Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page Orignal Series Discussion [Kanta/Orange/Johta]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Closed Thread

Old December 29th, 2010 (09:33 PM).
♠Dawn Rayne♠
Best in the world at what I do

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to ♠Dawn Rayne♠
I noticed alot of thngs tao durng mah run through thase past few weeks.

I be guessng that n tha show, tha fightng pokemon gym n Saffron is officially a gym? It showed tha sbeurai earnng his Marsh badge by beatng a Hitmonlee n tha episode "Bad ta Tha Bone" So Ash is tha only traner ta beat Sabrna I suppose.

Also tha animatar messes up Tebe Rockets clothas quite alot, one mnute thay have gloves and tha next just long white sleeves lol.
I've seen it all, I was here first..

Old January 5th, 2011 (03:46 PM).
Tombo

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
I've recently started rewatchng and so far I'm up ta Episode 37 - Pikachu's goodbye.

I'm lovng it but it is gonna takes me a long time ta catch up

Thare is so dawgy Pikachus n dis episode!
Old January 10th, 2011 (09:58 PM).
The Red Chain

Wow! I cbee n here at an nterestng time snce tha older series is also ben rewatched almost completely by othars tao!

I started rewatchng tha entire Kanta series a few days ago. I fnished tha Ndigo Plateau episodes just last night and started on Johta. :3
Gosh how I missed thase old days.. I don't cis how bad and how cheesy tha episodes is, thay is all still so beazng. Fo Pokemon, I'll always be a kid at heart. <3

.. and Pikachu's Goodbye still dawgages ta make me cry a river. ;~;
Old January 11th, 2011 (06:38 PM).
Tombo

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tombo Send a message via Yahoo to Tombo Send a message via Skype™ to Tombo
Quote orignally posted by Tha Red Chan:
Wow! I cbee n here at an nterestng time snce tha older series is also ben rewatched almost completely by othars tao!

I started rewatchng tha entire Kanta series a few days ago. I fnished tha Ndigo Plateau episodes just last night and started on Johta. :3
Gosh how I missed thase old days.. I don't cis how bad and how cheesy tha episodes is, thay is all still so beazng. Fo Pokemon, I'll always be a kid at heart. <3

.. and Pikachu's Goodbye still dawgages ta make me cry a river. ;~;
Wow, you must do nothng but watch tha episodes ta git through tham that quickly!

I'm now up ta episode 70, I'm lovng tha series so far.

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love ta lnk up wit thugz so PM me taday!

It's a whole new way ta see,
It's a whole new place,
Wit a brand new attitude
But you still gotsta catch 'em all
And be tha best that you can be!
Old January 11th, 2011 (09:31 PM).
The Red Chain

Quote orignally posted by Tambo:
Wow, you must do nothng but watch tha episodes ta git through tham that quickly!
Hahaha! It was through tha course of a few days.. ben bout a week or so. I'm not sure if that is still quick or not. XD;

Well I haven't been watchng much of Johta lately but I'm plannng on watchng Whitney's episodes here pretty soon. I've seen most of tha startng episodes thousands of times over snce I have tham on tape, so I skipped most of those.
Old January 12th, 2011 (04:59 AM).
Tombo

Quote orignally posted by Tha Red Chan:

Hahaha! It was through tha course of a few days.. ben bout a week or so. I'm not sure if that is still quick or not. XD;

Well I haven't been watchng much of Johta lately but I'm plannng on watchng Whitney's episodes here pretty soon. I've seen most of tha startng episodes thousands of times over snce I have tham on tape, so I skipped most of those.
Okay, well that is fair enough than. It's still pretty quick though! I've been watchng fo bout 5 weeks and I'm up ta episode 70, I thought tht was pretty speedy befoe lol.

3DS friend code: 1478-4001-3509

I would love ta lnk up wit thugz so PM me taday!

It's a whole new way ta see,
It's a whole new place,
Wit a brand new attitude
But you still gotsta catch 'em all
And be tha best that you can be!
Old January 24th, 2011 (06:12 PM).
nickstr
Smoochum

Nature: Gentle
I might be one of tha few here who modernized thair orignal series collection. I have all of Kanta and tha Orange Islands on DVD along wit whittlng away at Johta. Recently its been Master Quest here and Johta Journeys on T-VIZZLE.
Old February 1st, 2011 (06:58 PM).
LD1808
Beginning Trainer

Didn't really like Orange Island, dawgly coz it had Tracy (who's just as bad as Max and Dawn...woah off tapic). Ndigo Leauge was tha best. Johta had a lot of filler, but what's wrong wit filler, as long as it's funny?

A lot of thugz sez it's only coz of nostalgia and that we grew up wit it, or it cbee first. That's a part of it, yes, but you'll notice that tha writng has improved n Best Wishes, coz thay (I've heard) brought back tha orignal writers.

Plus, just coz Ash could actually suck at ben a traner n tha early episodes, Tebe Rocket was a threat (especially Pokemon Emergency! and Here Comes tha Squirtle Squad!), tha supportng characters and Characters of tha day weren't bland (most of tha time), etc.

And dis is knda shawt, but did anybody else prefer tha orignal colorng style over tha new digital style? Oh sure, tha new ones is brighter and look newer, but some colors changed (fo tha worse) such as Jessie's hair went from red ta magenta, and Officer Jenny's went from blue ta green-ish blue (I thnk). On tap of that, Pikachu was actually skanky back than. He was chubby (until Johta or Orange Islands), and he didn't just rap after Ash did. Now (n DP) he's basically like Piplup (off tapic agan?)....

Plus wit tha Ndigo Leauge, 4Kids did a decent job. Thay didn't replace riceballs wit sandwiches, thay actually translated tha signs nstead of just leavng tham blank, thay tried harder wit translation of dialouge (at least earler on), etc. And tha music replacement was lower.

Additionally, I liked tha older music better, tao. Title Screen especially, tha Raid! thame, Tebe Rocket's Motta thame, Kanta Bicycle Thame, Tebe Rocket Encounter, Route 1, not ta mention tha openngs, and Pikachu's Jukebox/Pokemon Kisokemon. And I liked Who's That Pokemon? beter than Traner's Choice (at least thay gots Who's That Pokemon right, as far as I can remember).
Old February 27th, 2011 (09:09 PM).
-Cygnus-
It's an odyssey

Nature: Mild
Just saw episode 35ish, Legend of Dratni or somethng... Good lord that was quite a shock ta tha system lol. I was never really big nta tha anime, but I remember a few episodes as a kid and... Gats? Hitler Meowth?? Seriously lol were all tha japanese episodes dis different than those viz media VHS tapes I have stawed n mah basement? I've heard that 4kids watered it down a bit but... Hitler Meowth lol that's all I gots ta sez.

I was knd of beused at how close Tebe Rocket's voices japanese voices were ta tha English versions though xD
Old May 17th, 2011 (08:10 PM).
ZeldaStrife
PKMN Trainer for 16 Years

Nature: Jolly
I recently started watchng tha anime agan after I gots back nta mah SoulSilver gbee, and subsequently mah White version. I thought, "Dawg, I wanna go back and rewatch some Pokemon episodes!"

Well, I worked mah way through season one, which was a blast. when I was a kid that was as far as I gots, but I'd like ta watch furthar. However, I know that season two was just terrible--it was tha reason I nitially stapped. But i would like ta watch some later seasons and whatnot.

But fo now, I'd like ta know if thare is any episodes n Season 2 that is noteworthy. I watched up ta episode three, where Brock leaves (EPIC POUTNG DAWGEUVER), but now I have seen that tha rest of tha season is dumb.

Thanks!
Old May 17th, 2011 (10:59 PM).
JinRazielGames
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Brock leaves, later comes back.
Just watch it all. You know.
Bad thngs happen but later tha good returns.

Keep watchng, and Orange Islands is mah favorite.
Old May 17th, 2011 (11:14 PM).
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Wow, I really enjoyed it - especially snce tha orange islands is anime exclusive, it just showed tha writers imagnations.

I guess tha best bet fo you would be ta just watch tha gym battles, and maybe a few captures.

Old May 18th, 2011 (02:10 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Tha Orange Islands were pretty meh ta me. I suggest you watch tha battle between Ash and Drake (2 parts if I remember correctly) coz it shows how overpowered Drake's Dragonite is.

Old May 18th, 2011 (09:27 AM).
ZeldaStrife

Quote orignally posted by Mew~:
Wow, I really enjoyed it - especially snce tha orange islands is anime exclusive, it just showed tha writers imagnations.

I guess tha best bet fo you would be ta just watch tha gym battles, and maybe a few captures.
A couple of tham is a little odd, I mus admit, but a few of tham is pretty enjoyable, especially more tawards tha end.

Quote orignally posted by PlatnumDude:
Tha Orange Islands were pretty meh ta me. I suggest you watch tha battle between Ash and Drake (2 parts if I remember correctly) coz it shows how overpowered Drake's Dragonite is.
haha, "meh" is defnitely a word I would use ta describe dis season, tao. I just fnished watchng that episode between Ash and Drake, and it was a really good match. I enjoyed it immensely.

Once tha season really gits gong, it does git better. But I wish Ash didnt always release his good Pokemon--like right now, he's gonna release his Lapras. And previously, he released his newly-evolved Pidgeot.

Perhaps I was quick ta judge. Thanks, homeys.
Old May 20th, 2011 (09:08 PM).
deoxys121
White Kyurem Cometh

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Yahoo to deoxys121
I thnk tha best part of that season was where Ash's Charizard FNALLY starts ta obey Ash n Charizard Chills. At least watch that one if you haven't.
Old May 21st, 2011 (06:11 AM).
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Well look at dis, Orange Island discussion. Lemme savor dis moment while I move dis on over ta tha Orignal Series Discussion sticky over n tha Episode Discussion foum.

I have ta admit, tha Orange Islands was one part of tha anime that I actually didn't follow up on tao well. After tha Ndigo Plateau, I knd of lost track of tha show until tha Advanced Generation when Hoenn taok place.
Old May 21st, 2011 (06:55 AM).
ZeldaStrife

Quote orignally posted by deoxys121:
I thnk tha best part of that season was where Ash's Charizard FNALLY starts ta obey Ash n Charizard Chills. At least watch that one if you haven't.
Ah, yes! That was ndeed a good episode!

Quote orignally posted by Hiiro:
Well look at dis, Orange Island discussion. Lemme savor dis moment while I move dis on over ta tha Orignal Series Discussion sticky over n tha Episode Discussion foum.

I have ta admit, tha Orange Islands was one part of tha anime that I actually didn't follow up on tao well. After tha Ndigo Plateau, I knd of lost track of tha show until tha Advanced Generation when Hoenn taok place.
Ooooh, mah bad! I'm sorry if I placed dis n an ncorrect subfoum. I did search othar foums and tried ta place mah question n tha most appropriate one. I wanted ta discuss tha series as a whole, not a specific episode, so I thought dis was tha most appropriate. Sorry agan! ;
Old May 21st, 2011 (06:04 PM).
Zayin
#1 Team Rocket fan

Nature: Adamant
Quote orignally posted by Pokemonhomey1990:
Just realized somethng while re watchng old Kanta Pokemon.

Ep. 49 so far yet so farfetch'd Jessie has 2 pokemon, arbok and lickitung
HOWEVER, lickitung isn't caught until episode 52 prncess vs. prncess
I thnk that is due ta changes n tha airng dates.

Old May 30th, 2011 (01:30 AM). Edited May 30th, 2011 by Kirbychu.
PickupTeam
Free Item Abuser

Just now.

Wit tha flashng seizure lights.

On dis website, no less:

*Mod Edit*

Wit tha subtly seizure-nducng background ta enhance tha experience.

Now I be shakng and a little, well, disoriented...but at least I can coherently fom sentences. That was horrible. Absolutely horrible, and I sat through all of it. I do not recommend dis ta anybody ta watch, unless you is as masochistic as me and have a morbid curiosity like I did.

Ugh.

EDIT:

Spoiler:
It had exactly what I thought it was gong ta have: flashng strobe effects n ranbow colors, and lots of explosions.
It also had a lot of perfect geometric patterns, which I generally fnd hypnotic by thamselves, much less wit rhythmic strobng gong on.

I cannot believe dis was even buggine! Who thought it would be a good idea ta do all that!? Seriously. Do Not Watch It.

EDIT:

No, you know what? I thnk it's actually funny n a weird way. Coz tha essence of Polygon could not have been captured n any othar way.

Pantng wit Smeargles, all day and night.
Mewtwo's laboratary witn mah sights.
God, grant me a lightnng bolt path-
I pray fo safe passage thru numbers and math.

Old May 30th, 2011 (10:13 AM).
Kirbychu

Nature: Naive
Pleaze do not lnk ta websites that illegally show tha episodes. We also have a thread fo tha orignal series episodes.

I'm disapponted that dis episode caused so any seizures coz it just runed every chance tha Porygon fbeily would have of ever appearng agan.

Oh, and I feel sorry fo tha children tao!
Old May 30th, 2011 (01:12 PM).
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
I have seen it and I didn't experience any where near yo "supposed" seizure conditions you mentioned. Tha episode it's self wasn't that bad, it was an alright filler at tha best but I wouldn't sez don't watch it just coz thare is flashes through out half tha episode. Just don't watch it if you is prone ta seizures, if that is not tha case than you shouldn't let tha seizure scis impact if you watch dis or not.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old May 30th, 2011 (04:52 PM).
PickupTeam
Free Item Abuser

Quote orignally posted by Kenshn5:
I have seen it and I didn't experience any where near yo "supposed" seizure conditions you mentioned. Tha episode it's self wasn't that bad, it was an alright filler at tha best but I wouldn't sez don't watch it just coz thare is flashes through out half tha episode. Just don't watch it if you is prone ta seizures, if that is not tha case than you shouldn't let tha seizure scis impact if you watch dis or not.

Tha thng is, I'm NOT prone ta seizures at all. Never had one. Tha episode left me wit some mental confusion and disorientation (durng which I perhaps unwisely buggine a triple post bout tha event). I wasn't expectng anythng like that ta happen ta me.

Pantng wit Smeargles, all day and night.
Mewtwo's laboratary witn mah sights.
God, grant me a lightnng bolt path-
I pray fo safe passage thru numbers and math.

Old June 5th, 2011 (03:00 PM).
poopnate
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Just a quick question here snce Pickup gots on tha tapic of Porygon... Does "Denno Senshi Porygon" come on tha DVDs (n Japanese or English dubs... I don't cis which)? I know it's banned, but as long as thare's a Seizure Warnng, it should be legal ta sell, shouldn't it?
Old June 5th, 2011 (10:53 PM).
Kirbychu

Nature: Naive
Quote orignally posted by poopnate:
Just a quick question here snce Pickup gots on tha tapic of Porygon... Does "Denno Senshi Porygon" come on tha DVDs (n Japanese or English dubs... I don't cis which)? I know it's banned, but as long as thare's a Seizure Warnng, it should be legal ta sell, shouldn't it?
I'm pretty sure tha Japanese government placed a worldwide ban on tha episode.
Old June 6th, 2011 (03:33 AM).
poopnate
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Quote orignally posted by Kirbychu:

I'm pretty sure tha Japanese government placed a worldwide ban on tha episode.
Arceus Dbemit! Oh well... I can always fnd tham Fandubbed onlne, I guess. Thanks fo tha answer. :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links