The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 20th, 2011, 04:54 PM
ltsang
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misheard Whisper View Post
That shouldn't be a problem, really. I wasn't familiar with any of the new Pokemon either, and I did just fine.

And silly Deoxys121, you can't get any ice-types at that stage in the game. They don't pop up until Twist Mountain, iirc. So yeah, keep on with your Sandile, and learn to predict Volt Switches to give yourself the advantage. In addition, Sandile effectively blocks VS, which can give you a huge advantage. What level is the little fella?
My alligator is at level 23 at or 24 at the moment. If it is low where do you think I can go train him?

5th gen white: 3954 7616 0505 (WOOT!) Please teach me how to clone in white. Its a lot complicated than hg.

Old May 20th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
Just train him anywhere in that area. The route to the east of Nimbasa City should be OK for that, I think, and the west as well iirc. Generally, the best place to train anything is the furthest place you can reach in the game at the moment.
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Wyatt Fire
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Modest
What exactly is special attack and special defense? And, why do they matter?
Old May 20th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt Fire View Post
What exactly is special attack and special defense? And, why do they matter?
Special Attack applies to when a pokemon uses an attack that's considered "special", as in, not physical, such as Ember and Focus Blast. Attack is the physical equivalent, for moves like Tackle and Zen Headbutt. Special Defense is the counterpart of Defense, so when a Pokemon uses a Special attack on you, that's what's taken into account instead of Defense.

The only way to tell if it's special or physical is to look online, but after a while you probably will have a good idea of most of them and what type they are, by their name and description or just from past experience.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Nato4eyes

How do you know when a pokemon's stat is fully ev trained?
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nato4eyes View Post
How do you know when a pokemon's stat is fully ev trained?
You have no way of telling other than keeping close track for any one stat, but you can tell if your Pokemon has received all of its EVs by talking to a woman in Opelucid that will tell you whether or not your Pokemon can try a bit harder or it has put in a great effort (not full vs. full EVs).

'Hoy, small fry!
Old May 20th, 2011, 11:45 PM
moon_light
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_light View Post
when I trade with someone via wifi by exchanging friend codes, their character appears as a NPC in the union tower. Will the NPC disappear if I delete their friend code from my pal pad or does the NPC stay there forever?
reposting my previous question
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:09 AM
Calamity
Just for the love of the game.

@Moonlight yes the NPC does dissapear from Unity Tower when deleted from your Pal Pad I think.

And my own question, just to see if this is possible; If you transferred a male Gliscor with stealth rock from 4th gen, and then let it breed with a female Gliscor with Poison Heal. Is there a chance the Gligar could have the fathers passed down SR move and the mothers ability?
Happens
Old May 21st, 2011, 02:19 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinySalamence888 View Post
@Moonlight yes the NPC does dissapear from Unity Tower when deleted from your Pal Pad I think.

And my own question, just to see if this is possible; If you transferred a male Gliscor with stealth rock from 4th gen, and then let it breed with a female Gliscor with Poison Heal. Is there a chance the Gligar could have the fathers passed down SR move and the mothers ability?
It's possible for the baby Gligar to have Immunity (which changes to Poison Heal when it evolves), but it's not possible for it to have Stealth Rock, which isn't one of Gligar/Gliscor's egg moves (and a Gen V TM) in the first place.

Old May 21st, 2011, 04:14 AM
Kanefan91
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lax
How many pokemon are there in total if you count all different forms? Not counting if a single pokemon can transform, but a pokemon species having different catchable forms. Like Frillish having a male and female form, NOT like Deerling having one form for each season.
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:23 AM
Brane
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanefan91 View Post
How many pokemon are there in total if you count all different forms? Not counting if a single pokemon can transform, but a pokemon species having different catchable forms. Like Frillish having a male and female form, NOT like Deerling having one form for each season.
That would take too long for someone to count.

But... here is an estimate.

We're going to assume that 2/3 of Pokemon in the game have different genders (which is roughly correct).

Soooooo

649/3 = 216
216 x 2 = 432
So 649 + 432 = 1081.

So roughly 1081 different catchable forms.
This is assuming you didn't want Pokemon like Deoxy who has a Speed form/Defence form etc.
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:43 PM
joshua83900
Beginning Trainer

I really need a Ice type Pokemon to battle the last gym but i don't know what and where to get a really good Ice type Pokemon, so please help me....
Old May 21st, 2011, 09:58 PM
jmd34
<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3

Nature: Calm
If I can say something , Go catch yourself an Axew In mistralton cave , it's a dragon type , it's really fast and has high attack , you should train it to at least level 40-42 and then you should be able to defeat the gym leader if your team is Legit '
White Name : JM
FC : 5329 1888 0577
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:12 PM
justlars
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
what pokemon have wonder guard as a ability? i believe that's the name. it's the ability that lets only supereffective moves hit. is there any specific pokemon that have it?
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:15 PM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by justlars View Post
what pokemon have wonder guard as a ability? i believe that's the name. it's the ability that lets only supereffective moves hit. is there any specific pokemon that have it?
Only Shedinja has Wonder Guard as an ability, if I remember correctly.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:31 PM
twindelphine
Pokemon Meister

I would like to post a question about Wonder Cards in Pokemon B/W. Can they be used if I transfer the Wonder Card from one cartridge to another? Like for instance, can I still go to catch Victini in a second cartridge when I transfer it from the first?
Old May 21st, 2011, 11:49 PM
PokéSwimmer
Keeping time time time

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindelphine View Post
I would like to post a question about Wonder Cards in Pokemon B/W. Can they be used if I transfer the Wonder Card from one cartridge to another? Like for instance, can I still go to catch Victini in a second cartridge when I transfer it from the first?
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't transfer Wonder Cards in 5th Gen.

Old May 22nd, 2011, 12:42 AM
twindelphine
Pokemon Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokéSwimmer View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can't transfer Wonder Cards in 5th Gen.
I'm pretty sure it's possible, according to Bulbapedia.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:00 AM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
I tried to transfer the Victini card to my friends at school and it didn't work, so I'm thinking that no, it doesn't work.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:53 AM
Zapper V3
Beginning Trainer

My question is simple and yet i can't find an answer on the web: if I start a new game in Pokemon White, can i have a new sync code and i can "restart" my game on the Dream World with a new account, or i get stuck and can't go online anymore?
Old May 22nd, 2011, 04:35 AM
twindelphine
Pokemon Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapper V3 View Post
My question is simple and yet i can't find an answer on the web: if I start a new game in Pokemon White, can i have a new sync code and i can "restart" my game on the Dream World with a new account, or i get stuck and can't go online anymore?
No. Once you register your Game Sync code to your Pokemon Global Link code, it's impossible to change the code to the one that you get after restarting the game. You will have to start a new PGL account.

@Misheard Whisper: Serious? I wanted to restart my Pokemon Black but I'm worried about losing the card.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 09:24 AM
Kaori
tragedy

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kaori
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindelphine View Post
@Misheard Whisper: Serious? I wanted to restart my Pokemon Black but I'm worried about losing the card.
If I were you I would probably catch the Victini (if you already haven't) and trade it over to someone who will hang onto it for the mean time.

Quoted from Bulbapedia:

Quote:
Some Wonder Cards may also be used via DS Wireless Connection, enabling a player with an event to distribute the card for the event to players that do not yet have it.
- I guess you could try this as well, but if it doesn't work you're better off catching that Victini first before restarting your game, or more than likely you will lose the Wonder Card.

smile. paired to vrai & karpman & drew
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:15 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Ok, this is a nice and simple one...well, sort of.

Where's the best place for training my Unfezant? It's currently lv.46, holding a Lucky Egg, and I want to get it to level 48, and there are no trainers left in the game except the Elite Four, who I don't want to challenge until it's lv.48.
Old May 22nd, 2011, 10:27 AM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amore View Post
Ok, this is a nice and simple one...well, sort of.

Where's the best place for training my Unfezant? It's currently lv.46, holding a Lucky Egg, and I want to get it to level 48, and there are no trainers left in the game except the Elite Four, who I don't want to challenge until it's lv.48.
There are the Trainers in Nimbasa Stadium which are all around 40, and you can also just run around looking for shaking grass and fighting Audinos.

'Hoy, small fry!
Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
greg0915
Tomorrow is a new day
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
In mulitplayer flat battles when your pokemon is set to LV.50 wich one is correct?

Lv.100 to Lv.50 = stats are halfed
or
Lv.100 to Lv.50 = stats are set to what the pokemons stats where when it was Lv.50
i would like to know this for EV training

Sponsored Links

Advertise here