The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 7th, 2011, 03:05 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Did Misty officially catch Togepi? Or did she just carry it around?
Old March 7th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Did Misty officially catch Togepi? Or did she just carry it around?
Since it wasn't a wild Pokemon encounter, it cannot be labeled as a 'catch'. Togepi chose Misty as it's trainer (since it thought that she was her mother), so it's her Pokemon. She didn't just carry it around, but also used Togepi in a battle against Ash's Pikachu over the ownership of Totodile, even though Pikachu didn't attack Togepi.
Old March 8th, 2011, 12:16 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicTH View Post

The first image is from the fourth pokémon movie "Pokémon 4Ever" I think it's when jessie and james are trying to hold on to the tree so they don't get sucked into the scary dark celebi monster vortex thingee.

I can say for certain that the second image is from the diamond and pearl episode "Dressed for Jess Success!" james took part in a pokémon contest for Jessie because she was too ill and won. :3

>Yay me, I remembered those without any searching :3

Old March 9th, 2011, 07:19 PM
DeathOfBlades
AYE SIR!

Nature: Adamant
I literally stopped watching the Sinnoh series right after Dawn made her decision to still follow Ash to see his Sinnoh Pokemon League battle and they were on a boat.

Now that both Black and White are out and my hearing of the news about Unova region coming to the show.... I just wanted to ask a couple of questions .... Is Brock taking a separate path? Is Dawn taking a separate path like all the girl characters have?

Does this mean no more Brock and Dawn ?

Oh and this is probably gonna be moved to the "Frequently Asked Questions & Simple Help Thread" ‎
Friend Code: 1118-7482-0385
Pokemon Heart Gold:
Name: Landon
Friend Code: 2665-4326-1035

Last edited by DeathOfBlades; March 9th, 2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Brock stated that he wanted to become a Pokemon Doctor, so he left for Kanto instead of traveling with Ash to Unova. As for Dawn, she had received an invitation from Hermione (or Paris; not sure) for her Buneary and decided to stay in Sinnoh then. She later decided to travel to Hoenn for contests.

Last edited by Regeneration; March 10th, 2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Your thread was moved to the questions sticky. Please use this thread for any future questions you might have! :)

Also, listen to Regeneration. That guy knows his stuff!

Paired to cr4y

Old March 9th, 2011, 10:06 PM
DeathOfBlades
AYE SIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regeneration View Post
Brock stated that he wanted to become a Pokemon Doctor, so he left for Kanto instead of traveling with Ash to Unova. As for Dawn, she had received an invitation Hermione (or Paris; not sure) for her Buneary and decided to stay in Sinnoh then. She later decided to travel to Hoenn for contests.
So does that mean no Brock or Dawn? Or are they making a separate series for those two?
Pokemon Heart Gold:
Old March 9th, 2011, 10:35 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Yes, no more Brock or Dawn. They do however have a special episode each.
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:37 AM
DeathOfBlades
AYE SIR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
Yes, no more Brock or Dawn. They do however have a special episode each.
Awwwww... I'm really going to miss both of them a lot.. Well I did for May and Lyra but then again the series has been so long that I've gotten used to the Sinnoh characters and now they have to depart their separate ways ... It's like they say.. All good things always comes to an end.

Now I'll be looking forward to seeing the Black and White (Anime) series.
Pokemon Heart Gold:
Old March 10th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

I'd like to know if anyone could refer me to good websites with episode and character concept art related to Team Rocket and their relatives. I'd like to see the original designs for Jessie & James, Jessibelle, Giovanni, Butch & Cassidy and so on. I hope some of them are circulating on the web! Note that I know the sunyshore website already.

Thanks a lot!

Old March 11th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

I found this a few days ago on bulbapedia;
Spoiler:

If you take a look at the bottom right hand corner you can see Jessie and James in black costumes, this could just maybe suggest they were originally supposed to wear black costumes, as it seems to be old anime art.

Old March 11th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

^ Wow, that's pretty cool. They hadn't even thought of the dub names by then, hehe. Hilarious that they refer to Shigeru as Takeshi though >__> It seems they hadn't even decided on using the word "evolve" back then, either.

On topic, interesting that they had originally decided to have Jessie and James wearing the usual TR uniform, but had Butch and Cassidy wear it instead.
Old March 11th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Yeah, I remember this outfit! I was wondering where it came from. Thanks for sharing!

"The Rocket Society, an infamous league of mad scientists" hahaha!

Old March 29th, 2011, 06:20 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Pikachu's Past?? Any info on that?
Old March 30th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Pikachu's Past?? Any info on that?
There's something I'm not completely sure of, but in the episode, Pikachu's Goodbye, Ash's Pikachu apparently finds the tree where he used to live earlier. He might have been caught by Professor Oak, (in reference to Pokemon Yellow), who then gave it to Ash, even though he wasn't really supposed to give him that Pikachu. Just because he saw how sad Ash was, he gave him that Pikachu.

This is just some speculation, so I'm not completely sure of this. I'm trying to verify the events in that episode. :\
Old April 9th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Irone
Beginning Trainer

Where can i download/watch the anime series, from the beggining, online?
Old April 9th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irone View Post
Where can i download/watch the anime series, from the beggining, online?
It's against the rules to ask where to download or watch episodes/movies ilegally. The only way weather it isn't would be to watch it online at pokemon.com.

Old April 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM
Irone
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post

It's against the rules to ask where to download or watch episodes/movies ilegally. The only way weather it isn't would be to watch it online at pokemon.com.
Thank you and sorry.

-Irone
Old May 4th, 2011, 05:41 AM
Derezzed
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Sassy
My question is probably best suited here and regards less the anime and more the actual act of watching it. I'm from the UK and would love to get the movies on DVD, I have the first two or three floating about but I was wondering if there were any online stores where I could grab all of the movies released thus far? Amazon seems to be lacking in that department.
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:07 AM
ryaneden
Beginning Trainer

Just like the title says can you watch the each of the Pokemon series be watched at once (Like Original Advance DP Best Wishes) Since they each take place in a different region?
Old May 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
You mean, get through them at the same time, and still understand what goes on?

Yeahhh, none of them really continue off each other much, with the exception of certain characters leaving and entering with each new region. Though, the characters don't change much, if at all, and the story starts out fresh each time. So technically, yeah, you could watch them all at once and have no problem.

Just as long as you start at the beginning of each series, you should be fine. xD
Old May 8th, 2011, 11:58 AM
ShinyMeganium
Trainer

I have a question to all the anime fans here. I used to watch the Pokemon anime in my childhood, and I stopped during about the Hoenn season, though I watched some of the Sinnoh episodes every now and then for nostalgia's sake.

Now, I stopped watching because of 2 reasons. I grew over it, and the episodes felt kinda repetitive. Ash is being too nice for other people, saves them from Team Rocket, everybody smiles and he leaves the area...I just missed the originality of the episodes up to the Orange islands and the beginning of Johto.

Either way, I have a few questions for those who watch the new episodes:
1. If you agree with me on the 2nd paragraph, is there any improvement in these episodes? Does the plot vary more?
2. I've noticed Brock is gone. Is it just a seasonal thing, or is he gone for good? Do you want him back?
3. Are the characters still always too nice to each other, or does it start to feel like the Ash/Misty relations a little?
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
1. The same basic concepts still apply. Ash wants to catch pokemon and be a pokemon master, he wants to beat the league, he has a rival that is a jerk and so on. As for the episodes themselves they are some of them that are recycled ideas of previous seasons but that's is a given since we are 5 Sagas in now.

2. He is replaced with Cilan. He had his spot light in DP One Hour special as well as Dawn, so no I don't want him back. And he is aspiring to be a Doctor and I doubt he would accomplish that by constantly traveling on Ash adventures. So if we do see him again it will probably never be as a main character role.

3. Ash and Iris have a brother sister relationship so to speak where they argue with each other. Iris constantly calls him a little kid, berates him, points out his flaws and blunders, and so on. So the nice thing is not going on between them as it was for May and Dawn.

If you really want to get a sense of if it is too repetitive for you then just watch a couple episodes. They did change up Team Rocket role for awhile. Ash also seems to be rotating his pokemon more then previous seasons as well.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 8th, 2011, 12:45 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Ash and Iris will be a big dejavu like with Misty.

However, Ash got so much more immature, and worst of all...

Old May 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Has there been any update on when the Postponed episodes will be aired?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links