Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support
Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 16th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokusachi View Post
I'm trying to enter the competitive field of Pokemon battling, but since this is my first time, I'm not 100% of what to do.

I know that you go to "Pokemon Strategies and Movesets" to post your competitive team but what if you're still trying to decide on the Pokemon themselves for your team (thus being unable to put their Nature, EV/IV, Moveset, and so on yet)? I've narrowed it down to around 10 Pokemon, can I still post on "Pokemon Strategies and Movesets" if I just include the Pokemon's name and how I plan to use it for the team and then as I get suggestions I'll edit the post and make a more refined team, or do I have to go somewhere else to do this?
It's really best if you can narrow it down as much as possible. Remember, S&M isn't here to build a team for you - it's best if you practice with it using a battling simulator like Pokemon Online and establishing movesets and a strategy for your team before posting so that it becomes easier to rate. Here's a link to where you can find Pokemon Online - we at PC have our own PO server, which you can get to by opening the program once you download it and going to the advanced connection box and typing in simply "manse.us". So simply, very good.

But yes, we're certainly very willing to give advice over at S&M. Just know that it'd be much easier on both you and us if you can cut down on the number of Pokemon and hopefully even think about preliminary movesets, like what you want to achieve with each Pokemon (Do you want to sweep their team with this Pokemon? Do you want to stop certain annoying Pokemon? etc) and posting in the Request-a-Moveset thread might even help you out, too. Good luck with your team and all that. :)
aka Zebraiken | pairs; Ω & ζ | bffl; λ | now; Ϟ | twin; ξ | brother; φ | sister; Ψ | neeks; Ϫ
Old April 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
PokemonTrainerd
Trainerd

Around the pokecommunity forums, as well as many other forums, I've seen these cool signature boxes: http://s1237.photobucket.com/albums/...ie_LeRoy/Help/

I have some experience in HTML and graphic making, and I was just wondering if anyone could direct me to a tutorial on how to make these. Thanks in advance!
Old April 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Those are made by CSS. There is a CSS discussion thread here. You then use [css-div] tags.

Just be sure that it doesn't exceed the signature limits of 500x300 pixels.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:37 AM
ekkotekk
Beginning Trainer

where do i put pokemon related music?
Old April 25th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekkotekk View Post
where do i put pokemon related music?
Try checking with the Art Gallery moderators. I know there's a place, but that'd be my closest guess.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:06 AM
ekkotekk
Beginning Trainer

shall i post in every forum until i find the right one someone must know. Dont the art mods check here?
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
Try checking with the Art Gallery moderators. I know there's a place, but that'd be my closest guess.
No, its not Art Gallery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Gallery Rules
Basically, lots of visual art.
Stuff we don't want to see here, or it belongs somewhere else:
It also doesn't have any specified section on where to post music. Perhaps if its uploaded into YouTube then you can post it in this thread in Life, The Universe, and Everything?
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Lily
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Lily
I was going to suggest the art gallery too, considering this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249824) was there, but I didn't know music wasn't allowed.. there should be a section for it too, though. It feels like a waste to dump another format of creativity in a general youtube thread. :<

( ‿‿ ) PM me for a contract.
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily View Post
I was going to suggest the art gallery too, considering this thread (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249824) was there, but I didn't know music wasn't allowed.. there should be a section for it too, though. It feels like a waste to dump another format of creativity in a general youtube thread. :<
Perhaps there should be another subforum for own music, or it should just be allowed in Art Gallery all in all.

And that thread, the moderator there is kind of busy. She lost someone dear to her and maybe she haven't had the time to read through threads yet.
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:47 AM
Lily
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Lily
I think a separate forum isn't a bad idea, putting it under creative discussions. The only problem I see is inactivity, since there are not as many musicians as artists, and the art gallery made it pretty clear it's only for visual art.

Anyway, on topic, the general youtube thread seems to be your best bet for now, ekkotekk.

( ‿‿ ) PM me for a contract.
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:57 AM
ekkotekk
Beginning Trainer

yeah a sub-forum in creative discussions is logical in my opinion
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:05 AM
xxMasterxx
Beginning Trainer

Is there a way to battle with other ppl on pokemon HG/SS on emu?
Old April 29th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMasterxx View Post
Is there a way to battle with other ppl on pokemon HG/SS on emu?
Err, no. But I suggest you ask in Emulation, I'm pretty sure they have answers there.
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:29 AM
xxMasterxx
Beginning Trainer

Ok i got one more question, why can't i see my moves? I mean when i use my pokemon's moves in the EMU lol.
Old April 29th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMasterxx View Post
Ok i got one more question, why can't i see my moves? I mean when i use my pokemon's moves in the EMU lol.
Like I've said, asking in the Emulation part of the forum would probably yield you more results.
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I'm thinking of making a thread full of CSS signatures, with my own art work of course, but i don't know where to put it.
I'm guessing somewhere in the art forum but idk "/

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old April 30th, 2011, 12:42 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post
I'm thinking of making a thread full of CSS signatures, with my own art work of course, but i don't know where to put it.
I'm guessing somewhere in the art forum but idk "/
If you put it in the main art forum, and make sure to show the four examples of your own art first (drawings, and not graphics), then including the CSS signatures made from that art shouldn't be an issue, cause it wouldn't fit in graphics/photography due to that being avatars, banners, wallpaper and photography.

However, if these css signatures have backgrounds you created yourself, make sure you show those graphics off at first, then show what you've created from those backgrounds.

Either way it depends on what type of art work you mean by that, but as long as you concentrate on the art at first and not necessarily the css signatures, you'd fit into either forum. Though take note that there was a profile design shop in Graphics/Photography, which only showed screenshots of the profiles and not the graphics itself. So really, it depends on how you make the distinction between just css signatures, and the graphics themselves. Which hopefully makes sense.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Blaziken15
You gotta purty mouth!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken15
I want to start a songwriters thread but don't know if it goes in either the media section or fanfiction and writing?

HELP!!!
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Mattxy8
Beginning Trainer

I think that it would belong in the Media section.
Some lickies I've Made
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:10 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

If it's just lyrics, it goes in the Poetry section.
Old May 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Forever
let it go

Also adding in that there's a "where do I post this" sticky, where you can ask future questions along these lines. :3
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old May 11th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Drew
erase the noise.
Community Supporter

If you're waiting for different answers, or more help of some sort, then I'm gonna go ahead and just merge with the sticky thread that Nica mentioned instead of closing it up here.

Don't mind meee.

Last edited by Drew; May 11th, 2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: idonteven..
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Well, I'm not even sure if this has a forum (or if I can do this),
but I have an idea for an event that I would like to show someone who could organize it and give it approval. Would this be better suited to PM's? If so, who should I contact about it?

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old May 13th, 2011, 03:46 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I suppose it depends on what the event is for. If it relates to a specific section for instance, than you'd want to PM the moderator/s of that section. (Mind you there are also 'events' every half-year or so on PC called the Get Together, in which a subforum is made for - more or less competitions, gaming events, etc. i believe it's to occur in July this year?)

Old May 13th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
I suppose it depends on what the event is for. If it relates to a specific section for instance, than you'd want to PM the moderator/s of that section. (Mind you there are also 'events' every half-year or so on PC called the Get Together, in which a subforum is made for - more or less competitions, gaming events, etc. i believe it's to occur in July this year?)
Ahh, that sounds like a place to start.
Would you by any chance know who to contact about that?
Possibly who's running it or something?

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here