The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 29th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
Yeah, the enjoyment of it keeps me hacking too :D
In the last few months, I've been learning something new nearly every day !

Awesome
I can see it already: "Sawakita's Scripting Compendium, 2010 - 2011"
(in G/S one: "2004-2005, Tauwasser")
It's funny, I actually have a .txt file on the Hard Disk saved with an almost identical name. It's still rather incomplete and cryptic, so it's going to stay there, for the moment.

@tehGDS, Nintendork15: thanks.

| 1st Gen Hacking: Useful Links | A good example of REAL ROM Hacking |
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Not sure if its possible
but
are you going to hack the intro
with gengar and nidoran fighting (:
Old December 29th, 2010, 01:46 PM
rosebunny
Beta/Grammar Tester - Dr.Rose

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post
Not sure if its possible
but
with gengar and nidoran fighting (:
It is possible, I don't know how easy it it though

There would be more but I can only have 10 Images on
Old December 30th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
Not sure if its possible
but
with gengar and jigglypuff (since it's blue) fighting (:
I'm definitely going to edit it. In fact the animation won't be about a pokemon battle at all (if I don't change idea once again before modifying it).

Old January 14th, 2011, 08:29 PM
bleedpark
Spriter & Hacker

This hack is very impressive looking. It gives off the feeling of nostalgia mixed with the excitment of todays games. I was a huge fun of the Brown/Prism series and i look forward and am prepared to expect great things from you in the future. Great job again.

Old January 24th, 2011, 10:19 PM
shihan42
Sciduck

Nature: Jolly
You just don't see enough hacks of blue/red anymore, let alone good ones. I am really looking forward to see how yours turns out.
Old January 25th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedpark View Post
This hack is very impressive looking. It gives off the feeling of nostalgia mixed with the excitment of todays games. I was a huge fun of the Brown/Prism series and i look forward and am prepared to expect great things from you in the future. Great job again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihan42 View Post
You just don't see enough hacks of blue/red anymore, let alone good ones. I am really looking forward to see how yours turns out.
Thanks.

At the moment I'm working on implementing RTC:

The screenshot doesn't tell too much, anyway I've already made the main engine (data storing and calculating); still need to fix some calculation error ("NITE 12" should be "NITE 0", and there's something else wrong, you don't see here), and put a "what time is it now?" at the beginning of the game.

Using SGB you'll have different outside palettes for day/night. Not to mention the time-determined events that will be possible with RTC.

Old January 30th, 2011, 05:55 AM
~Red
Meh. Hate me if you will.

Nature: Relaxed
Ah, well, just goes to show how much Wisteria sucked
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Red View Post
Ah, well, just goes to show how much Wisteria sucked
Wisteria didnt suck it was a good game actually :3
i liked it

anyway on topic ;D

The RTC system looks good :3
first time i seen a r/b/y with a RTC feature

EDIT: when you say there's something else wrong?
is it that there's a sign in a wall
Old January 31st, 2011, 09:14 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
when you say there's something else wrong?
is it that there's a sign in a wall
Haha, no, that sign is meant to be like that; actually I was talking about RTC troubles, but they shouldn't be too hard to fix (just need to find some free time to do it...)

Old February 10th, 2011, 11:04 AM
SeleneHime
Aspiring Author

Nature: Quiet
Maybe I missed it, but ... I can't find the download for Pokemon Wood. Could someone point it out for me please? Sorry.

I support:

Old February 12th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeleneHime View Post
Maybe I missed it, but ... I can't find the download for Pokemon Wood. Could someone point it out for me please? Sorry.
There's no public release yet. I'll edit first post since this wasn't specified there.

Old February 12th, 2011, 10:12 AM
SeleneHime
Aspiring Author

Nature: Quiet
Ah, okay. The way everyone was talking, it sounded as if they had already played part of it. Thank you for clarifying.

I support:

Old April 2nd, 2011, 02:07 AM
AmatuerHacker
Beginning Trainer

not gonna lie, but i think this will exceed pokemon brown. i've seen you on skeetendo and simply love the devamps you did. the screenshots look brilliant and those scripts as well look fantastic. I know tihs is probably the most annoying question, but do you know when you'll release a first beta?
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmatuerHacker View Post
not gonna lie, but i think this will exceed pokemon brown. i've seen you on skeetendo and simply love the devamps you did. the screenshots look brilliant and those scripts as well look fantastic. I know this is probably the most annoying question, but do you know when you'll release a first beta?
I really have no idea about when I'll reach a release date, sorry.

Anyway..
Finally RTC is done! It was hard and took some time, but now it's completed. Large parts of code have been taken from Gold; the Intro's "time-setting" was inspired by GSC too, as you can see in this video:

It will allow different palettes between day/night, also on GB mode (greenscale):

.........MORN/DAY......................NIGHT...........

----

(SGB mode, colors aren't definitives)

Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
LaureTheLoner

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to LaureTheLoner
I've been craving a good GBC hack D: I hope this is ready soon and I wish you luck

White Version FC: 0046 4161 0929

Pokedex: 176/644
Old May 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Wow! Day/Night on a GB rom ._.
You sir are a genius!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:17 PM
Kip
Highpaw!
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Rash
This hack is just ... wow. It deserves heaps of respect. This is the next generation (lol) Generation I hack, carrying on from where Brown and other Brown-like hacks left off. Fantastic work.

Seriously, a dude who goes as far as writing his own program to help create a hack clearly means business and deserves heaps of respect. The fact that you've managed to reverse engineer technologies from later games (RTC system is just... aaaaaah) is frankly brilliant (though I would guess Pokémon animations would be just a step too far? ).

All of that, and plus there is a well thought out plot and story behind it. Interesting characters, plot twists, etc, etc. Managing that amongst all the technical barriers you've traversed is also an achievement.

I guess on the whole, really nice work. Big thumbs up for the respect department. Keep at it!

PS - Nice boxart. Suitably retro. Definitely looks like a 90's scan-to-gif job (if that was the effect you were going for ' It's still good composition nonetheless). Ahh... what the Internet used to be... [insert Dial-Up Connection noise here]

Old May 4th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

Quote:
=============
I've been craving a good GBC hack D: I hope this is ready soon and I wish you luck
=============
Wow! Day/Night on a GB rom ._.
You sir are a genius!
=============
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip View Post
This hack is just ... wow. It deserves heaps of respect. ^^ This is the next generation (lol) Generation I hack, carrying on from where Brown and other Brown-like hacks left off. Fantastic work.

Seriously, a dude who goes as far as writing his own program to help create a hack clearly means business and deserves heaps of respect. The fact that you've managed to reverse engineer technologies from later games (RTC system is just... aaaaaah) is frankly brilliant (though I would guess Pokémon animations would be just a step too far? :P ).

All of that, and plus there is a well thought out plot and story behind it. Interesting characters, plot twists, etc, etc. Managing that amongst all the technical barriers you've traversed is also an achievement.

I guess on the whole, really nice work. Big thumbs up for the respect department. ^^ Keep at it!
Thank you for the good feedback. About animations, it could definitely possible although it would take a lot of space for added sprites (since I couldn't manage to build a compresser for new images and I reworked the engine to load uncompressed images too), and I also don't feel like devamping and inserting 160+ sprites again.At least not now. Anyway I want you all to know that I always like to receive suggestions about features and ideas to put into this project, so, thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip View Post
PS - Nice boxart. Suitably retro. Definitely looks like a 90's scan-to-gif job (if that was the effect you were going for ^^' It's still good composition nonetheless). Ahh... what the Internet used to be... [insert Dial-Up Connection noise here]
Haha, well I made it in the time when I was devamping pokemon sprites so I felt like making a devamped boxart too!

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:09 AM
Sawakita
Not Invented Here

I've added an info screen at the beginning of the game (thanks to Mateo for the design of the Skeetendo logo). I've also edited the SGB border to a more fitting color scheme:

I also modified the palette loading function, so now each pokemon has its own palette (Blue used only 10 different palette for all the 151 pokemon):

Bonus screen: route view at night time.

Old May 9th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawakita View Post
I've added an info screen at the beginning of the game (thanks to Mateo for the design of the Skeetendo logo). I've also edited the SGB border to a more fitting color scheme:

I also modified the palette loading function, so now each pokemon has its own palette (Blue used only 10 different palette for all the 151 pokemon):

Bonus screen: route view at night time.
Wow you just don't cease to amaze me. This looks like G/S/C hack as opposed to a RBGY hack which is amazing! I really like your devamps too. Though I'm curious as to why you chose Blue over Gold/Silver? Keep up the good work.
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Saten Ruiko
» ^-^

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Saten Ruiko
Since my English is limited I'll try to say it as short as I can: You hack awesome, maybe one of the best GB-Hacks around these forums. I love your story and the features. The screenshots are as sweet as sugar, same to your latest update. I will definitely bookmark this, keep up the good work!

Last edited by Saten Ruiko; May 9th, 2011 at 06:42 AM.
Old May 9th, 2011, 11:23 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

It looks like a 2. gen game, with is awesome for a 1. gen hack :D And you have chosen some of my favorite sprites for individual pokemon (Like Silver Bulbasaur if i'm not wrong)

Bookmarked.
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM
namy_90
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Jolly
whoa nice hack there,
is there gonna be a RTC event in this game?
good luck, i hope you can complete this hack
Old May 12th, 2011, 02:29 PM
Coolboyman
Veteran Hacker

Nature: Bold
Official statement: This hack will be better than my Pokemon Brown if completed.

I'm very proud of you and everyone who is pushing ROM hacking forward while I'm busy with other stuff. Keep it up.

Brown:

Prism : - Four Gym Summer 2010 Beta available now!

Twitter
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links