Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media
Reload this Page Musical instruments?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old April 17th, 2011 (08:39 AM).
<Insert Witty Title Here>

Nature: Relaxed
I sing and play guitar, viola, and the occasional harmonica and piano.

White Friend Code: 1162-9972-8722

Proud creator of Divinity and Dissonance: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249951

Proudly involved in:
The Semi-Centennial Grand Tournament
Realm of Darkness
Divinity and Dissonance
Pokemon: Perfect Being Delta

~Happily paired with DarkAngel91~
Old April 18th, 2011 (09:24 PM).
Mewtwo Hax enabled.

I play the piano! orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I guess the keyboard.
Old April 19th, 2011 (01:54 PM).

I play the clarinet and violin... maybe a bit of cello. I just fail at violin though. >_<'
Old April 19th, 2011 (09:23 PM).
Why yes, I have an Octillery.
Gold Tier

How have I not found this thread before? I'm actually a music student at a university, studying to be a music teacher. Specifically, my goal is to be a band director, but I intend to teach all kinds of classes and ensembles at various levels.

My primary instrument is percussion - drums, keyboard percussion, etc. I've also played piano since I was 6 years old, and that's really where I got my start to where I am today. As a Music Education student, I take classes where I learn to play pretty much all instruments (got to learn something before you can teach it!); so far, I can play trombone, tuba, baritone/euphonium, flute, clarinet, and saxophone. I also sing a little. So yeah . . . don't mean to brag or anything, but that's me!

Pokémon Black Friend Code: 1420 7172 7783
Old April 20th, 2011 (02:37 AM).
春野サクラ ♥
Gold Tier

I used to play the recorder, guitar, Viola and Cello. Now, I play the Piano, Violin and xylophone. And I am planning to learn the double bass and clarinet. :>
Old April 20th, 2011 (02:19 PM).
Gallade

I have been playing guitar since I was 7, so nearly 10 years now. That's my main instrument. I never really had the money for lessons in it so I'm completely self-taught and in all honesty I think I've come on quite a way. I can play almost anything you give me now and I know a good amount of musical theory too, so it's pretty fun.

As a second instrument, I'm also learning keyboard. School have been awesome and given me free lessons, and it's coming along pretty well!
Old April 25th, 2011 (06:38 PM).

Nature: Timid
My main instrument is the recorder (flute), since it was the instrument that Sir Ciloy had taught us in my previous school, and the one instrument I'm playing in the Campus Ministry in my current. xD But I do know some basic Piano and Guitar skills (though unfortunately for the Piano.. I can only do the right hand things they've been talking about?). I'm trying to learn how to play the Piano, but I never do quite get it.

I really want to play the drums as well! My favorite instrument -- and mostly played in the Virtual Games department of the Music Corner in the arcade. xD I wanna play, even when it's virtual. :>
Old April 25th, 2011 (08:33 PM).
え?

I'm not much of a musical person. But I've been playing the guitar for around two years and I think I'm pretty happy with the amount of progress I've made. Well, I can play better than some of my friends who have been playing for a lot longer than me. I only pick my guitar up once in a while these days though, which is a shame. Yeah, I should start strumming and picking again. >>

I want to learn how to play the drums and piano too.. which I will do sometime around this year, hopefully.
Old April 25th, 2011 (08:47 PM).
泣かないで。

I learned the recorder in 3rd grade, but only played it for a short while - it didn't interest me enough to keep going with it. I still remember the tunes though: Hot Cross Buns, Amazing Grace, Mary Had a Little Lamb...

Yep. :I

I took up orchestra in 6th grade though - still playing the violin to this day (that is...until my bridge needed replacing, still need to get a new one D:). I'm thinking about learning the cello and piano later on.

Old April 27th, 2011 (05:40 PM).

I'm learning bass guitar right now c:
but i learn so slowly D:

After this I'll eventually aim for upright bass...

But I need to focus on bass first >:D
Old April 28th, 2011 (05:29 AM).
Enter The Slasher House

I've played guitar since I was ten and I took up piano this year. I've also been known to dabble with the harmonica and the ukulele but right now I'm feeling more curious towards synthesizers so I might pursue that during the Summer.
Old April 28th, 2011 (05:35 AM).
ain't that a kick in the head?

I've played the guitar for 4 years. Honestly, though, I don't really like it.
I love solo guitar music and all of the incredible tones of the guitar, but it's not really what I want to play.
So i'm quitting.

I'd really like to learn how to play the Harmonica and the Saxophone.
Old April 28th, 2011 (05:57 AM).
I make Fakemon sprites.

Quote originally posted by FalconsDrummer:
How have I not found this thread before? I'm actually a music student at a university, studying to be a music teacher. Specifically, my goal is to be a band director, but I intend to teach all kinds of classes and ensembles at various levels.

My primary instrument is percussion - drums, keyboard percussion, etc. I've also played piano since I was 6 years old, and that's really where I got my start to where I am today. As a Music Education student, I take classes where I learn to play pretty much all instruments (got to learn something before you can teach it!); so far, I can play trombone, tuba, baritone/euphonium, flute, clarinet, and saxophone. I also sing a little. So yeah . . . don't mean to brag or anything, but that's me! :P
I had the exact same feeling when I came across this thread, hahah. I'm also studying to be a music teacher, and I had absolutely no idea there were so many musicians here! I don't feel like being a band director, but I would love to teach music to smaller children, teaching them different rhythms, playing together and just let them be creative. Stuff like that. :D

I've been studying music theory on my own for a long time, and I play self-taught piano, drums, harmonica and bass guitar. My main instrument is the guitar, which is also mostly self-taught. I've now been studying Music for one and a half year at a Danish Gymnasium, and I'm learning much more rapidly now! I wouldn't say I'm a wonderchild or a masterly, musical genius or anything, but I'm definitely skilled, (hahah) and I'll keep practicing 'til I die.
Old May 3rd, 2011 (10:29 AM).
umop ap!sdn

Nature: Quirky
I play the electric guitar and I also plan to eventually play bass guitar.
Old May 3rd, 2011 (03:12 PM).
Crystal Tier

Played the recorder from 1-6th grade because it was mandatory for music class, and I played the guitar for 4 years (3rd-7th) before quitting music instruments altogether.

Old May 10th, 2011 (03:15 PM).
tragedy
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
→ Are there any musical instruments you guys played before?
Yes, and I have been since I was 7 years old.

→ Is there any you are playing currently?
I currently just like playing the piano, and have continued since when I've first started. Though I like singing all the time as well, but that's not an instrument, just my talent. ;)

→ Is there any you would like to play?
I definitely want to learn how to play the guitar. However I couldn't spend time practicing on one nor learning the chords and whatnot, when I don't even own one at the moment. :(

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 11th, 2011 (12:08 PM).
this is not a user title
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to Maple Leaf Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Maple Leaf Send a message via Skype™ to Maple Leaf
Always had the interest for the drums and the piano, but never got around to doing anything.

I think that guitars are also cool, but I won't think about playing it. >_<
Old May 11th, 2011 (02:58 PM).
The lessons we learn

Nature: Sassy
Can't play any instruments, but I'd like to learn the drums though.

Taio Cruz -- Dynamite

Old May 14th, 2011 (09:45 AM).
'Cause why not?
Gold Tier

I learned to play the guitar when I was 7, and even now I'll take it out and play it, though I haven't been able to lately.

My main (and favorite) instrument is the Cello. I learned to play it in the fifth grade and still play it to this day.

As for insturments I want to learn, I'd say the Piano. My parents have this nice one that my dad inherited and I've always wanted to be able to play it.

Old May 14th, 2011 (10:07 AM).
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
I've played the Saxophone since middle school

Old May 15th, 2011 (03:17 PM).
Franatic

I don't know how anyone can play a viola, with that freaky alto clef you have to learn to read.

My two main instruments are piano and clarinet. I've been playing piano for seven years and clarinet for six. I also can play guitar well, but I haven't picked one up for a long time. I would LOVE to play the violin, but I kinda need to get one first... :l
Old May 15th, 2011 (03:37 PM).
Loving Latias Forever

Nature: Calm
I still currently play the Flute (I used to play the clarinet), but what I'm interested is in the Piano & the Viola.

I will edit my sig some other time, since I'm lazy to do it right now.
Old May 15th, 2011 (03:50 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
Play the Piano/Keyboard. Would love to learnt to play the Acoustic Guitar or Drums :)
Old May 15th, 2011 (03:58 PM).
E N T E R T A I N E R
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
/and after watching 11 episodes of an anime about musical instruments I finally notice this thread

I currently play trombone, and have been doing so since fourth grade :3 I don't plan on stopping, even in college. Heck, if all else fails regarding what I want to major in, I'm considering getting some kind of music degree.

I have also played a little bit of recorder, and I self-taught myself some ocarina and piano, the latter using my trombone music to do so. Next year I hope to take a Piano class so I can further my studies in piano.
Old May 15th, 2011 (06:28 PM).
Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog's Avatar
Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog Know-Nothing Bozo the Non-Wonder Dog is offline
Ohonhonhon!~

I can't play any instruments, but I would absolutely love to be able to play the keyboard. I have a keyboard program for my computer, but I can't find the actual keyboard to go with it, just the disks.

Sponsored Links