The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 23rd, 2011, 03:57 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Thanks both Psy and flamemaster!

I took your suggestion to mind, and I chose a watermelon as the fruit. Thanks to hourglasshero, it along with its evolutions look awesome! Once the sprites have been completed, I'll post them. However, let's get on to their PokéDex descriptions!

Mischeed Grass/Dark
Prankster Pokémon

Mischeed's are devious little Pokémon that enjoy playing harmless pranks on humans and fellow Pokémon alike. They have been known to launch a powerful Bullet Seed attack when threatened.

Bloomvil Grass/Dark
Punk Pokémon

Bloomvil, the evolved form of Mischeed. These creatures are nothing but punks who steal what they want. While they do not look fast, nor are they, they use their root-like arms and tail to trip up its victim.

Thievelon Grass/Dark
Robber Pokémon

This Pokémon is a notorious thief. It uses its natural appearance as camouflage then, when opportunity presents itself, it strikes! It has been known to consume children by accident.

Last edited by Ęℓαчиıı; April 24th, 2011 at 03:26 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 11:42 PM
<~F.M.P~>
I got you whistling Blue Box!

Nature: Mild
Send a message via AIM to <~F.M.P~> Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to <~F.M.P~>
Have I told you? You're a great sense of inspiration for me? I love what you've got so far, especially your story and the Characters and Pokemon I've seen you come up with.

I can't wait to see some other stuff come out of your magic hat.

It's been a good 5 months since I've been on here and the first amazing game I see is this one. Keep it up! I'll help in any way I can :3
Old April 24th, 2011, 02:28 AM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Wow after reading FMP comment i decided to actually read the story and study this game my self...
And i am impressed, didn't know this game was this amazing.
Good luck, i and a lot of people are also looking forward to this progression!
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:08 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by <~F.M.P~> View Post
Have I told you? You're a great sense of inspiration for me? I love what you've got so far, especially your story and the Characters and Pokemon I've seen you come up with.

I can't wait to see some other stuff come out of your magic hat.

It's been a good 5 months since I've been on here and the first amazing game I see is this one. Keep it up! I'll help in any way I can :3
Oh!!

Thank you so much, <~F.M.P.~>, you have no idea as to who much that means to me!
It means quite a lot that someone like you would post such a comment. <3

Your words have inspired me to work even harder on this game and now, you have my eternal love. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
Wow after reading FMP comment i decided to actually read the story and study this game my self...
And i am impressed, didn't know this game was this amazing.
Good luck, i and a lot of people are also looking forward to this progression!
Thank you too!

Such kind works are really uplifting, and now, I think I'll go ahead and give you all what you've been waiting for~

Meet Purleaf!
Sprited by the adorable Dewitty~

This little guy is the first of the starters of the Armonia region! These creatures are very playful and won't turn down a chance to run around.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:45 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty

In the second picture the word League is spelt Leauge :/
Fix it :D
This looks good anyway
my only other problem is the GBA tiles mixed with the DS overworlds :/
Old May 3rd, 2011, 02:11 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post

This looks good anyway
It actually is League.. and the tiles are place holders.

And with the sprite, amazing nice work dewitty! very talented artist
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:02 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork15 View Post

This looks good anyway
It has been fixed, I haven't updated the screenies.

If you would have read the entire first post, you would've seen this little comment of mine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ęℓαчиıı View Post
Note: I know some tiles don't match or are oddly placed... I'm working on those! Plus, I'm also working on the OverWorlds and other things... and no, Team Rocket isn't permanent. They're merely placeholders until I get Team Triodrax's sprites and OWs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
It actually is League.. and the tiles are place holders.

And with the sprite, amazing nice work dewitty! very talented artist
Thanks Prodigy~ :3
And yes, Dewitty is a very talented spriter~
Old May 4th, 2011, 02:03 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Isn't League spelt right? Well it is in my dictionary?
Old May 4th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Yes, you had it right.
It's "league." It was just a minor typo on my part..
Old May 4th, 2011, 11:24 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Quote:
Yes, you had it right.
It's "league." It was just a minor typo on my part..
Eh ahh i got confused.. i thought he was saying League is spelt wrong lol :D
Becuase he said League is leauge :D my bad carry on
Old May 20th, 2011, 04:39 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Nature: Serious
Elaynii! For i must say, that project rocks! We all hope to see more much cool features and the demo release, And yeah, when the demo released. I will play Pokemon Ironed Heart, and why do you have the female trainer a farmer and the male an Ace Trainer? Are these are place holders? Do you want people for your team? Go to the Team Recuitment and follow what Avatar says.

omega.
No information yet.
Old May 20th, 2011, 09:44 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post
Elaynii! For i must say, that project rocks! We all hope to see more much cool features and the demo release, And yeah, when the demo released. I will play Pokemon Ironed Heart, and why do you have the female trainer a farmer and the male an Ace Trainer? Are these are place holders? Do you want people for your team? Go to the Team Recruitment and follow what Avatar says.
Thank you, KingSnivy.

Regarding your comment on the hero/heroine, you're right. They're placeholders, as I'm still trying to come up with designs for them. Once I have their designs, their sprites should be done relatively soon. Be that as it may, I am more than satisfied with my small, yet brilliant team. True, they're busy with their own games and business, but, they manage to deal with me, so, I think it's a fair trade.

Also, thank you for spelling my name right this time. :D
Old May 27th, 2011, 12:46 AM
TheMarkCrafter
Magma.

Nature: Serious
Hmm.. will other regions be connected???

omega.
No information yet.
Old June 5th, 2011, 07:40 AM
flamemaster
No school like the old school

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Oh!!

Thank you so much, <~F.M.P.~>, you have no idea as to who much that means to me!
It means quite a lot that someone like you would post such a comment. <3

Your words have inspired me to work even harder on this game and now, you have my eternal love. <3

Thank you too!

Such kind works are really uplifting, and now, I think I'll go ahead and give you all what you've been waiting for~

Meet Purleaf!
Sprited by the adorable Dewitty~

This little guy is the first of the starters of the Armonia region! These creatures are very playful and won't turn down a chance to run around.
:3 hey elaynii, game looks like its comin' along nicely. i just want to hug and cuddle that sprite. dewitty, is very talented, been following him on deviantart fo awhile, well, keep up the good work!
Old July 6th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSnivy View Post
Hmm.. will other regions be connected???
No, there will only be one region, KingSnivy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamemaster View Post
:3 hey elaynii, game looks like its comin' along nicely. i just want to hug and cuddle that sprite. dewitty, is very talented, been following him on deviantart fo awhile, well, keep up the good work!
Yes, Dewwy is quite talented~ <3
Thanks for the comment about the game too.
Old July 8th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Oh, and pardon the double post, but I have a question for you all.

Should I stay with the current tiles -HGSS- or upgrade to Black/White tiles? If I upgrade, I'll be needing to compile myself a tileset, which is time consuming, as you all know.

Thanks~
Old July 9th, 2011, 01:23 PM
flamemaster

^well elaynii, if you do decide to go to black\white style, i could help, i am currently compiling my own tileset at the moment, when it complete i could pm it to you. right now i've got about 30% of what i'm gonna add.
flamemaster~
Old July 10th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Many thanks, flamemaster.

However, after consulting with some "advisers" and very good friends, I've decided to stay with my current tiles, which are the HeartGold/SoulSilver tiles. It seems most of the games are converting to Black/White tiles, and I don't want to jump on the bandwagon. Besides, I've got most of the character sets and autotiles I need. Thank you for the offer though! n_n

Small Update(s)

First and foremost... meet the second starter of Ironed Heart!

Lavapho, the Magma Seal Pokémon.
PokéDex Description: These Pokémon is arrogant and very proud. It spends its time swimming in magma pools or singing weaker Pokémon.
Credit(s): Thanks to Cilerba for the awesome sprite! <3

I.V. Game Updates

As I told flamemaster, the game will retain its HeartGold/SoulSilver graphics. I am now revamping old maps, and updating some OWs. Progress is very, very slow, but, we're getting some done.
Old July 10th, 2011, 07:18 PM
JLacasse
Beginning Trainer

I think that "Bareon - Ghost Eeveelution" is a very good addition of the Eevee family. I like that so can you plz put that one in the game.
Old July 20th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Updated the entire first post! n_n
I've added 12 new screenies for your viewing pleasure~ o3o
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Neo-Spriteman
or goloog. that works too.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Neo-Spriteman
Hey! I'm loving the new layout!

Okay, now on to the new stuff. I'll be rating all the sections out of 5, and explaining why.

Introduction - 5/5 This is so full of win. I loved it so much. All the detail in this sentence is just amazing.

Azelon Region - 5/5 First, the world map looks great. A lot of vareity, tons of landmarks... It's just great. Second, I love the oligarchy idea with the elite four. Nice touch. :) But about the starters... Can you only choose from the water and grass types? It'd be a shame if you had to.

Characters - 5/5 They are all very well sprited, and their descriptions are very nice. You gave them personalities. That's something you don't see to often.

Screenshots - 4/5 first I'd like to comment on the different styles you used on the mapping. The outdoor maps is full of life, but the indoor maps are dull and boring. I'd suggest you choose a different indoor tileset. The forth map looks very empty at the top. And in the eight screen... Is that a house from FRLG? But I know you, it's probably a placeholder or something.

Overall Score - 19/20

If you want, I could take a look at your maps and.. I dunno, edit them a little?
Old July 20th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
Scolipede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Spriteman View Post
Hey! I'm loving the new layout!

Okay, now on to the new stuff. I'll be rating all the sections out of 5, and explaining why.

Introduction - 5/5 This is so full of win. I loved it so much. All the detail in this sentence is just amazing.
Many, many thanks! <3

I have to give some credit to Abnegation for that. His writing skills brought it to life, and I love him for it!

Quote:
Azelon Region - 5/5 First, the world map looks great. A lot of vareity, tons of landmarks... It's just great. Second, I love the oligarchy idea with the elite four. Nice touch. But about the starters... Can you only choose from the water and grass types? It'd be a shame if you had to.
Thanks!
Didn't NikNaks do just an amazing job? I think he did.

Regarding the Elite Four, I thought I'd add my own little ideas in for them. I'm really glad you like the idea itself! Now, onto the starters.. No, you can choose from water, grass, and fire. I guess I must have left little ol' Lavapho out! o3o;

Quote:
Characters - 5/5 They are all very well sprited, and their descriptions are very nice. You gave them personalities. That's something you don't see to often.
Once again, thanks! o3o

This is a personal pet peeve of mine; if I play a game, the characters MUST have some sort of personality. I give all of my characters' personality, regardless of what series it is. I try to make them likable, and even if they aren't, at least .. they have something that makes them stand out among the rest.

Quote:
Screenshots - 4/5 first I'd like to comment on the different styles you used on the mapping. The outdoor maps is full of life, but the indoor maps are dull and boring. I'd suggest you choose a different indoor tileset. The forth map looks very empty at the top. And in the eight screen... Is that a house from FRLG? But I know you, it's probably a placeholder or something.
Thanks, I suffer from mapping, so, I'm somewhat surprised to see someone likes them! Indoor maps especially. I am currently ripping some indoor tiles from HGSS, so, it'll match the style.

Yeah, some maps are empty, because they're not fully completed. And yes, you're right! It is a placeholder, at least, until I find me a decent house to shove in there. It's meant to be a rest house for traveling trainers.

Quote:
Overall Score - 19/20

If you want, I could take a look at your maps and.. I dunno, edit them a little?
o3o;
Thanks for offering, I'd be very happy if you could do that for me. <3

NOTE: I just noticed... the font is quite blurry. If anyone knows how to fix this, please, let me know!
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:14 PM
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.

Nature: Sassy
wow this is so great when is a release plz can i have tiles
Loljk
Looks great, Viv. <3 I like that Red Gyarados addition!

~Ledyba~
Old July 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
DJClass

Quote:
Lavapho, the Magma Seal Pokémon.
I am totally cool with that.

I'm glad you decided to stick with 4th gen graphics, as the tone of the plot seems to fit that style more than the bland B/W tiles. I'll be looking forward to this!
Old July 22nd, 2011, 05:13 AM
flamemaster

hey elaynii, i am goin to tell you sorta what i think about this, in the style neo-spriteman did.

Introduction - 5/5 I totally agree with neo here. this introduction is great.

Azelon Region - 3/5 personally, i think the world map is too bland, its pretty much the typical mountain, and a region below it, and frankly it looks pretty empty.

Characters - 4/5 most of the characters look good, but suri's sprite seems to dark, and is silver playable? that just seem weird.

Screenshots - 3/5 some of these look good, but i frankly think most of them look... empty, like a lot of the grass is the same all the time, you should try changing up the grass tile sometimes.

Overall Score - 15/20

sorry for rappin' on your game, but when I critique i do harsh critique.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here