• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • A reminder that our new forum software has 2FA! It can be accessed by clicking your username and then "Password and security" from the menu. We strongly suggest not reusing passwords for your online accounts and enabling 2FA if possible.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
ZYmaa.png

Updated March 2012​

What is The Rainbow Connection?

The Rainbow Connection is essentially The PokeCommunity's version of a Gay/Straight Alliance. It is a place for people who are gay, bisexual, transgender or whatever else you may be to come and share your stories, get advice, and discuss everything from developments in the fight for equality to what it means to live day-to-day in our shoes. Supporters of the LGBT community are more than welcome (in fact, encouraged!) to come and join in the conversation – so really, it's a club for everybody except bigots!

Rules and Guidelines

We're a pretty well established community now, so we know that it's a fairly lax place to post and we know by now what's OK and what's not. But for the new people, lets take it from the top:

• Follow all forum rules. Failure to do so will result in you being dealt with accordingly by a member of staff.
  • You do not have to be a supporter or member of the LGBT community to join, but you must still be respectful. No bigotry will be tolerated.
  • If somebody asks a question, answer it seriously. If somebody has a real issue, the last thing they need is to be trolled.
  • If you have any questions or problems concerning this club, PM me. I'm very good with getting back to people quickly.

Key Terms

We use a lot of words here that you might only understand if you've paid much previous attention to the LGBT community. Here's a handy list of some of those words in case you get stuck, provided to us by Scarf.

Heterosexual
A person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the opposite sex.

Homosexual
A person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the same sex.

Bisexual
A person who is sexually and romantically attracted to persons of the same and opposite sex.

Demisexual
A person who is only sexually attracted to someone with whom they share a deep emotional connection.

Pansexual
A person who is sexually and romantically attracted to any human being, regardless of orientation, gender identity, or sex.

Asexual
A person who does not feel sexual attraction to any gender or sex. An asexual person can still have romantic attraction to other people, just not sexual attraction.

Heteroromantic
A person who is romantically attracted to a person of the opposite sex, but not sexually attracted.

Homoromantic
A person who is romantically attracted to a person of the same sex, but not sexually attracted.

Biromantic
A person who is romantically attracted to persons of the same and opposite sex, but not sexually attracted.

Demiromantic
A person who is romantically attracted to someone with whom they share a deep emotional connection, but not sexually attracted.

Panromantic
A person who is romantically attracted to any human being, regardless of orientation, gender identity, or sex, but not sexually attracted.

Aromantic
A person who does not feel romantic attraction to any gender or sex. An aromantic person can still have physical attraction to other people and desire platonic relationships.

Transgender
An umbrella term for several types of gender identities.

Transsexual
A person whose gender is inconsistent with their biological sex. They may or may not have undergone sexual reassignment surgery.

Cisgender
A person whose physical body matches their gender.

Genderqueer
A person who does not feel they fit into either a female or male gender.

Gender fluid
A person who moves between genders

Intersex(ed)
Having elements of both genders. For instance, a person who has XY-chromosomes and develops female secondary sexual characteristics or a person who has ambiguous genitalia.

Gender dysphoria / Gender identity disorder
Feeling uncomfortable with the gender or sex one is assigned at birth.​

Member List
62.png

A
Aeon
Airbourne Bubblun
Akio123
Alakazam17
alehizzle
Alessi_sys
Alexial357
AlexOzzyCake
Alternative
Altix
an illegible mess.
appletechGodjuice
aRedMoon
Ariel Winter
Articunown
AshleyKetchum
Astinus
Ausaudriel

B
Barrels
Blade_of_darkness
BlahISuck
blaziken25
BlooMilk C.
Blue Nocturne
Blue Rose
BlueShellBeast
Briar
bubblebeam
Bumi
Buzz Buzz

C
CarefulWetPaint
Charizard★
Charlie Kelly
Clucknadus
CoraCoraNekaku
Counterfeit
Ctrl.Alt.Geak

D
dango989
Dawn_Hero
Daydream
Delcatty123
Destructor
deoxys121
Destiny Demon
Domo Genesis
donavannj
Dr.Kotov
dragonomega
dream's-epilogue
Drew
droomph

E
Eeveon
EGKangaroo
EmeraldSerenade
EntwinedSilence
Envy
Epitaph93
Erik Destler

F
Fallentheangel
fango pango
Femme Fatale
FenrirDarkWolf
Feralize
First Snow
Francois
FreakyLocz14
Fuyuhiko

G
Game Over1375
GFA
Gliberty
goldenarticuno
Gothitelle.
GreatTornado
Gyardosamped

H
HannakinCookie
Harlequin
Hiidoran
Hybrid Trainer

I
Illuminaughty
Impo
Ineffable~
Inkblots
IwatasBananas

J
jbthedelirious
Jellicent♀
jerichob10
JimJams
johnny18
Jubilation

K
Kayges
Keiran777
King!
Kikyochanx
KittenKoder
Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
Kura
Kurui
コナンくん

L
Lady Gaga
Landorus
Lateon
LaVida
Ledgetheorc
leo33wii
LightningAlex
LuvdiscLady
LynLyra

M
Magdalena~
magma_wolf
METHOD_REPLEKIA/.
Merak
Merzbau
Mew~
Minato Arisato
Mirby
Mononoke Hime
Moogles

N
Nakuzami
Nurse Barbra

O
ohHeyVaporeon.
Oshy

P
Pachy
PartiallyInsaneWhimsicott
Patchisou Yutohru
PhantomX0990
Physco
Pikapal642
PokeBelGirl
ProjectMisfit
Pudz

Q
QT
QueenMadz
QuilavaKing

R
Radio Rebel
Ravenfreak
Rednael
Renii
Retro Bug
RHIOneAlbum
roen52
Rokusasu
Rossay

S
Sap Sipper
Sassy Milkshake
Saturday's Child
Scarf
SchwarzRozen
Shiarra
solarowl
Somniac
[Snivy Baroque]
Snivy063
Snow Phoenix
Space Cowboy
Starstruck★
Sydian
Sylarr
SylphyStarr
シーツー

T
-ty-
Tailsko
Team Fail
tehGDS
ThatWhiteKid
TheWeirdBadger
Timbjerr
TomSucka
Torchick08
ToriSora
TornZero
Toujours
tropios
trotz59
TwiDragon
Twihiki_Amias
Twilight Sky
twistedpuppy

U
U_Flame
umbryan
Unknown#
Usagi-Chan~

V
Vato
VentusSkies
Victini
Virgilin
vizarod
voltianqueen
Vrai

W
wcdaily
World King

Xadvid

Y
YungKnowledge

Last edited:
Years
Totally joining
The one in social groups was so interesting and popular i'm sure this'll explode with members :D

Ok wait, what the hell? raising a genderless baby?
Isn't being a transgender like being gay where your born like that? how will this benefit the child in anyway apart from make him less sexist?
also so annoying that transgender isn't in the default dictionary on chrome -.-

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Sign me up as well. I was a member of the Social Group, and I thought it was a good experience. Twas sad to see it erased, but I'm glad to see it back here in another form. ^_^

Hybrid Trainer said:
Isn't being a transgender like being gay where your born like that?
No, I'd say it's not, using myself as an example. I am transgender, but I am not gay. I'm not interested in malexmale or femalexfemale, just malexfemale.

I don't know how I feel about that story. On one hand, it does kind of appear like an experiment, but it doesn't seem any worse than the alternative of assigning a sex to a child who knows nothing about what that'll mean further down the road.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
Yup, Joining, totally joining.
kathymenaregay.gif

.....Emm....Is this true? I hope so....Just saying~

Also,I've been listening to Gaga and for some reason I keep saying "Born this Gay" instead of "Born this Way".... Still works~

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
More News
Totally joining
The one in social groups was so interesting and popular i'm sure this'll explode with members :D

Ok wait, what the hell? raising a genderless baby?
Isn't being a transgender like being gay where your born like that? how will this benefit the child in anyway apart from make him less sexist?
also so annoying that transgender isn't in the default dictionary on chrome -.-
Welcome!

All gay people are born like that, excluding the bisexual people who chose to live exclusively heterosexual or homosexual lifestyles.

Transgender is when your biological unimportant sex doesn't match your mental actual sex.
Yeah, sign me up too, it sounds like it's going to be an interesting ride. Lets get our LGBTQIAA on!

I'm absolutely disgusted with Tennessee right now, but I have to say I doubt that legislature will be there for long. Gaga will be on the case before you know it...
Welcome! <3

Tennessee, seeing as it's..well..Tennessee, I don't care. xD
Sign me up as well. I was a member of the Social Group, and I thought it was a good experience. Twas sad to see it erased, but I'm glad to see it back here in another form. ^_^

No, I'd say it's not, using myself as an example. I am transgender, but I am not gay. I'm not interested in malexmale or femalexfemale, just malexfemale.

I don't know how I feel about that story. On one hand, it does kind of appear like an experiment, but it doesn't seem any worse than the alternative of assigning a sex to a child who knows nothing about what that'll mean further down the road.
Welcome! :D

kathymenaregay.gif

Also,I've been listening to Gaga and for some reason I keep saying "Born this Gay" instead of "Born this Way".... Still works~
That'd be a nice surprise. xD (I love Kathy Griffin)

I was Born this Gay. <3

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
Can I join? I was a GSA Senator at my community college.
Welcome Freaky! :D

Ooh! What was it like?
OMG That Afghanistan one was too good.

I'm joining this group. Definately. I wanted to join the last one, but I wasn't compelled to. I'm only joining now, not because I want to, but because I have friends that are gay, and that I don't see why they are so looked down upon. After all, they are just people, like you and I.

Haha, welcome to the group Nyan Cat. o3o

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I think the question of activity has been answered already. :P

I just read that article on Afghanistan, and I thought it was awesome. It's funny how our symbols often tend to get lost and/or twisted in translation, eh?

Shining Raichu

Years
kathymenaregay.gif

I LOVE KATHY GRIFFIN! When she comes on the TV I become a squealing fanboy. And yes, she is correct. Though I believe the statistic is actually 94.2%.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Because it's a complete, blatant lie created to empower those who aren't hetero-normative.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 4, 2023
I think I just laughed my lung up.... Ow...
Back onto topic, Just found this (Nsfw-ish):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPvVnrV1tow
I love him <3
I LOVE KATHY GRIFFIN! When she comes on the TV I become a squealing fanboy. And yes, she is correct. Though I believe the statistic is actually 94.2%.
Speaking of Kathy Griffin, my second favorite gay-idol next to Lady Gaga and my favorite comedian, I am so mad she canceled My Life on the D-List. :(
Because it's a complete, blatant lie created to empower those who aren't hetero-normative.
>:3

Shining Raichu

Years
.... WHY HAS NO ONE TOLD ME THIS BEFORE

Haha it's not true, relax, you weren't left out of a big secret or anything :P

No, it's a joke which someone took a little too seriously :P

Speaking of Kathy Griffin, my second favorite gay-idol next to Lady Gaga and my favorite comedian, I am so mad she canceled My Life on the D-List. :(

I was devastated, it took me a while to forgive her for that one. She's my favourite gay icon, even above Lady Gaga, and I can't accept that I'll have to live my life without a yearly fix of D-List antics :( - my new dream is for a show called "Kathy Lately". Think about how awesome that would be - it can air straight after Chelsea Lately lol

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I would like to join this club under the ally precident please. I'm not any of those things which make up the club, but I do support gay rights and whatnot. You can thank Lady Gaga for that. <3

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
Years
I think Lady Gaga's a cissexist, arrogant, white lady who thinks she speaks for everybody gay and otherwise, but hey. I can be a radical and ruin all your fun some other time if I want to.

As for me?

Androgynous, bigender, pansexual, queer, gay, trans*, genderqueer, unicorn, repeat. In any order.

I can be whatever I want to be, you got that, lovebirds? I'll be the Queen of Faeries if I want to be. As if I wasn't already that already.

Last edited:
Years
I know that transgender doesn't mean that the person is gay/lesbian (thank waterloo road for that xD) I meant isn't it something your born with and not something you just pick up somewhere along the line.

I think Lady Gaga's a cissexist, arrogant, white lady who thinks she speaks for everybody gay and otherwise, but hey. I can be a radical and ruin all your fun some other time if I want to.
Well all lady gaga is doing is standing up for what she believes is right, it's the fact that she's a celebrity that makes everything she does epically huge and important.

EDIT: OMG how did i miss that last time, GAY STUDIES! :D At first i laughed thinking it would be easy, but now that i think about it. It would actually be pretty difficult to teach, with laws being passed all over the place things are always changing.
But nevertheless i would still totally take that class x]

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
I would like to join this club under the ally precident please. I'm not any of those things which make up the club, but I do support gay rights and whatnot. You can thank Lady Gaga for that. <3

*is a co-owner* Welcome aboard, Alternative! We owe Miss Gaga so much.

As for me?

Androgynous, bigender, pansexual, queer, gay, trans*, genderqueer, unicorn, repeat. In any order.

I can be whatever I want to be, you got that, lovebirds? I'll be the Queen of Faeries if I want to be. As if I wasn't already that already.

I'm not sure what to do with this post, but if it means you're joining us also, then welcome! And you don't have to like Lady Gaga, it's just something most of us share :)

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
May I join please? I fall into the gay catergoy.

The Afghanistan story was quite interesting. Maybe they shouldn't have spread the truth about the flags meaning. Who knows what could have happened if they continued hang the pride flag all around. There could've been a disco revival in that country. XD

Back