• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezio - X

Master Fire Veteran
Years
Is there any way to have Wi-Fi battles with your freinds without the pokemon being lvl 50....wihout the bas level????

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
If i'm in a double battle using a Machamp with No Guard ability and lets say a Rydon, If i use Horn Drill will it have 100% accuracy?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
If i'm in a double battle using a Machamp with No Guard ability and lets say a Rydon, If i use Horn Drill will it have 100% accuracy?
No. No Guard only applies to Machamp.
You can still take advantage of moves like DynamicPunch and Fire Blast. No Guard is a great ability.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Without vitamins, how many Basculin will I have to defeat to get 252 speed ev's?

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Actually, No Guard makes the moves of the Pokemon with the ability and the Pokemon attacking it 100%, meaning OHKO moves will hit Machamp. Even in double battles I believe.

on Serebii.net it says "The accuracy of all moves known by all pokemon on the field raises to 100%" but i tried it on Heart Gold and it didn't seem to work. So i'm confused :/

Years
And don't forget pokerus doubles your ev training. Say like a normal pokemon has one ev and double it becomes 2. So your ev training is a lot faster. Also keep track of how you ev train. Like when you stop just right it down and continue it later. I have a notebook full with pokemon ev training right now. My notebook is almost complete. :D Count the pp usage. Like if you have 15 pp 15 X 2 = 30 evs. Until you ran out of pp go to the pokemon to heal your pokemon or deposit it and withdraw it. This style of healing one pokemon is faster instead of healing all 6. Not last but least if a pokemon has 2 ev and it would double so it will be 4. So 15 X 4 is 60. So for that pokemon it has 60 ev. Well I've done what I can. Now it is your turn to go experience the world of ev training. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml also this site I'm giving you tells you how many ev that each pokemon has. But it is for the 4th gen. I'm sure the 5th gen have the same thing. I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

For example ev training in Kingler
EV: 252 Atk, 252 SPE and what ever ev you have left I would put it on lets say def is 6. A total of 510 ev for one pokemon.

move sets are: Metal claw, crab hammer, brick break and X -scissor. You want your pokemon to have a huge advantages against other types.

Last edited:

pokehunter87

Pokemon Breeder
Years
Without vitamins, how many Basculin will I have to defeat to get 252 speed ev's?

you could also use the power anklet if you have one that gives 4 extra EV's for each basculin defeated in battle.

so you'd get the 2 you normally get, plus the 4 from the anklet.

252/6 = 42 Basculin required

And don't forget pokerus doubles your ev training. Say like a normal pokemon has one ev and double it becomes 2. So your ev training is a lot faster. Also keep track of how you ev train. Like when you stop just right it down and continue it later. I have a notebook full with pokemon ev training right now. My notebook is almost complete. :D Count the pp usage. Like if you have 15 pp 15 X 2 = 30 evs. Until you ran out of pp go to the pokemon to heal your pokemon or deposit it and withdraw it. This style of healing one pokemon is faster instead of healing all 6. Not last but least if a pokemon has 2 ev and it would double so it will be 4. So 15 X 4 is 60. So for that pokemon it has 60 ev. Well I've done what I can. Now it is your turn to go experience the world of ev training. http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml also this site I'm giving you tells you how many ev that each pokemon has. But it is for the 4th gen. I'm sure the 5th gen have the same thing. I can't seem to find it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

For example ev training in Kingler
EV: 252 Atk, 252 SPE and what ever ev you have left I would put it on lets say def is 6. A total of 510 ev for one pokemon.

move sets are: Metal claw, crab hammer, brick break and X -scissor. You want your pokemon to have a huge advantages against other types.

http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml - this is for black and white EV training

Last edited:

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Thanks Pokehunter, but what if I had both the power item and pokerus, how many would I need then?

ceremony

rah rah
Years
Thanks Pokehunter, but what if I had both the power item and pokerus, how many would I need then?

With the Pokerus and Power Items, I'd use the vitamins as well. I get a lot of money from Black City, Nimbasa City, Gamefreak guy, Cynthia, and the underwater cave has a lot of items you can sell to the rich guy in Undella Bay. I found a $300,000 item before.

If you use 10 vitamins, and EV train with Pokerus and a Power Item, it wouldn't take long because (2sp+4sp)*2=12 Speed EVs from the Basculin.

So I'd take out 12, and remove the Power Item. You'll be at 244.

Then battle two more for (2 Speed EVs doubled=4 EVs per Basculin.) a total of 8, and you'll be at 252.

So, in short, if you have the vitamins, Pokerus, and Power Items:

12 Basculin, remove Power Item, 2 Basculin.

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen May 6, 2013
all right, I know what the Pokerus is and what it does, but how do I get my Pokemon infected? And then what do I do?

Years
all right, I know what the Pokerus is and what it does, but how do I get my Pokemon infected? And then what do I do?

I believe that it's an event of random chance. Pokerus doubles the rate at which your Pokemon receives EVs, so if I were you, I'd spread the infection and EV Train any Pokemon that you want to make stronger.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years

It only has a very small chance to infect a random Pokemon. Once that Pokemon has got it. You can put that Pokemon into a box of other Pokemon and watch the virus spread.

You then do the effects of which Pokerus gives, train up.

ZeldaStrife

PKMN Trainer for 16 Years
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen May 6, 2013
so there's no finite way to make my Pokemon be infected by the virus? It is a random occurrence?

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
ok my team in pokemon black is:

Pignite lvl 31
Zebstrika lvl 31
Swoobat lvl 31
Tirtouga lvl 31
Krokorok lvl 31

i just got the 5th badge, so yeah, i need someone to compliment my team.
No axew or no pansage please.

i really dont know what pokemon can get along with my team, so yeah, help me pleasee
no specific type or ability.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
so there's no finite way to make my Pokemon be infected by the virus? It is a random occurrence?

Getting your first Pokerus Pokemon is a bit of a rare occurrence, but it will happen (likely even before the E4). Once you have it, battling with that Pokemon in your team will spread it to others in your team randomly, but fairly consistently.

Eventually, Pokerus will go away and that Pokemon will NEVER be able to get Pokerus again. However, putting the Pokemon in the Box will prevent it from recovering from the virus (so you can prolong the disease and infect more Pokemon)

It only has a very small chance to infect a random Pokemon. Once that Pokemon has got it. You can put that Pokemon into a box of other Pokemon and watch the virus spread.

Pokerus only spreads to Pokemon you are carrying with you (and only after battles).

Also to note that Pokerus' effects NEVER wear off even after the disease wears off.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

ok my team in pokemon black is:

Pignite lvl 31
Zebstrika lvl 31
Swoobat lvl 31
Tirtouga lvl 31
Krokorok lvl 31

i just got the 5th badge, so yeah, i need someone to compliment my team.
No axew or no pansage please.

i really dont know what pokemon can get along with my team, so yeah, help me pleasee
no specific type or ability.

First off, you can beat the game with ANY Pokemon, so there's no point in asking.

Otherwise, try something that isn't Physical... 'Cause 4/5 you have right now are Physical users. Try Whimsicott / Prankster (I don't care what you say about "no specific ability" because any other Whimsicott is crap): Giga Drain, Stun Spore, Tailwind, Shadow Ball. That's pretty good for in-game (but sucks for Competitive).

Last edited:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Getting your first Pokerus Pokemon is a bit of a rare occurrence, but it will happen (likely even before the E4). Once you have it, battling with that Pokemon in your team will spread it to others in your team randomly, but fairly consistently.

Eventually, Pokerus will go away and that Pokemon will NEVER be able to get Pokerus again. However, putting the Pokemon in the Box will prevent it from recovering from the virus (so you can prolong the disease and infect more Pokemon)

Pokerus only spreads to Pokemon you are carrying with you (and only after battles).

Also to note that Pokerus' effects NEVER wear off even after the disease wears off.

Actually placing the infected Pokemon in a box works to. I've tried it first hand. :]

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
what do you guys recommend me, catch a vanilite and train him only for the opelud city gym badge and then catch a deino or fight the gym with my 5 pokemon and catch a deino later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back