer View Post
Today while in the dream world, I kept getting "data processing" or "invalid access" errors when trying to do plant berries or befriend Pokémon. It's been happening after almost every other time I play a minigame (and I don't get the Pokemon...). I've also been getting strange errors with Japanese text. This is the first time I've ever experienced these errors. Has anyone else been experiencing this?

I think I had these problems, along with the common registration error, the other day. It seemed to me that logging in and out of the dream world, though it would cost your day's play I think, seemed to fix the issue.
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:33 PM
ceremony
rah rah

What does Sheer Force + Life Orb actually do? I know Sheer Force cancels Life Orb's recoil, but does it increase attack by 60%? If not, then I don't really see the point of Life Orb with Sheer Force.

Black = 3310-4621-6704
Diamond = 1292-3359-4411
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Molts
Novice Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceremony View Post
What does Sheer Force + Life Orb actually do? I know Sheer Force cancels Life Orb's recoil, but does it increase attack by 60%? If not, then I don't really see the point of Life Orb with Sheer Force.
From my understanding its a multiplicative effect,

flare blitz + life orb= 156 power
flare blitz + sheer force = 156 power
flare blitz + life orb + sheer force = 202.8 with 0 recoil.
(assuming darmanitan)
flare blitz+ life orb + sheer force + STAB = 304.2 power

So you one shot against anything that doesn't resist it, or doesn't prevent it.
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Neiko Star
Dancing rain

Nature: Impish
I'm EV training my Prinplup in Special Attack with Litwicks and the Power Lens, but for some reason it only ever gets +2 or +3 in Special Attack when it levels up. Is this normal?
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:07 PM
shenanigans
GONE DANCIN'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neiko Star View Post
I'm EV training my Prinplup in Special Attack with Litwicks and the Power Lens, but for some reason it only ever gets +2 or +3 in Special Attack when it levels up. Is this normal?
Yes, that is normal. EVs aren't all applied at once as raw stats; it takes time until you reach Lv 100 to spread them out.
Old May 5th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Sloth Tamer
Sloth attack victim? PM me.

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sloth Tamer
Ok, so I currently have about 132 EVs on attack for my Darumaka. Seeing as how I'm edging up on my 152 cap (+100 from proteins) I went and bought 10 proteins to use up. Welllllllll Here's where I'm lost. I tried to use the proteins and it said they wont have any effect, but my Darumaka's EV's aren't maxed yet? Maybe I'm not grasping something about EV training, but could someone please explain? The guide I used is from Serebii.net, I can't post a direct link, but It's on the right side in Mechanics>Effort Values
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:01 PM
Theobald
<-

You should use Vitamins before starting EV training. If I recall correctly, if the Pokemon has 100+ EVs in Attack, then Protein won't have any effect and so on for Defense/Calcium, etc.

Old May 5th, 2011, 04:03 PM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
use muscle wings from the draw bridge to top it off
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old May 5th, 2011, 04:39 PM
Molts
Novice Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
use muscle wings from the draw bridge to top it off
The wings are actually quite useless for EV training. They only give 1 point, you have a low chance of getting the wing you need, and it takes a lot longer to get any reasonable amount of them. If you have a few on hand sure use it, but NEVER grind for them, its very inefficient.

Sponsored Links