The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 9th, 2011, 08:35 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
Yes, I'll change the music so that the cities and places
will change appropriate music. Unfortunately, Trainers will not share any
names at all. All of them will have a new name. (Custom)
Also, since I hate the cave and forest music in R/S/E, the caves and forests will either have the Game Corner, Lilycove Museum or the Slateport Museum music.

The English version is the translation of LP. It is heavily edited in Trainer names and Pokédex entries.
Also, all Trainer sprites will match their OWs,
unlike the original LP.
I'm sorry but I have to say this: LP isn't your hack. As such shouldn't the decisions about anything other than translating be left up to Wesley FG? According to what you say in the thread, you have permission to translate not make creative changes depending on what YOU like. It just annoys me to no end that you're here making all of these changes like you're a co-creator of the hack or something. At the end of the day I'll probably avoid the English patch since it won't be the exact same as Wesley intended it to be.
Old May 9th, 2011, 09:00 AM
roseball23
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
I'm sorry but I have to say this: LP isn't your hack. As such shouldn't the decisions about anything other than translating be left up to Wesley FG? According to what you say in the thread, you have permission to translate not make creative changes depending on what YOU like. It just annoys me to no end that you're here making all of these changes like you're a co-creator of the hack or something. At the end of the day I'll probably avoid the English patch since it won't be the exact same as Wesley intended it to be.
Why do people have a problem with prince working on this hack?

1. Wesley gave him permission, which means he can make changes.
2. Since Wesley wasn't going to make a translated version, nor work on the rom, I'm glad prince has taken over, I would have been sad if an english version never came out for this game.

I have seen this hack forever and I have been really anticipating this, so I feel that people just need to let prince do this if you like the porteguese version better, no one is going to stop you, but I am really waiting for this hack, since I don't understand porteguese and I love stories in video games so I can't play without understanding what is going on. Please continue your work prince, looking forward to the hack.
Old May 9th, 2011, 06:35 PM
joanacevedo
Beginning Trainer

Hi Sorry i have a problem i cant found the snowce city gym trainer
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:17 PM
aminatep
Beginning Trainer

Mt. Pyre music is fine. Unfortunately, Sealed Chamber music is not one of my favorites. Do you have any other suggestions?
Why I do have other suggestions!

How about you make a clean version.

Clean means "not horribly mangled".
Because using game corner music in caves equals horribly mangled.

Quote:
By the way, it's revealed that a random Trainer named "Lancy" is Lance's son.
Who was, ahem, clever enough to give a character such a name?
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:29 PM
jomlarena
Beginning Trainer

hey i downloaded that game.. ITS GREAT man great job!!! but can u make an english version that works on gpsp? just a suggestion =) oh and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Old May 10th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Hexagon

After downloading the English beta version i can't get it to work on my computer. I'm using VBA 1.72 as emu and applied the patch through lisp to ruby.

So are there any specific settings for the emulator or should i use a different one.
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:08 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarcastic Prince
Quote:
Originally Posted by aminatep View Post
Why I do have other suggestions!

How about you make a clean version.

Clean means "not horribly mangled".
Because using game corner music in caves equals horribly mangled.

Who was, ahem, clever enough to give a character such a name?
I'm not using Game Corner music for the caves anymore.
I'm using Mt. Pyre music or anything else that is acceptable for the caves.
Oh, and Wesley originally made the name Lancy.
Lancy is indeed Lance's son. Before you battle him, his quote is:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancy View Post
My name's Lancy, the son of Lance!

Quote:
I'm not just the translator, I'm also the main editor. I have permission
to change whatever I hate. I'm asking for opinions because I'm trying to make LP better. Game Corner, Slateport Museum and Lilycove Museum are
no longer be the caves' music. Rather, they will all be replaced by Mt. Pyre or any other music that suits a cave.

Oh, and I just made another name change to a Gym Leader.
Esmeralda ------> Floria
Reason for name change: Isn't it weird to have a Gym Leader
named after Esmerald City?
Origin of name: Based on the word flora.

Oh, and QM, all of the changes I've made are just for the good of LP.
If you never tried it, how would you know that it'll turn out bad?

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; May 10th, 2011 at 02:17 AM. Reason: More stuff to say
Old May 10th, 2011, 02:25 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Quote:
lol..i support this as well in a different way.
yes you have wesley permission, but everytime i see a post here i was always hoping for new updates on the game itself from wesly but it always changes from what i see in wesley site and the main post from what you changing.
But yeah some people still want to play the english version so it is not wrong..haha,

But i really want to try it too to see how it differs from the original..
[S]You could always make another thread on a translated version..lol..[\S]

Old May 10th, 2011, 02:47 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Stardust View Post

lol..i support this as well in a different way.
yes you have wesley permission, but everytime i see a post here i was always hoping for new updates on the game itself from wesly but it always changes from what i see in wesley site and the main post from what you changing.
But yeah some people still want to play the english version so it is not wrong..haha,

But i really want to try it too to see how it differs from the original..
[S]You could always make another thread on a translated version..lol..[\S]
It doesn't differ a lot from the original version.
I'll be changing:
Difficulty of Trainers - Easier (Somehow)

Music - You will not hear the same music track over and over again.
Thanks to SBP, the music now matches every area.
Also, Leaders, Elite Four and Champion will NOT have normal Trainer music.
Instead, they will have suitable music.
Eg. Leaders will have Leader music, Elite Four will have Elite Four music and
Champion will have Champion music.

New PKMN are added. (Gallade, Glaceon, Leafeon, Mamoswine and Rhyperior)
Sadly, GBA Roms can only hold 5 evolution data, so Glaceon and Leafeon can't be evolved with Eevee. Instead, they can be caught in the wild.
Rhydon and Piloswine will evolve into Rhyperior and Mamoswine respectively
when they reach Lv. 55.

Kirlia will be evolve into Gallade when its Attack is higher than its Defense.

New cries are added. Now, almost every Gen 4 and 5 PKMN will have their suitable cries! (Except for the Gen 4 and 5 PKMN in the free 25 slots)

No more Japanese Gen 5 PKMN names! They will all have their English names.

Pokédex Entries are edited! In the original LP, Wesley is too lazy to edit Gen 5
PKMN entries. Well, in the English version, ALL of the Gen 5 PKMN (Except for Gen 5 PKMN in the 25 free slots) will have their corresponding entries inserted!

Name changes will be made to important people and Gym Leaders.
Also, every Trainer will have their own name. Those names
are custom made, and they will not be reused.

Jessica ---> Ariadna
Name origin: Comes from the Biology term, Arachnid.

Lucas ---> Lakie
Name origin: Comes from "lake".

Thomas ---> Auric
Name origin: Comes from "aura".

Terra ----> Mitsis ("Mitz" as the abbreviation)
Name origin: "Land" for Georgian.

Marina ---> Vatten ("Vatt" as the abbreviation)
Name origin: "Water" for Swedish.

Shirley ---> Shirl
Reason for name change: All admins in Team Steam
have custom names (Sheyla, Katyne). Well, Shirley is obviously
NOT a custom name, so I'm going to name her "Shirl" instead.

Rayner ---> Voltige
Name origin: Comes from "volt".

Decapitalization of every single name.
You name it. Towns, people names, PKMN have their names decapitalized.

That's pretty much I'm going to edit LP.
Old May 10th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
I'll be changing:

Sadly, GBA Roms can only hold 5 evolution data, so Glaceon and Leafeon can't be evolved with Eevee. Instead, they can be caught in the wild.
when they reach Lv. 55.

Kirlia will be evolve into Gallade when its Attack is higher than its Defense.

New cries are added. Now, almost every Gen 4 and 5 PKMN will have their suitable cries! (Except for the Gen 4 and 5 PKMN in the free 25 slots)

No more Japanese Gen 5 PKMN names! They will all have their English names.

Pokédex Entries are edited! In the original LP, Wesley is too lazy to edit Gen 5
PKMN entries. Well, in the English version, ALL of the Gen 5 PKMN (Except for Gen 5 PKMN in the 25 free slots) will have their corresponding entries inserted!

Jessica ---> Ariadna

Lucas ---> Lakie

Thomas ---> Auric

Shirley ---> Shirl

Rayner ---> Voltige

Decapitalization of every single name.
You name it. Towns, people names, PKMN have their names decapitalized.

That's pretty much I'm going to edit LP.
My issue isn't really that you're making changes just that you are making quite a few unnecassary changes. For example the change of Esmeralda to Floria. Esmeralda is a nice name and the fact that she was named after a city adds to her character. Floria is just another generic "sounds-like-a-flower" name that you'd give a grass gym leader. [assuming she's a grass type leader]. Also Rayner to Voltige is another unnecessary change. If I recall correctly Rayner may come from Rayo the spanish word for thunderbolt/beam/lightning. Voltige is just another obvious pun [phonetically it would be pronounced like Voltage < bad pun], not to mention it doesn't even sound like a real name. Some of these names have their roots in spanish and or portuguese and I think, seeing as Wesley is Portuguese [or spanish], those names should remain. What I'm most confused about is why change Terra [from the spanish word for earth/land] to a name with Gorgian roots when Wesley isnt even from Georgia? Same goes for Marina. If you're going to go through with this those 4 names should remain the way they are.
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:34 PM
smilewolfy
pokemon photographer

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to smilewolfy
I went to the website in the first persons sig and downloaded the rom from there. gonna play it soon but is that the final version? is there even a completed version?
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilewolfy View Post
I went to the website in the first persons sig and downloaded the rom from there. gonna play it soon but is that the final version? is there even a completed version?
Yes, it is. Unfortunately, it is NOT the English version.
It's not recommended to play the Portuguese version,
because you will get stuck and soon, you'll be so frustrated
on not knowing where to go and you'll quit playing it.

At least that's what I think on playing a hack in a language I don't
understand.
Old May 11th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Karthid
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthid View Post
How do you get the guy blocking the bridge to move after the fourth gym?
Can someone please answer me i really wanna keep playing.
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

You know how in some places like Route 402 and Seanport Lighthouse, where a trainer was supposed to battle you didn't? I hope that you fixed it. What I mean is as in the Camper in Route 402 and the Sailor in Seanport Lighthouse. Also some trainers' Pokemon can be fixed with A-Trainer. You can look at what the Pokemon the trainer was supposed to use in PET and fix it with A-Trainer.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!

Last edited by SonicBlazePlatinum; May 11th, 2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
You know how in some places like Route 402 and Seanport Lighthouse, where a trainer was supposed to battle you didn't? I hope that you fixed it. What I mean is as in the Camper in Route 402 and the Sailor in Seanport Lighthouse. Also some trainers' Pokemon can be fixed with A-Trainer. You can look at what the Pokemon the trainer was supposed to use in PET and fix it with A-Trainer.
I'm actually aware these problems. However, there will be no more Campers or Lasses. Campers will be replaced by other Trainer classes, (Lady, Scientist, etc.) and Lasses will be replaced by a new Trainer class. The new Trainer class is "Teenager". I even made OWs for that Trainer class so that it fits its own sprite.

By the way, are you trying to say that some Trainers' PKMN are repeated?
If so, I replaced them with new ones by inputting new Trainers from the empty slots. (The ones that do not have any names)
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:24 AM
astrall

When will be the full english version released?

@Sarcastic Prince
Why dont you focus yourself first on translating, (just suggesting, ), rather than changing some aspects of the game? And then after translation, you release a modified/improved version, that will be great, one with preserved hack like the original and one with fixed and modification which credits goes to you.
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:36 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrall View Post
When will be the full english version released?

@Sarcastic Prince
Why dont you focus yourself first on translating, (just suggesting, ), rather than changing some aspects of the game? And then after translation, you release a modified/improved version, that will be great, one with preserved hack like the original and one with fixed and modification which credits goes to you.
I'm changing some aspects of the game because my partner Ash is still making more of the changes I want. (I keep sending him the updated version of the LP patch, but he has been inactive lately.) Both of them are done (Translation, change of aspects) at the same time.

Oh, and the English version is not close to finishing at all.
Not until Ash sends me back the patch, of course.

Lastly, does anyone have Advance Text that works for Windows 7?
I need it to edit the Pokédex entries after the free 25 slots.
When I used YAPE to edit the Pokédex entries after the free 25 slots,
it screws up the sprites in the game.
If so, send it via PM.
Old May 12th, 2011, 03:09 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\

That's not what I meant. I meant that there are trainers that act like you've beaten them but haven't had a battle yet and an example I used was the Camper that uses Stunky on Route 402, and he's not the only one. The same glitch was in Flora Sky but it was fixed.
Pokemon WARPED: Fixed Beta 3, to be available when I ask permission from Magneto20 or the other guy to fix it. Farfetch'd! Septo Conquest Deluxe is on hold until WARPED is finished to be more awesoming.
Pokemon Light Platinum X will be coming soon after CycloneGU makes a fixed version of the current release.
Also coming soon is Pokemon Summer, Autumn, Winter, and Spring. Also to be known as the Pokemon Seasons, Pokemon Summer and Winter coming soon first!
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
...How about everyone stops criticizing what the translator is doing for no payment in his free time, and waits patiently until it's finished?

Jeez. If I got half as much flak for doing something I volunteered to do as Sarcastic Prince is getting, I'd have quit long ago.

Much thanks to your endurance, kind sir. Some of us, at least, respect and appreciate what you're doing and the effort involved. I'll be waiting patiently until you're done.
Old May 12th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Manou26
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthid View Post
Can someone please answer me i really wanna keep playing.
You just need to go into the tower at the nort west of the city (sorry I don't remeber its name...) and do the event in it (if I remember , this is an event about the Team Steam...)
Then you'll be able to go through the bridge!
Old May 13th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Quote:
I'll be changing:
Well that's good, the hack may be a little too much for some.

Quote:
Custom music or remixes of exsting music over the course of five generations, or just the preset music in the game?

Quote:
when they reach Lv. 55.
So, what happens if you breed them, will you get an Eevee, or anoter Leafeon or Glaceon?

Quote:

Jessica ---> Ariadna

Lucas ---> Lakie

Thomas ---> Auric

Shirley ---> Shirl

Rayner ---> Voltige
Though unnessicary in my opinion (except Lucas, whom is the main protaganist of Gen 4, since Pokemon follows the One Steve Limit rule) they are all good except "Lakie", which sounds like something a five year old would say, and "Auric", which has too close of a relationship to Lucario. Not trying to sound rude or anything, but those two are the only names that bother me.

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old May 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
That's not what I meant. I meant that there are trainers that act like you've beaten them but haven't had a battle yet and an example I used was the Camper that uses Stunky on Route 402, and he's not the only one. The same glitch was in Flora Sky but it was fixed.
I understand. I already fixed these problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebyte View Post
...How about everyone stops criticizing what the translator is doing for no payment in his free time, and waits patiently until it's finished?

Jeez. If I got half as much flak for doing something I volunteered to do as Sarcastic Prince is getting, I'd have quit long ago.

Much thanks to your endurance, kind sir. Some of us, at least, respect and appreciate what you're doing and the effort involved. I'll be waiting patiently until you're done.
I don't really mind if people criticize me. In fact, that is how I managed to get most of my ideas on how to improve LP. Thank you for your kind comments, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
Well that's good, the hack may be a little too much for some.
1. Custom music or remixes of exsting music over the course of five generations, or just the preset music in the game?

2. So, what happens if you breed them, will you get an Eevee, or anoter Leafeon or Glaceon?

3. Though unnessicary in my opinion (except Lucas, whom is the main protaganist of Gen 4, since Pokemon follows the One Steve Limit rule) they are all good except "Lakie", which sounds like something a five year old would say, and "Auric", which has too close of a relationship to Lucario. Not trying to sound rude or anything, but those two are the only names that bother me.
Let me answer your questions one by one.
1. I will be using present music in the hack. Wesley didn't use the Leader, Elite Four and Champion music for the corresponding trainers in the hack.
Those music tracks are from the original Ruby Rom.

2. If you breed Leafeon or Glaceon, you will get an Eevee.
Unfortunately, you cannot evolve it back to Leafeon or Glaceon.
This case is similar to that of Phione and Manaphy.

3. I know "Lakie" doesn't sound very good. Do you have a better opinion on naming a Water type Gym Leader? I have no problems with Auric, though.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; May 14th, 2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
'Auric' seems to refer to gold more so than an aura, in my opinion.

As for a water leader... Hm. I didn't catch the gender, but 'Marina' works for a female. As for a guy... is 'Lockheed' too much of a stretch? (Going from the Scottish 'loch')

I don't even know if that's an actual name, I've just read too many X-Men comics in my lifetime...

EDIT: Ahahahahaha.... Eddy.

Last edited by Snakebyte; May 14th, 2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 12:58 AM
Superjub

Quote:
3. I know "Lakie" doesn't sound very good. Do you have a better opinion on naming a Water type Gym Leader? I have no problems with Auric, though.
He DOES have a Lucario in his team. That's why I named him Auric.
River is a good name for a male Water gym leader, although it is pretty obvious. XD

Trent is also another water-related name, as it is of Latin origin and means "gushing waters" apparently, according to this website.

Just throwing some ideas out there~ :D

Last edited by Superjub; May 14th, 2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
River is a good name for a male Water gym leader, although it is pretty obvious. XD

Trent is also another water-related name, as it is of Latin origin and means "gushing waters" apparently, according to this website.

Just throwing some ideas out there~ :D
I'm going to name him "Trentan" then. I think it's the best I can name a Water type Trainer.

Last edited by Sarcastic Prince; May 14th, 2011 at 07:06 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links