The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 5th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Meri-tje
Cute Pokémon FTW!

Nature: Hasty
Ok after reading the whole damn faq I can finally conclude it's not in there
And here I was thinking this would be a faq...

Anyway, my question: I can't find working gameshark codes for pokémon encounters in 3rd gen
The cheats to get teleported when you go through a door and stuff work fine though

So what did I do wrong?
Do I have an incompatible rom, or are the codes wrong, or...

And is there any other way to hack in wild pokémon?

~~Pokémon Lapis Lazuli~~
Pokémon Shattered Dreams
__Pokémon Tropical Blue__

Ongoing Challenges:

Elimination challenge
Old May 7th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meri-tje View Post
Ok after reading the whole damn faq I can finally conclude it's not in there
And here I was thinking this would be a faq...

Anyway, my question: I can't find working gameshark codes for pokémon encounters in 3rd gen
The cheats to get teleported when you go through a door and stuff work fine though

So what did I do wrong?
Do I have an incompatible rom, or are the codes wrong, or...

And is there any other way to hack in wild pokémon?
Sorry but we're not aloud to give out cheat codes on here no more. :( If I were you, I'd go search Google, they'll be out there somewhere.
Old May 11th, 2011, 09:21 AM
lunaeclipse
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naive
Hey guys, on pokemon emerald i have this vapoureon level 81 that knows surf and i wanted to transfer it to my pokemon heart gold but it cant forget surf, that move deleter says that this move is too well leared for it to be forgotton but ive worked realy hard and i dont want it to go to waste please help me!!
Old May 11th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaeclipse View Post
Hey guys, on pokemon emerald i have this vapoureon level 81 that knows surf and i wanted to transfer it to my pokemon heart gold but it cant forget surf, that move deleter says that this move is too well leared for it to be forgotton but ive worked realy hard and i dont want it to go to waste please help me!!
There's nothing you can do, \: Vaporeon cannot be transfered now. :(
Old May 11th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Elder Trainer
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaeclipse View Post
If the Move Deleter won't make Vaporeon forget Surf, it can be for one or both of the following reasons:

1. Vaporeon is the only Pokemon you have that knows Surf, or

2. Surf is the only move Vaporeon knows.

If the first scenario is the case, then just teach Surf to another Pokemon, then try having Vaporeon forget it again. If it knows only Surf, then teach it a move via TM or the Move Relearner (he is located in Fallarbor Town and charges a Heart Scale for his services) then take it back to the Move Deleter.

If you try both and it still won't forget Surf, then you may have to raise another from scratch.
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:14 PM
BloodPact
Beginning Trainer

Would anyone be able to help me? I cant seem to be able to make a cave entrance work in my Hack of LG. I can go in but not back out. Someone please PM me to help me. I would much appreciate it. // And does anyone know where I can find a ROm of the Pokemon Trading Card Game?
Old May 11th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
This thread is for asking about official games I'm afraid. And you'll have to Google the ROM, since we're not allowed to link or distribute them. Sorry.
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Nature: Lonely
So I can not help but wonder something.
I recently restarted my Emerald and am trying for a shiny treeko. I have been hard resetting which is just using the power switch because yesterday when I started the task I realized that the soft resetting button combination 'Start + Select + Left + Right', does not work on Gameboy Advanced games in the DS.

So what I want to know is, hard resetting would still work wouldn't it? I always hear people talk about soft resetting when talking about shiny hunting and I know I have achieved female starters via hard resetting but I can't help but wonder if it is ok for shinies too.

My screenshot album
http://pinterest.com/darknesswithin/pokemon-games/
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:39 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Halo View Post
So I can not help but wonder something.
I recently restarted my Emerald and am trying for a shiny treeko. I have been hard resetting which is just using the power switch because yesterday when I started the task I realized that the soft resetting button combination 'Start + Select + Left + Right', does not work on Gameboy Advanced games in the DS.

So what I want to know is, hard resetting would still work wouldn't it? I always hear people talk about soft resetting when talking about shiny hunting and I know I have achieved female starters via hard resetting but I can't help but wonder if it is ok for shinies too.
Pressing L, R, Start & Select should soft reset your game, I just tested it, maybe one of your buttons is faulty or something. \:

Anyway, I think HR is still an option, SR'ing is just faster and easier.
Old May 18th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

Pressing L, R, Start & Select should soft reset your game, I just tested it, maybe one of your buttons is faulty or something. \:

Anyway, I think HR is still an option, SR'ing is just faster and easier.
I know the combination, and my buttons are fine. It works fine with my pokemon Black, but it does not work with my Emerald.

My screenshot album
Old May 18th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Wrong combination for GBA games. You're looking for A+B+start+select. Try that instead. Good luck with your Treecko, btw. I was trying for one myself. Got bored though, lmao.
Old May 18th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Wrong combination for GBA games. You're looking for A+B+start+select. Try that instead. Good luck with your Treecko, btw. I was trying for one myself. Got bored though, lmao.
Ah ok, I am in my Ruby now searching for a Phanpy in the Safari Zone but I will be sure to give that a try tomorrow and let you know.

Yeah I tried for a shiny Chikorita in my Soul Silver for about a week then I got bored and anxious to start playing so I gave up. XP
But I refuse to give up this time.

My screenshot album
Old May 19th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Gonzo
RNG Sommelier
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I can't get to Saffron, what should I do?

クリムガン
It races through narrow caves, using its sharp claws to catch prey. The skin on its face is harder than a rock.

PokéCommunity Supporter Collab

Pair | Family
Old May 19th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

@Sydian: thanks for the button combination, the A+B+Start+Select. It's more annoying to press due to the position of the buttons but I do prefer it to hard resetting.

@Gonz0: Do you mean because of the guard in the passage way to Saffron from Celedon? You need to speak to the old lady on the first floor of the Celedon mansion(the one where you obtain Eevee) who will give you Tea. This tea is to be given to the guard who has been complaining of being thirsty. Unlike the original Red/Blue/Green/Yellow where it could be any beverage from the Celedon dept. store, in FR/LG it HAS to be this tea.

My screenshot album

Last edited by Liquid Halo; May 19th, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:46 AM
Jubilation
lesbihonest

Nature: Brave
Can someone please explain why when I use electric moves against Wallace's Milotic, it does virtually no damage?
Old May 23rd, 2011, 09:42 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Um, what move are you using, who's using it, what level are they? A lot of things factor into this, but I'm positive that Milotic has a very high special defense.
Old May 23rd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

@Jubilation: Yes it seems to me like you are perhaps under level to be challenging Wallace because in my Sapphire version my I believe level 51 Pikachu took Milotic out like nobody's business. Or my Vileplume might have done it, I can't remember it was a while ago but I remember it was not a challenge because I made sure to be high leveled after that damn milotic was such a pain in the butt to me in my very first Third gen, Ruby file. So perhaps try a grass pokemon as opposed to electric and definitely try to out level it by at least five.

Also make sure you are not using a lower level move such as Thundershock as opposed to Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt when you could use Thunder.

Another thing to consider is an Alteria with Perish Song. My bestie told me that it really saved her ass against Steven in her Ruby. So although I have yet to use it myself(although I will I am training one in my Ruby now) It sounds super useful.

My screenshot album
Old May 23rd, 2011, 06:17 PM
DashBlacK
DashBlacK ~ The Last Chader

Nature: Calm
Hey guys!

I am new to the forums here. I have been searching on Google and PC for FireRed 386 since Friday like 2 hours everyday and cannot find it. So I give up and request help from members of PC. Please share with me the link to an official thread of FR 386 if there is one or if anyone could share the download link with me.

Hope you can help
Old May 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Seeds Horizon
Gotta love that feeling~

Nature: Naughty
Ah, is that a ROM or hack? If so, no ones allowed to give st00f like that out D:.

Also, in my Emerald, my Grovyle is getting totally owned by Brawlys Fighting types (Its been ages since I played third generation, so its still like back when I first opened up my Ruby XD), is there any Pokemon nearby, like a Ralts or something that can do a little damage on his team that I can train up..Really dont feel like overleveling my Grovyle to take out one measly gym D:.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge- Electric
Yellow/ Crystal/Emerald/Diamond
Old May 25th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeds Horizon View Post
Ah, is that a ROM or hack? If so, no ones allowed to give st00f like that out D:.

Also, in my Emerald, my Grovyle is getting totally owned by Brawlys Fighting types (Its been ages since I played third generation, so its still like back when I first opened up my Ruby XD), is there any Pokemon nearby, like a Ralts or something that can do a little damage on his team that I can train up..Really dont feel like overleveling my Grovyle to take out one measly gym D:.
Well if you're looking for a Ralts to defeat him, they're pretty rare around Route 102 (inbetween Oldale Town and Petalburg City); so you'd have to go back within that area. Flying types also help, so Taillow can be a decent Pokémon to use against Brawly as well.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashBlacK View Post
Hey guys!

I am new to the forums here. I have been searching on Google and PC for FireRed 386 since Friday like 2 hours everyday and cannot find it. So I give up and request help from members of PC. Please share with me the link to an official thread of FR 386 if there is one or if anyone could share the download link with me.

Hope you can help
What is Fire Red 386? If it is a ROM there is an Emulation board here. Someone might be able to provide an answer via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeds Horizon View Post

I would return to Petlesburg and capture either a wingull or Taillow. A ralts is a fine choice as well, but takes patience to encounter as they are rare. Taillow and Wingull are a dime a dozen.

Personally I always skip Brawly until I am on my way back for Norman, by then I am beast compared to him.

My screenshot album
Old May 26th, 2011, 03:29 PM
kipperr
Beginning Trainer

quick question...

I have recently picked up my pokemon ruby game after several years of not playing it to find out that i gave up when looking for the regis.

I decided to carry on, since relicanth and wailord are required i checked if i have them. my pokedex says that i have caught a relicanth although it is not in my party or in one of the boxes in the pc. i have even checked pokemon day care.
would there be any other place that it could be stored?

is it likely that there is a mistake in the game? or did i do somthing stupid a few years ago and release it or something?

And if i have to catch it again, do you have any tips/cheats to help?

Thanks.
Old May 26th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

You might have traded or released it. Just Dive over by Sootopolis and wade around in the seaweed and you'll find another Relicanth eventually.
Old May 27th, 2011, 02:16 AM
kipperr
Beginning Trainer

yeah i know where to find it but its just going to take ages :/

thanks anyway.

Last edited by kipperr; May 27th, 2011 at 02:39 AM.
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Liquid Halo
Tortured Vampire

How do you do the regis anyway I have never done it before in my games?

My screenshot album
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links