• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shattered Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2011
Really Nice :P but somethings bugging me
i don't get the Seasons System Can you Explain them like when is the snow will come?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Really Nice :P but somethings bugging me
i don't get the Seasons System Can you Explain them like when is the snow will come?
Snow would come in the Winter Unless you are in South Zinnos [anywhere below Stargate Cave] where it is too warm to snow. The winter months are December 21st to March 20th.

Minor Update:
I don't know how many people follow my VM's but my hacking laptop is out for repairs. Toshiba tells me that it will take 7-10 days for them to send it back so the hack is on hiatus until I get it back. Then everything will return in full swing. Please be patient =3

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
The one thing that caught my eye in this hack was the storyline, which to me seems very original, while other hacks have always mainly been based around a legendary, you have incorporated great twists in the game but also left a cliffhanger with Celebi becoming involved as well! So I'm hoping that the events in this game are thrilling and always making us wonder what the bigger secret actually is.

While I'm not a fan of the minimal changes to tiles, I do like how you're adding new battle backgrounds and I also like the text, big fan of it.

I hope the hack lives up to the expectations set for me in the introduction and features section, and I wish you good luck!

zumba

Skyline
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2017
ive gotten all the way to emerald park and now im stuck. where do i go next? or is that the end of the game for now?

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2011
Seems like a great game, but for some reason it wont let me save it on VisualBoyAdvance. Everytime I try I get the error "save error please exchange the backup memory" & I have tried changing all the save options none seem to work.. Any soloutions?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Alright guys, my laptop has finally made it to California. Toshiba says that it should take 7-10 days for them to repair and return my laptop so Shattered Dreams is on hold for about a week. With that said I should still be able to make the June 20th release date! If for some reason something goes wrong the beta will be pushed back to July 4th. Just sit tight guys =3

PS: I'm honored that we're nominated for HoTM. That's so exciting. Hopefully we win! Vote vote vote!

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
The background is incredible, ad the DNS shows perfect.
But you should chane the tiles.;)
Good lock. :D

blase005

PKMN Yellow Lightning Creator
Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2013
This doesn't look so bad. The sprites are quite cool and the cities seems nice. My only problem is that on 1 screenshot Cyndaquil was bigger than the trainer... why is he that? Anyway I really hope this hack turns out perfect and I'm looking forward to it :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
I've gotta say that after playing this, I love it! :) It truly is a wonderful hack with immersive gameplay. But, on Genesis Path (if this hasn't been pointed out) the first boy doesn't have a working script.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
And the bad news just keeps coming!

Thanks to the boneheads over at Toshiba I got my laptop back with yet another error, this time completely unrelated! How does that even happen?! I sent it in for one thing and got it back with another. Aside from that the hard drive has been completely wiped. All of my files for this hack are gone. To make it worse I have to send it back, yet again, to be repaired for this newest issue. I'm so mad! I won't be able to continue this hack until those geniuses send my laptop back. I'll be starting fresh using the alpha as the source of my resources. That said, the beta release and the planned alpha update have both been pushed back indefinitely. Sorry to everyone who was expecting the beta or the alpha some time soon. Don't worry though, I hope to have some tangible release before the summer ends.

TL;DR: Hack's on hold for another 2 weeks until I get my laptop back, then I'll be starting fresh [for the third time].

~QM

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Minor Update #3

I've decided that I refuse to just sit around and wait for my laptop to get back. Instead I've restarted this hack on my desktop computer and will just transfer it over when I get my laptop back. Updates will not be zooming out as fast as they were before but that's because the restoring process is so tedious. But to allow people to gauge my progress I'll say this. I've already restored the battle backgrounds, tiles, maps, Pokemon sprites and pieces of the internal rom. Before I can start showing visual progress I have to restore some ASM routines that I don't have assembled yet, as well as restore the altered move sets for all of the Pokemon, OW's and scripts. All of that should take about a week but I will be stopping in with updates every now and then between.

TL;DR: I'm already more than 60% done with the restoring process. Updates are coming.

Currently: said:
Decapitalizing everything once again

Last edited:

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
i love how this is coming out on my birthday!!! i can't wait!!! it is really good. i think it's cool that you have an event ready too. keep up the good work!

elementalkeeper

PKMN HACKER
Years
:paranoid:Wow! I like the story too much. It inspired me to do my own hack.
Sadly, I'm a noob in hacking. I downloaded it so I could play it!

ChillinInYoCloset

PacmanAteMe
Years
I was playing and really enjoying the game and then I tried talking to a guy on Genesis Road and this happened. I don't know if it was the hack or the Rom I got.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I was playing and really enjoying the game and then I tried talking to a guy on Genesis Road and this happened. I don't know if it was the hack or the Rom I got.

yeah same here, it just crashed on me
Yes, I'm aware of this error and a plethora of others. How embarrassing. I'll see about releasing a quick fix until I get a proper release ready which shouldn't that much longer.

To Do:
Currently In Progress; Done
  • Edit movesets
  • Insert Trainer Sprites
  • Restore OW's
  • Restore World Map
  • Insert remaining ASM Routines
  • Restore Maps
  • Rescript up to Emerald Town

*When every thing on this list is done I will release a proper beta*

Edit: We won HotM! I wanna thank everyone for voting for us =] There will definitely be something in the next release to commemorate this event.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back