• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Misc. Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Misc. Editor

What?
Misc. Editor is a small tool that anyone can use to fix/implement a few things. It only works with Pokemon FireRed v1.0 for now. So, it will change/fix:
  • Indoor Running Shoes
  • Evolution without the National Dex
  • Species text cut-off glitch

Note
Misc. Editor was made with C# .NET 4.0, so your computer needs .NET 4.0 on it to run it.

Screens
Spoiler:

Current Version
Misc. Editor is currently in version 1.1.

Credits
  • HackMew
  • Jambo51

Download
Check the attachments, it's there.

Last edited:

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Wow, this is cool! :D This takes away all the hassle of hex coding in these glitches! :))

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Hmmm. Where's the credits to the people who figured out this stuff to begin with. HackMew and myself spent quite some time working out the ASM behind it you know!

That said, this is a useful little tool, and I have no problems with you including the stuff. All we ask for is a little credit :)

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
I'll just clarify, does this tool patch up the fix to the ROM or does it completely rewrite a new routine out of ASM? Do ROM Bases work once you install these stuff? :D

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hmmm. Where's the credits to the people who figured out this stuff to begin with. HackMew and myself spent quite some time working out the ASM behind it you know!

That said, this is a useful little tool, and I have no problems with you including the stuff. All we ask for is a little credit :)

Oh, I included the credits in the program, but I think I'll add them to the post as well.

I'll just clarify, does this tool patch up the fix to the ROM or does it completely rewrite a new routine out of ASM? Do ROM Bases work once you install these stuff? :D

It just overwrites the original data, so a ROM base should work fine with it.

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
I'll be waiting for it. I'll be sure to use it as soon as it comes out. :D

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
Yo, agentgeo! Where's the editor? I'm waiting fo' it, dude! :D

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
Thread is approved, let's see the tool. :P *said with tounge firmly planted in cheek so I don't get in trouble*

TheDarkShark

Metal Headed Hacker
Years
The comic sans font is quite a good font - for invitations of some sort. But it doesn't make your tool look very ... serious.
Apart from that, I don't really get the point in writing a program to implement those little things. If you already have the offset, it will take aproximately 15 (well, let's say per feature + opening the rom in the hex-editor) seconds to jump to the location, do a simple byte change and hit save. I'm not sure if the evolution thing is a simple byte change, too, but if it is, it'd be a waste of time (and space on the hard drive :P ) to download the tool, and implementing the features.
But this isn't the only thing that disapoints me of this tool: if you are too lazy or something to implement those features with a hex-editor, you don't really deserve to have them in your hack, IMO (well, e.g. map-editing or scripting, which have to be done very often and aren't that simple to do in hex, could be done with a tool, but only if you understand how it works with a hex-editor. That's my opinion about tools of this kind)

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
The comic sans font is quite a good font - for invitations of some sort. But it doesn't make your tool look very ... serious.
Apart from that, I don't really get the point in writing a program to implement those little things. If you already have the offset, it will take aproximately 15 (well, let's say per feature + opening the rom in the hex-editor) seconds to jump to the location, do a simple byte change and hit save. I'm not sure if the evolution thing is a simple byte change, too, but if it is, it'd be a waste of time (and space on the hard drive :P ) to download the tool, and implementing the features.
But this isn't the only thing that disapoints me of this tool: if you are too lazy or something to implement those features with a hex-editor, you don't really deserve to have them in your hack, IMO (well, e.g. map-editing or scripting, which have to be done very often and aren't that simple to do in hex, could be done with a tool, but only if you understand how it works with a hex-editor. That's my opinion about tools of this kind)

It may be just me, but this tool seems almost ... pointless ( ? )
IDK, maybe it's just me. :\

I understand what you both mean, and I know that this tool is pretty pointless, but I made it to practice programming... So, yeah it is pointless, but I wanted to share it anyways.

Meta Paradox

Researching FireRed...
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2011
I like it! It's too cool for programming fixes!
And yeah. I hate the Comic Sans font too. Glad you changed your font.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back