The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 6th, 2011 (03:42 AM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

It's a surprise what it'll look like, but I can verify that Vaporeon is not in it. :[
Make sure when you do that favourite Pokemon challenge event thing that you were planning for later this year has one one it then among other regular challenger's favourite Pokemon.
Old May 6th, 2011 (04:16 AM).
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Sammu has gotten his types Sneaky guy's mission is clear
Bug: X - 2/8

On hold: Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Water: White 2 - 2/8

Old May 6th, 2011 (04:25 AM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
If it was such a sneaky task you performed, then you wouldn't be telling anyone that you did it. Not to mention even publically posting it for someone. A real sneaky bugger would've been a ninja about it and thrown an explosive tag on a kunai with the message, which would then explode after them memorising it. :P
Old May 6th, 2011 (10:44 AM).
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

The Attack,Defence and Avoider challenge:

The defender will have to have moves such as tail whip,growl or any status move

They can't not do damage to the pokemon apart from poison or burnt

The attacker must be pokemon that knows 4 good moves to knock any type of pokemon out

The Avoider must be a bird pokemon that has the Fly HM and Double Team

One notice is that the defender has to battle all of the time, If it faints you must knock all your other pokemon out

Optional for harder challenge:

You have to use one type
Only allowed to use 3 poke balls in the game
No boxed pokemon
You cannot spend any money what-so-ever
You have to sell all your items you pick up throughout the game apart from Key Items and Berries, The only balls you can use are the ones at the start
You must only use each pokemon center when you first get to the town and after the gym
If choosing to spend money here are some ways to limited what you buy:
No status items must be bought
Only allowed to buy stuff from vending machines <apart from black and white as it become easier in those games to have access to a machine>
Only able to buy Ultra Balls
Only able to buy one of the custom balls
Only able to buy Full Restores and revives

Notice: The defender has to battle before the attacker an avoider and you can't switch until you use a move such a tail whip or move that status pokemon

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old May 6th, 2011 (11:05 AM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Make sure when you do that favourite Pokemon challenge event thing that you were planning for later this year has one one it then among other regular challenger's favourite Pokemon.
When did I say I was planning that? :( I never tell you guys my event plans! :o
Old May 6th, 2011 (11:19 AM).
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Quote:

When did I say I was planning that? I never tell you guys my event plans! :o
Actually you have talked about a tournament thing, but i think vaporeon7 just didn't know about his Future sight skills. Have you been staring into the sun lately, Vaporeon?

Old May 6th, 2011 (05:00 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Quote:

So if you planned an event, which for some reason would be a sexy party for Larry, you wouldn't tell me us about it? :|
Old May 6th, 2011 (08:43 PM).
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:

I have been talking to the Xatu from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

You told us about it when we were discussing event challenges a few months ago. You said that you didn't want to have an Easter event because you didn't know when Easter was and then Alternative suggested making a challenge where we have to use each other's favourite Pokemon. You then went on to say how you were planning that for an event later on in the year (for your birthday iicr).
Old May 6th, 2011 (09:08 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Quote:
So if you planned an event, which for some reason would be a sexy party for Larry, you wouldn't tell me us about it? :|
Sexy parties stay within my pairing. Why would I invite you? >:o

Quote:
You told us about it when we were discussing event challenges a few months ago. You said that you didn't want to have an Easter event because you didn't know when Easter was and then Alternative suggested making a challenge where we have to use each other's favourite Pokemon. You then went on to say how you were planning that for an event later on in the year (for your birthday iicr).
WELL YOU SEE...if I were planning that around MY birthday...you'd all be stuck with MY favorites! :) But Get Together is usually in August, so we'll have to find another way to celebrate my birthday...like...by...making a cake. Or putting graffiti on a wall.
Old May 7th, 2011 (03:34 AM).
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Quote:

Sexy parties stay within my pairing. Why would I invite you? >:o

WELL YOU SEE...if I were planning that around MY birthday...you'd all be stuck with MY favorites! But Get Together is usually in August, so we'll have to find another way to celebrate my birthday...like...by...making a cake. Or putting graffiti on a wall.
A Smeargle challenge for syds birthday

Old May 7th, 2011 (03:12 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Hey now, that's not a bad idea. ;) My original username was SilverSmeargleSplatter anyway...a better challenge would be to give me a shiny Smeargle. :D -shot-
Old May 7th, 2011 (06:42 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

I have a Shiny Smeargle. This little set-up could be arranged. :)
Old May 7th, 2011 (08:28 PM).
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
Quote:

It's a surprise what it'll look like, but I can verify that Vaporeon is not in it. :[

That exists though, lmao.
aww, I thought I was being origonal, anyway most of 'em are level 30 and moving toward my third badge, they're named after the seven sages, does that count as new?
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old May 7th, 2011 (09:00 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

...Nah...not really. Someone made a thread about naming their Eeveelutions after the Sages. And I know a few people that have, so...:x
Old May 10th, 2011 (05:49 AM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Has there ever been some sort of challenge where people can only use Pokemon which are separated by version differences? So you would only be allowed to use Pokemon like Volbeat and Illumise, and Whimsicott and those Pokemon.
Old May 10th, 2011 (12:34 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
Has there ever been some sort of challenge where people can only use Pokemon which are separated by version differences? So you would only be allowed to use Pokemon like Volbeat and Illumise, and Whimsicott and those Pokemon.
While there hasn't been one exclusively for Pokemon that are version exclusive, there has been one called 'The Special Pairs Challenge' which is what you're talking about, with the addition of like Jynx/Magmar/Electabuzz, Weedle/Caterpie, and stuff like that. Some of them can be caught in the same game, they just go together.

I got sort of bored, so I started making my own catalog for all the challenges we've made ever. I've got the year of challenges in one excel document, a short description of each, and which version we're on. Almost all of the 82 challenges we have are either on version 1 or 2, but then we have Anime, Random, and Mononame at 3, Duo and Monocolor on version 4, Trio on version 6, and Nuzlocke, Unevolved/basic, and Gym Leader on their 7th edition!!! Goodness that's a lot or reviving a thread. The current Gym Leader Challenge hasn't even been posted in since March 30th.

Anyways, I'm going to organize them into categories now (like themes in a category, groups ((colors, body type, IQ group, etc.)), user assisted ((ones where another user picks part of your team like the scramble, favorite, moveset, etc.)), character based ((Gym Leader, Anime, Evil Team, etc.))) and then possibly post it in a spoiler here. Do you guys think we should make a thread for an index or something? I'm pretty sure it was talked about once or twice, but I forgot what we decided. It could be helpful for people who participated in like a leg of an Ultimate Challenge in one thread, and then sorta forgot about it, only to want to do the challenge the next time that the thread popped up. They could just go to the index, click a link to one of the original threads, and voila! They can now easily copy-paste their progress!
Old May 10th, 2011 (01:07 PM).
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Awesome idea :D

I just made my favorites list for the favorite challenge, and when i count in the end, 30% where NFE! 0.o Wish me good luck :I (The list includes Petilil )

Old May 10th, 2011 (02:11 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespoke View Post
Awesome idea :D

I just made my favorites list for the favorite challenge, and when i count in the end, 30% where NFE! 0.o Wish me good luck :I (The list includes Petilil )
Lol. I haven't made mine yet for B/W. But mine for DPPt had one NFE Pokemon on it.
Old May 10th, 2011 (06:55 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Mine was mostly NFE too, mainly middle. tbh, I'm surprised I didn't end up with many NFE Pokemon in this run. Only NFE I have is Wartortle, which hey, that's not too bad. It hatched with Blizzard, which I wasn't expecting. XD;
Old May 10th, 2011 (09:05 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

I should really get around to making a list for that challenge, but only use it for future reference. I'd only really use it for if I want to start my Black game again, and actually do the challenge. My only problem would be using lots of non-Unova Pokemon, which is probably the biggest set back to be doing it. I'd actually consider doing it though. :)
Old May 10th, 2011 (09:13 PM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Could just do the Unova-only version of it. I made that one so that people that can't trade and transfer and such (or just preferred this entirely) had a way to do the challenge. If I did THAT version though, I would probably have a full NFE team.
Old May 10th, 2011 (09:25 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

I have the ability to trade and everything, I just don't want to stick with just Unova Pokemon. I could probably alter it so that a few Unova Pokemon are in my favourites so I have a higher chance to get more Unova Pokemon.
Old May 10th, 2011 (10:46 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
I have the ability to trade and everything, I just don't want to stick with just Unova Pokemon. I could probably alter it so that a few Unova Pokemon are in my favourites so I have a higher chance to get more Unova Pokemon.
But then that's lying about your challenge. If they're not actually your favorites, then you shouldn't have them on the list, right?
Old May 11th, 2011 (03:20 AM).
sh0kk
me

I like the gym leader one that Charmageddon had...and the shinies only XD. The shiny one would take a million years though, unless you were really lucky, really should just hunt for shinies in platinum or something.

Old May 11th, 2011 (08:35 AM).
Sydian
1000 forms of fear

Quote:
But then that's lying about your challenge. If they're not actually your favorites, then you shouldn't have them on the list, right?
Essentially this. I had a lot of Unova Pokemon on my list, but I ended up with a full team of non-Unova Pokemon. You really just can't control it.

Quote:
I like the gym leader one that Charmageddon had...and the shinies only XD. The shiny one would take a million years though, unless you were really lucky, really should just hunt for shinies in platinum or something.
I have a friend that's actually SRing for a shiny at every chance possible in SoulSilver, and...yeah, that's a lot to SR for. She's even SRing for shiny roamers.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links