• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Team Cloyster

Years
  • Seen May 13, 2011
Sorry it's not too pretty this time. I'm in a rush. I'll fix it up later. All help is greatly appreciated :)

Cloyster @ Life Orb [Water / Ice]
Jolly Nature
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Attack / 208 Speed
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Blade

The powerhouse and the main member of this team. Gen 5 has made this pokemon great. I used to use him RBY and now he is useful enough to use competitively.

Magnezone @ Leftovers [Electric / Steel, x4 Ground Weakness]
Timid Nature
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 216 Speed
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Magnezone is here to cover Cloyster's biggest weakness. Empoleon. Since Empoleon can resist all of Cloyster's moves and OHKO him with a Grass Knot. I figure Magnezone would be the best switch in since his ability and keep Empoleon from switching out and I can quickly get rid of him. Flash Cannon is there just in case someone wants to switch a Tyranitar on something I don't have trapped.

Forretress @ Shed Shell [Bug / Steel, x4 Fire Weakness]
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Defense / 80 Sp. Defense
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Forretress is for a Defensive Wall and to be able to set up Spikes and T. Spikes and also blow away entry hazards.

Jellicent @ Leftovers [Water / Ghost]
Bold Nature
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Defense / 44 Speed
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Jellicent comes in on predicted Rapid Spin and can stall many pokemon. Taunt is there to stop pokemon using moves like Blissey. Will-o-wisp is there for anything that can resist the poison from Toxic Spikes or if Toxic Spikes gets blown away.

Hydregion @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Dragon Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- U-Turn

Going to try this one. Fire Blast for Steels and U-Turn for Celebi and Reuniclus

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Ability: Justified
EVs: 50 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Sacred Sword
- Stone Edge

A end game sweeper and can take down the likes of Gyarados, Herracross, Hydreigon, Conkeldurr, Heatran, and Rotom-W. Also and experimental Pokemon.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Not here for an incredibly detailed rate but tbh your team has a hugehugehuge issue, especially if Cloyster is your key sweeper - you're Conkeldurr weak. I think the only things it doesn't OHKO with a +1 Mach Punch is Magnezone and Jellicent, and Jelli loses to Guts-boosted Payback where Magnezone hits with with Thunderbolt and then dies to Drain Punch and Durr gets all its health back. I'd try something like Reuniclus or Gliscor over someone - right now, you simply cannot avoid getting beaten by Conkeldurr entirely.

Back