The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 24th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Thanks to the boneheads over at Toshiba I got my laptop back with yet another error, this time completely unrelated! How does that even happen?! I sent it in for one thing and got it back with another. Aside from that the hard drive has been completely wiped. All of my files for this hack are gone. To make it worse I have to send it back, yet again, to be repaired for this newest issue. I'm so mad! I won't be able to continue this hack until those geniuses send my laptop back. I'll be starting fresh using the alpha as the source of my resources. That said, the beta release and the planned alpha update have both been pushed back indefinitely. Sorry to everyone who was expecting the beta or the alpha some time soon. Don't worry though, I hope to have some tangible release before the summer ends.

TL;DR: Hack's on hold for another 2 weeks until I get my laptop back, then I'll be starting fresh [for the third time].

~QM
Old May 24th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Snakebyte
About time, I'd say...

Send a message via AIM to Snakebyte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Snakebyte Send a message via Yahoo to Snakebyte
Ouch. That really, really sucks. Best of luck to you.
Old May 30th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

I've decided that I refuse to just sit around and wait for my laptop to get back. Instead I've restarted this hack on my desktop computer and will just transfer it over when I get my laptop back. Updates will not be zooming out as fast as they were before but that's because the restoring process is so tedious. But to allow people to gauge my progress I'll say this. I've already restored the battle backgrounds, tiles, maps, Pokemon sprites and pieces of the internal rom. Before I can start showing visual progress I have to restore some ASM routines that I don't have assembled yet, as well as restore the altered move sets for all of the Pokemon, OW's and scripts. All of that should take about a week but I will be stopping in with updates every now and then between.

TL;DR: I'm already more than 60% done with the restoring process. Updates are coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Currently:
Decapitalizing everything once again

Last edited by Quilava's Master; May 30th, 2011 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Added progress bar
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:05 AM
cbd98
A bouquet of oopsie dasies

Nature: Relaxed
i love how this is coming out on my birthday!!! i can't wait!!! it is really good. i think it's cool that you have an event ready too. keep up the good work!

Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. -Karen

We are all books because we have spines and stories to tell.

Ground Monotype for the Ultimate Pokecommunity League
Old June 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
elementalkeeper
PKMN HACKER

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to elementalkeeper
Wow! I like the story too much. It inspired me to do my own hack.
Sadly, I'm a noob in hacking. I downloaded it so I could play it!
Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:24 PM
ChillinInYoCloset
PacmanAteMe

Nature: Calm
I was playing and really enjoying the game and then I tried talking to a guy on Genesis Road and this happened. I don't know if it was the hack or the Rom I got.
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon - Shattered Dreams.png‎ (8.2 KB, 48 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Eat, Sleep, Breathe Carolina.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 06:34 PM
regimeen
Alt + F4 user

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChillinInYoCloset View Post
I was playing and really enjoying the game and then I tried talking to a guy on Genesis Road and this happened. I don't know if it was the hack or the Rom I got.
yeah same here, it just crashed on me

Old June 3rd, 2011, 05:48 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by regimeen View Post
yeah same here, it just crashed on me
Yes, I'm aware of this error and a plethora of others. How embarrassing. I'll see about releasing a quick fix until I get a proper release ready which shouldn't that much longer.

To Do:
Currently In Progress; Done
  • Edit movesets
  • Insert Trainer Sprites
  • Restore OW's
  • Restore World Map
  • Insert remaining ASM Routines
  • Restore Maps
  • Rescript up to Emerald Town

*When every thing on this list is done I will release a proper beta*

Edit: We won HotM! I wanna thank everyone for voting for us =] There will definitely be something in the next release to commemorate this event.

Last edited by Quilava's Master; June 3rd, 2011 at 05:57 AM.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 09:28 AM
naruck23
Plague

Looks cool, you need workers, because i want to help someone making a successful hack.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
ChillinInYoCloset
PacmanAteMe

Congrats on HotM. Your hack is definitely one of the best on Progressing Hacks.

Eat, Sleep, Breathe Carolina.
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM
zein
Jorge Ben Jor.

Really nice hack, love how you map and the sprites dude, its a really good one, try to finish him. Also you forgot me on the credits =/ that's not nice.

||||
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruck23 View Post
Looks cool, you need workers, because i want to help someone making a successful hack.
Thanks. I don't use a team because 1.) it slows me down, 2.) I'm capable of doing almost anything associated with hacking on my own. I also prefer to have complete creative control over my project.
Quote:
Congrats on HotM. Your hack is definitely one of the best on Progressing Hacks.
Thanks. Such a huge compliment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zein View Post
Really nice hack, love how you map and the sprites dude, its a really good one, try to finish him. Also you forgot me on the credits =/ that's not nice.
Thanks. Also fixed. I really didn't even know. Minor misunderstanding.

To Do:
  • Edit movesets [First 150 Pokemon are done]
  • Insert Trainer Sprites
  • Restore OW's
  • Restore World Map
  • Restore Maps

*When every thing on this list is done I will release a proper beta*
Old June 6th, 2011, 03:35 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Congratulations on finally getting HotM mate :P

The dedication you have put into this hack is amazing and your 'event Pokemon' idea is pretty unique in itself (I hope to see this continue in the future). I love the idea of varied sidequests as it really does make the game longer and gives the player a sense of accomplishment. This hack is by far, one of Progressing Hacks biggest stand outs for me.

Keep on truckin' and crank out that beta.
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Congratulations on finally getting HotM mate :P

The dedication you have put into this hack is amazing and your 'event Pokemon' idea is pretty unique in itself (I hope to see this continue in the future). I love the idea of varied sidequests as it really does make the game longer and gives the player a sense of accomplishment. This hack is by far, one of Progressing Hacks biggest stand outs for me.

Keep on truckin' and crank out that beta.
Thanks. It surprises me that not many other hacks have the event pokemon feature implemented as it's fairly easy to implement.

Update
As you can see from the progress checklist I'm making a lot of headway with this hack. I just got through editing all of the Pokemon movesets [mainly Johto & Kanto as their FR movesets were atrocious]. I've inserted 70% of the trainer sprites so far. Then I'll be adding the Ow's. That said this hack should start pumping out fresh updates before the end of the month. Also with the first major update I'll introduce a new feature as well as revealing a list of the Event Pokemon [along with their release date and acquisition conditions] that are going to be released when the updated alpha is released. Hang tight =3

To Do:
  • Edit movesets, TM/HM data
  • Insert Trainer Sprites
  • Restore OW's
  • Restore World Map
  • Restore Maps

*When every thing on this list is done I will issue a proper release*

Last edited by Quilava's Master; June 9th, 2011 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Status Update
Old June 10th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Gannon5197
Beginning Trainer

When i go to load the rom it just has a blank white screen? I did everything i believe, and nothing seems to work? Just letting you know
Old June 18th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Wow, it's been a long time since I've posted an actual update. Anyways, I've been hard at work working on this hack and just couldn't find time to update with something worthy enough. But I've finally got something! You've read about it in the opening post, you've heard rumors about it, they said I was a madman but now I introduce: SEASONS! [cue evil laughter] All jokes aside though, I really am introducing Seasons. Visual seasons at that. So far from what I've seen not many hacks have incorporated seasons. I don't know why but whatever, it's here.

Seasons run on real time and thus changes with the actual month according to your computer. I know a lot of hacks can be finished in a matter of days but by releasing seasonal betas I'll ensure that each seasons can be experienced by the player. The biggest season change is in Winter. That's when it becomes all snowy out. The trees, bushes, ground, paths etc. become paved in snow. Be warned though nothing will ice over [as in there will not be icicles hanging from the houses]. Maybe in the near future I'll add that but for now I love the tiles the way they are. There are, however, a few bugs with the Winter season that I have to work out. Namely the fact that automatic animations don't occur. This means that the water animations and the flower animations don't happen. I'm currently working on a way to fix this. I may just end up having the oceans/lakes freeze over = thus allowing you to slide over them. This won't be a big deal because, as you can see from the world map, there is only one mandatory body of water to traverse. Another bug is that the tileset refuses to turn all snowy in December. I don't know why but whatever. As of right now, it won't begin to snow until January 1st and the snow will last until April 1st. The seasons also dictate certain events, but I'll save those revelations until later. Without further ado, screenshots.

Note: The last screenshot is simply for comparison.

Hope everyone likes this rather small update. On my next update, I'm goign to introduce the Pokennect, any guesses as to what it can be? First person to PM with the right idea will get a cameo in the hack!

~QM
Old June 18th, 2011, 02:33 PM
hashtag
the man in black
Community Supporter

Looking nice man; shame about the trees, that shading needs a little reworking.

paired with christos
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manipulation View Post
Looking nice man; shame about the trees, that shading needs a little reworking.
Which tree? The icy one or the regular trees?
Old June 18th, 2011, 05:55 PM
jvpski3
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nice Hack! The pallets could be a little better, but very nice!
Old June 27th, 2011, 05:14 AM
zumba
Skyline

love the new pics and updates. specially the snow pics. idk if u fixed this bug since last time but every time u push A on the trees, a script comes up. i havnt played in a long time so i cant remember what it says. seems like toshiba messing ur computer up more was a good thing haha. looks like it motivated u even more. anyways, cant wait for the new release.

i Support:

Pokemon Shattered Dreams
Pokemon AshGray Version
Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old June 27th, 2011, 06:25 AM
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
This looks really good. I like the season screenshots! I'll be keeping an eye on this hack.

Good luck!
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:30 AM
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
I can see that you took the indoor battle background, the cave battle background, their palettes, and the overworld for the youngster character directly from beta 2 of my hack without my permission. At the very least you could have listed my name in the credits, and I would've let it slide, but you didn't. It took a great amount of time and effort for me to get these visuals inserted into the game itself, so I'm kindly asking you to remove all of my content from your game. Thank you.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons

Last edited by Frostbite; June 27th, 2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvpski3 View Post
Nice Hack! The pallets could be a little better, but very nice!
Thanks. I do like the pallets so I won't change them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zumba View Post
love the new pics and updates. specially the snow pics. idk if u fixed this bug since last time but every time u push A on the trees, a script comes up. i havnt played in a long time so i cant remember what it says. seems like toshiba messing ur computer up more was a good thing haha. looks like it motivated u even more. anyways, cant wait for the new release.
Haha, agreed. The whole mess up really lit a fire in me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
This looks really good. I like the season screenshots! I'll be keeping an eye on this hack. ;)

Good luck!
Thanks! The seasons is also one of my favorite features.

Update:
Hola folks, I'm back with another update. After a weekend of doing absolutely nothing related to hacking I decided to boot up the ol' hack and see what I could get done. Voila! In a few short hours I've managed to accomplish a buttload! But before we get to the screenshots there is something I want to elaborate on. That is the Realistic Weather Generator [RWG]. This isn't like most hacks which do random weather. In my hack the weather is pretty realistic. There will be no sandstorms in towns or it won't be snowing in the desert. Instead the hack will load the weather properly suited for both the environment and the season. This means that from March - June it will rain WAY more frequently than usual. During the winter it will obviously snow and so on. Another thing that seperates this from the Random Weather Generators of other hacks is that the weather affect won't wear off simply by leaving the map. Using a series of variables and flags makes it so that you're going to have to wait out the rain, like everyone else. Occasionally it will start to thunderstorm [but only after it has already been raining]. Also during the rain some people in the town will disappear [just like the kids do after 8pm] to avoid getting wet, and during a thunderstorm almost everyone will disappear [barring story-centric characters]. In short the RWG adds a lot of realism to the game and definitely influences what goes on during the course of the game, leading to a different playing experience for all involved.

Below are the screenshots, but here's a quick explanation:
I finally got all of the Battle backgrounds done, [thanks to the Spriters Resource] and they look quite nice if I do say so myself. There's a screenshot showing off the new OW's for Dr. Phenix [Rival's dad], Mrs. Phenix [Rival's mom], and Eris [Prof. Oak's guide/7th Gym Leader]. I decided I didn't like the ugly orange color in the Female Trainer's Trainer Card so I changed it to purple [which is one of my favorite colors, second to green]. I added the Cut Tree's from R/S/E as I thought they looked better and remapped a few places to make them look better. The EctoTeam is the team you may join for the minigame Who You Gonna Call that I announced a few months ago. Now without further ado:

Conclusion:
I just remembered! The Pokennect! Well out of the 9 guesses I got only one person came close to guessing what Pokennect was. It's a Key Item that functions like a PDA. It's like the Pokegear/Poketch. [It actually functions!]
Using it allows you to view the world map, the date, the time, as well as checking for what mystery events are available! The script for it is just about done but I am contemplating adding a "Radio" function and possibly removing the option to view what Mystery Events are coming up. If anyone has any ideas as to what else I should add to the Pokennect feel free to leave a reply stating your idea. The Pokennect is obtained in Beacon City after beating their leader and obtaining your second badge which means it will be obtainable in the first beta [which still has no release date].
My next update will include screenshots [or maybe a video] of the Pokennect in action! It will also include information regarding a third mini-game and whatever else I think of! Until then!

~QM

Last edited by Quilava's Master; June 27th, 2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:41 AM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
Please tell me you aren't going to flat-out ignore Frostbite's post.

Brother of Vrai
Old June 27th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
I can see that you took the indoor battle background, the cave battle background, their palettes, and the overworld for the youngster character directly from beta 2 of my hack without my permission. At the very least you could have listed my name in the credits, and I would've let it slide, but you didn't. It took a great amount of time and effort for me to get these visuals inserted into the game itself, so I'm kindly asking you to remove all of my content from your game. Thank you.
That's false. I imported each of those myself using the this page right here:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/...um/sheet/18502
Please don't acuse me of such things as I truly worked hard on everything I did. The cave palette I used was done to emulate the colors used by Manioulation in Sienna. If you'd like I can recolor them but don't go around acusing me of things. Regarding the youngster sprite, again I did this on my own, all i did was recolr the shirt and hat to match his battle sprite [which is the HG/SS one]. Give me a minute and I'll post his entire sprite library.

Edit: That's his entire sprite library, open it using NSE and look.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Sprite_18.rar‎ (840 Bytes, 17 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Quilava's Master; June 27th, 2011 at 10:03 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here