The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old May 20th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Regeneration
meow
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Regeneration
Episode Title: Fossil Revival! Ancient Mysterious Bird Archeops!!

Airdate: 16/6/11

Summary: (rough translation, thanks to slowkingsley)
Professer Juniper and Professor Fennel are holding the restored "First Bird Pokemon" Archen. In order to become good at at flying, Ash does some intensive training with Archen, when suddenly Team Rocket Show up.

Source
Old May 20th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Inb4 people take training for another capture... I wonder if this will be near Desert Resort? If so this seems to be farther away from Nimbasa.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 20th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
Team Rocket? It was about time! :D

Old May 20th, 2011, 10:42 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

I see evolution coming =)

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old May 21st, 2011, 01:23 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
Archen seems like it'd be a better fit for Team Rocket than Ash + Co. honestly.

I doubt it will be caught though. Though, knowing the way the writers are going, it is quite possible Ash will catch it.

They seem intent on filling up Ash's ranks so that he won't need to call on Prof. Oak during the Unova League.

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:16 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Well it looks like there will be an evolution in the episode. Considering an Archen doesn't have the ability to fly (according to the games) and Ash training it to help it fly, must mean it'll evolve, just look at the title.

I wonder if we'll get an episode soon after this with Squirtles great grand father.

Old May 23rd, 2011, 10:32 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I don't really see how it would be a good fit for TR. If anyone it would seem to be a good fit for Iris cause it sports a couple Dragon moves in Dragon Breathe and Dragon Claw. It can learn Dragon Tail via TM which they could just have that naturally occur as well as Dragon Pulse even though it is an Egg Move. This seems similar to BW032 outside of the Cottonee lovefest. Hopefully it turns out different.

Old June 9th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I recall don't get the feeling this will be a capture episode. Seems similar to the Cottonee episode where they are training it. In this case teaching Archen how to fly.

Old June 9th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Woah, not sure I'm liking this animation, Archen looks pretty ugly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

That's according to the games though... games =/= Anime. I don't think it'll evolve, they'll probably help it and release it, Ash could capture it, but then again.
... Did you even take a look at the preview yet, or the title infact? Kenshin has it right before your post. xD

Heh, I know that, I'm usually the one saying it. I was explaining that I was wondering how they were going to interpret it. But in this case it does seem to be that anyway, it's gonna evolve and fly. xD

Old June 9th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I dunno if I misinterpreted this wrong or what but if you mean Archen not evolving it is clearly shown evolving in the preview unless there are multiple Archen.

Old June 9th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Okay, after watching the preview. ;; I can safely say that Archen has a major derp feel about it. But I'm loving how bad ass Archeops looked! <3

Hopefully it'll be another capture for Ash or Iris, it doesn't really suit Cilan.
Old June 9th, 2011, 11:01 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I can probably see Iris catching Archeops. This episode doesn't look that bad although I'm not really looking forward to this episode. I might watch it to see what happens though.
Old June 9th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
Woah, not sure I'm liking this animation, Archen looks pretty ugly.

... Did you even take a look at the preview yet, or the title infact? Kenshin has it right before your post. xD

Heh, I know that, I'm usually the one saying it. I was explaining that I was wondering how they were going to interpret it. But in this case it does seem to be that anyway, it's gonna evolve and fly. xD
It did fly or flutter at the end of the preview although he wasn't up in the air too long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshPikastar View Post
I can probably see Iris catching Archeops. This episode doesn't look that bad although I'm not really looking forward to this episode. I might watch it to see what happens though.
I can also see Iris with it. But I still don't see this as a capture episode(would I love a capture here, yes). And that's how I thought about Episode 38.

Old June 9th, 2011, 11:37 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Well, I do think it would go well with Iris, but the preview pretty much shows more of a relation with Ash in my opinion. Though I do agree with Kenshin, I don't think anyone will catch it it seems more like it will be preserved since its rare, I don't even think any main character has captured a fossil pokemon before anyway.

Old June 9th, 2011, 02:04 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

By the preview it just looks like a training episode...But you never know.
Old June 9th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I'm just basing my opinion more on the feeling of the preview and the the episode summary. I didn't see anything or read anything that would make me think anyone is going to capture it, if anything it will stay with Juniper or Fennel or go off into the wild. I wouldn't rule out the rarity because at some point in some region they will probably give him a fossil kind of like how they got around to give him a Dark and Rock type for the first time in this region. And how they gave him a pseudo legendary/Dragon poke in Gible the last region.

Old June 12th, 2011, 11:55 AM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
I'm just basing my opinion more on the feeling of the preview and the the episode summary. I didn't see anything or read anything that would make me think anyone is going to capture it, if anything it will stay with Juniper or Fennel or go off into the wild. I wouldn't rule out the rarity because at some point in some region they will probably give him a fossil kind of like how they got around to give him a Dark and Rock type for the first time in this region. And how they gave him a pseudo legendary/Dragon poke in Gible the last region.

but if he does catch archeotops wouldn't that make it a major powerhouse?

And he'd have a lot of pokemon to train...
Old June 12th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Depends how much Defeatist ability comes into to play. It may be one of his Power Houses depending one of his starters evolves to it's final stage. And I have a feeling we will see Roggenrola make it to Gigalith which I see as a power house as well.

Old June 16th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Well he didn't catch it Archeops went off with other Archeops. Not surprised. Interesting that he could produce food with the sound of it's screech. Another good filler, glad to see Tranquill getting some screen time. Derpfish and Archen stare down was the best part of the episode xD.

Old June 17th, 2011, 11:28 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
This episode was alright. I knew it was going to be boring and it was but I do have to admit, the Archen was very adorable indeed but the main part I enjoyed in this episode was Dento of course. Dento got attacked while stopping Archen. Dento always seem to get attacked by Pokemon now these days. Next thing you know it, Derpfish came out of Dento's Pokeball and electrocuted the Archen which made me laugh once I saw Dento expression. I also love how Emonga try to use Attaact on Archen. At least we know it's a female now. The fighting with Team Rocket was epic. We were able to see Tranquil in action again which is good since the bird Pokemon hasn't been having much screen time. Oshawott reaction when he saw the tree on fire made me laugh. It gets me to wonder who he put in the PC since he still had his new Pokemon out. Ash got mad in this episode while fighting Team Rocket.

Sponsored Links