The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:07 PM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsang View Post
It is just for the in game. Where can I find Sawk/Throh?
The Outside part of Pinwheel forest; next to Nacrene City.
Old May 19th, 2011, 04:32 PM
jigglyppuff8

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm legend View Post
can somebody explain to me the process of getting a pokemon to dream...... i cant get into the dream world and im getting very angry because im not getting my money worth of this game that is Pokemon Black Version....lol id greatly appreciate the help thanks
Tuck Pokemon in -> Go to Pokemon Global Link Website -> Go to the Dream World

Old May 19th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Raichupacabra
Villain

Nature: Hasty
You need to be qualified to participate in the promotion. Please check the Pokemon Trainer Club.

This sentence upset me so much since I got an Espeon and didn't replay the game. Is there a way to get it. I already burned all of my games except Black just in case.

Currently Playing: Pokemon X | 3DS Friend Code: 4313-1107-3365
(PM me with your Friend Code and tell me if you have added me)
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:57 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

It's a glitch right now. (It always seems glitch-filled at the beginning of the event.) Wait a few days and try again. If it doesn't work, contact customer service.

You have until July 17th to get your Eeveelution.
Old May 19th, 2011, 10:52 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Nature: Relaxed
I have a question or two regarding breeding mechanics:

-Do power items always pass down the parent's specific IV, or is there only a "chance" like the Everstones? (I've seen conflicting information on this)

-Do Everstones work in conjunction with Power Items? I'm trying to breed a Timid Larvesta with 31 Speed and (hopefully) Special attack IVs.
The parents are a Timid male Larvesta holding an Everstone (yes, Everstone breeding works with males) and a flawless Ditto holding a Power Anklet.

Old May 19th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
As far as I've been able to ascertain, Power items have a 90% chance of passing down the associated stats, which is pretty darn good if you ask me. I generally get four out of each batch of five with the stat I want when I use them, if not all of them.

As for Everstones, after checking the details - right you are - it should be fine. It won't conflict. It'll give the baby Ditto's Speed stat (at 90% like I said before) and a 50% chance of the Timid nature.

In exchange for this information, I want you to NEVER battle me with the result of this breeding program. D:
Old May 20th, 2011, 04:01 AM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
what's that I keep hearing about these "magical" quick balls and legendaries, it hasn't worked for me yet
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old May 20th, 2011, 05:48 AM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
Quote:
Now training my team in pine wood forest to battle the 3rd gym leader which is casetila city gym leader. My in game teams are:

Pansear level 15
Herdier level 16
Dewott level 18
Pidove level 16
Throh level 19
Blitzle the zebra pokemon level 13.cay Gym
make sure you got a lot of defense, Lenora's second pokemon uses a scary strong move that decimates entire teams
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:06 AM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
make sure you got a lot of defense, Lenora's second pokemon uses a scary strong move that decimates entire teams
Do you have a suggesstion a on a defense pokemon? I'm trying to find the castelia city gym. I went through the long bridge and I end up in the game freak station in front of the building. I couldn't find the gym anywhere. Please help. Thanks.

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old May 20th, 2011, 06:10 AM
rstevenson1976
The Eevee-Loution Master

the gym is in the northern part of necrean in back of the museum my herdier was the only pokemon on my team that survived that battle, my fighting pokemon was taken out in one shot

::EDIT::
the castillia city gym is down one of the side streets, I think it's the one on the far left
::EDIT again::
use pidove, it'll eat those bugs for breakfast

Last edited by rstevenson1976; May 20th, 2011 at 06:17 AM.
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
out of curiosity, what level are the pokemon in White Forest?
I've played Black and am working through White

are they all low leveled?
there's trainers too, depending if you connect with other people, no?
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Forever
let it go

The gym is in the street to the far right of Castelia, it's the first building you see on the left of that street - you can see its location here:

Spoiler:

rstevenson, he actually said Castelia, not Nacrene...
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:24 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight-kun View Post
out of curiosity, what level are the pokemon in White Forest?
I've played Black and am working through White

are they all low leveled?
there's trainers too, depending if you connect with other people, no?
The wild Pokemon you see at White Forest are at level 5. Be sure to bring a False Swiper or some Quick Balls. If you want the Pokemon there to be of a certain nature, bring along a Synchronizer with the nature you want.

Old May 20th, 2011, 06:56 AM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Where can I find a list of ev for pokemon white? Also the tier list like which is Nu, ou, uu etc. Let me know.

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old May 20th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Calamity
Just for the love of the game.

How many points do I need to get in the Dw in order for more pokemon to show up and to access other areas? I have around 400 points right about now.
Happens
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySalamence888 View Post
How many points do I need to get in the Dw in order for more pokemon to show up and to access other areas? I have around 400 points right about now. :)
2500 gives you the next area, 5000 the third area, then every area gets new Pokemon at 7500 and 10000.
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevenson1976 View Post
what's that I keep hearing about these "magical" quick balls and legendaries, it hasn't worked for me yet :P
Some people just have more luck using Quick Balls on Legendaries. Save before battling and try Quick Balls each time to see if you have any success. Or maybe you'll have better luck with a different item. It really comes down to luck and how the catch rate of the Pokemon works together with the catch rate of the ball.

Quote:
Where can I find a list of ev for pokemon white? Also the tier list like which is Nu, ou, uu etc. Let me know.
A guide for EV training on B/W is here, at GameFAQs. It has a list for each stat for getting EVs.

The tiers aren't really official yet, because people are still battling and seeing which Pokemon are being used how often.

The current tier lists, from May 1st, can be found here on Smogon's forums. (Link to forums because that's the only place I found them, and even that was a search.) The list isn't finalized yet, so just keep checking to see the changes until it is finalized.
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:43 AM
Calamity
Just for the love of the game.

Thanks Toujours That seems alot of points though, whats the quickest way to build up points? All I'm doing at the moment is the mini games...
Happens
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:45 AM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Oh I see. Another thing. Does everyone feel that this game is too short? I mean I got 3 badge already within two days already. There are less trainers in this game than in hg/ss versions. I'm at route 4 right now working my way to get the 4th badge.

Old May 20th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Oryx
Moon Prism POWER
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySalamence888 View Post
Thanks Toujours :) That seems alot of points though, whats the quickest way to build up points? All I'm doing at the moment is the mini games...
If you go through the forest/sky/sea multiple times, the Pokemon don't get erased every time, so you can go through over and over again until eventually there's no more sparkles or Pokemon in the area. After that, you can visit your Dream Pals and water their berries if possible, up to the 20 times you can do that. If you do everything, you should get ~500 points a day.
Old May 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Seeds Horizon
Gotta love that feeling~

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Oh I see. Another thing. Does everyone feel that this game is too short? I mean I got 3 badge already within two days already. There are less trainers in this game than in hg/ss versions. I'm at route 4 right now working my way to get the 4th badge.
Is than an appropriate question for this thread/ Oh well, Ill answer using logic. No, its not really short, since all the other games (Besides Hg/Ss and its originals) are 8 badges as well. Plus, you HAVE to fight the E4 twice, so it more than makes up for the lack of the teams headquartes you usually have to go through in the storyline.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge- Electric
Yellow/ Crystal/Emerald/Diamond
Old May 20th, 2011, 03:30 PM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Oh. I'm am at the Nimbasa city gym right now. I'm having trouble to fight the electric and flying mouse pokemon. I'm using sandile right now. I've taught it rockslide and and earthquake and the flying mouse is unvernable to my ground attacks. What are other suggestion. Let me know thanks. For rockslide and earthquake I used an ar to get those attacks. I don't want to use other cheats to erase my game file. I've all ready got my hm cut deleted by the ar codes.

Old May 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
Quote:
Oh. I'm am at the Nimbasa city gym right now. I'm having trouble to fight the electric and flying mouse pokemon. I'm using sandile right now. I've taught it rockslide and and earthquake and the flying mouse is unvernable to my ground attacks. What are other suggestion. Let me know thanks. For rockslide and earthquake I used an ar to get those attacks. I don't want to use other cheats to erase my game file. I've all ready got my hm cut deleted by the ar codes.
What I used in Black was a Drilbur that knew Rock Slide. Theoretically, the Sandile with Rock Slide should work fine. Another idea would be to use an Ice-type if you have one, since Flying is weak to Ice. If you're still having trouble, all I can say is fight some wild Pokemon to train your Pokemon up a couple levels and try again. Good luck.
Old May 20th, 2011, 04:30 PM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoxys121 View Post
What I used in Black was a Drilbur that knew Rock Slide. Theoretically, the Sandile with Rock Slide should work fine. Another idea would be to use an Ice-type if you have one, since Flying is weak to Ice. If you're still having trouble, all I can say is fight some wild Pokemon to train your Pokemon up a couple levels and try again. Good luck.
What kind of ice type do you suggest? And again I just got this game so I'm not used to new pokemon that I haven't seen in a tv show before.

Old May 20th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
That shouldn't be a problem, really. I wasn't familiar with any of the new Pokemon either, and I did just fine.

And silly Deoxys121, you can't get any ice-types at that stage in the game. They don't pop up until Twist Mountain, iirc. So yeah, keep on with your Sandile, and learn to predict Volt Switches to give yourself the advantage. In addition, Sandile effectively blocks VS, which can give you a huge advantage. What level is the little fella?

Sponsored Links