The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:15 AM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
I wanted pokemon white, but before I go get it I have to ask you. Is Ev training still the same as in hg/SS.

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old May 13th, 2011, 05:21 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsang View Post
I wanted pokemon white, but before I go get it I have to ask you. Is Ev training still the same as in hg/SS.
The EV mechanics in B/W are the same as in the Gen III and IV games except that the EV gains are seen after battle rather than after level up.

Old May 13th, 2011, 11:45 AM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
The EV mechanics in B/W are the same as in the Gen III and IV games except that the EV gains are seen after battle rather than after level up.
So you have to finish a battle and the ev comes right.

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old May 13th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
So you have to finish a battle and the ev comes right.
Yes that is correct. <: You'll be able to notice the change in stats.
Old May 13th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
In addition, since it seems you're into EVing Pokémon within the games, you may be interested in our EV Training Guide for Black and White. ;) It may help you in case you have any questions that may provide an answer for you there.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 13th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Brane
-

What are the guidelines around using Action Replay?

I only use it for a few reasons, one would be to quickly train my Pokemon to level 100 rather then taking a longer time. Another is also to hatch my eggs extremely quickly.

But what are the rules around using it to create Pokemon? Because I know there aren't too many prior generation Pokemon available in Black and White, so I use this to build my team but I'm not sure if that's against online play or just shunned upon? I remember reading something about it and that rules still apply even if the Pokemon has 'legit' stats.

So what are the restrictions on using Action Replay for team building for online play?
Old May 13th, 2011, 06:06 PM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brane View Post

I only use it for a few reasons, one would be to quickly train my Pokemon to level 100 rather then taking a longer time. Another is also to hatch my eggs extremely quickly.

But what are the rules around using it to create Pokemon? Because I know there aren't too many prior generation Pokemon available in Black and White, so I use this to build my team but I'm not sure if that's against online play or just shunned upon? I remember reading something about it and that rules still apply even if the Pokemon has 'legit' stats.

So what are the restrictions on using Action Replay for team building for online play?
I think this section is forbidden to talk about action replay. Just enter the code and follow instruction. You don't need no guide lines.

In the white pokemon. What is the legend called there? On the front cover.

Last edited by Kaori; May 13th, 2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Ruhn
Breeder

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Ruhn
how can i see if i have some dreamfriends request and answer them?
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brane View Post

You cannot go over the limit of 510 Ev's and your Pokemon must only have the correct stats. I.e Your Charizard cannot have 999 Special attack. Just make them according to min/max stats and such on Serebii.

Quote:
I think this section is forbidden to talk about action replay. Just enter the code and follow instruction. You don't need no guide lines.

In the white pokemon. What is the legend called there? On the front cover.
That's just for code's. \: Anyway, if you're on about White version; it's Zekrom, Black version; Reshiram. <:

Last edited by Perrie ✿; May 14th, 2011 at 07:32 AM. Reason: silly me.
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:25 AM
BattleBeard
The Ultimate Beard

What's a great place for speed and defense EV training in Black?

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature (however, I do build competitive movesets and do minimal EV training, just not ignore the Pokemon based on stats ).
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Ruhn
Breeder

isn't it vise versa? cause zekrom is at front of my white version? oO
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:34 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBeard View Post
For speed, any water/sea route would do fine. Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs and usually the best way to EV train in that stat. If your Pokémon is at a low level, I'd suggest surfing the area in Striaton City for Basculin, as they are usually around their 10-13's if I remember so correctly.

As for Defense, Sewaddle or Venipede should do. They only give 1 pt each but they're pretty easy to come upon within Pinwheel Forest.

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited by Kaori; May 14th, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:35 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
For Defense, defeat Venipede's and Sewaddle's in Pinwheel forest. For speed, defeat Woobat, Blitzle's and Basculin's, dotted around the region. For more help, go to the; Ev training guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhn View Post
isn't it vise versa? cause zekrom is at front of my white version? oO
Haha, yeah it is. XD I got it wrong. :x
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:37 AM
BattleBeard
The Ultimate Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaori View Post

For speed, any water/sea route would do fine. Basculin gives 2 Speed EVs and usually the best way to EV train in that stat. If your Pokémon is at a low level, I'd suggest surfing the area in Striaton City for Basculin, as they are usually around their 10-13's if I remember so correctly.

As for Defense, Sewaddle or Venipede should do. They only give 1 pt each but they're pretty easy to come upon. They are located in Pinwheel Forest.

Hope this helps.
Wow, thanks. I am about to start EV training for the first time. All my Pokemon are around the level 50s. I want to face Alder--well, first, the OVERPOWERED LVL 75 Elite 4...then Alder.

Edit: What's so special about Shinies other than they are...rare. And...color changed?

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature (however, I do build competitive movesets and do minimal EV training, just not ignore the Pokemon based on stats ).
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Wow, thanks. I am about to start EV training for the first time. All my Pokemon are around the level 50s. I want to face Alder--well, first, the OVERPOWERED LVL 75 Elite 4...then Alder.
If you're EV training for the first time, I'm sure you'll be interested in taking a look at an EV Training Guide I have in specific for Black and White. :)

Also the deal with shinies, is because they are pretty rare to encounter, many tend to be really proud and excited to find one. There are those who don't really care about encountering them though. There's not really much of a story behind shinies besides the fact that they are a different color for a Pokémon. That's all there is to it about 'em, and why they are considered special.

Last edited by Kaori; May 14th, 2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Ruhn
Breeder

@ dragonomega: lol. i was just wandering

so there are diffrent places where u can train your pokemon at diffrent ways?
Old May 14th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhn View Post
@ dragonomega: lol. i was just wandering

so there are diffrent places where u can train your pokemon at diffrent ways?
Yep. It's called EV training! If you'd like to take a look at how it works, you can see how in my Frequently Asked Questions sticky under "EV Training Guide".

Old May 14th, 2011, 11:57 AM
~Touko
Haxorus Breeder ~ #1 Axew Fan

Nature: Quirky
Should I use AR to hack and get shiny pokemon and any pokemon that I want? Or should I play fairly? Orrrrr, should I play fairly the first time through the game and then hack the second time?

Thanks!

-Touko

My Future Pokemon:
-Drizzle -Stephanie -Toffee

I Breed:

-Frillish
Old May 14th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Touko View Post
Should I use AR to hack and get shiny pokemon and any pokemon that I want? Or should I play fairly? Orrrrr, should I play fairly the first time through the game and then hack the second time?

Thanks!

-Touko
Well, just play the game without cheats, it'll give you a better gameplay experience. However, if you wanna use cheats go ahead and use em'. n___n

Also, if you do end up hacking your shiny's. Do not. Trade them to others, as trading hacks is against the rules. :x
Old May 14th, 2011, 12:14 PM
Mattxy8
Beginning Trainer

I need help choosing my team in pokemon black >.<
This is my current team:
Samurott
Fraxure
Golett
Victini or Darmanitan (which?)
-----
-----

Who is better? Victini or Darmanitan
What last 2 pokemon should I use?
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:09 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
What is the difference between surfing spots and fishing spots?

Last edited by Rai; May 14th, 2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Brane
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
What is the different between surfing spots and fishing spots?
They both have different rare occuring Pokemon in them, for example a surfing spot might spit up a Poliwrath while a fishing spot might give you a Feebas.

It's good to check somewhere like Bulbapedia and it'll give you all the Pokemon and their occurring rates for both.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Unova_Route_4

In this case, the rippling water when surfing will either give you a Jellicent or a Alomomola. But if you fish in the rippling water then you'll get evolutions and rarer Pokemon from normal fishing such as Huntail, Kingler, Relicanth, whereas if you just fished you can get a Krabby, Clamperl etc.
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Send a message via AIM to Rai
Thank you!

Also, if I have a Deerling will it change with the seasons? Or do I have to catch separate Deerling if I want all the different seasonal forms?
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:51 PM
The_Evil_Weavile
used Ennui

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The_Evil_Weavile
What are the peak activity periods every day here?

I have a rock type Safari if Onix and Dwebble are your thing.
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Your Deerling will rotate and change forms every season. There's no need to catch another.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here